FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leigh Leopards > When does the new season start...
22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1467
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13940.gif
:13940.gif

...I'm bored already on Sundays! icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2794No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

January this year i believe.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman696No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1438.jpg
:1438.jpg

Friendly against Salford booked at the LSV for Sunday 27th December according to thishttp://www.leighsportsvillage.co.uk/oneadmin/_files/File/EventsCalendar090928.pdfrl

With this years Wigan friendly being played on Sunday 24th January

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

..... and I'll be standing in the Hilton Park stand, yes that's right I've named the North Stand myself:

I look forward to the Wigan game. I have feeling we'll be more competitive than last season.

As long as we're not nilled again I'm not bothered.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

We,ll thrash em. icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif
:fonds blancs/Sid.gif

I did'nt mind the fact we were nilled ,thought we put up a good fight considering our team plus the atmosphere alone was worth the money, cant wait for part 2 icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach54No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Jan 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

give us a chance to see if any of their youngsters that wigan offer to loan us will be suitable for our needs

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jim E "give us a chance to see if any of their youngsters that wigan offer to loan us will be suitable for our needs'"

if i want to watch wigan fringe players, i'd go to orrell

feeder club footy doesn't sit well with me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1467
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13940.gif
:13940.gif

If we're playing the pies on the 24th then the 1st match will be on the 31st Jan. NR Cup I assume. I believe the season has been brought forward another week. Gradually going back to winter rugby.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

..... and I'll be standing in the Hilton Park stand, yes that's right I've named the North Stand myself:

Quote: joanne callotte "if i want to watch wigan fringe players, i'd go to orrell

feeder club footy doesn't sit well with me.'"

Me either. If I get a sniff of that becoming the norm and the club not moving forward then I'll simply vote with my feet.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

Until we can offer the best local youngsters a good career with the best of facilities (yes like Wigan/Leeds do) then we will always get the 2nd best talent, but chasing the holy grail every year ensures us of never having enough cash to spend on the youngsters, its the old chicken and egg story and as long as the RFL insist on this second class culture and the 'lower' teams stand for it then feeder clubs will become the norm outside of SL and clubs like us will not be allowed or have the facilities/cash/nouse/willingness to be anything else.
Its a mindset that the RFL have perpertrated over the last 14 years, and the 'cash cow' that is the SL clubs get the best and we get the rest.
If it was down to me Id stop chasing the SL dream, enquire about buying something like the Kings Park site and set up a proper academy of Sport move all the operating offices from LSV to there, enquire about football rugby league and union grants even bl**dy tiddleywinks if it would get grant money, and aim to provide the best coaching in partnership with the local amateur clubs in RL soccer (Inc Genesis) and RU that can be got.
It wouldnt go down too well with some as the pro RL club would probably have to tread water for a couple of years but lets be honest thats what we are doing as the 'holy grail' gets farther and farther away, and then when the house of cards thats is SL comes a tumbling down we would be in a great position .
I HAVE A DREAM icon_lol.gif
Yes it would cost a small fortune but thats whats being spent at the moment on the wasting dream that is SL for those of us outside of the 'SELECT FEW'

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Humans, female/FEMALE9.JPG
Never forget were you come from Born and bred in leigh proud to be a leyther Will support you till I die:Humans, female/FEMALE9.JPG

Good post agree 100%

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: FredParky "Until we can offer the best local youngsters a good career with the best of facilities (yes like Wigan/Leeds do) then we will always get the 2nd best talent, but chasing the holy grail every year ensures us of never having enough cash to spend on the youngsters, its the old chicken and egg story and as long as the RFL insist on this second class culture and the 'lower' teams stand for it then feeder clubs will become the norm outside of SL and clubs like us will not be allowed or have the facilities/cash/nouse/willingness to be anything else.
Its a mindset that the RFL have perpertrated over the last 14 years, and the 'cash cow' that is the SL clubs get the best and we get the rest.
If it was down to me Id stop chasing the SL dream, enquire about buying something like the Kings Park site and set up a proper academy of Sport move all the operating offices from LSV to there, enquire about football rugby league and union grants even bl**dy tiddleywinks if it would get grant money, and aim to provide the best coaching in partnership with the local amateur clubs in RL soccer (Inc Genesis) and RU that can be got.
It wouldnt go down too well with some as the pro RL club would probably have to tread water for a couple of years but lets be honest thats what we are doing as the 'holy grail' gets farther and farther away, and then when the house of cards thats is SL comes a tumbling down we would be in a great position .
I HAVE A DREAM
While I agree with what you have put there Fred , it isn't viable at the moment , I'd go the other way , I'd dump all teams except the 1 st team and look to get to the point of break even as quickly as possible , if that means relying on ' cast offs ' then so be it , whatever happens , one thing is certain , we cannot afford both

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Is there any point in producing players at our level ?
forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Is there any point in producing players at our level ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7676
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28343_1268949591.gif
" Time is but a flowing stream". Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973. You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28343.gif

It's a great idea but the one factor that is the major stumbling block is that the young people that will be coming through this type of club will be the ones that aspire to play in the highest leagues and get payed the most. You are never going to suppress the want for success at the highest level and that is SL. I believe that the glut of players that is supposed to be happening this year could be excellent for this league and the championship. I dont think moving from the LSV will be productive. The whole of RL outside of SL need to walk away from the RFL. Thats the only way they will sit down and talk with the lower leagues. A form of industrial action. The first thing I would personally do is make it very difficult for SL clubs to pick up the best young players and if they do make them pay heavy. Get them to produce their own stars of the future. We need to get players to hate SL and want to beat them. I think the only way is to over the years instill in a player that the championship is the league to play in, a bit like we used to do with RL an RU or Pro RL and Barla. If you play SL the life after can only be amature and not in our leagues. They put so many constraints on the lower leagues, why cant we fight back?

22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.32421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
6m
Shareholders Meeting
Khlav Kalash
6m