JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Browsing across the old interweb last night and stumbled into this.

rlhttp://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id

Now salford star i do take with a pinch of salt usually but its also covered by the BBC so i sense there is something in it

rlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-28872908rl

Got to say although i cant see how we could be held to account for negotiating deals with the council, but certainly it is quite suspect that the guy who gave us a load of taxpayers money quits and is immediately offered a job at our place. Could be construed as a bribe perhaps (though i don't know the legal ins and outs i admit). Any one reckon this could have backlash against the club itself?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I read that with interest until I saw the Garrido womans name at the bottom.

If I were a Turkey I'd vote for Christmas if she was against it - lamentable human being.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

As I posted on Facebook.

Quote: "The loan saved Salford and with saving Salford saved the stadium because without us playing there it wouldn't have been viable and would have gone bump. Meaning all the money the council put into the stadium and Salford in the past few years would have been lost. By giving us this extra loan it guaranteed that we'd be kept afloat, meaning the council will, in the long term get their reward and make a profit through the stadium and through the loans Salford RLFC will pay back. The fact that it ed Karen Garrido off is just a Brucie bonus.

It’s a short term loss for long term gain in the councils eyes.
'"

People can argue that they should have gone about it in the correct and not underhand like they seem to have done, but ah well sh*t happens.

Let’s just for a moment suppose Salford RLFC didn’t received the loan from the council and we went under, then all the previous loans/money they have lent to us/put into the stadium would have been wasted, this way ensured Salford survived and ensured the councils investment was/still is worthwhile.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

It may appear a little unorthodox,but with the 164k stated as being the amount involved by the end of this campaign,it should be remembered that more than that has gone to the stadium company rlHererl

I don't think too much money will be saved by the council/council tax payers if the recommendations incorporated into the report are put into place The authors of the internal report have now recommended that in future, the council’s monitoring officer should be a trained solicitor with no other management posts and for early severance packages to be formally signed. It also urges senior officers sign an agreement, potentially restricting their next employment.[/i

rlSourcerl

Bit of a mess.Should have paid the same service to the Licensing regulations as Castleford did - It ain't dun them no harm !

Seems to me the individuals behind Licensing have now moved on from the RFL and those involved in this stadium at it's beginning have also moved on,leaving other to try and make the best of a bad job.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5986
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66556.jpg

Quote: Red-Devils-PAW "

Bit of a mess.Should have paid the same service to the Licensing regulations as Castleford did - It ain't dun them no harm !

Seems to me the individuals behind Licensing have now moved on from the RFL and those involved in this stadium at it's beginning have also moved on,leaving other to try and make the best of a bad job.'"

Yes, quite right, then your old Club wouldn't have wasted all its own money building a new stadium......you, sorry they, could have then redeveloped The Willows.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman651No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Your in dreamland if you think Leeds and Salford would merge that will never happen:

Quote: Uncle Rico "Yes, quite right, then your old Club wouldn't have wasted all its own money building a new stadium......you, sorry they, could have then redeveloped The Willows.'"

Do you have some sort of alarm going off whenever this topic comes up?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5986
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg

Quote: stouffer "Do you have some sort of alarm going off whenever this topic comes up?'"

Ha ha not really and I did wonder whether to post as 'we' had seemed to be getting along better recently now that things at your end had appeared to have settled down and rugby was the order of the day as far as discussion was concerned.

In the end if true it's not really been that much of a secret, but, thought I'd bite at the previous poster who seemed to be suggesting that you'd be better off at the Willows or if you'd not been forced to comply with licensing whereas Cas the shirkers were successful on the pitch because they hadn't bothered or perhaps I'm having a two plus two equals five moment?

It was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest, I'd learned my lesson last time round that it's not you the fans, you the new club etc etc

BTW on matters Rugby I wish you were more certain of the 8, as it might have meant we had beaten Widnes and Wakefield to give you a leg up

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman651No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Your in dreamland if you think Leeds and Salford would merge that will never happen:

Hah, I may have been being slightly tongue in cheek myself.

(and if we're being honest, if true this sort of shady dealing is pretty indefensible really)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13977_1335458918.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_13977.jpg

Without a tenant there is no income anyway is there?

The real `return` will be next season & beyond - so as Ave It implies maybe the `deal` wasnt too bad after all.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5986
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg

Quote: Early Bath "Without a tenant there is no income anyway is there?

The real `return` will be next season & beyond - so as Ave It implies maybe the `deal` wasnt too bad after all.'"

That may indeed be true EB, but, there is a chicken and egg argument here, without a tenant would there be any need for an income? Also it can't be claimed that it's not been part of some master plan. You could have ridden out the licensing nonsense at The Willows, the City and Peel wouldn't have stumped up the cash for The Sharks surely? I accept that if your new owner was part of the negotiation to move and develop the stadium then no doubt it would have been more successful for all parties.

Hey ho, all things are better with the benefit of hindsight, we are where we are and the mood should be justifiably onwards and upwards as far as rugby is concerned. Despite my record on this subject I'm prepared to move on it's an old story and as long as lessons have been learned.

Truth be known I have more of a problem with the Council, all sides of it including Stewart, Lancaster and Garrido (sp?) than I do with your Club. Of course they should operate with agendas, I'm not fully convinced that they know what their agendas are for any particular length of time and it all seems well a bit amateur really.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford is a Broadway musical You might not believe me but Salford IS a Broadway musical The set is low budget The cast didn't go to RADA The audience don't clap politely like sea lions begging for fish They're Rocky Horror rowdy And the worst reviews come from those who haven't even seen the show.:

When they commence the sale of the land around the stadium (Greene King already signed up) then the Stadium Company will get an enormous return on investment and Ms Garrido will have to find something else to moan about.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator5986
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66556_1331046115.jpg

Quote: Brother Red "When they commence the sale of the land around the stadium (Greene King already signed up) then the Stadium Company will get an enormous return on investment and Ms Garrido will have to find something else to moan about.'"

How will the Stadium Company benefit, surely Peel will be the beneficiaries of any capital receipts from the sale of this land, or do believe that the Stadium Company actually own the pub plot?

You're definitely correct about Mrs Garrido though, I've never heard a good word about anything from her on any subject

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: Brother Red "Ms Garrido will have to find something else to moan about.'"

I'd much prefer to read she has thrown in the towel and she is to become a hermit on Bouvet Island.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford is a Broadway musical You might not believe me but Salford IS a Broadway musical The set is low budget The cast didn't go to RADA The audience don't clap politely like sea lions begging for fish They're Rocky Horror rowdy And the worst reviews come from those who haven't even seen the show.:

My understanding is the immediate surrounding area, 50 acres I believe, is owned by the Stadium Company (are they called Cozcoz?) return is £25m for the public coffers over the next year or two.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

As for Ms Garrido I can only assume she is a closet Cas supporter such is her vitriol on all matters SRD.

17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.115234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent