Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35138.jpg
Fat people are harder to kidnap.:35138.jpg

Quote: tad rhino "anyone know why carvell didn''t play/ big loss imo for cas. his know how and experience would have been crucial'"

I think he was 18th man and would have got a run out if Huby had been declared unfit. A mistake IMO, Carvell would have offered more than an obviously well below par Huby did.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: chapylad "Yes good post Zimmerman and some good points put in there.
As I said previously maybe it was OTT to say people should be ashamed of themselves for touting Clark as MOS.
I was eluding to the fact that for me JP should walk it this year with no real opposition to take it away from him this time like they did before.
I also stated that Clark is the best hooker in SL which should go some way into proving I have every respect for the player and would be the icing on the cake if we had him.
Maybe your coach got his tactics wrong on Saturday and should have spared Clark so he could get the impact he needs.
I was amazed he took Sneyd off but must have had his reasons for that too.
So to recap Clark is pure class and is a joy to watch, And JP for MOS
Friends now?'"

Of course friends. As already said JP should be a shoo in. Another of your players who I honestly think would have been in with a real shout, had he not missed half of the season is Robbie Burrow. I have not seen as much of him as you lot, but what I have he has looked excellent. I too was surprised Sneyd was taken off early. I did hear yesterday though that the big match had got to him, and that he had not slept all week and that he was sick before the game. Don't know how true this is, but if it is so, it may explain the decision to remove him.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7159
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Burrow for me blows hot and cold.
Inspirational at times but too many times too predictable.
Tends to run sideways and sniffles the centre or winger.
Sometimes it looks like the rest of the team have no idea if he is going to pass the ball or go himself.
For me Hardaker has stood out and would be in with a shout for young player of the year but his discipline has let him down.
I'm sure Sneyd will learn from the experience unfortunately that's going to be with Hull.

Also think like what's been said previously that Carvell should have got the nod over Hubby. But can understand Huby's desire to play.
See you in the GF hopefully mate.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10530
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Jun 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18919_1341147656.jpg
[quote="King Monkey":30st820n]Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good. At least he'd lose his virginity.[/quote:30st820n]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18919.jpg

Burrow in many ways is criminally underrated. Arguably, he's the most dangerous player in the league, and has always seemed to perform when it truely matters. Also, in many ways he'll be the most difficult player to replace of the 'holy trinity'. The speed, footwork, skill, toughness and unpredictability he posses is so rair that it'll probably be years before we produce another player like him.

He's also developed into a fine hooker since he's moved to that position after receiving a lot of stick from fans who assummed because he didn't look like a hooker he couldn't be successful there.

He's a Leeds and British RL legend whom will be sorely missed when he retire.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5526
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

1 Warrington 2 Hull 3 Wigan 4 Castleford 4 Castleford 5 St Helens 6 Leeds 7 Catalans 8 Hudedersfield 9 Widnes 10 Wakefield 11 Salford 12 Leigh Playoffs:Warrington Hull Wigan Castleford Four sides rejoining: Widnes Wakefield Salford Leigh GF Winners Warrington CC Winners Wigan:

I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking when I first saw him & DM together in the academy that he just wouldn't be big enough to withstand the rigours of superleague.
Boy, how wrong was I?
It's incredible how he gets whacked time & time again but just bounces back up like a rubber ball to tackle virtually anything that runs at him.
He is a legend.
One of the many in our current team.
Such a treat & a privilege to have been there to watch them & revel in their success over the past 10/12 years or so.

RankPostsTeam
International Star220No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64951_1350404685.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64951.jpg

Charlie Sheen says "He's also developed into a fine hooker since he's moved to that position after receiving a lot of stick from fans who assummed because he didn't look like a hooker he couldn't be successful there."

Could someone tell me why the player in the middle of the front row is called a HOOKER??? and what a HOOKER should look like??? and what they actually 'hook?'

And I'm not talking about a lady of the night!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Old Feller "I'm sure that I'm not alone in thinking when I first saw him & DM together in the academy that he just wouldn't be big enough to withstand the rigours of superleague.
Boy, how wrong was I?
It's incredible how he gets whacked time & time again but just bounces back up like a rubber ball to tackle virtually anything that runs at him.
He is a legend.
One of the many in our current team.
Such a treat & a privilege to have been there to watch them & revel in their success over the past 10/12 years or so.'"

When he didn't last long in the 2003 CC Final after taking a blow to the head I was thinking it was going to be a common theme for him but barring one or two moments (Anthony Watmough running over him like a train) it's incredible how little time he's missed throughout his career up until the collarbone injury this year. Considering his size arguably the toughest guy in the squad. For all the great tries he's scored and created, my favourite Burrow moment has to be when he squared up to Lauaki, brilliant bottle from the guy.

DHM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8893
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25511_1478008518.jpg
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_25511.jpg

The issue with him playing "hooker" has been that he doesn't defend in the hooking channel and we effectively sacrifice a tough forward presence which generally is made up for by Sinfield. His play from dummy half suffers because his pass is less than ideal and he has not the stregth to force his way over from dummy half near the line (at least twice on Saturday someone like McShane could have been over from dummy half where Burrow was clobbered and made zero inches). In those respects he dosen't fit the role. The bonus is his ability to brilliantly exploit a retreating defence or poor effort at marker and to play the full 80 minutes by simply switching to a half back role when a reserve hooker like Aiton comes on. When that happens he can roam the field and cause problems anywhere. BMD originally used him off the bench in the dummy half role to exploit tired big forwards at critical moments in the game. I guess with Aiton missing so much time recently he decided to start with Burrow and it was the right choice IMO. We won a lot of collisions and Rob showed how easy he can make the game look when the forwards are on the front foot at the PTB.

As a player over the years he has done it all. MOS in a test series against NZ must be one of the highlights for him, but I will simply never forget the try he scored against Saints in the 2011GF. Unbelievable.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach19234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35376_1277564281.gif
[img:35s0tdes]http://i84.servimg.com/u/f84/12/34/74/45/lr200913.gif[/img:35s0tdes]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35376.gif

x2 DHM.
Printer-RE squaring up to Luaki did you not see him put Thackery on his arris then deliver a few haymakers when we played Hull?
It was brilliant JT was totally stunned a moment never to forget and imo he is THE TOUGHEST player in the SL era.

69 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
69 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.267578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
5m
York City Knights home
altofts wild
12m