JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well if we had any sense we would have paid whatever it took to get him. Turns a load of players nobody wants into a very side yet again.
Said it for the last couple of years, yet here we are a so called big club relying on an ex player to run the show. Regardless of performance the figures speak for themselves.
Unfortunately we still have those who believe, and while that's noble, it won't stop the crowds dwindling and the frustration in those that don't bury their heads in the sand and keep going.
I'm not sure what AP sees, it is worse than under Agar and that's saying something.
I honestly thought when AP took over that you could see the light. Agar was gone and a new coach installed to steady the rocking ship. While it was no ball, we seemed to be heading in the right direction. While I'm not privileged to know what went on with Gentle sacking, I can't see how anyone could believe that we would be playing this bad for the last season and four games, if Peter was still in charge.
Anyway we should have moved for Powell then, but we didn't, and now I imagine his price would be well out our league.
Thoughts?
Should Lee be given more time in this make or break year for the club, or should we act swiftly and bring in some experience

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5835
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16835_1358246040.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16835.jpg

Get rid immediately but its not going to happen

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12586
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Has anbody considered that half decent coach's within the game maybe need our club like they need a hole in the proverbial head?

Just saying!!!

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach993
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Quote: WIZEB "Has anbody considered that half decent coach's within the game maybe need our club like they need a hole in the proverbial head?
Just saying!!!'"

With every passing year we become a less and less desirable option to take (very high expectations without the structure and resources to deliver). I also wonder what is said off the record on the coach's grapevine in regards to working at our club in regards to the aforementioned expectations & problems.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: BP1 "With every passing year we become a less and less desirable option to take (very high expectations without the structure and resources to deliver). I also wonder what is said off the record on the coach's grapevine in regards to working at our club in regards to the aforementioned expectations & problems.'"

I agree that our club is seen as a poisoned chalice but money still talks and I reckon many coaches (Powell included) would become available if a big cheque was waved at them. Yes it would be yet more outlay for Pearson, but surely its a more worthwhile investment than paying for yet more players and not fixing the bigger issue, the bad coaching.

Also the team can quite easily attract 1,000-2,000 more pay on the day fans when paying well, which at £20 a head (taking concessions in to account) soon adds up, especially with 3 extra home games under the new structure.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12197
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

I think we missed a trick with that one .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club. Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you. "Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005:

So Cas win a game against Wigan and the clamour starts for Powell,nothing was said about him after the 1st 3 games..oh yeah,they lost them.Cas punched way above their weight last season and got found out in the end and now Clark has gone they aren't the team they was.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12197
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

Quote: fc baldy "So Cas win a game against Wigan and the clamour starts for Powell,nothing was said about him after the 1st 3 games..oh yeah,they lost them.Cas punched way above their weight last season and got found out in the end and now Clark has gone they aren't the team they was.'"

I think if you look back a year and even longer throughout the forum you'll see Powell's name mentioned before as someone some fans would have liked to have seen at Hull , Me included at that was when he was still at fev .

RankPostsTeam
International Star285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

He looses many of his best players again, yet manages to turn a squad of cast offs into a competitive side. Our coach has had the luxury of getting rid of those players he didn't like and had the finances to bring in his own players.

RankPostsTeam
International Star174No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What is success ? clearly winning and getting to finals is not or we would not have had Kear, Sharp and Gentle out brigades. Some not all have made this great Club a poisoned chalice and nobody in their right mind would take it on.It seems being a loyal fan is seen as a bad thing.If supporting your Club in any kind of weather(thats a bit ironic we still chant that because clearly it not true when you see "i have burnt my pass" comments)) then I stand by that. Lets face it we have not done any good since the Bunting days but with the talent we had then with the likes of Sterling,Norton ect most coaches would have had some success. No doubt we will get this is Radfords side yes it is 4 games in.I have no doubt if Pearson could go out and get who he wanted he would ,look at how many have turned us down. Take Westerman for example last season he was one of our best players the stats show in Leeds defeat he was one of the better performers and he got slated. Minichello ran his blood to water ..got slated could go on and on and we wonder why players wont come.Remember walking out the ground after the Giants game and fans saying wow how good was that,same with the Warrington game and even the Salford game was not that bad.The leeds game was embarrassing to say the least and any more games like that and there will be changes that i have no doubt and the Radford out brigade will get their wish.Bring in Sheens,Noble and Powell together and this squad will still not reach the grand final.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29512
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Powell was responsible for putting in place a lot of good things at leeds before smith came in. Very good head coach who we have no chance of signing

RankPostsTeam
International Star1362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66735_1606413614.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66735.jpg

Hokeydockey
You really believe that some fans on an internet forum have made this club a poisoned chalice and that perspective coaches or players really give a flying f about opinions on here ?
Now that's deluded.
If this was Radfords first season he would get slack off everyone but it isn't and the same mistakes inconsistent performances and bs excuses are being used.
I would definitely have Powell at our club although not won silverware with Cas they are to be commended for their overall performance and dramatic improvement.
Powell again has had to rebuild this year as usual their best players will get poached more readily but again the sign of a good coach is getting that team to gel and perform as soon as something I think Powell can take credit for.
Our coach with all at his disposal is still failing miserably.
There are no more plausible excuses that can used.
They're 3 coaches in the championship already I'd have over Radford those being Rowley Hay and Cooke. Doubt anyone else would covet our coach.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16970No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: hokeydokey "What is success ? clearly winning and getting to finals is not or we would not have had Kear, Sharp and Gentle out brigades. Some not all have made this great Club a poisoned chalice and nobody in their right mind would take it on.It seems being a loyal fan is seen as a bad thing.If supporting your Club in any kind of weather(thats a bit ironic we still chant that because clearly it not true when you see "i have burnt my pass" comments)) then I stand by that. Lets face it we have not done any good since the Bunting days but with the talent we had then with the likes of Sterling,Norton ect most coaches would have had some success. No doubt we will get this is Radfords side yes it is 4 games in.I have no doubt if Pearson could go out and get who he wanted he would ,look at how many have turned us down. Take Westerman for example last season he was one of our best players the stats show in Leeds defeat he was one of the better performers and he got slated. Minichello ran his blood to water ..got slated could go on and on and we wonder why players wont come.Remember walking out the ground after the Giants game and fans saying wow how good was that,same with the Warrington game and even the Salford game was not that bad.The leeds game was embarrassing to say the least and any more games like that and there will be changes that i have no doubt and the Radford out brigade will get their wish.Bring in Sheens,Noble and Powell together and this squad will still not reach the grand final.'"

Your right Sheens, Noble & Powell wouldent get this team of no hopers to a grand final, but they'd turn the ship around and set it sailing for more promising times and attract better players. Or would you rather we just kept watching the ship sinking like it is and watch gates dwindle and the club have to cut its budget just to stay in business?

RankPostsTeam
International Star198No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fc baldy "So Cas win a game against Wigan and the clamour starts for Powell,nothing was said about him after the 1st 3 games..oh yeah,they lost them.Cas punched way above their weight last season and got found out in the end and now Clark has gone they aren't the team they was.'"

We might have only won 1 game we have the 3rd best points difference in the league with 6 players missing injured but last night we clicked and put the best performance in for years we have the best coaching staff going 3 class half backs when we get our players back you watch us fly up the league.

RankPostsTeam
International Star174No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What do think attracts better players? money nothing else but money if you think its for the coach,why did many leave your best coach in SL ..Powell...... for money

22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
22 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
12m
Round 16 London Home
KaeruJim
19m