Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44235.jpg
:44235.jpg

Dave T, I know this is a very long shot but do you know if there will be any tickets on sale for neutrals for your CC semi at the Stobart??

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5952No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6580.jpg
:6580.jpg

Quote: Pepe "That would depend on your definition of I'm not saying anybody deserves to be knocked back, but the RFL have given your club enough tickets to cover your regular fans. No doubt you will quote the couple of games over 5k again, yet you don't quote the low attendances you have had this year. I saw one that was less then 2k not so long ago, although that one may have been wrong.

Quote: Pepe "
They could’ve done this whole thing differently and given priority to the fans of the finalists and still allocated tickets for the x9’s competition. '"
They have done exactly that. How do you know how many they have held back for the 9's? You don't. For all we know, the sponsorship deal with Northern Rail and Co-Op as well as other partners may mean that a good portion of tickets not allocated to the clubs have been taken up.

I’ve never agued any different. My argument has always been that some fans will miss out needlessly. Even though it’s a minority, it still seems wrong to me. The main attraction is the NRC final, not the x9’s. That should mean all the fan’s of the two teams competing in it get priority imo. '"
So you are acknowledging that there may only be a few fans who are upset by this (although they could ring the RFL and get tickets) yet you are kicking off saying the RFL are incompetent. What the RFL have done here is to create a demand for tickets. It would be very interesting to know what the waiting list is at Widnes for these. I suspect not very high.

Of course the main attraction is the NRC, however this has never been a big enough attraction in the past to sell the game out, so the RFL have taken action to sell this out, and you claim they are crap.

I’ve no idea how you can know just how many x9’s tickets have been,or will be, upgraded. The fact they can’t even give a figure of how many are likely to be available on the day, means the RFL probably don’t know either. It’s not a good position for any fan to be in, having to travel all the way to Blackpool without even knowing if they’ll be able to get a ticket, or which part of the ground they will be sat. '"
Why would anybody travel to Blackpool, when the same press release said they can ring the RFL as they have some left?

Of course the RFL can't say how many will be available at the time, as that depends on quite a few things.

You have an average crowd of 3,700ish, and have slightly more tickets than that already sold. Widnes fans who do not have a ticket can call the RFL and get one. What exactly is the issue?

Just imagine if you were a football fan where finals don't even cater for their season ticket holders!

I know it just looks as though I am disagreeing with everything you say, but that is not the case. As I said, I understand the frustration, although I don;t actually see any evidence that there are hundreds of people who can;t get a ticket (as they are still on general sale), but I do appreciate that your club could probably sell another 1k if you were given them.

For me, there are two important things here.

1) Sell the game out - it looks like for the first time this will happen, despite the fact that Widnes have played there before and apparently taken 5k, it never sold out. Cas and Hull KR have also played in this game and not managed to sell it out.

2) Ensure 'regular' fans get a ticket - by this I mean fans who make the effort to go regularly. Season ticket holders will have theirs and the regular fans will have theirs. Forget the silly argument about the 5k that turned up for the free game against Gateshead. I can counter that with the sub-2k crowd against York (if that figure is correct from your website). The fact is that for a lot of standard games, you will get around 3.2k fans and these will all be going, if they want to.

If this game sells out (indications are that it probably will) then would you still argue that the RFL are incompetent?

Their job is to sell the event out. When you took 5k it didn't sell out, so if they can give you 1300 tickets less and still sell it out, would you still claim they are $hite? Remember, this isn;t all about what suits you and your fans, this is about the game as a whole.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Dave T "
Quote: Dave T "I'm not saying anybody deserves to be knocked back, but the RFL have given your club enough tickets to cover your regular fans. No doubt you will quote the couple of games over 5k again, yet you don't quote the low attendances you have had this year. I saw one that was less then 2k not so long ago, although that one may have been wrong.

They have done exactly that. How do you know how many they have held back for the 9's? You don't. For all we know, the sponsorship deal with Northern Rail and Co-Op as well as other partners may mean that a good portion of tickets not allocated to the clubs have been taken up.

So you are acknowledging that there may only be a few fans who are upset by this (although they could ring the RFL and get tickets) yet you are kicking off saying the RFL are incompetent. What the RFL have done here is to create a demand for tickets. It would be very interesting to know what the waiting list is at Widnes for these. I suspect not very high.

Of course the main attraction is the NRC, however this has never been a big enough attraction in the past to sell the game out, so the RFL have taken action to sell this out, and you claim they are crap.

Why would anybody travel to Blackpool, when the same press release said they can ring the RFL as they have some left?

Of course the RFL can't say how many will be available at the time, as that depends on quite a few things.

You have an average crowd of 3,700ish, and have slightly more tickets than that already sold. Widnes fans who do not have a ticket can call the RFL and get one. What exactly is the issue?

Just imagine if you were a football fan where finals don't even cater for their season ticket holders!

I know it just looks as though I am disagreeing with everything you say, but that is not the case. As I said, I understand the frustration, although I don;t actually see any evidence that there are hundreds of people who can;t get a ticket (as they are still on general sale), but I do appreciate that your club could probably sell another 1k if you were given them.

For me, there are two important things here.

1) Sell the game out - it looks like for the first time this will happen, despite the fact that Widnes have played there before and apparently taken 5k, it never sold out. Cas and Hull KR have also played in this game and not managed to sell it out.

2) Ensure 'regular' fans get a ticket - by this I mean fans who make the effort to go regularly. Season ticket holders will have theirs and the regular fans will have theirs. Forget the silly argument about the 5k that turned up for the free game against Gateshead. I can counter that with the sub-2k crowd against York (if that figure is correct from your website). The fact is that for a lot of standard games, you will get around 3.2k fans and these will all be going, if they want to.

If this game sells out (indications are that it probably will) then would you still argue that the RFL are incompetent?

Their job is to sell the event out. When you took 5k it didn't sell out, so if they can give you 1300 tickets less and still sell it out, would you still claim they are $hite? Remember, this isn;t all about what suits you and your fans, this is about the game as a whole.[/quote]'"
'"

The NRC is much more important than it has ever been before

Or I'll rephrase that , WINNING the NRC is much more important than ever before

In the same way as just getting to the GF will be much more important than it has ever been before , in effect making the semi final more important than the final

Yes it will be a day out in Blackpool [ I'd spend the day there if you paid me ] but the most important part to both clubs will be ' ticking the box ' , not actually getting the silver

I have noticed you have avoided answering how you think the SL clubs would react to a competition like the 9 's if they were told to attend with 1 st team squads

And guess what , we dont give a stuff about the ' game as a whole ' , just as neither do you

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5870No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24307.jpg
[img:24qn1m99]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/DrGomez/Replacementbanner.jpg?t=1284815933[/img:24qn1m99] On thread drift: [quote="tb":24qn1m99]Tough. Conversations develop. It's their nature.[/quote:24qn1m99] Little Pepe went to nursery school one day wearing his Widnes hat. His teacher asked him why he was a Widnes fan. He said, “Because my parents are.” His teacher said, “That’s not good. What would you do if your parents were drug dealers and hookers?” He replied, “Well then I would be a Warrington fan.” [i:24qn1m99]There's a Wooly over there, baggy kecks and feathered hair with a 3 star jumper half way up his back, that’s a fecking Wooly back![/i:24qn1m99] [b:24qn1m99]Oooh-to… Oooh-to-be… Oooh-to-be-a… WOOLY![/b:24qn1m99]:24307.jpg

Quote: Dave T "I'm not saying anybody deserves to be knocked back, but the RFL have given your club enough tickets to cover your regular fans. No doubt you will quote the couple of games over 5k again, yet you don't quote the low attendances you have had this year. I saw one that was less then 2k not so long ago, although that one may have been wrong. '"

Yes you are, and have repeatedly icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5952No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6580.jpg
:6580.jpg

As I have already told you Widnes have been unable to get tickets directly from the RFL for the final. Apparently they had sold out all the tickets that were not made available to the two finalists.
I think I said about four posts ago that that would be my last post, so this on definitely is icon_smile.gif

We obviously don;t agree on this, which is fine, and it is what these boards are about, anyway enjoy your final, despite being a Wire fan, I will be supporting you, as I'dlike to see you in SL next time!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5870No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24307.jpg
[img:24qn1m99]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/DrGomez/Replacementbanner.jpg?t=1284815933[/img:24qn1m99] On thread drift: [quote="tb":24qn1m99]Tough. Conversations develop. It's their nature.[/quote:24qn1m99] Little Pepe went to nursery school one day wearing his Widnes hat. His teacher asked him why he was a Widnes fan. He said, “Because my parents are.” His teacher said, “That’s not good. What would you do if your parents were drug dealers and hookers?” He replied, “Well then I would be a Warrington fan.” [i:24qn1m99]There's a Wooly over there, baggy kecks and feathered hair with a 3 star jumper half way up his back, that’s a fecking Wooly back![/i:24qn1m99] [b:24qn1m99]Oooh-to… Oooh-to-be… Oooh-to-be-a… WOOLY![/b:24qn1m99]:24307.jpg

Quote: Dave T "Where have they claimed that they have sold out the tickets other than for the two finalists? If that was the case, the game would be sold out now (bar the 100 or so that Barrow haven;t sold yet). '"

People I know, and fans on the TIW board have stated that, when they phoned the RFL after Widnes qualified for the final, they were told that the tickets were sold out. In fact, I have heard of no one, other than those who bought tickets for the x9’s, who had got Final tickets from the RFL.

Quote: Dave T " Why? As per my previous point about if Gateshead would have played Leigh for example, there would have been a couple of thousand empty seats. For your argument it is unfortunate that two well supported teams have made the final, as i has led to a situation where you can;t have as many tickets as you want. '"

I have explained several times why I think the whole thing is a farce, as well as badly organised, and I have no intention of repeating myself. If you don’t agree with it, you don’t agree with it. It won’t change my stance.

Quote: Dave T " Again, I have never seen them claim they had sold out, and all the other club's websites say you can upgrade your 9's ticket by ringing the RFL. No mention of sold out.'"

Well I have, and that’s why I’m not happy about the way it was organised.

Quote: Dave T " So what if Widnes and Barrow sold every ticket available? Is that fair on fans who want to see their team in the 9's? Surely those fans would be in a worse position than you are now. Whether you like it or not, this is now a triple header. Call it anothing event all you want, you don;t actually know yet, It may turn out to be a hugely enjoyable event, and a permanent fixture each year, and one that helps the Finals day sell out. '"

Nonsense, the x9’s is nothing more than warm up game for the final that has been put in place with the sole purpose of attracting a few more species to the game. It is nothing like the Grand Finals, where there is a vitally important aspect in winning the game. I very much doubt it would mean a great deal for the fans of the x9’s tournament, if they missed out. The importance of this game to Barrow and Widnes could be immeasurable for their long term futures, and being there means a lot more than watching a meaningless x9’s tournament that no one particularly wants, including most of the clubs and players. You really couldn’t be more wrong if you tried.

Quote: Dave T " Not when they have a stadium available to them which has a limited capacity. After this year this should never be an issue, but with a 9,600 capacity they need to be careful. They will have based tickets on things like average attendances and ST holders. '"

If they base cup final attendance figures merely on average attendances and ST holders, then the RFL deserve all the criticism they get. Finals will always attract more fans from the clubs contesting them. Not only does it provide a better atmosphere, but it also gives those clubs a chance to expand their fan base and develop. This must surely be a major factor in reaching a final and also an incentive? To deny the finalists this opportunity is, in its self, disgraceful imo.

Quote: Dave T " Competing clubs include the 4 9's finalists, whether you like it or not. The RFL are doing exactly what you suggest in point 1. '"

This is the Northern Rail Cup final. If the x9’s was an important stand alone final, it would have it’s own day in it’s own stadium, or a bigger stadium would be used to accommodate all of the fans, no matter which clubs qualify.

Quote: Dave T " Why? Just because it doesn't suit you this year? '"

Nope. It makes no odds to me, but clubs who have to take part in it that are fighting for top 6 places and against relegation, would disagree. It’s a stupid idea to hold, what amounts to a friendly competition, mid season. Try answering Starbugs question, instead of telling us how wonderful and important YOU think it is.

Do you think they would do such a thing in SL?

How would they react to a competition like the 9 's if they were told to attend with 1 st team squads?

There'd be f*cking murder, and you know there would.

Quote: Dave T " This shows that you have a chip on your shoulder then about the RFL. If they sell this event out, they have made a good decision. '"

Make no bones about it; I despise them with every fibre of my being but, if I thought this was a good idea, I’d grudgingly say so. I think this could’ve been handled much better.

Quote: Dave T " Fair enough, your opinion.'"

And that’s all I’ve ever expressed it as.

Quote: Dave T " We obviously don;t agree on this, which is fine, and it is what these boards are about, anyway enjoy your final, despite being a Wire fan, I will be supporting you, as I'dlike to see you in SL next time!'"

Well at least we can agree on summat. icon_smile.gif

Cheers! icon_thumb.gif

103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0048828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC