JoinedServiceReputation
May 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sandro II Terrorista "You know what, I started about four or five posts that i edited and reviewed and changed MR.

I comedically blame Mike for everything but Neil is ultimately responsible, but we owe him everything for actually having a club and a team to still support, believe in and flow through our blood.

It's easy for me to stand on the sidelines, on the terraces and criticise.'"

You’ve awoken Tarquinius

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30596_1286642206.jpg
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Frederick Douglas:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30596.jpg

Quote: Tarquin Fuego "Where’s the Smiff tears of joy ?
Players still drunk on the cheap Sangria given to them by Hudge on the 48 hour coach journey home
I backed London -2 so I’m having a beautiful meal tonight with the winnings on the river front in Melbourne

Salford will hammer you next week and London will see off Trinity
The master stroke of Smiff appointment will have worked out so well'"

What's on the menu?

RankPostsTeam
International Star2489
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thought the two game ending injuries cost you in the end although Bronco's looked more enthusiastic with their kick chase than you did.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain801No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!:

Players still drunk on the cheap Sangria given to them by Hudge on the 48 hour coach journey home
I backed London -2 so I’m having a beautiful meal tonight with the winnings on the river front in Melbourne

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif lying is a form of inadequacy,, we may well get beat at salford but wakey will save our bacon ,look forward to radford out coming next year

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12641
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Sandro II Terrorista "You know what, I started about four or five posts that i edited and reviewed and changed MR.

I comedically blame Mike for everything but Neil is ultimately responsible, but we owe him everything for actually having a club and a team to still support, believe in and flow through our blood.

It's easy for me to stand on the sidelines, on the terraces and criticise.'"

Yeah, that’s the thing innit? I think it has worn him down, and he looked to hand over the reins about 6 years ago in fairness. you can’t question his commitment or intentions and even if some of the decision making can be, the calamities cost him more than the rest of us. With the appointment of Tony Smith long-term and John Bastian, i’d like to think he’s got a second wind maybe. I’d love for us to have a little bit of relative success for him (and us icon_smile.gif )in the next few years.

Note to my earlier post, any win at Salford will definitely be enough for us. I’ve started thinking about circumstances in which two teams in one of the final matches might both benefit from a manufactured draw, which is a sure sign I need to go kip.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain376No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: rover 2000 "icon_lol.gif Take it from a wakey fan we aint good enough to save your bacon i
m just hoping catalans or salford save ours

RankPostsTeam
International Star3064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We stopped trying to win that game after about 65 minutes and just tried to see it out, instead of trying to see them off with another try we just kept giving them the ball back thanks to our pathetic kicking game.
The team lacks leadership and brains IMO. i hope we stay up but looking at the players were linked with it'll only be more of the same next year if we do.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain684No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/a27.gif
:Others/a27.gif

Back to your sewer rodent.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain134No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Dec 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bishops finger "We stopped trying to win that game after about 65 minutes and just tried to see it out, instead of trying to see them off with another try we just kept giving them the ball back thanks to our pathetic kicking game.
The team lacks leadership and brains IMO. i hope we stay up but looking at the players were linked with it'll only be more of the same next year if we do.'"

Could not agree more my friend, that is why some of my rovers mates think I am mad at the fact I fear survival more than relegation as I am tired of being uncompetitive and would love a return to what is a very balanced and competitive division, notwithstanding Toronto who hopefully will join a resilient London, in the super league, I relish trips on Sunday afternoons to Leigh,Widnes,Halifax,Bradford, bring it on for me and I will be the first person at the club shop a week on Monday to buy a season pass if we get relegated. I would then like to see the club play the likes of Mikey Lewis ,jez Litten, Will Oakes, Will dagger , give British talent a go.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Simple fact..This team collectively is not good enough. That is why we are were we are. Game management is excruciatingly poor. If it had been anywhere near average this season we would be a few points(and safe)better off.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12641
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Old Timer No 4 "Simple fact..This team collectively is not good enough. That is why we are were we are. Game management is excruciatingly poor. If it had been anywhere near average this season we would be a few points(and safe)better off.'"

I largely agree. If we do go down, we’ll have the best record of any relegated team in the SL era, I think. Which’d be typically Rovers and scant consolation.

Part of us not being good enough, is that to get a win takes a bigger physical and mental effort than it does for better teams and I think that is why we’re so up and down this year.

I know Smith, like our other recent coaches, likes to ‘play some footy’ - and that would normally appeal to me. I also know fans can quickly tire of ‘5 drives and a kick’. However, I would like us to go a bit more grit and grind now. I think we need that mentality rebuilding, and I don’t think we have enough talent for expansive, expressive play to be our most effective option week in, week out.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6674
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76734.jpeg

Quote: Mild Rover "I largely agree. If we do go down, we’ll have the best record of any relegated team in the SL era, I think. Which’d be typically Rovers and scant consolation.

Part of us not being good enough, is that to get a win takes a bigger physical and mental effort than it does for better teams and I think that is why we’re so up and down this year.

I know Smith, like our other recent coaches, likes to ‘play some footy’ - and that would normally appeal to me. I also know fans can quickly tire of ‘5 drives and a kick’. However, I would like us to go a bit more grit and grind now. I think we need that mentality rebuilding, and I don’t think we have enough talent for expansive, expressive play to be our most effective option week in, week out.'"

So instead of pontificating, on this occasion, get thee sen to Salford, and cheer them on.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I watched it back this morning and it was painful watching, no brains, no kicking game, no leadership, no game management.
London we all know arent the best squad of players but what they have is the right attitude and if your not at 100% your in trouble as we've found out twice now. SL this year has shown me that you only have to have an off day and you've lost, Wakey at home a prime example. What im getting at is given the position we are in the league we should be going out with the same attitude as London and giving 100% for 80 minutes, but there's no middle ground with us unfortunatly, were either really good or were terrible and weve been terrible far to often.
I really hope we stay up, the club needs to be in SL too, we need a coach that can inject some mental toughness IMO, i think TS is the right man and i think we'll win at Salford too.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bishops finger "I watched it back this morning and it was painful watching, no brains, no kicking game, no leadership, no game management.
London we all know arent the best squad of players but what they have is the right attitude and if your not at 100% your in trouble as we've found out twice now. SL this year has shown me that you only have to have an off day and you've lost, Wakey at home a prime example. What im getting at is given the position we are in the league we should be going out with the same attitude as London and giving 100% for 80 minutes, but there's no middle ground with us unfortunatly, were either really good or were terrible and weve been terrible far to often.
I really hope we stay up, the club needs to be in SL too, we need a coach that can inject some mental toughness IMO, i think TS is the right man and i think we'll win at Salford too.'"

Agree with all of that except I fear for us at Salford. Yes, we could win, but the mental side of the team seems as fragile as glass. The lack of a vociferous and demanding leader is plain to see,we seem out enthused too often and the kicking game is very hit and miss, and in what I would call "big" games against teams around us, it,s been poor to bad. Hence defeats which may send us down. Whatever happens on Friday, next year will be a different squad, but fear it will be in the Championship. I just hope I am wrong.
I really think London will turn over Wakefield, Think they will out enthuse Wakey they just don,t lie down and credit to them for that. That said 4 points virtually given to them by Saints. Can,t blame Saints for doing what they did, just wish they had done it for us. It does create an imbalance in the placings though, and this time at our expense.
Yes, I,m having a right moan, but I am totally fed up with them for repeatedly letting down the fans who keep turning up, and it hurts.
It is only a game, and on Friday(I can,t go on Friday)I will hope lady luck is on our side for a change, it,s time she was, and that the team turns up and does what is vital and win.If not we all know the consequences.
Engage brains boys and flaming well win.You are capable, just do it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Spegsdrinkingbuddy "Do you think it’s possible that it is a curse on the club ala Hulls wembley hoodoo, you may laugh but too many coincidences for me to think otherwise, we will possibly get through the curse like Hulls Wembley one but when?'"

That'll be 100 years til the curse is lifted then

43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.56884765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
8m
Decision on the field
Trainman
16m