JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?:icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Well done to all the SL clubs for breaking new records for crowds over the weekend , some pretty impressive attendances............ eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16250
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
953.jpg
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!:953.jpg

icon_lol.gif No spin from anyone yet. Think the torrential rain and gale force winds must have kept people away.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13026
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?:icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Quote: DemonUK "
You make a valid point the high winds stopped myself from putting the washing out, no way would they dry.... icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach229No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

talk about crowds at play offs,what about nrl games over fifty thousand at
broncos v st. george and expecting around eighty thousand at next game in play offs.thats because they arent trying to fast track foreign teams into nrl from outside the bread and butter teams that have been there for years.only four thousand n odd at wakey with the catalan fans arriving in the usual taxi.so rfl look after the teams that have made the great game in england what it is now ie wigan vsaints,leeds v bradford ect instead of the farce thats happening with celtic and others at the expense of the leighs widnes s.keep the heartland of rugby together and lets see fifteen to twenty thousand on a weekend with more of the old derby games i for one know what i would rather watch.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3181_1273144873.jpg
The best road in Wig@n is the one that leads to Leigh !!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3181.jpg

KL there's more than enough of us Leythers and am sure other fans that would agree whole heartedly with your post .

Only trouble is the RFL DON'T want to listen and are NOT listening . icon_eek.gif

Either that or they really are that blind icon_cool.gif to the fact that travelling support from the likes of Catalans and Celtic is only damaging to their opponents as they bring very few fans to away games which = a loss on revenue , when they could be replaced with heartlands clubs who would take way more supporters.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: kiwileyther "talk about crowds at play offs,what about nrl games over fifty thousand at
broncos v st. george and expecting around eighty thousand at next game in play offs.thats because they arent trying to fast track foreign teams into nrl from outside the bread and butter teams that have been there for years.only four thousand n odd at wakey with the catalan fans arriving in the usual taxi.so rfl look after the teams that have made the great game in england what it is now ie wigan vsaints,leeds v bradford ect instead of the farce thats happening with celtic and others at the expense of the leighs widnes s.keep the heartland of rugby together and lets see fifteen to twenty thousand on a weekend with more of the old derby games i for one know what i would rather watch.'"

Seems to me that lots of derbies would hide poor crowds. Surely Wakey etc should be trying to get their own supporters through the gate instead of depending on away support to make the figures look better.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach229No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree that the RFL have one finger in each ear singing lalala icon_rolleyes.gifbut i think there is room for two clubs to join super league providing they meet criteria with finances and ground and also that attendances would increase

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1353No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult”:

Super league is only a couple of years from melt down...what you saw last night was the people who were willing to pay cash to watch...super league as been producing false crowds with free tickets galore for kids and massive season ticket discounts

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: kiwileyther "I agree that the RFL have one finger in each ear singing lalala
But you wouldn't include ourselves as one of those 2 clubs would you ? Hand on heart time - Do you think we have been a successful club outside SL since 2005 ? Lets get that sorted out first.
If there is room for 2 clubs next time it will probably be Widnes and Toulouse. Having watched us in Toulouse there is a lot we can learn from how they do things.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1353No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult”:

LL you really believe in the super league line don't you icon_lol.gif

RL now run a sport that is shrinking year on year with this lets expand nonsense

All the millions that have been pumped into the game over the last god knows how many years and what is there to show for it?

World champions? no

Tri nations champions? no

Ashes? no

own natonal stadium? no

Clubs in new stadia ? no

reduction in foreign players ?no

The money should have been used to stablised the heartland clubs and build them up first,but no we fund foreign players galore...pie in the sky dream clubs...whilst 100 year old clubs are dieing around them

As long as some old time aussie gets his money everything is great,a sport at international thats a joke and cannot fill a 25k stadium without ticket gimmicks....yep great this super league icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1030.gif
[quote="littlerich":1czuya0c]Widnes will be glad to get away from Leigh. They've been regularly pumped, roasted and left in the alley-way by the lobbygobblers. Talk about being bitched - what a torrid time they've had. They'll be looking for some A&E rest time for the next three years at least.[/quote:1czuya0c]:1030.gif

Quote: jesus-is-coming "
The money should have been used to stablised the heartland clubs and build them up first,but no we fund foreign players galore...pie in the sky dream clubs...whilst 100 year old clubs are dieing around them

As long as some old time aussie gets his money everything is great,a sport at international thats a joke and cannot fill a 25k stadium without ticket gimmicks....yep great this super league
The clubs can be blamed for this though. What have they done with the millions given to them by Sky? Piled it all into paying overrated foreigners. There's so much more they could have done with the money to make themselves more sustainable but they haven't. Now, they're so reliant that they'd probably die without the money. There's only really Leeds that have fully utilised the Sky money, and they could probably survive without it thanks to their turnover and their youth system. The rest have pished it up the wall.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sorry jesus-is-coming (never thought I'd ever say that in a sentence icon_lol.gif), but Rome wasn't built in a day. A expanded competition in the long term gives the game a lot more money. Similar to RU and football. Staying the same as previous 100 years (1895-1995) does not get us there. Simple mathematics tell you that having more people playing the game (ie outside the heartlands too) will help make us compete against Aussies. Common sense also says having more competitive nations around us will help our build ups to games against the Aussies - and also boosts the coffers.
But its hard work and takes a long time because we was so far behind to begin with. But the next generations outside the heartlands that are playing and watching the game will thank this generation for doing it.
We had something like 7000 on against Wire at home in SL - on paper it is a good crowd. But I would prefer 5-6000 on against Quins/Celtic etc because it means we had a healthy crowd and virtually 99% Leythers watching us instead of less than 50% like the Wire game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3495No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

LL, just for once, stop being a bloody apologist and repeat after me.

'The Super League play off crowds have been rubbish'.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Alexs Dad "LL, just for once, stop being a bloody apologist and repeat after me.

'The Super League play off crowds have been rubbish'.'"

AD - Where have I defended the crowds ?? icon_rolleyes.gif
The negativity is always one way. You tell me how Wakey having 4000 on against Catalan, is any better than Wakey having 4000 on and a couple of thousand down the road from another club ? Thats the point I am trying to make. If Wakey get 6000 with help of another club down the road it wouldn't have been ridiculed - its short sighted to think derbies solve the worlds problems.
Thats what is funny on this board if you go against the grain and offer debate its not countered with debate but oh you are defending RFL or SL again etc etc. I think I offer reasonable arguments against, as I have above.

Anyway today of all days I am too depressed to carry this on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3495No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Becuase the thread's about SL play off crowds and you're in defending the RFL again. It's a fair assumption.

If they said they were going to make us play with basketballs you'd come up with a reason for defending it.

90 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
90 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

8.40966796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
weaver93
Recent
Saints h
moto748
Recent