Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Calm Waters don't make good sailors If you help somebody as you go along then your life hasn't been in vain:

I put on record I like Richard Agar. He's still a young coach and learning the game. I wasn't sure of his abilities as I haven't seen them first hand but there 'are & has been' many interested parties for his services! That to me at least says he has potential. There are many coaches out of the game with no where to go but professional organisations see something in Rich.

He's not deliberately trying to sabotage the club, nor does he deserve 'some' of the vile and disturbing comments. Criticism of his performance, team selections, rotations etc are certainly fine done in the right manner. This is not an Agar is brilliant thread. I can't say I massively know him or have personal allegiances. Its just sometimes when the chips are down for a bloke, they deserve a bit of support! Nevertheless You have to accept in sport, that its result driven and we haven't had them.

He has had the reins over a period of time when the club has had no stability and this has been extremely challenging. 'Good experience comes from bad experience' and he will certainly have experience from his time at the club.

I'm happy with how magnificent the off field financial problems have been managed. But through this it has been a very difficult time for the coach and players. Losing several key players and not having all the team over for pre season was a major inconvenience. Strike players Ali, Collis & Kirmo have been Injuried for long periods. Other players have struggled to be available to be on the paddock. You have to go with medical team and sometimes players thoughts on fitness & this isn't always correct which has a severe adverse effect on selections. In addition either we are not fit enough or the players are not physically or mentally good enough themselves. The skill levels & basic low risk play error ratio is shocking! Concentration, coordination etc goes when you are tired! But why are they so tired? Missed tackles, line speed & other aspects associated to fitness and strength are not good enough. Either that's the players themselves or conditioning.

That said with the players on paper everyone would have expected better performances and more results. I fully understand this and I would have expected better! I'm disappointed with some of the players and their performances!! Even though I wouldn't have picked the same teams or positions of players for several games that Rich has, they should be performing better!! Rich has gambled on certain selections and when they do not work, you are ultimately responsible as a head coach. You know that when you take up that position! When results or performances don't happen, regardless of other mitigating factors, you are head coach. That's the territory!

Fans naturally walk away when teams under perform through lack of enjoyment! That's life. It's hard to watch when your not enjoying the game. If there is something to grasp when losing for example player passion etc you can keep watching but when there seems very little, it's difficult. I admire fans travelling to away games mid week after work.

I would expect 'If' there was no more Richard Agar against London a very good healthy crowd for this game. That is not a dig, that's an observational analysis of forum and social media posts.

#backthebadge

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Squadbuilder.........building a squad together:

Mick, I don't like to think of anyone losing their jobs. I don't believe he goes out to make us lose. Yes on paper we have good players, we are certainly on paper no worse than Cas yet they beat Hull KR by 50 and we lose by 50. Yes we had pre season problems, players arriving late, time to gel....we beat Catalan, competed with saints and looked to be doing ok then the team gets changed round v Hull KR and we have been up ( Hull , Widnes) and down ( Cas, Cas, Wire, Bulls) ever since. Players playing out of position , new players eg Scruton coming in and not being any better than Raleigh, Owen better than Fox or Liam Kay ? !! Daniel Smith being sent to Fev ? some baffling changes in there ...how often have we had players playing in same/ natural position for any length of time ? How much is it down to coaching , conditioning, money , motivation I and rest of us fans do not know but someone within the club must find the answer and FAST !!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13740
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Is he still here? Hopefully an early Monday morning meeting will rectify that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach660No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26779.jpg
:26779.jpg

Some good points raised Mick.

Ive got to say I'm disappointed with Richard Agars post match press conference. I said after the game today that his get out clause would be the disaloud try and blaming the referee which he obliged.

However, id like to look at other points. Firstly I applaud the decision to swap the halves and Sammut and Godinet at 6 and 7, moving Mathers to full back was the right call. On the back of this though, what has happened to the attacking plays. Why are we persisting on the 5th play to punt the ball in the air - surely we have some set moves ? There are many downfalls to this - firstly we are giving our forwards no rest as the ball is back in play where with a bit of composure we should have been finding touch or attacking the goal line for a drop out. Bradford and most teams do this regularly - it shows composure and gives the forwards a break !!

We are struggling in the centres - no doubt about that, but by playing 2 second rowers there, teams have worked us out and are playing a lot narrower in defence as they know they will be able to scramble across - we have one of the fastest wingers in the game in Riley and he never gets a touch nor does Owen on the other wing !! Sykes should have played centre, this is his best position and he is defensively sound - much better at supporting the winger as a make shift 6 !!

We continue to switch off in games - play ok for 20 minute periods then start dropping the ball - I think in the second half today we failed to complete around 6 consecutive sets !!! Players are also making big mistakes or conceding silly penalties week after week but keeping there place in the side - not naming names but at fault for the first try conceded in the last 3 games !!

Richard Agars commits of being the better side in the second half counts for nothing when we are best part out of a game after the first 30 minutes - it doesnt count for a lot when he needs a half time talk to get them up for it and this is happening week after week.

Now on his future - I cant see him staying past this season all though he has a nice juicy 3 year deal. Most coaches have a cycle of around 3/4 years and his times up. I understand that success is 3rd bottom, but we have managed to get a much better playing squad than previously thought and I dont really care about win/lose or draw - just the performance i.e effort and playing ability you would expect of a Super League player. The result more times than not takes care of its self. I think Richard Agar has possibly taken Wakefield as far as he can now - mentally we are switching off far too often and the plays are shocking, slow and predictable.

The London game is surely his last chance - I can see us losing that one at the moment, and he cant really win if we win anyway. All I know, its been an expensive few months for us fans, with several away games and poor efforts at home including the Challenge Cup f - conclusion - its not god enough !!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Interested parties for his services I would like to know who I would bang £100 in the pot for them to take him as Im sure plenty of others would.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Today was the first time I thought he absolutely has to go. If we'd won today and beat London, I would have been happy to see how the rest of the season goes. Today was a bridge too far. There are too many things that are down to him.

1. Motivation
There is no desire from the players. Bradford were up for it. We weren't. As simple as that.

2. Fitness
The players looked dead on their feet too quickly. They did at Magic too,

3. Defence
How come we are not wrapping up the ball? Bradford were off-loading for fun.

4. Attack
Dreadful. Unimaginative and predictable. One man rugby, with no one going with the man to cop for an offload. It must have been easy to defend against, and it was. We score 12 points against one of the worst defences in the league, and six of those came from a late consolation. We were woeful, end of.

Losing is one thing. Losing without a fight is another. Unacceptable. Four points given to one of the worst teams in the league gives them hope, and could relegate us.

RankPostsTeam
International Star869
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: les-goose "Interested parties for his services I would like to know who I would bang £100 in the pot for them to take him as Im sure plenty of others would.'"

I've heard Catalan were after him, and have been since Easter

RankPostsTeam
International Star567No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Calm Waters don't make good sailors If you help somebody as you go along then your life hasn't been in vain:

Quote: Jose Mourinho "Some good points raised Mick.

Ive got to say I'm disappointed with Richard Agars post match press conference. I said after the game today that his get out clause would be the disaloud try and blaming the referee which he obliged.

However, id like to look at other points. Firstly I applaud the decision to swap the halves and Sammut and Godinet at 6 and 7, moving Mathers to full back was the right call. On the back of this though, what has happened to the attacking plays. Why are we persisting on the 5th play to punt the ball in the air - surely we have some set moves ? There are many downfalls to this - firstly we are giving our forwards no rest as the ball is back in play where with a bit of composure we should have been finding touch or attacking the goal line for a drop out. Bradford and most teams do this regularly - it shows composure and gives the forwards a break !!

We are struggling in the centres - no doubt about that, but by playing 2 second rowers there, teams have worked us out and are playing a lot narrower in defence as they know they will be able to scramble across - we have one of the fastest wingers in the game in Riley and he never gets a touch nor does Owen on the other wing !! Sykes should have played centre, this is his best position and he is defensively sound - much better at supporting the winger as a make shift 6 !!

We continue to switch off in games - play ok for 20 minute periods then start dropping the ball - I think in the second half today we failed to complete around 6 consecutive sets !!! Players are also making big mistakes or conceding silly penalties week after week but keeping there place in the side - not naming names but at fault for the first try conceded in the last 3 games !!

Richard Agars commits of being the better side in the second half counts for nothing when we are best part out of a game after the first 30 minutes - it doesnt count for a lot when he needs a half time talk to get them up for it and this is happening week after week.

Now on his future - I cant see him staying past this season all though he has a nice juicy 3 year deal. Most coaches have a cycle of around 3/4 years and his times up. I understand that success is 3rd bottom, but we have managed to get a much better playing squad than previously thought and I dont really care about win/lose or draw - just the performance i.e effort and playing ability you would expect of a Super League player. The result more times than not takes care of its self. I think Richard Agar has possibly taken Wakefield as far as he can now - mentally we are switching off far too often and the plays are shocking, slow and predictable.

The London game is surely his last chance - I can see us losing that one at the moment, and he cant really win if we win anyway. All I know, its been an expensive few months for us fans, with several away games and poor efforts at home including the Challenge Cup f - conclusion - its not god enough !!!'"

Certainly some good points and things I agree with. We only forced one goal line drop out repeat set to my reckoning and that was when we were down to 12 men. That would have been my target all day long, forcing repeat sets to tire the defence.

RankPostsTeam
International Star567No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: feline "Mick, I don't like to think of anyone losing their jobs. I don't believe he goes out to make us lose. Yes on paper we have good players, we are certainly on paper no worse than Cas yet they beat Hull KR by 50 and we lose by 50. Yes we had pre season problems, players arriving late, time to gel....we beat Catalan, competed with saints and looked to be doing ok then the team gets changed round v Hull KR and we have been up ( Hull , Widnes) and down ( Cas, Cas, Wire, Bulls) ever since. Players playing out of position , new players eg Scruton coming in and not being any better than Raleigh, Owen better than Fox or Liam Kay ? !! Daniel Smith being sent to Fev ? some baffling changes in there ...how often have we had players playing in same/ natural position for any length of time ? How much is it down to coaching , conditioning, money , motivation I and rest of us fans do not know but someone within the club must find the answer and FAST !!'"

As I mentioned Sue, you are ultimately responsible for results as a head coach. I'm not going to go into detail of certain players going or leaving as sometimes that is out of a coaches control and indeed clubs. However whether you, me or others are right or wrong in how we would line the team up, you make fair points!

RankPostsTeam
International Star692No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Dont know why other teams are intrested in him at all he is a joke of a coach has he provef with hull and france the sooner hes gone the better

RankPostsTeam
International Star1886No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51581_1309939310.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51581.jpg

Fantastic news that someone is after his services, hopefully when carter gets back into the country he can do a deal and get shut without too much cost. Best news of the day that Mick.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Catalans form has picked up so i don't see why they would want him now, unless they have no desire to reach the play offs. I did hear a line that Fev were interested before they appointed Andy Hay. They dodged a bullet there.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7415
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Probably not this simple but why don't the club just sack him, let him take them to a tribunal and worry about the pay off till after the season has finished? At least give us a chance to avoid relegation.

RankPostsTeam
International Star692No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JINJER "Probably not this simple but why don't the club just sack him, let him take them to a tribunal and worry about the pay off till after the season has finished? At least give us a chance to avoid relegation.'"

I think it be more costly to keep him rather thsn sack him in attendaces alone

PHe
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mick Amos 9 WTW "As I mentioned Sue, you are ultimately responsible for results as a head coach. I'm not going to go into detail of certain players going or leaving as sometimes that is out of a coaches control and indeed clubs. However whether you, me or others are right or wrong in how we would line the team up, you make fair points!'"

I don't believe that, if feline was our head coach she would have sorted the players out before now! icon_smile.gif

36 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
36 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.13623046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
6m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
13m