Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38546.gif
What immortal hand or eye, Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?:38546.gif

After weeks of defending Morgan I finally believe that it's time to go.
His favouritism has become too extreme. When you think back it has always been around, right back to the days of Dwayne Barker. Now with his persistence with people who are clearly way out of form he is damaging the team.
I'm not part of the "Matt Cook is the messiah" group but refusing to play him tonight when it was perfect for him to play he was yet again left in the stands. Constantly leaving the likes of Cook and Hall out is not only damaging their careers but also the chances that they'll do a job for us.
I appreciate what Morgs has done and I'd be the first to shake his hand and thank him for all he has done for rovers but it's time to go.
All good things come to an end and I think now is the right time.

RankPostsTeam
International Star22No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

sounds like morgan prefer the auzzies over english player, the english players seem to put miles more effort in the the aussies like newton who morgans seems to prefer even though hes been crap all season , i think cook shud play as he puts more passion in then the likes of newton nd the other aussies

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12260
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33934.gif
BLACK AND WHITES East is East,West is West, and never the twain shall meet. -------------------------------- "I" said the sparrow "With my bow and arrow.":33934.gif

Quote: EL CAMO "After weeks of defending Morgan I finally believe that it's time to go.
His favouritism has become too extreme. When you think back it has always been around, right back to the days of Dwayne Barker. Now with his persistence with people who are clearly way out of form he is damaging the team.
I'm not part of the "Matt Cook is the messiah" group but refusing to play him tonight when it was perfect for him to play he was yet again left in the stands. Constantly leaving the likes of Cook and Hall out is not only damaging their careers but also the chances that they'll do a job for us.
I appreciate what Morgs has done and I'd be the first to shake his hand and thank him for all he has done for rovers but it's time to go.
All good things come to an end and I think now is the right time.'"

Out of interest,why did he sign Hall just to have him sidelined?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38546.gif

Quote: barton baird "Out of interest,why did he sign Hall just to have him sidelined?'"

The story goes that Hall came as back cover but told Morgan he didn't want to be utility, he wanted to nail down a centre spot. Poor choice as we have two very good centres at the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star22No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Out of interest,why did he sign Hall just to have him sidelined?

i think hall was more of hudgells signing tbh

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2022Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5529-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg
:icons42da_files/5529-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg

Upon morgan signing hally he told him he would not play him in other positions unlike agar did,but when foxxy goes who knows he does well at winger aswell with pace to spare..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2490
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bigcjlchris "Upon morgan signing hally he told him he would not play him in other positions unlike agar did,but when foxxy goes who knows he does well at winger aswell with pace to spare..'"

I thought Hall had picked up an injury in training (reported on local BBC) or he would have played. I still dont see what Cook has done to be left out would get in in place of Vella for me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38546.gif

Quote: Beverley red "I thought Hall had picked up an injury in training (reported on local BBC) or he would have played. I still dont see what Cook has done to be left out would get in in place of Vella for me.'"

Hall played for the twenties. FWIW I'd have gone with 1. Welham 2. Fox 3. Hall 4. Webster 5. Latus.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

Quote: EL CAMO "Hall played for the twenties. FWIW I'd have gone with 1. Welham 2. Fox 3. Hall 4. Webster 5. Latus.'"

If he had the cries of derision at not playing Sheriff, moving our best centre etc would have been deafening.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38546.gif

Quote: barham red "If he had the cries of derision at not playing Sheriff, moving our best centre etc would have been deafening.'"

But for the good of the team that would have been the best option. Sheriff was not ready to be thrown in in such a big game and Welham would have been solid.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach460No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46343_1394123827.jpg
'Its like the jungle out there, only the strong survive and the weak get killed off and that's whats happened in Hull. They'll run to the end of the season then that's it, they'll be gone, there will be no more Hull Kingston Rovers there's no room for them.' Tim Wilby, 1997. Screw you Tim.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46343.jpg

Quote: EL CAMO "But for the good of the team that would have been the best option. Sheriff was not ready to be thrown in in such a big game and Welham would have been solid.'"

In hindsight its easy to say that he wasnt ready after he struggled, but nobody would be saying that had he played a blinder. We have been criticised for not playing young players and whatnot, I think playing the 2nd choice fullback was the right decision rather than square pegs in round holes so to speak (Welham). Its the same when Dobbo was injured, playing Murrell there rather than giving Bell a go. Everyone has their own opinions and i respect yours, just different views on the game

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4022No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

We're coming to make some noise!:

I honestly think most clubs of our skill level have tick boxes at the start of the season with teams they think they will win or lose or 50/50. Huddersfield having been our bogey team for the past few years will have had a big fat red cross in it and a game where we could probably play a couple of youngsters with the weeks break coming up to give the slightly injured players a few weeks to recover.

While it is a shame to lose what we have to take heart from is that we were in the game for 65mins with a real chance of winning it at certain points throughout the game. What I think hurt us was the fact Welham was playing on one leg for a lot of the game, Murrell was injured going in to the game (Which begs the question why not play Lovegrove or Cook?) and we just didn't have enough SL match fit players out there to do the job for 80mins.

As for Morgan prefering his Aussies, didn't we have 8 Hull lads in the side? Or something like that? We deffinately had 10 English players out there. I think that dismisses that comment for this game really.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2011Nov 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38908.gif
:38908.gif

So why pick MURRELL then, another one of his favourites if he wasnt fit? Newton has not had a good game IMO since he came back from injury and looks knackered. Fox didnt look the least little bit interested his attitude when he tried to chase the Hudds player was appauling he gave the chase up after 10yds. What did Netherton do not a lot. I think he should bring Watts back into the pack and start with Cook put Newton on the bench and leave Murrell out he is very poor.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

Quote: Robintillidie "So why pick MURRELL then, another one of his favourites if he wasnt fit? Newton has not had a good game IMO since he came back from injury and looks knackered. Fox didnt look the least little bit interested his attitude when he tried to chase the Hudds player was appauling he gave the chase up after 10yds. What did Netherton do not a lot. I think he should bring Watts back into the pack and start with Cook put Newton on the bench and leave Murrell out he is very poor.'"

We get the same old same old every week, slag off Murrell and Neth, Cooks a better player than Newton etc. whilst ignoring the facts. newton had a pretty good game and was one of our better players for a large chunk of the match. Netherton did what Netherton does, was solid, ran the ball in pretty well and stood up well in defence.
Blake Green had a shocker in the kicking dept, Dobson was average at best, dire if we're honest, so should they be now dropped.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38546.gif

Quote: HKR Smithy "In hindsight its easy to say that he wasnt ready after he struggled, but nobody would be saying that had he played a blinder. We have been criticised for not playing young players and whatnot, I think playing the 2nd choice fullback was the right decision rather than square pegs in round holes so to speak (Welham). Its the same when Dobbo was injured, playing Murrell there rather than giving Bell a go. Everyone has their own opinions and i respect yours, just different views on the game'"

I just don't see that Huddersfield away is a good time for youngsters to come in, they are a big, physical team and I just think he was alwYs going to be left exposed. I'm not trying to sound wise after the event but I think it was fairly clear Louis was going to be hung out to dry a bit.
I hope the damage is limited to the loss though andh asnt damaged his confidence too badly.

16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.5166015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
5m