JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus:46524.jpg

Yeeeeeeeessssssssss Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye2.gif
[size=200:3n3zr01x]Click the link to see my Keighley Cougar Vids.[/size:3n3zr01x] //www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920:Others/eye2.gif

Ever in doubt?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus:46524.jpg

Not with the noise we made today.

We were the 18th Man today, immense effort on and off the field.

Fans, players I'm proud of you all.

eusa_clap.gif a014.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1594No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2015Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g7.gif
:Others/g7.gif

Incredible effort from the whole club and I mean everybody,my throat is in agony but you know what I don't care,I'm immensely proud of everyone today from played to coach to fans,this has to be the way we cope with the run in,one club one family,I love you all!!! Get in!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach909
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Miss Piggy.gif
Soft, soppy Cougars fan:Black Backgrounds/Miss Piggy.gif

Great news, just read it now, as some of us have been working today

RankPostsTeam
International Star695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

Great game. Had everything. We got the result and for me Halley was outstanding and showed his SL class. Some of his movement and decision making was first class. A big well done to all the players. Great effort.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Excellent!!!!!!!!!! And if the 'new' supporters don't come-down next time it will be a disgrace!

It's a pity that the pathetic former supporters won't give the Club a second chance.

If they did then they would see what they're missing!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach25No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Superb day. Haven't posted in a while but couldn't resist, have even watched the video posted.

Team gelled this time, players in position and playing confidently. A few errors but plenty of poor ref descions (why was the ref subbed off?!)

Losing at London and Wales are pretty big glitches to overcome and must have been terrible for players (and attending fans).

However what a time to pull it out of the bag. Against haven and rochdale it was us losing it with 10mins to go. Confidence and a roaring crowd won it today.

another 100 in the Jewson stand would make the roof lift off, lets aim for that...afterall its better than the main stand falling in again. I think Mick O Neill is under there still trying to find that cowboy hat he wore when we beat Salford away.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A.Marshall:

Were you lot at a different game..... you stole it.

As for the 18th man comment you only got vocal when you scored with 3 mins to go.

Now turning to the game yes it was a cracker Swinton should have buried it in the first half when we were the dominent side and the in the second half there was a danger Keighley would run away with it when you ran in two simple tries in the first five or ten mins.

You have to remeber Ian Mort scored a hat trick with virtually three identicle passes and had he converted them Swinton would have won.

As it was you rode your luck got the mistake in the dying minutes and took the game so every credit to the Cougars for that.

I did today witness the most blatent forward pass i have seen in years be allowed by the ref in the first half and in every division of Rugby that needs to be addressed but I have no complaints both teams contributed to a very entertaining game, well done to the Cougars and good luck for the rest of the season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach774No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Gosh Marshy1 - stole it - we won it! Bitter pill to swallow hey??? 18th Man yes, and woman, who drummed and shouted and sang their way throughout the whole match and felt the anguish when you were in front and the euphoria when we won. Hearts given to the Cougar team yesterday. eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

Quote: Marshy1 "Were you lot at a different game..... you stole it.

As for the 18th man comment you only got vocal when you scored with 3 mins to go.
'"

It was certainly a close game but that just comes across as sour grapes, perhaps some of your close victories this year were also "stolen". I thought our crowd was good all game - in the first half some of the fans were at the "scoreboard end", when they moved at half time there was more concerted singing from the turner stand.

Quote: Marshy1 "Now turning to the game yes it was a cracker Swinton should have buried it in the first half when we were the dominent side and the in the second half there was a danger Keighley would run away with it when you ran in two simple tries in the first five or ten mins.'"

But you didn't "bury it" - we didn't allow you to icon_wink.gif

Looking forward to the return at your place (wherever that is) it should be a cracker.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

Good singing today and good to see the drum back (even if it was right in my earhole).

Also very good to see the singing continue when things were looking grim in the first half. Didn't hear too much "player knocking" this week - got to be a positive icon_lol.gif

There is a vicious rumour that one or two of our "more vocal" supporters are going to do a karaoke for charity after the next home match icon_eek.gif.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach846No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39167_1269002951.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39167.jpg

What a game.We were under the cosh for most of the first half so a big well done to the guys for lifting their game in the second (bet they got an earfull from JD )
Atmosphere was fantastic,wonderful rugby,excellent beer, eusa_clap.gif

Been looking at the run in for the league and feel we still have a outside chance to clinch it,as for the rest....

Donny 32 Thunder 0 Thought 50+ from Donny

Hornets 45 Worky 20 Fancied Worky but good for us

Haven 34 South Wales 14 Haven worries me

RankPostsTeam
International Star695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

The support was back yesterday big time. I havent heard that since the Warrington game. Even when we conceded there was noise. I thought both refs made errors but I'm conscious this is a repeated statement. We've just got to get on with it. I didn't see this alleged forward pass but in truth both teams got away with things so three can be no argument in that score. As for pinching it. I'm not convinced. They had us rocking and we did the same in the second half. We've been on the wrong end of those results of late but I felt we were always in the game.

It will be a very interesting game in a few weeks. I'd like to think our defence will be tightened up before then because we cannot afford to let in easy tries. As we know they can play if you let them.

All in all a great result and well done to all. If my post yesterday about the turnstiles was badly timed or came across as having a go or blaming the club I apologise. I just thought it was worth mentioning. I will ask the club about it.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2260No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
928_1530728280.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_928.jpg

Quote: Dominance " If my post yesterday about the turnstiles was badly timed or came across as having a go or blaming the club I apologise. I just thought it was worth mentioning. I will ask the club about it.'"

Apologies to Rob if I've beaten him to posting this , but talking to him this morning I know he's seen your post and is looking at a way around the problem for the next game icon_biggrin.gif

16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.03466796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM