JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Called in shop today to renew my disabled season ticket and was told that the price had gone up from £98 last year to £196 this year. Unfortunatly for me that is too much so thanks for the memories and goodbye to all my friends in C block and the con club. Tommy.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Dr.%20Bunsen%20Honeydew.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Dr.%20Bunsen%20Honeydew.gif

Quote: Finbar "Called in shop today to renew my disabled season ticket and was told that the price had gone up from £98 last year to £196 this year. Unfortunatly for me that is too much so thanks for the memories and goodbye to all my friends in C block and the con club. Tommy.'"

I'm really sorry to hear about this Tommy. I'll do my best to explain the reasons for this.

We discussed this at the disabled supporters association meeting in September, in the Cats Bar, as obviously some disabled supporters were very concerned about this.

I spoke with Francis and he explained Wakefield were the last club to offer reduced rates to disabled supporters, and the increase is in keeping with all other RFL clubs and professional sports clubs.

The disabled season ticket is a really good deal as it means that you get another free season ticket for your carer, so effectively you get 2 season tickets for the price of one.

The club also offer payment over several months, for those supporters who cannot afford the payment in full. Also there was an early bird deal, where you could have got your season ticket for a cheaper price, that couple with the spread payments was a really good deal.

As a disabled person, and full time wheelchair user myself, I feel strongly that if I am working then I should pay the same amount as my fellow able bodied supporters. Of course if unemployed, then the club offer reduced rates, as they do for OAPs.

It was a shock when I found out, like yourself, but given the information I do understand the reasons. I feel that the club could have communicated this better, but that's why the disabled supporters association is so important.

Wakefield were the last RL club to bring the prices in line with every other club, and at present there is so much happening which will make the club the best for disabled supporters.

Hope this helps

Jason

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Hi Tommy, this is an explanation about the price change from the RUGBY LEAGUE SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION, taken from the RLFANS RLDSA page: -

Please see below

"Concessions for being disabled are being phased out by many organisations and in many walks of life in keeping with equality laws and Rugby League is one of those. The RFL have been forward thinking in this and it is something which the RLDSA has always supported. However as disabled supporters we are all entitled to a Companion/PA or Carer ticket free of charge so although we pay the standard charge we still get two tickets for the price of one if we choose to take someone with us for assistance or companionship. This enables us to have any help we need but still give equality.

Over a lot of years I've discussed this and many other issues with other disabled fans and disabled supporters groups and the over riding opinion of those fans, to this day, have been taken into consideration. These opinions gave us the aims of the RLDSA and the most important feature of that is to promote and develop disability awareness and equality for everyone within Rugby League and this has been discussed with the RFL and Rugby League Club's frequently.

We don't need a concession as we want and have the right to expect equality after all I think the days of shoving us into a corner of a ground or stadium without a thought are over as it is now 2010.

Personally I think the majority of people understand equality is being given, grounds improved and new stadia built with the needs of disabled people in mind, lets be honest 10 years ago unless you had a car you were pretty much stuck in the house. Things are not perfect by a long way in life in general, the same can be said of Rugby League but things are getting better, attitudes changing and facilities improving. As a result of that the majority of disabled Rugby League fans expect, as is fair, to pay the same amount all other supporters pay. If it turns out that the standards of facilities are poor and access very difficult we have every right to complain as loudly as everyone else as we are paying the same price. If we accept concession pricing we accept being treated inequally.

A concessions is offered usually to juniors and those classed as senior only but they don't involve disability so they are not part of this issue. If you are a junior and disabled you pay the concession rate for a junior and have the companion ticket, if you are classed as a senior then again you pay that concession price and still get the other ticket.

More disabled people than ever are turning out to watch Rugby League, this has reached the point where some Clubs are reaching capacity, if Clubs fill existing area's which are specific to disabled customers I expect, as do a lot of people, that those area's be extended or others found and we are happy that we pay the same as everyone else so that this can continue. We are very lucky as the RFL fully support the ability of all supporters to be able to support their teams both home and away, not all Sports do this and it all relates back to equality and not equality only when it suits us."

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3956No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18447_1354887369.jpg
[color=#0000BF:295xr8pc]FLEETMASTER STAND THE HOME OF THE NORTHSTANDERS[/color:295xr8pc] "Quote" But perhaps most impressive is another bumper Wildcats home crowd – 9,237 for a Saturday TV game in the cold and wet is a fine effort from one of Super League’s most progressive clubs "Gareth Walker the Mirror" BORN CASTLEFORD BRED NORMANTON LIVE OUTWOOD WAKEFIELD BORN AND BRED MADE UP OF WF10/WF6/WF1, WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18447.jpg

OMG it, thats a big jump, why not increase it bit by bit, eusa_naughty.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1828No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34692.jpg
:34692.jpg

Like bluejayway as said the main problem and we all shouldn't be surprised with this is communication, it does seem steep but if the club had offered us able bodied 2 season tickets for the price of 1 we would jump at the chance at getting it. I'm sure the O/P must have someone he can go with at split the ticket cost.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Disney cat "Like bluejayway as said the main problem and we all shouldn't be surprised with this is communication, it does seem steep but if the club had offered us able bodied 2 season tickets for the price of 1 we would jump at the chance at getting it. I'm sure the O/P must have someone he can go with at split the ticket cost.'"

That's a very good way of looking at it. I think with the formation of the disabled supporters association things are only going to get better, and it's amazing what we have achieved in only one month! icon_thumb.gif

Just watch what we do next! icon_biggrin.gifRUMMER:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: wildycat "OMG it, thats a big jump, why not increase it bit by bit,
I think the issue is also legal isn't it Bluejayway? The equality laws work both ways and therefore getting a half-price season ticket if you are capable of paying for one is discrimination. The carer thing is of course inherent in the law also, to allow disabled people to have access to as much as is practicable that able body people have access to... equality all round!

I think it is a big hike but also the law is the law!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "I think the issue is also legal isn't it Bluejayway? The equality laws work both ways and therefore getting a half-price season ticket if you are capable of paying for one is discrimination. The carer thing is of course inherent in the law also, to allow disabled people to have access to as much as is practicable that able body people have access to... equality all round!

I think it is a big hike but also the law is the law!'"

You have hit the nail on the head there. The equality laws make it quite clear, and as such we are just falling in line with what everyone else is doing.

Wakefield were the last club to fall in line with other clubs, and disabled fans have been getting season tickets at the greatly reduced price for longer than we should have been. We get a really good deal, as we get 2 season tickets for the price of one, which enables the disabled supporters to take along a 'carer'. It's a great deal.

I look at this way. I work full time, so am happy to pay my way and buy a season ticket for the same as those who are able bodied.

The club offered lots of different ways for fans to pay, so think they have been very fair.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "I think the issue is also legal isn't it Bluejayway? The equality laws work both ways and therefore getting a half-price season ticket if you are capable of paying for one is discrimination. The carer thing is of course inherent in the law also, to allow disabled people to have access to as much as is practicable that able body people have access to... equality all round!

I think it is a big hike but also the law is the law!'"

Thanks for your replys but as far as this being the law how come i am able to purchase half price tickets to semi finals finals etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Finbar "Thanks for your replys but as far as this being the law how come i am able to purchase half price tickets to semi finals finals etc.'"

I can answer that. It was a mistake and I don't think it will be happening again. Half price tickets could be purchased for RFL events up until very recently, but as I said this has been subsequently changed.

No club, or even the RFL, offer reduced tickets for disabled people, but you will get 2 tickets for the price of one if you are disabled supporters, so it's still a good deal, whichever way you look at it.

If you come along to the next disabled supporters meeting you can get answers to your questions directly from the club. As I said in my first post, we discussed this at our last meeting in September.

The club are being incredibly supportive of disabled fans and the plans we have for the future will ensure that Wakefield Trinity Wildcats is the most inclusive of clubs.

Why don't you ask the club if you can pay over several months?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Concessions for being disabled are being phased out by many organisations and in many walks of life in keeping with equality laws and Rugby League is one of those. The RFL have been forward thinking in this and it is something which the RLDSA has always supported. However as disabled supporters we are all entitled to a Companion/PA or Carer ticket free of charge so although we pay the standard charge we still get two tickets for the price of one if we choose to take someone with us for assistance or companionship. This enables us to have any help we need but still give equality."

The above paragraph taken from a post by RLDSA explains the new pricing policy really well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach909
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26836.jpg
:26836.jpg

bluejayway

i understand what you are saying.

we have to compete with other clubs etc but u say the carer gets a free season ticket well if you go off ur prices then no they dont because the prices have gone up by 100% so what it has cost this guy for 1 last year. is paying for 2 this.

which is a big jump

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: yorkshireone "bluejayway

i understand what you are saying.

we have to compete with other clubs etc but u say the carer gets a free season ticket well if you go off ur prices then no they dont because the prices have gone up by 100% so what it has cost this guy for 1 last year. is paying for 2 this.

which is a big jump'"

As a disabled supporter myself I have no problem whatsoever in paying the increased price.

I pay for my season ticket, my carer gets in free.

That said I did express the concern of the members of the disabled fans association, as I do feel it could have been communicated better, but that is why it's so important for disabled fans to get involved with the WTWDSA, as it gives them a voice.

So much is happening for disabled fans for the forthcoming season and into the future, which makes me very proud to be a Wakefield Trinity supporter.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach81No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Jan 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A disgrace Wakey...!!!!!! a026.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4809No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15996.jpg
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north" "If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail":15996.jpg

Quote: Thefeeling "A disgrace Wakey...!!!!!!
If you read the thread, it really isn't a disgrace at all.

25 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
25 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.111328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Planning for next season
mwindass
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
11m