JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2022Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

If I was short sighted I could become a referee!:

Trinity have Tom Johnstone Bill Tupou Max Jowitt Mason Caton Brown Joe Arundel David Fifita Craig Huby Danny Kirmond and Tinirau Arona ( 9 players ) injured and are forced to play Danny Brough ( unable to train this week) Matty Ashurst and James Batchelor ( both not fully recovered from previous injury ) and a 19 year old making only his second appearance . Then both Ash and Batch have to go off because they have aggravated there old injury so interchanges are limited. Kelepi just still settlitin has to play 80 minutes in 2 different positions.We have one of the lowest budgets in the league but apparently we are crap ! Some people !

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: ball-in-hand "Trinity have Tom Johnstone Bill Tupou Max Jowitt Mason Caton Brown Joe Arundel David Fifita Craig Huby Danny Kirmond and Tinirau Arona ( 9 players ) injured and are forced to play Danny Brough ( unable to train this week) Matty Ashurst and James Batchelor ( both not fully recovered from previous injury ) and a 19 year old making only his second appearance . Then both Ash and Batch have to go off because they have aggravated there old injury so interchanges are limited. Kelepi just still settlitin has to play 80 minutes in 2 different positions.We have one of the lowest budgets in the league but apparently we are crap ! Some people !'"

All of the above is correct but, with the amount of possession we had, especially in the first half, we were unable to execute a play to score ANY points.
Yes, the game all swung on the interception (the only try of the game) but, against a very, very poor Leeds side, we couldn't get over the line and although Brought may not be fully fit, our other play makers, Miller, Hampshire, Wood and Randell were all playing
.Defensively we were good, with the interception the only time that our line was breeched but with ball in hand, we were so far from good enough, I can hardly speak.
With the quality of passing skills on show, the whole squad need to go to an under 8's training session and learn how to catch and pass a ball.

Despite thinking that we were play off contenders, we could yet find ourselves battling it out at the wrong end of the table

RankPostsTeam
International Star567No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Calm Waters don't make good sailors If you help somebody as you go along then your life hasn't been in vain:

Because 'some' fans have delusions of grandeur and can't take losses well. Everyone is frustrated and disappointed about last night. We struggled with basic passing and creation. Our defence was only breached once via an intercept. We can give in or muck in to change our fortunes.

It's worth noting about patience. Leeds fans complained many years ago for 2/3 seasons about their youth. They persisted and had a golden generation of success. We've blooded some youngsters which will bear fruit! Really pleased with Kersh and Croft. An example of patience, Tom J had loads of areas to work on, he made mistakes, he was thrown in, dropped, came back in and now is arguably in the top 5 best finishers in the world.

I bang on about patience in youth. It's also worth noting our coaching team are young and developing. They'll make good and bad decisions but getting rid of folk at the drop of a hat is rubbish. MC isn't going to do that, so we need to get behind them. If you say to a coach before the season you'll have half your salary cap out, go and manage it, I think most would find it tough. I'm still disappointed but have emapthy with their predicament.

Let's regroup and go again.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

Even when we had a poor team and Leeds were unstoppable, we were capable of scoring a few points. Last night was just dire.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

We forced what, three, four, dropouts in the first 10 mins and didn’t score from any of them with our first choice 1,6,7,9. We still had Reece Lyne and BJB with Sau another first team outside back. And you can’t understand the criticism?

RankPostsTeam
International Star11894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

To sum it up we are the first team to be nilled by Leeds this season. Just take that in.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5052
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1209
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73558_1651394349.jpeg
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73558.jpeg

Some utter nonsense being spoken over last night. It was hugely frustrating to watch and playing the walking wounded has put the season’s hopes on the skids. Not sure what choice there is otherwise and I’d have taken the gamble against what is a poor Leeds side this year.

The one criticism I will make is not playing the conditions. Leeds did that, took the points on offer from kicks and their big chance with the ball in hand. Excellent defence from them towards the end of the game as well. Fair result in the end.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach368No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It’s probably more born from frustration than anything.

Losing twice to London and that last night even with the numbers depleted meant we could have been sat on 22 points, in a strong position, with all aforementioned players to return at the business end.

Now we look like missing out on the opportunity (again) and that’s the frustration.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

It's worth saying we weren't playing the Leeds team that has lost so many.
They had fit players in where we had busted players.
I knew it would be harder than people thought when I saw the team and the big point for me from OP is they players who are playing injured.

We didn't score because of poor execution but we did create.
It needs to be fixed but it doesn't warrant the noncence some are posting.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think the opening poster is totally wrong. yesterday was dire and injuries are no excuse and if I’m shot down so be it.

However put in context hopefully this is a low water mark in what’s been an incredible 3 - 4 years.

Last night aside injuries have played a huge part this year, combine this with the sticky patches all teams have it not so bad. In truth we have been spoiled of late. Not that long ago holding Leeds to ten points would be considered an achievement.

It’s simple and rather like Leeds we need a win and the only people who can manufacture that are the players.

To the OP, it’s mostly not criticism it’s an honest appraisal from most. We can’t kid ourselves, even taking injuries into account we are playing quite badly at the moment.

It will change but hopefully sooner rather than later.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain197No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

But who's going to change it Fisherman we've been playing the same way now for a long time other teams know exactly what we're going to do & it's the same every week a lot of people on here won't have a word said about Chester but him & his coaching colleagues have to come up with some variations. we look so flatfooted

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Fishermanscap "I think the opening poster is totally wrong. yesterday was dire and injuries are no excuse and if I’m shot down so be it.

However put in context hopefully this is a low water mark in what’s been an incredible 3 - 4 years.

Last night aside injuries have played a huge part this year, combine this with the sticky patches all teams have it not so bad. In truth we have been spoiled of late. Not that long ago holding Leeds to ten points would be considered an achievement.

It’s simple and rather like Leeds we need a win and the only people who can manufacture that are the players.

To the OP, it’s mostly not criticism it’s an honest appraisal from most. We can’t kid ourselves, even taking injuries into account we are playing quite badly at the moment.

It will change but hopefully sooner rather than later.'"

I'd like to disagree if that's ok.

Firstly injuries may not be an excuse but they are a reason. Changing formations and partnerships will always affect execution and for me that is what is wrong at the moment.
Also, there was no lack of effort yesterday. We forced 4 drop outs from the off so there was no slow start, we just didn't execute the play correctly and put a poor pass out that ended up in touch.
Same with the moans about wet weather rugby. Leeds defended the middle well so one out rugby wasn't working. Brough's kicking was exactly right. We just messed up the play to get the ball with Miller trying to catch on the full rather than letting them make the mistake or Hampshire trying for the ball and catching the player off the ball.
Again the game changing move was great in that the ball went to the new guy out wide who broke free. Hampshire made the effort to catch up but ran rowards him rather than leaving a passing option so the fullback has the intercept and pass within reach.
BJB not diving. It's all execution.
Sau could have had 3 tries if the ball had been a good pass.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: PopTart "
Sau could have had 3 tries if the ball had been a good pass.'"

It was the quality of passing that killed our attack last night.
This is clearly not down to ability as EVERY SL player is more than capable of passing a rugby ball but, we need to find out just why we are "passing the ball anywhere" rather than execute a decent pass.
Are we frightened of taking a hit or under so much pressure that we cant perform.

The best players can make the right calls and execute their skills under the severest pressure and the lower down the shaft you go, the ability to perform as often or, under more pressure, reduces.

I have to say that I really thought that the players that we have, especially the pivots / spine were way better than they showed last night and some of our last tackle plays were just not good enough, which ordinarily you would say is down to our main organiser (Brough). He and Miller look like they cant/ dont want to play in the same side, which, based on their early season form is just bizarre.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "I'd like to disagree if that's ok.

Firstly injuries may not be an excuse but they are a reason. Changing formations and partnerships will always affect execution and for me that is what is wrong at the moment.
Also, there was no lack of effort yesterday. We forced 4 drop outs from the off so there was no slow start, we just didn't execute the play correctly and put a poor pass out that ended up in touch.
Same with the moans about wet weather rugby. Leeds defended the middle well so one out rugby wasn't working. Brough's kicking was exactly right. We just messed up the play to get the ball with Miller trying to catch on the full rather than letting them make the mistake or Hampshire trying for the ball and catching the player off the ball.
Again the game changing move was great in that the ball went to the new guy out wide who broke free. Hampshire made the effort to catch up but ran rowards him rather than leaving a passing option so the fullback has the intercept and pass within reach.
BJB not diving. It's all execution.
Sau could have had 3 tries if the ball had been a good pass.'"

Frankly I’d be amazed if you didn’t disagree, it’s certainly your style where I’m concerned.

You’re not totally wrong nobody is. However your desire to be contrary on last night is somewhat contradictory. Read your post from half time last night and unless I’m mistaking you’re pretty much calling it a dire performance, am I wrong?

56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.16552734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
10m
Rumours thread
Kettykat
12m