JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2010Feb 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just wondering if I could count on your help?
Basically I'm a 3rd year student studying Sports Journalism and need help with my final project.
I'm producing a super league preview magazine and am hoping to use Q and As with fans from each club as part of it.
Most on my course are doing generic sports such as football so I'm hoping I can use mine as something a little bit different, using my passion of Rugby League.
I was just wondering if any of you could help answer the following questions:

Name:

1 - How did you rate your side's 2009 performance?
2 - Who are the key players for you?
3 - Young star to watch?
4 - Player you would most like to get rid of?
5 - What is the opinion of Shaun McRae?
6 - Which game are you most looking forward to this year?
7 - Who is your most hated opposition player and why?
8 - Have you been happy with your transfer activity for 2010?
9 - How much will the club miss Richie Myler this season?
10 - Season prediction? eg where will you finish and how do you think you will perform?

Much appreciated guys.
If you want to e-mail me for any queries or even if you want to answer via e-mail, don't hesitate to contact me at gfarrimond@uclan.ac.uk

Thank you very much and good luck in 2010! icon_smile.gif
Just wondering if I could count on your help?
Basically I'm a 3rd year student studying Sports Journalism and need help with my final project.
I'm producing a super league preview magazine and am hoping to use Q and As with fans from each club as part of it.
Most on my course are doing generic sports such as football so I'm hoping I can use mine as something a little bit different, using my passion of Rugby League.
I was just wondering if any of you could help answer the following questions:

Name:

3 - Young star to watch?
10 - Season prediction? eg where will you finish and how do you think you will perform?

Much appreciated guys.
If you want to e-mail me for any queries or even if you want to answer via e-mail, don't hesitate to contact me at gfarrimond@uclan.ac.uk

Thank you very much and good luck in 2010! icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach140No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2010Dec 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33040_1269627658.jpg
If you build it they will come!! [size=85][/size]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33040.jpg

1. Position as expected but with some great wins along the way especially at Leeds & against Saints at home. Huddersfiled away was also a quality result.

2. Ratchford & Cashmere, hopefully Holdsworth will be a good signing.

3. Ratchford & Adamson

4. Cant afford to get rid of any of them!! nobody i dislike in the team tbh.

5. Still dont know tbh, dont think many coaches could do differently with our playing squad and budget but then again this is a squad which he has brough together so.......... Jury's out (still!)

6. Warrington away bank holiday friday, we'll take a pasting but icon_cheers.gif icon_biggrin.gifRUNK: icon_biggrin.gifRUNK: icon_biggrin.gifRUNK:

7. Andy Coley- great servant, great player one of the best forwards i've seen at Salford- let himself down badly in his last season and lost all respect i had for him. Dont blame him for leaving, just the manner in which he left was unacceptable

8. With the backline yes, made some cracking signings- were short of an experienced forward though.

9. Not at all- he'll look like a world beater at Wire with their pack but dont see how he'd make any difference to our season

10. 12th above Quins & Crusaders - pretty much same as last year we'll take a few hidings but surprise a few along the way.

Hope this helps kidda icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2178No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7833_1305068283.jpg
Bring Back The BIFF ! (Britain & Ireland Frack Free):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7833.jpg

The good bad and the ugly

Cashmere and Ratchford
3 - Young star to watch?
Adamsom
None , start of a new season
We saw glimpes of what the team could do last season under Shaun McRae, expectations higher this season.

6 Which game are you most looking forward to this year?
Warrington away and hopefully Batley away in the cup

Old one , TOA Kohe-Love for his natural talent of decapitating opposing
players
We have what we can afford.
He`s history, time to move on
I`ll settle for winning more games than we did last year, performance wise , time will tell.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1647No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38205_1297001224.jpg
Big Pev is my Hero:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38205.jpg

Name:

1 - How did you rate your side's 2009 performance? - As i expected really
2 - Who are the key players for you? - Cashmere/Ratchford
3 - Young star to watch? - Jack spencer
4 - Player you would most like to get rid of? - the Horse
5 - What is the opinion of Shaun McRae? - un repeatable but trying his best i suppose
6 - Which game are you most looking forward to this year? - challenge cup final
7 - Who is your most hated opposition player and why? - Shaun Edwards, due to that silly little nod that he used to do when he scored
8 - Have you been happy with your transfer activity for 2010?- no but due to finance it will have to do
9 - How much will the club miss Richie Myler this season? - Hopefully not
10 - Season prediction? eg where will you finish and how do you think you will perform? - 3 above bottom

How much do i get paid now. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1211No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29584.gif
:DANCE: [size=150:3h65lekd][color=red:3h65lekd]The Eric Shaw Prediction League NL1 and NRC Champion 2008[/color:3h65lekd][/size:3h65lekd] :DANCE: [b:3h65lekd][color=red:3h65lekd]SALFORD TILL I DIE[/color:3h65lekd][/b:3h65lekd] [size=150:3h65lekd][b:3h65lekd]SALFORD RUGBY WILL NEVER DIE[/b:3h65lekd][/size:3h65lekd]:29584.gif

Name:

1 - How did you rate your side's 2009 performance? - did what was expected of us
2 - Who are the key players for you? Ratchford, Cashmere, Holdsworth
3 - Young star to watch? Ratchford, Adamson
4 - Player you would most like to get rid of? none at the moment but if jeremy smith carrys on like last season well it wold be him, but gotta give him a chance first
5 - What is the opinion of Shaun McRae? not done much in the superleague with us really, too expensive to get rid off
6 - Which game are you most looking forward to this year? Wire at Murrayfield
7 - Who is your most hated opposition player and why? Keith Senior, the guy is just a wa***r
8 - Have you been happy with your transfer activity for 2010? Some decent young British Signings and holdsworth looks very good, but could have done with a big name signing
9 - How much will the club miss Richie Myler this season? not at all, weve got ratchford who in my opinion will turn out the better player
10 - Season prediction? eg where will you finish and how do you think you will perform? i think we will finish higher than last season but a top 8 finsih looks unlikely, although you never no

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach580No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011May 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39828.jpg
:39828.jpg

Name: Matt Smith

Better than expected! Along with all the hidings there were some great results, Leeds away the obvious highlight. Some of the youngsters really came of age and showed their undoubted potential and overall we finished where expected.

Apart from hugely talented youngsters like Adamson & Ratchford (who are both full England Internationals in the making) I'm expecting big things from our Aussie imports. Cashmere showed enough last year to suggest he'll be even better with a years SL experience behind him and from what I've seen of Houldsworth in pre-season I reckon he could be one of our best ever imports. We really need the pack to fire though this year as without the forward momentum our (arguably improved) back-line will be unable to show their potential.

3 - Young star to watch?
Can I have Ratchford & Adamson? Both fantastic talents and we need to keep hold of them to progress. TBH, I can't remember the last time we had so much young "potential" in the squad. If half of the youngsters turn into good SL players we could have a pretty handy team in 4/5 years.

Very harsh question eusa_naughty.gif I'm not one for slagging off my own players but ask me again in a couple of months and I'll probably have a couple of names for you icon_wink.gif icon_lol.gif

If you ask most fans they'll probably say he's a waste of space, poor tactics etc. However, we've got to be realistic. We don't have money to throw around like W*re, Leeds etc so we've got to strengthen slowly but surely. If I would have one criticism it would be about the style of play. I'd rather see us lose with style than lose by playing one man rugby!

Any that we win! It's a double-edged sword this one. I hate W*re with a passion so it's always good to get one over on them. However, with the squad they're putting together we may struggle to get anything off them this year. I'll say W*re away and Les Cats away purely for the fact that although we'll likely get stuffed twice they'll be mighty fine p*ss-ups icon_biggrin.gifRUNK: icon_lol.gif

Tough one. I used to have a long list, Skerrett & Nickle were certainly near the top! I'd have to go with Senior though becasue let's face it he's a right........... (* deleted for legal reasons icon_wink.gif )

Again, ask me mid-season and you might get a different response. On our budget, I don't think we can argue with the players we've brought in. Houldsworth could be a massive influence and some of the British youngsters we're giving 2nd chances to may turn out to be master strokes. I'd rather take a punt on young Leeds/Saints cast-offs than p*ss money up the wall on overpaid Aussies.

He's a quality player and any Salford fan that says differently is one-eyed and bitter. I was gutted to see him go but money talks so we've just got to move on. Potentially, Salford could've had the future England HB pairing with him and Stef and he could've been part of the most important era in the club's history. If he runs us ragged when we play W*re I'd be gutted, but that's sods law I'm afraid. But teams like Salford have to be just that a "team." Back in 05-06 we reached the play-offs due to a fantastic squad effort and although I think we may just unearth a couple of gems this year it'll be a real 1-17 squad effort that defines our season.

12th/13th. The Crusaders should be propping up the table but there's always someone else who unexpectedly struggles and hopefully it won't be us! No doubt we'll give the fans some massive highs and suicide-inducing lows along the way as that is what being a Salford fan is all about! If we can compete on a regular basis and we see the stadium issue turn into bricks and mortar then I'll be happy.

I do like to drone on every now and again so if you're still awake after all that best of luck with your research. icon_lol.gif

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.08203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wolves again
Deadcowboys1
Recent
Accounts
the fax in a
FORUM