FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Leeds the next match.
126 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We can win this game, but to do this at their new ground & with a party atmosphere we will have to be totally focused for the full 80 minutes ensuring their early onslaught fails and most importantly we match their speed + read their game plays. In particular we must stop konrad, he plays the same as former Bradford's -vino/kola - the beast, he knows he intimidates defenders & steam rollers over them or through them !!!
This is a "tester for Chester" to get, the/a, game plan in place, a plan to deal & minimize Hurrell, while the team execute the plan to the letter for 80 minutes. Leeds have started to play at high speed !
If we do not do any of these things we need to do, we will get hammered.
However, let's perform & up the Trin !!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1692No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Very much looking forward to this

Agree re defending against KH
broughy and reece are very capable defenders

I have a good feeling about about Friday nights game for us

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Really looking forward to this one.
Leeds have made a solid start to the season, narrowly beaten by Saints, comfortable victory over Salford and a decent performance against Wigan but, comfortably beaten at Wire.
If we could erase our game against London, Trinity are doing ok, with a hard fought win against Catalan and a narrow reverse against Saints.
Leeds will start favourites but, they are beatable and at the moment, they are conceding plenty of points.

Could be a fairly high scoring game and it should be close 28 - 24 but not sure which side will score the 28. Lets hope its Trinity.

Come on Trin !

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10455
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "

If we could erase our game against London, !'"

Looks like everyone else will give London the expected thrashings. We have effectively given the rest of Super League a two competition points start regardless of any bonus wins we achieve.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Could go either way this one. Really depends on how we face the atmosphere and don't get intimidated.We have the players to do it do we have the heart? time will tell.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5288
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

From what I saw against Saints, the Leeds left side is their potent attacking threat. If fit I would play kirmo because on his day he is a great defender and he would make that edge of ours more secure.

However its just our luck that they come at us the other way. I thought Watkins was quiet at Saints but expect him to be far more involved on Friday.

I am not expecting a win because it seems like yet again we have been chosen to be the sacrificial lambs at someones party and everything will be stacked against us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36072
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: TrinTrin "We can win this game, but to do this at their new ground & with a party atmosphere we will have to be totally focused for the full 80 minutes ensuring their early onslaught fails and most importantly we match their speed + read their game plays. In particular we must stop konrad, he plays the same as former Bradford's -vino/kola - the beast, he knows he intimidates defenders & steam rollers over them or through them !!!
This is a "tester for Chester" to get, the/a, game plan in place, a plan to deal & minimize Hurrell, while the team execute the plan to the letter for 80 minutes. Leeds have started to play at high speed !
If we do not do any of these things we need to do, we will get hammered.
However, let's perform & up the Trin !!'"

You make me laugh ‘must stop Hurrell’ as if he’s some kind of supersrar when in fact he’s just a big lump. Belly used to spout the same nonesense about Carnegie at Cas and that threat never materialised.

Why over egg this ordinary player? The question should be how will he cope against the mini-beast! How will he cope against BJB and especially TJ and Hampshire who have the kind of pace that can leave lumps like him flat on their Harriss.

If we are to beat Leeds it will mean beating the whole team not just one over exaggerated player.

Do I think Hurrell is any good? Yes he’s pretty good. Is he an unstoppable machine like a Jamie Lyons? Not even close, get stuck into Leeds from the start and he won’t be a threat. There are certainly other Leeds players I worry about more.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Hmm I remember Carney running through us with ease. Millennium game springs to mind.
Hurrell is good and will run through us too if we don't concentrate.
However he looked better at Sts because they had a second row in centre who didn't know how to defend in centre. I think Lyne will be fine. Important role for the second row inside him.
I'd also run Hampshire down his channel. He isn't the most agile. He can be shown up.

Big game though. Will be difficult.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36072
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: PopTart "Hmm I remember Carney running through us with ease. Millennium game springs to mind.
Hurrell is good and will run through us too if we don't concentrate.
However he looked better at Sts because they had a second row in centre who didn't know how to defend in centre. I think Lyne will be fine. Important role for the second row inside him.
I'd also run Hampshire down his channel. He isn't the most agile. He can be shown up.
I
Big game though. Will be difficult.'"

I remember that I also remember that anybody could have done that to us on the day we were so bad.

I also remember a seaon earlier Peter Fox slamming Carnie into touch time and time again - the bloke never got a look in. Was Peter Fox a brilliant player? No he was just committed.

Hurrell burst onto the NRL scene and had a few goodish seasons and gained some notoriety by breaking Tupou’s face in a cowardly tackle. That to me is not the mark of a great player/ I know it impresses some but not me.

Could he rip us apart? Yes if we let him but do could a lot of players given the chance and that also applies to a number of our players.

The last Aussie back who I thought to be a genuine cut above in SL was Lyons and Vinakola the rest have been far more repution than actual action - imo.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: vastman "I remember that I also remember that anybody could have done that to us on the day we were so bad.

I also remember a seaon earlier Peter Fox slamming Carnie into touch time and time again - the bloke never got a look in. Was Peter Fox a brilliant player? No he was just committed.

Hurrell burst onto the NRL scene and had a few goodish seasons and gained some notoriety by breaking Tupou’s face in a cowardly tackle. That to me is not the mark of a great player/ I know it impresses some but not me.

Could he rip us apart? Yes if we let him but do could a lot of players given the chance and that also applies to a number of our players.

The last Aussie back who I thought to be a genuine cut above in SL was Lyons and Vinakola the rest have been far more repution than actual action - imo.'"

I agree with you. He can be stopped. He's no Lyon. He was a step above.
I would say Gidley was up there too.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1183No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74926_1554763186.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74926.png

You've gotta think that their saints game stats shouldn't be good enough to win with next week, yet it still got them within a score.
Still can't really tell where we're at tbh, I'm not really concerned with how well anybody else is playing because we know we have a team that can compete and win.
What isn't apparent is how well we are competing, London wasn't useful, Saints hardly set the World on fire but was that down to us or them.
Catalans I thought was a gutsy grinder, throughout which we sought to undo gutsy grinding passages of play with ****ups.
They are a decent team, but plowing it down the middle didn't get them anywhere, and the fact that they tried to turn the screw in the 2nd half doing exactly the same thing doesn't really say any more about us than the 1st.
Stats....stats are all we have to go on and that is only half a story.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

All are good points of opinion, however, I was also alluding to the point that all teams do their homework on the next team they play, in this case Leeds. I just hope Chester does ours & we carry it out to the letter. I also think the point about Kirmond is good, he also played centre so his reads should be good, he also has the strength to tackle Hurrell. I also do not over rate the guy but recognize the threat.
So up the Trin !

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22575.gif
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs.":22575.gif

I doubt there will be a "party atmosphere" as the ground is still incomplete and the north side will be empty. What the fully open South Stand sounds like will be interesting but Trinity have a great chance based on the two teams' form so far.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain217No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Down the middle we (Leeds) can certainly be hurt. Pretty much common knowledge we're in the market for another forward and that really told at the weekend. Don't expect anyone to be brought in this week so that will still be a problem.

Brough always turns up against us and a game of percentages with his kicks turning us around and pushing us back could make it a difficult evening for us. Not to mention a pretty leaky right edge- Bill Toupu plays on that side doesnt he? Could have a field day if so!

From Friday I would expect us to be missing Ward and Walker. Interested to see what we go with at FB as Golding is apparently injured. If Furner wants to keep the halves together then maybe Watkins to full back, Newman in at centre. If not, Lolohea to full back and McLelland in at 6.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1374No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2022Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Am ya papi:

Quote: carnegiedweller "Down the middle we (Leeds) can certainly be hurt. Pretty much common knowledge we're in the market for another forward and that really told at the weekend. Don't expect anyone to be brought in this week so that will still be a problem.

Brough always turns up against us and a game of percentages with his kicks turning us around and pushing us back could make it a difficult evening for us. Not to mention a pretty leaky right edge- Bill Toupu plays on that side doesnt he? Could have a field day if so!

From Friday I would expect us to be missing Ward and Walker. Interested to see what we go with at FB as Golding is apparently injured. If Furner wants to keep the halves together then maybe Watkins to full back, Newman in at centre. If not, Lolohea to full back and McLelland in at 6.'"

Is Lolohea fit enough to play FB? I'd catch the fat lil never mind Johnstone icon_lol.gif

In all seriousness it's going to be a tough one, your squad is a lot more in depth than I thought however I do question the quality. Having said that play anywhere like the level you played against Saints and you'll batter us.

126 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
126 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.19873046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM