JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Hull City and Leeds Rhinos The Pride Of Yorkshire:

Glad to see some fans can see the woods for the trees. Losing the game was because of the RFL's not approaching things properly.
As for games being played, don't forget that the police have the final say on these things. Seeing as last weekend they wanted a dinnertime kick-off for 8,000 fans at Suncthorpe to prevent fans drinking, yet on Tuesday Man Utd and Man city both plaued at the same time at night when fans could ahve been drinking all day and coped with about 80,000 of them I wouldn't rely on anything being arranged without some fuss.

And it isn't OUR ground. It isn't City's. It is the council's. And if they think world cup matches and all the benefits it will bring to the city in terms of investment and publicity are more important than a couple of rugby league games then it is just tough luck.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis83.gif
St Helens and Gateshead fan. You're only called FC, because you know football is far more popular. We'll never be mastered...:disney1/Dis83.gif

Quote: Action Man "In relative terms, yes. Have City won anything since being in the premiership? No, well except for the opportunity to play in the Asia cup. Which required a similar qualification to getting in the SL play offs except at a higher level.

Also, there aren't many fans (of any sport) that use the balance sheet as a measure of success.'"

I didn't use it as a measure of success, more just to highlight the stupidity of the other guys comment. You seem to be trying to add a bit to his stupidity by adding a qualifying point to his post that wasn't there, but makes no difference anyway, unless of course you're just trying to drift the thread off topic to get it locked.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11593
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16831.gif
:16831.gif

Quote: My Uncle Harry " get it locked.'"

wouldn't be a bad thing icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5659
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32444_1318716838.jpg
[quote="Philip Larkin":2lhqd089] There ain’t no music East side of this city That’s mellow like mine is, That’s mellow like mine. [/quote:2lhqd089]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32444.jpg

Quote: My Uncle Harry "I didn't use it as a measure of success, more just to highlight the stupidity of the other guys comment. You seem to be trying to add a bit to his stupidity by adding a qualifying point to his post that wasn't there, but makes no difference anyway, unless of course you're just trying to drift the thread off topic to get it locked.'"

Bit rich.

As this thread is about the imminent departure of your eminent chair, it's your unexpected rants about the imagined hatred you appear to think we harbour for your insignificant team that have caused any diversion.

We aren't bothered about your club. As Duffen is also chair of the SMC we do have an interest in him and his operations which affect our stadium - if his consortium goes bust we are going to speculate on how that could affect us and the future management of the stadium.

In my opinion, that will be for the better - adieu, Mr D.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1819No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34673.gif
:34673.gif

Quote: My Uncle Harry "Okay, if a prize worth a minimum of £60,000,000 is rubbish in your eyes, there's little point me listing the others.
Stoke finished second that season, got promoted and got the prize money, but they didn't get a trophy. I know I'd be more happy as a Stoke fan.

The trophies with any prestige in England are the Premier League, FA Cup and Carling Cup.

Same in English Rugby League, theres the Super League and Challenge Cup.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis83.gif
St Helens and Gateshead fan. You're only called FC, because you know football is far more popular. We'll never be mastered...:disney1/Dis83.gif

Quote: WormInHand "Bit rich.

As this thread is about the imminent departure of your eminent chair, it's your unexpected rants about the imagined hatred you appear to think we harbour for your insignificant team that have caused any diversion.

We aren't bothered about your club. As Duffen is also chair of the SMC we do have an interest in him and his operations which affect our stadium - if his consortium goes bust we are going to speculate on how that could affect us and the future management of the stadium.

In my opinion, that will be for the better - adieu, Mr D.'"

Well, where do I start with that pile of nonsense? icon_lol.gif

I've not ranted and if you read, you'll find I'm not anti-RL and simply responded to some rubbish someone posted. I hope that clears that up for you.

As for the Chairman going, I too have read this rumour but know little more about it. What you seem to be missing is that both Duffen and Pearson served Hull FC well. FC had the opportunity to get on board and chose not to. The RL screwed up the opportunity to have the International here despite the efforts of the SMC. Should the SMC be sold, it'll quite probably be sold 'as is' which would mean you could well have no more input to the SMC than you do now.

Be careful what you wish for, it could just come true.

154 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
154 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.287109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Captain Hook
Recent
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent