JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I’d like to know peoples thoughts on fans cancelling their Direct debits etc. For me, it’s poor form despite what the club are delivering.

Fans who pay upfront can’t ask for a refund and the way I see it is you commit your DD for the season. If we’re crap don’t renew next year but you’ve committed for the season.

It’s also a double edged sword, if we walk away now the club has less money and recruits on the cheap. If we bite the bullet and support the club can splash some cash.

Pearson is obviously trying to balance the books post Covid and by all accounts it’ll be positive be viewing this year… finally.

Hopefully that signals a return to pre 2020 where we ran some of the most expensive squads in the league and weren’t afraid to go big. This time with TS in charge and an academy to be proud of.

Anybody actually willing to commit some actual information about these potential investments or just remain cryptic. From my experience those ‘in the know’ who aren’t willing to say what they’ve apparently been told are clueless and have usually read the information in the pub or on a Facebook page.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2049No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

When you get two days off a week, inflation is 10%, and wages aren't keeping pace with it, I don't begrudge fans deciding not to turn up to games. Why bother planning your weekends around the hull game, only for the day to be wasted when they serve up rubbish like that. At the end of the day, the club are a business, and people have a right to vote with their feet "in any kind of weather" is a marketing technique the club can use to guilt trip you into attending despite the product being awful and not worth your time

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Well I'm not on Facebook, but I'm pretty clueless and I was in the pub last night so I guess I'm qualified to reply.

What I do know is that the Government is about to start requiring the repayments of a substantial Covid loan we took out to get through those two traumatic years. This will be a substantial drain on our revenue budget and cause us major issues cash flow wise. The club are currently attempting by meeting the government to re-phase the loan repayments but the situation is not good. I also know that any thoughts that the next balance sheet out turn is going to be favourable is wide of the mark we might be on a more even keel but that's all. On the bright side we have more sponsors and sponsorship income than we have ever had as a club and a lot of hard work by Clark and Co has put us in that position.

I also know that although there have been encouraging soundings no talks have as yet taken place with the football Club over our stadium Lease which is up for review in 2027. In short we are in a hole and it's only thanks to Adam that we are still afloat. We should support him all we can and It's quite ironic really that the number of Dobbins fans coming out of the woodwork to attend what looks to be one of the most one sided Derby games for years are actually providing our club with a financial boost. I also know that all clubs are mindful of the fact that the IMG out turn coming when it does deems avoiding the drop this year as critical, as the team that does go down could well be sunk.

On the sticking with you club stuff well for many reading this however bad things are and we have seen a worse times than these (but I accepts that compared with the 70's and 90's the stakes are so much higher now) we just stand by our club because you can't go anywhere else. Rugby League is a community sport and unlike Football where the pub is bursting with lifelong Man U and Liverpool supporters who have never been anywhere near Anfield and Old Trafford, we support our local family team and do it through thick and thin (and as of now extremely thin). So the club does need us to hold the line if we can, although I totally accept that for some economic difficulties do come into play and its not realistic to expect fans to not put food on the table to spend £150 plus to take the family to Warrington or £80 a month for season passes to see that garbage served up.

But sport is subjective and if you feel so aggrieved that you want to stop paying your direct debit for any other reason than your current economic state then so be it. Im lucky I can afford it but Ive paid my direct debit for the last three years and yet ( due to none rugby circumstances) only been able to attend a handful of games, but I do it because I love the club and after my family and my own well being are catered for they are my next and first priority's for they were my granddads club, my dad club and they are my children's club too. That's just the way it is, fool that I am, but I guess what I'm trying to say is we are in a hole on the field which only exasibates the hole we are in off it, for it's a self perpetuating situation. Crowds go down income goes down the clubs debts go up!

As someone said on here we have a great coach a great academy a loyal owner and many hard working staff but unfortunately for now despite a fabulous training set up where we have some brilliant players (when they want to be) who get everything they need they re still woeful out on the field. they have all they need including for many the ability to be so much better. they deserve a wake up call but withdrawing your support might damage them in the short term but in the long term it could render us all having no club to support.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7277
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

Great read

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

I've written 2023 off, I expected an up and down year but its been worse than expected. How good our recruitment is for 2024 is key to whether I renew next year or not, its been a long time since ive felt consistently entertained going to the MKM and the atmospehee is poor. I dont mind losing tight games where the fans have been singing away but 50 point defeats where everyone is sat moaning and booing is another thing.

Im also personally at my limit for the 'back the club in these hard times' rhetoric, the club didnt have to spunk its highest salary ever on a past it with a bad reputation Josh Reynolds as just one example of financial stupidity in recent times.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8077.jpg
Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.:8077.jpg

Problem with AP he can say what he wants in the public domain but he's turned down investment(MKM) into the club as he wants full control.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I usually pay in full but decided this year to flip to the DD, no regrets there. FC is part of my DNA and will remain so as long as I breath. no-one has a devine right for success, yes the fans deserve better, but it looks like we are going to have to suck it up this year and hope for better times ahead under TS. I have spoken to AP on a number of occasions including before the Leigh game, he is desperate for success, without him we are a middling championship team at best. I personally believe things will improve after the 1st May contract decisions and we will fair better in the second half of the season. In the long term the academy will be our saviour.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4887
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28490_1361478234.jpg
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28490.jpg

Having served my apprenticeship as a young boy on the Gordon Street terracing in the 40's I have followed this club continually apart from a period when I was working away from the city. I'll be there on Friday and every home game thereafter. I don't travel to away matches any longer but have done my stint at Barley Mow, Clarence Street etc. Like everyone else I'm not enjoying this year but as long as they do their best they'll have my support. Its up to the players now.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8077.jpg
Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.:8077.jpg

Well said lads

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player733No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think one thing for sure with this club is that there will always be a strong core of supporters who will back this side till death. This club has given me some of the best days of my life and have made lifelong friends along the way, does it hurt seeing a squad that clearly doesn't show the same love to the badge as much as we do? Absolutely. But that will never deter us. We are in a dark patch, certainly the darkest I can recall, however I was way too young to appreciate the hardships of the 90s.

It's hard, I have walked away from a few games in recent years thinking 'is it worth it?' but of course it is, simply could not imagine not going to the match, home or away. Patience is wearing thin with some and its completely understandable but we are needed more than ever. We will laugh at this rough patch in a few years time when Tony has taken us to Old Trafford icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It’s difficult when going through this periods of thinking what’s the point, but I think you’d be surprised by how much it’s ingrained in everyone of us. I remember walking out of craven park the day we got relegated with all manner of thoughts and it affected me for a while, but tried to remember it’s just a game but certainly feels more. The reaction of our fans was unreal, and if the worst happened to FC (which it won’t) then I’d expect a similar response. Hull folk, it’s in our blood and this city the sport is in our blood. Supporting when things are good is easy, but both teams support excels when things aren’t.

Sport is cyclical, some longer than others but you’ve got to temper the bad with some contextual understanding, which is difficult when serving up poor performances. But seeing your mates, going with family, belting out your club song is almost who we are. Yes you could save money but to do what sit on the tele and listen to how awful everything is on the news with a takeaway. It’s not just the team but you’re supporting the community, the relationships and the people. I understand some peoples situations are difficult and not one size fits all but for me is probably why we turn up week in week out and frankly I wouldn’t have it any other way, as I’m sure many on here agree and so would my FC supporting mates.

Plus if worst case does happen Batley is a beautiful part of the world for a visit icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4567No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13804.jpg
"I hope we get to the bottom of the answer":13804.jpg

Well said.

I went to Rochdale for a CC game once and came off the M62 too early (my directions were a post-it stuck to the dash back then), had a beautiful drive on the back roads so there is always that to look forward to! icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Not thinking about relegation too deeply just yet but it can also be a new opportunity for the club, as all playing contracts are null and void and we can start again. The IMG points lost for say having a 9th placed average finish to say a 12th placed one following relegaton isnt that much either. The league finishes will drag down our score even if we stay up.

The big question would be the ground rent and how many of our costs are fixed and how many only apply if crowds are above a certain level. I seem to recall years ago it was sold to us if crowds were below approx 7.5k then the stadium is fairly cheap to play at as we get free stewarding etc, its only when crowds are above that where additional income is shared. But without seeing this mysterious lease who knows.

I also think most fans and sponsors would back us in the Championship, if youve been loyal enough to sit through the last few seasons and didnt request a Covid refund you are pretty loyal to the cause already.

But anyway we are going to beat Rovers and go on an impressive run (oops ive left the gas on icon_smile.gif )

RankPostsTeam
International Star2338
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Quote: UllFC "Not thinking about relegation too deeply just yet but it can also be a new opportunity for the club, as all playing contracts are null and void and we can start again. The IMG points lost for say having a 9th placed average finish to say a 12th placed one following relegaton isnt that much either. The league finishes will drag down our score even if we stay up.

The big question would be the ground rent and how many of our costs are fixed and how many only apply if crowds are above a certain level. I seem to recall years ago it was sold to us if crowds were below approx 7.5k then the stadium is fairly cheap to play at as we get free stewarding etc, its only when crowds are above that where additional income is shared. But without seeing this mysterious lease who knows.

I also think most fans and sponsors would back us in the Championship, if youve been loyal enough to sit through the last few seasons and didnt request a Covid refund you are pretty loyal to the cause already.

But anyway we are going to beat Rovers and go on an impressive run (oops ive left the gas on Nitrous Oxide icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2049No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

The away days in the championship are probably better than the ones in super league.... Toulouse, London, York, Newcastle, Sheffield...every cloud!

152 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
152 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.23974609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
18m
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
18m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
38m
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
53m
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
Recent
Planning for next season
LeythIg
Recent
Batley Bulldogs H
Trojan Horse
Recent
Salford - Away
The games af
Recent
Leeds
the-bearded-
Recent
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
54s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
55s
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
1m
Murphy on his way then
PopTart
2m
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
2m
Olly Russell 4 year deal
newgroundb4w
2m
Squad 2024
faxcar
2m
Planning for next season
LeythIg
3m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
tad rhino
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,042 ↓-9980,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10