FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Keighley Cougars > Are SKy waking up ?
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
37479.jpg
:37479.jpg

icon_biggrin.gif

Noticed these last few weeks that a number of the SO called SUPER League games involving the best of British Rugby League have been shoved onto the rather unfashionable SKY SPORTS 3.
I think you have to make an effort to actually BUY SKY 1 , 2, as a package ?.
Have SKY noticed a dip in viewing figures ?
Its a bit odd tonight when you look at the opposition programmes on SKY 1 and SKY 2.

If there has been a drop in viewing figures could it be due to their continuous incessent interference with OUR game.
This next few seasons with no movement of clubs is already an absolute disaster vis a Crusaders !!!!.
Also some of the so called RESULTS this year would be open for investigation if this were a Horse Racing situation.
Youd be checking for drugs , pulls ups etc.
Never happened in my days .
Certainly never even considered, mind you, cannot remember much BETTING on the rugby when i played either, summat else id lay at SKYS front door.
Any comments lads or is the topic a bit touchy its only thinking out loud.

Does the RFL get a cut of the Betting revenue like the old Football Pools used to do ?
Its all food for thought, if we dont, why dont we, there is a lot of money in the betting on OUR GAMES.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9721
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg
regards and ENJOY your sport Leaguefan "The Public wants what the Public gets" - Paul Weller:icons077e_files/5885-54zedonite-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Bexsnr "

And I thought I had issues icon_wink.gif

Seriously they are viewpoints which some will agree with and others not. There may a grain of truth or the whole thing part of you vivid imagination.

Whatever, it brings ideas and thoughts into the open and that cannot be a bad thing even though they may be disagreed with.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011Jul 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think to a degree your feelings may be correct. Apart from Hul KR who are doing fantastic this the top few teams will be the same.

So therefore I would not be suprised folk are not watching sky as much its very predictable usually.

The fact there is no relegation in my view demeans the whole ethos of sport. I accept Celtic now they are up there should be given a chance god knows Harlequins had more than enough chances, look at Huddersfield they were bottom for quite a few seasons.

With no relegation there is no incentive for the clubs who wil be near bottom to put in effort at end of season they will still get paid regardless.

So in a nutshell Sky and in turn the rfl have only themselves to blame.

Have a think about Halifax who are far and away the best team curreently outside super league and are trying to get mps involved to get rfl to allow them in super league, whilst I like Halifax and wish them well they like other clubs knew the situation like others regarding a 3 year wait and treading water till then. They should have tried sort this before now.

Rant over.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2256
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44937.jpg
[b:2m0ahbwf][i:2m0ahbwf]@sjdors[/i:2m0ahbwf][/b:2m0ahbwf]:44937.jpg

Quote: girl power "I think to a degree your feelings may be correct. Apart from Hul KR who are doing fantastic this the top few teams will be the same.

So therefore I would not be suprised folk are not watching sky as much its very predictable usually.

The fact there is no relegation in my view demeans the whole ethos of sport. I accept Celtic now they are up there should be given a chance god knows Harlequins had more than enough chances, look at Huddersfield they were bottom for quite a few seasons.

With no relegation there is no incentive for the clubs who wil be near bottom to put in effort at end of season they will still get paid regardless.

So in a nutshell Sky and in turn the rfl have only themselves to blame.

Have a think about Halifax who are far and away the best team curreently outside super league and are trying to get mps involved to get rfl to allow them in super league, whilst I like Halifax and wish them well they like other clubs knew the situation like others regarding a 3 year wait and treading water till then. They should have tried sort this before now.

Rant over.'"

No, no, no, no that was nothing to do with the club I assure you.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1172No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30195.jpg
[size=84:ostxdld0][color=#555555:ostxdld0][b:ostxdld0] Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. [/b:ostxdld0][/color:ostxdld0][/size:ostxdld0]:30195.jpg

Quote: Bexsnr "

I must confess to putting the leicester - london irish match ahead of hull and warri tonight. Maybe people are getting bored of super league. Thank god we can go and watch a real tussle tomorrow. Lets just hope we are at our very best for 80 minutes or swinton will do the double over us.

I know i lost interest in footbal quite some time ago, quite simply as I lost track of when they were playing. I sky / sultana only now keep tuesday and thursday free of premiership matches although champions league and uefa fit in those slots. If you can not follow your team easily then the chances are you won't. SL has gone down a similar route with murrayfield / millenium / manchester magic weekends, then weeks off, then thursday night / friday night etc..

Any way just my two peneth. Roll on a win tomorrow.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach909
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Miss Piggy.gif
Soft, soppy Cougars fan:Black Backgrounds/Miss Piggy.gif

I think the weeks off, as in last weekend was because of the Challenge Cup, which is on BBC

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2260No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
928_1530728280.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_928.jpg

Though to be fair i think it isn't just a problem with Sky , I have setanta at home ,to pick up the Aussie coverage,for the good reason that I can pick up the SL action on the SL show on BBC , (& if I miss it on - BBC iplayer in my own time)

But unless I find some unscruplous streaming sites online I cant access the NRL ,personally I know which I'd rather watch...but Setanta has cut its coverage from 3 to 1 game a week...whats going on ???

The RFL if they really want to sell our game want to get their act together in sorting out,as in the current Setanta problem.Rugby League Coverage on our TV screens ...rl fans will turn away from satallite broadcasts whether it is Sky or Setanta if they feel they are being taken for mugs .. which for wherever the RFL may want to wash their hands of it , the abject failure of setanta to fulfill its obligation to its customers regarding RL ,whether it be the British or Australian game , will sill impact on the game in ths country.

But back to Sky,The Championship coverage is getting soooo boring on a Thursday night,especially if you aren't a fan of Widnes or Leigh.. Barrow second in the table, n the world ignores them..., where apart from our clashes with the Rams are Div 1 clashes ... & other than that ......Widnes are on that much I feel on first name terms with Mark Smith...!
[/code]

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530