FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leeds Rhinos > When is enough really enough?
96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain13No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: huddersfield rhino "Last night I watch Downfall for those who have not seen it, its a German film about the last few days in Berlin in 1945, the actor who played Hitler reminded me so much of McDermott on Thursday evening coming out with daft statements and not be able to see the reality of the situation. Brian do the decent thing,'"

Loving the Downfall reference, I defended Mac last year, through the crap, thinking it has to get better, but he deffo needs to go now. We should be 0-4, can't score at all, defence has completely given up, it's like we've had no off season to prepare. Even with the injuries, I've never been more disgusted with a performance from Leeds.

A few on here are mentioning Cleary as a possible replacement, very unlikely to happen because 1) I'm not sure GH will give Mac the boot 2) His time with a young, injury hit squad at Penrith means his reputation in NRL is intact (he's always a favourite to replace the next sacked coach).

New to the forum by the way, hi to everybody

RankPostsTeam
International Star11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection." 23/08/2014:

Quote: Emagdnim13 "I think this is in reference to the question I asked. Still awaiting an answer.

I am not trying to get involved in what is clearly ongoing disagreement but genuinely wanted to know where the line was for him regarding the coaching position and how long he should be given.'"

I don't think mid season sacking is worth it unless you have the guy you're going to go with for the next couple of years comes in straight away.

I see a few guys mentioned as potential replacements who haven't even held a top job in NRL or SL. Any potential new head coach I think should have that experience for THIS particular club at THIS particular time.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain13No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think they all look bloody disinterested except for Keinhorst, Moon and possibly Lilley. I know what your saying about Briscoe, I just happen to think Handley is average at best (I hope he gets better with age).

People are talking about getting Robinson and Maguire, never gonna come, they've established themselves in Oz as successful coaches. I've mentioned about Cleary in another thread, can't see him coming either. Also mentioned is walker bros at Jets, they run a successful business besides rugby, so offer would have to be significant. Although Toovey at Bradford was a massive surprise so I could be wrong.

Can't we swap with Josh Walters for Toovey

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2135
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74125_1470762689.jpg
"Blasphemy is a victimless crime":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74125.jpg

Quote: ThePrinter "I don't think mid season sacking is worth it unless you have the guy you're going to go with for the next couple of years comes in straight away.

I see a few guys mentioned as potential replacements who haven't even held a top job in NRL or SL. Any potential new head coach I think should have that experience for THIS particular club at THIS particular time.'"

The problem there is that everyone has to get a experience somehow,so it's unfair to turn down a promising individual because they haven't had a big job previously.

With waiting for the end of the season if no big name comes along in GH price bracket you could be looking at wuppings from all the big sides, narrow losses to those in the middle and another relegation fight..two seasons running. How many players will want to re sign contracts ? How attractive will be to the players we badly need to sign?.

Last year can be wrote off due to the many catalogued injuries and unfortunate circumstances, made worse by not replacing the qualities lost with Sinfield .
This year has no excuses, not for pre season, not for being unaware of the deficiencies in the team and certainly not for persisting with bizarre bench use or having no structure ,plan or discernible tactics.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18060No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: loiner81 "Nope, that's not actually what he disputed and you know it, don't you? If not then you need to stop blindly believing the 2 biggest liars on the board Tad. It's not a good look for you.

Speaking of which... Sal, you never responded to rlthis postrl where you were once again shown up to be a bare faced liar. I'm just posting the link for you in case you missed it as you seemed to disappear very quickly after I posted it. The season's barely 3-4 weeks old and you're already been caught out at least 3 times. Sad really but it's nothing new.
Grow up you sound like a five year old - the quote I posted was from you or are you denying that too - in that quote you do what you always do keep all options open - so if Leeds win you go I said "strange things can happen" if Leeds lose "I think Cas will be too strong"? so which is it or is that a lie too? and that post superseded all the other posts so a normal human who take that as an update on your view. Not you!!

I don't disappear - I just can't be bothered replying to every idiotic rant of yours - you are child having a tantrum, most children grow out of by the time they are 3/4 but not you icon_biggrin.gif it would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3479
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11388_1517050763.jpg
[quote="Gotcha in 2016":12w08s93]McDermott is going. I actually think he is more relaxed because of it, and seems to have let the shackles go. He apparently asked to finish the season, and that is what they agreed.[/quote:12w08s93] :lol: :lol: :lol::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11388.jpg

Quote: Pants on Fire "Grow up you sound like a five year old - the quote I posted was from you or are you denying that too - in that quote you do what you always do keep all options open - so if Leeds win you go I said "strange things can happen" if Leeds lose "I think Cas will be too strong"? so which is it or is that a lie too? and that post superseded all the other posts so a normal human who take that as an update on your view. Not you!!

'"

The only things i'm denying is that I said we'd be competitive or sneak a win. That's because I never said either and that's why i'm calling you a liar, again.

And no, I didn't keep any options open. I said if the injured/doubtful players made it, we'd win. That's not keeping my options open, that's me predicting that if those players made it we'd win.
Once the squad was announced and it was confirmed that all those players were definitely out I then posted in 2 threads...

Prediction #1
Stranger things have happened but I think Cas will be too fired up tonight and should be too strong.
(i've highlighted 3 words there to help you as you seem to be struggling with this one)

Prediction #2
in the predictions thread, that you never post on for some reason.
CAS 16
which means i'm predicting a Cas win by 16 points.

So that's 2 FIRM predictions. No keeping any options open and no mention of Leeds sneaking any wins.
It's really not that complicated, ask your great great grand kids to explain it if you're struggling but have your afternoon nap first.

Where's your pre-game predictions by the way? And why don't you post on the predictions thread?

96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
96 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1865234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
6m