FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull KR > Does Minns think were mugs???
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
RankPostsTeam
International Star66No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Animal.gif
:White Backgrounds/Animal.gif

Sick of hearing rubbish about how Minns was in a bad place. He said he took the stuff on mothers day because he was upset about his mam which I don't doubt as ive lost both my parents so I get how he feels. But the worst thing and this is what I detest is that he used mothers day as an excuse which gets to me big style. Edit, MR, potential libel. Now I'm hearing from some one who sponsored us and a player that he will get 6 months because of compassionate grounds. I'm honest in that I hope he never plays for us again. A lot of fans agree and disagree, but what is funny is that if he played especially for Edit, MR, excessively aggressive insult. you would all want him to have a life ban.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Cocaine metabolites detectable several weeks after being taken ,so Minns story plausible.
Not condoning and acknowledge he's a professional sportsman but he's a 23 year old whose good at rugby not necessarily at making sensible decisions off the field ? I still don't and I'm over 60

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain383No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Hull KR the pride of East Hull.:

No.
No matter who he played for it think that a 2 year ban is appropriate.
Having lost my mom 2 years ago, I understand what he's going through. And he has my sympathies. Never having taken drugs I can't say if it works. But if I'm honest, mothers day isn't the worst day. His birthday, her birthday and days when he hears/sees a song/tv/films that reminds him of her.
Hopefully he'll have learned his lesson.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: No7.David.Bishop " you would all want him to have a life ban.'"

I admit i’d likely be a bit more cynical about his defence. But anything more than two years would clearly be unjust, based on previous cases. As would, at the other end of the spectrum, the 6 months you mention.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Historically we ( RL) don't have a great record regards substance misuse (alcohol in particular) my generation almost boastful of players whose consumption was legendary
without acknowledging the long long term effects of alcohol had on these individuals? Perhaps if we should be less ready to condem and more prepared to address the wider issues through education/support etc.The 'State of mind' initituative a great example of how the sport can address a previously taboo subject what's RL doing re substance abuse?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain10No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: No7.David.Bishop "Sick of hearing rubbish about how Minns was in a bad place. He said he took the stuff on mothers day because he was upset about his mam which I don't doubt as ive lost both my parents so I get how he feels. But the worst thing and this is what I detest is that he used mothers day as an excuse which gets to me big style. Edit, MR, potential libel. Now I'm hearing from some one who sponsored us and a player that he will get 6 months because of compassionate grounds. I'm honest in that I hope he never plays for us again. A lot of fans agree and disagree, but what is funny is that if he played especially for Edit, MR, excessively aggressive insult. you would all want him to have a life ban.'"

sick of hearing rubbish were from i have not heard that much ? ime sorry but i think he will learn his lesson he's done wrong and knows that i hope he comes back stronger do you think the wigan fans will be bothered about hardaker ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain979
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Treble99 "sick of hearing rubbish were from i have not heard that much ? ime sorry but i think he will learn his lesson he's done wrong and knows that i hope he comes back stronger do you think the wigan fans will be bothered about hardaker ?'"

Yes some Wigan fans will be bothered about hardaker most will not but that does not mean he should be back playing neither should minns

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

When considering bans I assume the RFL differentiate between drugs used recreationally and those used solely for performance enhancing ( e.g Anabolic steroids) as well as previous history and mitigation ,to suggest a (23 year old) 1st time positive should receive a life ban for recreational use? seems excessive

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

If he has any sense he'll use any excuse he can to get a lighter ban I don't really believe his excuse but understand why he's using it as for the opening poster I remember the real David Bishop and believe me he definitely wasn't an angel away from the field far from it

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12625
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Kenty "When considering bans I assume the RFL differentiate between drugs used recreationally and those used solely for performance enhancing ( e.g Anabolic steroids) as well as previous history and mitigation ,to suggest a (23 year old) 1st time positive should receive a life ban for recreational use? seems excessive'"

I can't speak for Someday, but some people think illegal drug use of any sort is very wrong, and believe harsher punishments are appropriate.

Based on precedent, which seems fairest to me, 2 years or (like Hardaker) a little less is what he'll get. UKAD obviously can't go around significantly changing tariffs retrospectively - although, I suppose you can argue that they're showing some flexibility in cases like Hardaker's.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

I agree he should have a 2 year ban and it should be a standard ban for anyone found abusing drugs.

Having said that if we signed Hardaker next year I'd be delighted and would stand by the give the guy a chance in a better environment, he needs a change of scenery and he's learned his lesson rubbish all RL fans trot out when there team signs a bloke whos done wrong but he's really good at rugby. Saying that I'd rather have Barba, apparently saints recruitment is great for getting him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20187.jpg
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.:20187.jpg

Now that a precedent has been set with Hardaker for a reduced ban I hope and expect Minns will be treated similarly leniently.

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.353515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
4m
Play-offs
Deeeekos
4m