JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I was re-reading 'the dentist's diary' after looking for more info on the Eva Hardaker memorial trophy, but this extract from no.425 made me think about what has happened since Pearson took over and the vision/master plan he had for the youngsters/academy set-up and the club.

"What a night it was again for the FC youngsters in the England Academy, after what turned out to be a famous victory at Leigh on Friday.

Come on guys admit it, at such a quiet time, how good was it to read of the success of our lads in that two game series? With all three playing really well and Abdull kicking the goals, they all got on the score sheet as they starred in what was hailed as ‘an historic victory’. In addition Callum Lancaster played in the first game and back home Harry Tyson –Wilson is tearing it up in training as it appears he is already looked upon as the ’first reserve’ half back behind Pryce and Sneyd.

But most importantly for me, this also provided the average FC fan with a first indication that all the investment and faith Pearson has put into developing the young players at the Club is paying off. Two years ago he went on and on about how good our 16 and 17 year olds were going to be and there is little doubt that he has been proved right. Yes, they all have a lot of work to do and the leap to the first team is still a big one to make, but we should all be very proud of our lads and Adam should, for once, get a feeling that it’s at last starting to come together as his youth development master plan of 2012 appears to be coming good."

how many from the 2012/13/14 seasons of 16/17 year old have made any impact or got into the first team proper?
JA on and off after a season at the dobbins, was reportedly on his way back there before his injury. Turgut last year as a stop gap for injuries but is out of favour. Lancaster and Logan again only due to injuries and that started back in 2014, Lancaster is gone, Logan gets a shout when we are down to bare bones, Tyson-Wilson's are gone, James Cunningham not given a decent go and was announced in the England knights side earlier this season, Jack Downs doesn't seem to be anywhere near good/big enough for the role he's meant to be playing, Litten might well be good enough for SL but is shunned by Radford to shoehorn other players in the side. Any others from that period?
Brad Fash this season is really the only one to make any impact whatsoever or any period since Radford took over.

Before Pearson came along Crooks, Lineham, Shaul, Green, Bowden came through the academy at some point and have either made a big impression, cemented a first XVII spot or made a lot of appearances (and moved on to other clubs). There doesn't seem to be a good return from those years of the junior ranks from the 2012-14 16/17 year olds aside from Fash to "come good".

What has happened that the investment has not paid dividends, that the well has all but dried up of top talent coming through particularly from that period that Wilf raved about?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16500_1696696672.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16500.jpg

I think what has happened across the squad is that Radford has improved it. Rather than persist with HTW, for example, he went out and got Jake Connor (whom you described at the time as "another lowly clubs cast-off that has no pedigree"icon_wink.gif Today one is on the plane to Denver and one is playing at York. A great example of Radford's judgement IMO.

Not all players go on to fulfil early potential and calls have to be made for the benefit of the squad. Using your investment analogy you need a diverse portfolio and to buy and sell at the right time to manage risk. Some parts of the portfolio and some cohorts will have higher or lower returns vs the cost put in, e.g Kelly's initial low cost deal without a fee.

You call out Ben Crooks who despite having a year in Australia and the tutelage of Powell is now playing in the Championship. Are there a group of top 8 SL clubs circling for Abdull as there were for Bienek? Last week we beat Salford with 10 local players and debuted Harris and Scott at Magic so in the round it can't be said he isn't giving young players opportunities. Radford is getting most things right in terms of squad mix and if Turgut isn't getting a game but Downs/Scott/Logan/Lane are I'd trust his judgement in the context of developing the whole squad and the pecking order. If we can bring another forward in I think the squad Radford has built has great balance.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29554
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

It would be interesting to see any definitive information but it seems to me there are more kids from our youth set up who have come through to the first team under radford than any time since pre SL. If we'd have lost the number of first teamers to injury we have this year in the hetehrington years we'd have been sat at the bottom of the table for sure

Not all young kids make it and it's as much, or maybe even more down to genetics and attitude than it is due to coaching. Radford has plenty of weaknesses but if you're trying to claim youth development as one I think you're flogging another of your dead horses

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "It would be interesting to see any definitive information but it seems to me there are more kids from our youth set up who have come through to the first team under radford than any time since pre SL. If we'd have lost the number of first teamers to injury we have this year in the hetehrington years we'd have been sat at the bottom of the table for sure

Not all young kids make it and it's as much, or maybe even more down to genetics and attitude than it is due to coaching. Radford has plenty of weaknesses but if you're trying to claim youth development as one I think you're flogging another of your dead horses'"

100%
Radford (and the rest of his backroom team) have done more for youth development than anyone I remember. Back to Back CC wins and a lot of progress. As you say, during the Hetherington era we'd be looking at a lot worse league position given our current injury problems. We are seriously missing Sneyd and some size, but not a lot we can do about it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star865
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The OP shows our favourite Radford hater has lost none of his bile during his welcome break. Anyway to look at some of the bilge that he has spouted a 17 year old from the 2014 season would only be 21 now, not a common age for a SL regular in any team. Looking at previous academy representative teams the majority will end up with an unexceptional SL career of a few games and only a few will become club stalwarts, let alone stars, that's just the way it is at any club. Of the Hull ones Lancaster clearly hasn't got the temperement for the game, the Tyson Wilsons haven't been able to step up to the extra physical demands of SL and the others are still at the club. That's without even considering any injury setbacks the players have suffered. It is now make or break time for them - some will kick on others may have gone as far as they are ever going to. Whatever happens next I can't see any obvious faults in the coach not giving them a chance and in most cases the players themselves carelessly harming their prospects with poor attitude. Its a big step from academy to SL, the opponents are bigger, stronger and smarter than anything they have been used to and any weaknesses in their game will be ruthlessly exploited by them. Nowhere in the game do you get a 100% conversion rate from the juniors to the first team so why hold Radford to an impossible standard?

On the contrary Radford has done very well on youth development, the youth scene is much weaker in Hull than Wigan, St Helens and the West Riding and there are 2 clubs competing for a share of this limited pool.

Finally why no mention of Matongo? Its not as if he's small and inconspicuous. Local lad made good, England Knights squad and a better prospect than Fash. Doesn't fit the narrative though does he?

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

… you can knock Lineham off his academy list as well, he was signed from York.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7256No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: knockersbumpMKII "I was re-reading 'the dentist's diary' after looking for more info on the Eva Hardaker memorial trophy, but this extract from no.425 made me think about what has happened since Pearson took over and the vision/master plan he had for the youngsters/academy set-up and the club.

"What a night it was again for the FC youngsters in the England Academy, after what turned out to be a famous victory at Leigh on Friday.

Come on guys admit it, at such a quiet time, how good was it to read of the success of our lads in that two game series? With all three playing really well and Abdull kicking the goals, they all got on the score sheet as they starred in what was hailed as ‘an historic victory’. In addition Callum Lancaster played in the first game and back home Harry Tyson –Wilson is tearing it up in training as it appears he is already looked upon as the ’first reserve’ half back behind Pryce and Sneyd.

But most importantly for me, this also provided the average FC fan with a first indication that all the investment and faith Pearson has put into developing the young players at the Club is paying off. Two years ago he went on and on about how good our 16 and 17 year olds were going to be and there is little doubt that he has been proved right. Yes, they all have a lot of work to do and the leap to the first team is still a big one to make, but we should all be very proud of our lads and Adam should, for once, get a feeling that it’s at last starting to come together as his youth development master plan of 2012 appears to be coming good."

how many from the 2012/13/14 seasons of 16/17 year old have made any impact or got into the first team proper?
JA on and off after a season at the dobbins, was reportedly on his way back there before his injury. Turgut last year as a stop gap for injuries but is out of favour. Lancaster and Logan again only due to injuries and that started back in 2014, Lancaster is gone, Logan gets a shout when we are down to bare bones, Tyson-Wilson's are gone, James Cunningham not given a decent go and was announced in the England knights side earlier this season, Jack Downs doesn't seem to be anywhere near good/big enough for the role he's meant to be playing, Litten might well be good enough for SL but is shunned by Radford to shoehorn other players in the side. Any others from that period?
Brad Fash this season is really the only one to make any impact whatsoever or any period since Radford took over.

Before Pearson came along Crooks, Lineham, Shaul, Green, Bowden came through the academy at some point and have either made a big impression, cemented a first XVII spot or made a lot of appearances (and moved on to other clubs). There doesn't seem to be a good return from those years of the junior ranks from the 2012-14 16/17 year olds aside from Fash to "come good".

What has happened that the investment has not paid dividends, that the well has all but dried up of top talent coming through particularly from that period that Wilf raved about?'"

At that time I seem to remember it was just about all the hope we had how things change eh? icon_cool.gif Let me know if I can help with the Eva Hardaker Cup. I'll have to get a better crystal ball in future! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4682
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

What about all the young players that have come through though? How many young players released by Hull have gone on to tear it up in super league?
If anything, LR has made first team players out of people like Fash and Masi who may not have made it under another regime.
He’s also improved talents like Hakim and Connor.
You can’t keep quoting Ben Crooks. He’s Done nothing of note since leaving, and was lucky to get in the dream team anyway.
What we have employed is a ruthlessness seems at other successful clubs. We used to sign other teams cast offs. We used to take young players from Leeds on loan and help Gary Hetherington develop his academy. Not anymore.
If they don’t make it at hull now, it won’t be that they haven’t been given the correct support or opportunity.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4682
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Plus, don’t forget if it had just been down to Peter Gentle, Shaul would probably have left and Shannon McDonnell signed on an expensive long term deal. Tom Lineham wouldn’t even have been given an opportunity due to us signing Nick Younquest.
Wasn’t it LR who talked him out of both deals?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2208
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39643_1299688438.png
The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39643.png

There have been some pretty moronic posters on RLFans over the years, but none quite so consistently stupid as Bumpy. I'm amazed he can work out how to even make a post, never mind fill it with such nonsense.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner24983No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Biggest positive this season is how well the young kids have done this year, Radford and his team have really brought them on just at the right time. It's amazing how fans who watch a player 5/6 times know when they are ready over a successful, experienced coach who sees them train and play most days.

Also signing young players from the championship despite competition is another boost for the future.

I best if you asked every Hull fan the Moin positive for this year, it would be the progression of the young players for most of them.

Pearson has be to applauded for the money he has invested in the youth set up since his arrival and the way Radford is handling them puts us in a good position in the future.

Well all except one person

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain287No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dave K. "Biggest positive this season is how well the young kids have done this year, Radford and his team have really brought them on just at the right time. It's amazing how fans who watch a player 5/6 times know when they are ready over a successful, experienced coach who sees them train and play most days.

Also signing young players from the championship despite competition is another boost for the future.

I best if you asked every Hull fan the Moin positive for this year, it would be the progression of the young players for most of them.

Pearson has be to applauded for the money he has invested in the youth set up since his arrival and the way Radford is handling them puts us in a good position in the future.

Well all except one person'"

no response from Knocker's again, surprised (not in the slightest)

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4312No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8077.jpg
Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.:8077.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "Biggest positive this season is how well the young kids have done this year, Radford and his team have really brought them on just at the right time. It's amazing how fans who watch a player 5/6 times know when they are ready over a successful, experienced coach who sees them train and play most days.

Well all except one person'"

Agree what Radford is good at is he knows when to give them a breather and a break from the first team, doesn't run them into the ground look at Lane, Downs, Fash and Masi when there form drops a little they are rested.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11182
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: Leigh_Manning "no response from Knocker's again, surprised (not in the slightest)'"

Indeed, I asked him to list all the young players that we failed to develop and have let go that have gone on to improve their careers elsewhere and funnily enough, I've not had a reply.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator7997
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

For crying out loud, anyone with an ounce of sense would look at where we are now compared to 6 years ago and agree that AP with Radford & Motu have done an great job turning round the club to attain silverware and build a genuine contender for success.

Had AP listened to Gentle & not Radford (who fought for them) then Shaul & Lineham would have been gone and two overated Aussies in McDonnell & Youngquest would have been here instead.

Where are all the young players that Hull FC have binned off such as Crooks, Cunningham, Lancaster, Dean and could even add Luke Briscoe to that list? All playing Championship level at best. We lost the likes of Josh Hodgson as at the time we had Swain and Houghton as understudy who can play 80mins. With a tight salary cap we can't keep every player no matter who they are and Hodgson needed to go for his game or just become a bench warmer.
You go on bumpy as if all the juniors are harshly treated and do not get a chance, but the facts are they get given a chance when they are ready not before.
Its also interesting to note that when you look at the top 3 clubs for churning out talent such as Leeds, Wigan & St's none of them have the plethora of talent coming through of late only a small handful of which the best they keep the rest are loaned or allowed to go.

Take Bowden and Green as another pair who since Radford became Head Coach actually developed and improved in a short space of time and have been an important and integral part of the recent success.
As for Jack Logan who has been very unfortunate with injury, however the nature sport meant he got knocked down the pecking order and is rightly behind the like of Connor, Griffin & Carlos but he is still young and part of the club.

Not all young players that show talent fulfill that potential.

No one can be unhappy at the progress that has been made within the club of nurturing home grown players for Hull FC.

41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.7900390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Odsal lease up for sale
Wigan Bull
Recent
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
Recent
Watson toast
Willzay
Recent
have the rules changed
Spookisback
Recent
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
This site is crap
tad rhino
2m
FC v hull kr
Jake the Peg
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
Lewis Murphy
imwakefieldt
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
mwindass
2m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
3m
Arthur In
KaeruJim
3m
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
3m
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
3m
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
Willzay
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
RfE
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
TODAY
Saints h
Zig
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
batleyrhino
TODAY
Arthur In
KaeruJim
TODAY
Wakefield H
Peter Goddar
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
Or thane
TODAY
Academy Internationa
Winslade's O
TODAY
Jamie Humphreys NRL Debut
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
York v Dons Sunday 14th July 2024 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Warrington v Wigan Super League game to take place in Las Ve
Saddened!
TODAY
Las Vegas Official
TF and the w
TODAY
have the rules changed
Spookisback
TODAY
FC v hull kr
Jake the Peg
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,561 ↑9180,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
St.Helens
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
WSL2024
WiganW-St.HelensW
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10