Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

Seems Chester blames his middles has being one of his major problems yesterday but this is what I thought i witnessed yesterday

Fifita tried hard,did big minutes. Took ball standing still and was easily nullified by hudds

Green, nothing spectacular but cant remember doing much wrong ,but seemed to have little involvement in anything.

Westerman, started Ok but as game went on went missing a bit,not his usual self.

Arona, blowing out of his back side. Could hardly walk off the pitch at end of stint. Way past it ,stupid re signing

Batty,10 minutes on pitch ,did very little but little opportunity to have any influence.

Batch young slightly built second rower asked to do a job . Did OK ,but Chester doing kid no favours. I bet he looks at his brother with envy and sees how his career is blossoming under a decent coach at a top club. Get out while you can batch,Chester is killing your career.

So Chester had all his chosen middles available to him. I admit they were not impressive at all. However a bit of coaching could change things. But in the end ,they were his chosen players,he signed them and he coaches them. Funny how he never mentions that .

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain15
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Prince Buster " Arona, blowing out of his back side. Could hardly walk off the pitch at end of stint. Way past it ,stupid re signing. '"

Arona stumbled off in the 45th Minute. Thats 5 minutes of work and he was absolutely blowing out of his behind. How desparately unfit are some of these players?!

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player879No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78511_1620069564.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78511.jpeg

Quote: Prince Buster "Seems Chester blames his middles has being one of his major problems yesterday but this is what I thought i witnessed yesterday

Fifita tried hard,did big minutes. Took ball standing still and was easily nullified by hudds

Green, nothing spectacular but cant remember doing much wrong ,but seemed to have little involvement in anything.

Westerman, started Ok but as game went on went missing a bit,not his usual self.

Arona, blowing out of his back side. Could hardly walk off the pitch at end of stint. Way past it ,stupid re signing

Batty,10 minutes on pitch ,did very little but little opportunity to have any influence.

Batch young slightly built second rower asked to do a job . Did OK ,but Chester doing kid no favours. I bet he looks at his brother with envy and sees how his career is blossoming under a decent coach at a top club. Get out while you can batch,Chester is killing your career.

So Chester had all his chosen middles available to him. I admit they were not impressive at all. However a bit of coaching could change things. But in the end ,they were his chosen players,he signed them and he coaches them. Funny how he never mentions that .'"

Not sure if anyone saw but there was a play where Westy took the ball in and got absolutely clattered but the ref had called play back to the 4th tackle. After that he came off and when he returned, didn’t seem right at all.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Prince Buster "Seems Chester blames his middles has being one of his major problems yesterday but this is what I thought i witnessed yesterday

So Chester had all his chosen middles available to him. I admit they were not impressive at all. However a bit of coaching could change things. But in the end ,they were his chosen players,he signed them and he coaches them. Funny how he never mentions that .'"

Arona has been a great servant but he's too old ,not big enough and his time has gone. Ditto Ashurst.

God knows what has happened to the Eddie Battye we signed on loan. Chris Green has been poor ever since he arrived.

Totally agree about Bachelor. His development is going backwards at an alarming rate. Seems impossible for him to get a start in his natural position and is shunted all over the park to fill gaps. Also seems to be one of Chester's favourites to leave out. Really sad to watch as I'd hoped he would be a cornerstone of our pack for years to come.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5144
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I would not be surprised if Batchelor was not offered a contract and will be one of those sacrificed as part of the squad reduction. I just get the feeling he is not a player liked by Chester.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36014
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Trin3195 "Arona stumbled off in the 45th Minute. Thats 5 minutes of work and he was absolutely blowing out of his behind. How desparately unfit are some of these players?!'"

The squad is not unfit, that's a total red herring, in fact, they are the fittest I've seen them in a while.

Arona like a few others is just gone, it's that simple and no amount of training can fix that.

Let's get this straight once and for all, there are only two things wrong with the team, they are dumb and they lack any resilience.

The only question is who's to blame.

Most players are slightly dumb or you wouldn't need a coach. They are not necessarily dumb as individuals but they are as part of the team if that makes sense. Sorting that out is a shared responsibility, the players have to want to be smart. However, the lead must come from the coach, and for whatever reason, that isn't happening and the two are not connecting.

Resilience tends to come with winning and we simply aren't winning and CC just doesn't seem to be able to address that.

I really wish he could, it's not personal and I've stuck with him way beyond any other coach, even JK. I've done so because IMHO the seasons 2017 and 2018 were the best two seasons I've ever seen from Trinity with the possible exception of 2004. It was sublime at times and I have been hoping that eventually, we'd recapture that. We have not, in fact, we are going backwards now, even an optimist like me can see that.

Hate to have to gang up on the bloke but I can't see it changing now, for me he just has to go. I wish him all the best.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36014
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I would not be surprised if Batchelor was not offered a contract and will be one of those sacrificed as part of the squad reduction. I just get the feeling he is not a player liked by Chester.'"

I think you are wrong about that. He's very much a CC player in that he can play many positions moderately well which means Chester will never play him where he plays best.

Chester is destroying the lad but not because he doesn't like him but because he sees him as a band-aid player.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have to agree. Battye is a shadow of the player he was last season, the perfect example of a player who initially looked good when first signed now looking nothing more than an average plodder. Green is the same. When he signed on loan in 2019 he looked good and helped keep us up. Since then, a lot of not much. What is causing this situation? Arona is probably on the decline but Chester is still trying to use him as a big minutes prop, when the new rules make that pretty difficult for most ‘middles’. He also played his best rugby for us at loose forward where the workload is a little less intense. He’s got a year left on his deal and he isn’t going to walk away for nothing thats for sure. Fifita is still decent but those lung busting bursts are no more. He is still difficult to get to ground due to his sheer strength and can offload well but the speed of the game is catching him up as he gets older. He’s good enough to see out the last year of his contract but that should be it. Even Tanginoa (one handoff against the smallest player on the park yesterday apart) doesn’t have the same impact these days. Batchelor is the one that annoys me the most. He looked a rare talent when he came onto the scene, ended up getting picked for England Knights and was seen as one of the hottest prospects around. Then he stalled. Other players were constantly preferred and his confidence was eroded. Now we have Chesters go to move ‘we’ll make him a middle’. Sorry but no, how about you COACH him in his best position and develop him. You wouldn’t think he played most of his career in the second row would you! So yes a couple of our players are past their best but you signed them on long contracts Chris, you pick them and set the game plan including the game time. Take some ownership of your actions.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5236
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg

Well Vasty, I disagree about fitness. We have a head of conditioning who is pinching money. However that's another discussion completely.

You are right many are dumb, they do dumb things and make mistakes. A smart coach should look at who he signs and pick up on these traits. But even dumb players can be improved to make them better . That's where the skill of comes in. But when players come to us they seem to get worse and go down hill. Eddie B a good example. Another is tanginoa, terrific when he arrived but slow deterioration ever since.
Then there are players a good coach would never ever consider bringing in or giving contracts to ashurst and arona both fine examples.

My final point I dont follow the juniors as much as I used to . But any aspiring back who is knocking on the door of the first team must be down hearted when he sees the likes of Innes Senior being brought in a played infront of him.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36014
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: Prince Buster "Well Vasty, I disagree about fitness. We have a head of conditioning who is pinching money. However that's another discussion completely.

You are right many are dumb, they do dumb things and make mistakes. A smart coach should look at who he signs and pick up on these traits. But even dumb players can be improved to make them better . That's where the skill of comes in. But when players come to us they seem to get worse and go down hill. Eddie B a good example. Another is tanginoa, terrific when he arrived but slow deterioration ever since.
Then there are players a good coach would never ever consider bringing in or giving contracts to ashurst and arona both fine examples.

My final point I dont follow the juniors as much as I used to . But any aspiring back who is knocking on the door of the first team must be down hearted when he sees the likes of Innes Senior being brought in a played infront of him.'"

Fitness of body is fine apart from those players who have obviously gone over the hill.

I agree on the rest, but for me it’s fitness of mind that’s gone to pot.

Fit

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5236
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg

Quote: vastman "Fitness of body is fine apart from those players who have obviously gone over the hill.

I agree on the rest, but for me it’s fitness of mind that’s gone to pot.

Fit'"

Ok let me expand my point. Conditioning is the term I should have used. That also includes the mental and attitude side of the game.
We will have to have the discussion between ourselves as we could talk more openly but not on here. I will leave it at that

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36014
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: Prince Buster "Ok let me expand my point. Conditioning is the term I should have used. That also includes the mental and attitude side of the game.
We will have to have the discussion between ourselves as we could talk more openly but not on here. I will leave it at that'"

You don't need to I know exactly what you mean. I was answering a post that stated purely 'fitness', what you are on about is the whole thing, all forms of match preparedness, which is a huge issue.

As for our conditioner, I think you're correct, he has never inspired me. But how do you get rid?

I assume he's an employee rather than on a contract? In which case it would be hard to find the justifiable cause as far as employment law goes to get rid, as we both know these days being crap is not always enough. Then we'd have to pay him off because you can't make someone redundant without making the position redundant, he's the safest man at the club!.

It's funny but for years people wanted clubs run like businesses, now they are it's just opened up a whole new can of worms. The club management has far less room for maneuver than it once did.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: vastman "You don't need to I know exactly what you mean. I was answering a post that stated purely 'fitness', what you are on about is the whole thing, all forms of match preparedness, which is a huge issue.

As for our conditioner, I think you're correct, he has never inspired me. But how do you get rid?

I assume he's an employee rather than on a contract? In which case it would be hard to find the justifiable cause as far as employment law goes to get rid, as we both know these days being crap is not always enough. Then we'd have to pay him off because you can't make someone redundant without making the position redundant, he's the safest man at the club!.

It's funny but for years people wanted clubs run like businesses, now they are it's just opened up a whole new can of worms. The club management has far less room for maneuver than it once did.'"

At one point yesterday jowitt senior and rocky drove the ball in and all got clattered they will always get clattered cause they are not them kinds of players, now take a look at Ryan’s try a pass to jowitt a lovely break a ball to rocky and he did the rest a quality score, that is what you have got. These forwards are simply too old and too slow and this is a major problem in defence they just suck us in. Without the back to 6 we would make no ground at all and add behind this Miller taken over the kicking and finding the man every kick dear god I give in. That pack yesterday blew out of their backsides got beat up by kids

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1385
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Lots of Posters on here, for one reason or another, now agree it's time for a change of coach.
I thinks CC is a good bloke and obviously has Trinity at heart, but the players aren't doing it for him so I feel a change is better for all concerned
BUT it's not going to happen is it?
I've followed this club a long time and had ups and downs, but I just can't see how the players will turn this round.
I think it's a case of change of coach but by heck some of the players should walk also.
I agree with CC on that, that some of them are simply not good enough (perhaps because some are past their sell by date)

RankPostsTeam
International Star2691No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif
:fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif

Quote: 1315trinity "Lots of Posters on here, for one reason or another, now agree it's time for a change of coach.
I thinks CC is a good bloke and obviously has Trinity at heart, but the players aren't doing it for him so I feel a change is better for all concerned
BUT it's not going to happen is it?
I've followed this club a long time and had ups and downs, but I just can't see how the players will turn this round.
I think it's a case of change of coach but by heck some of the players should walk also.
I agree with CC on that, that some of them are simply not good enough (perhaps because some are past their sell by date)'"

It's his team and he's just re-signed a 'past it' player to a 3 year deal!
If the rumours are correct about who's coming in for next season, it's not helping our 'middles'.
It'll be just more excuses.

51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0947265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
9m
Leeds
RfE
10m