JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: alegend "Chester as been away from the club for a while ,but not before he did more damage for this season with signing more garbage to go with the rest over the last 3 year He was quiet happy to let 4 or 5 players carry the the team and let the other positions on the field rot away .Mr Carter said he did not no a lot about R L when he took over and put is trust in is Coach . No you say do not keep going over old news.,but that is why I think we are going down .The team wants a good overhall but because of long contracts to old players it impossible to do .The damage started in the past and that's bottom line.'"

Nail on the head here squire, so why keep bringing it up at every opportunity, he's gone and no amount of moaning is going to alter things, maybe when he signed those players he did not know he was leaving who knows or really cares, the damage is done, it might be that Pochings not the answer, who knows, You say the damage started in the past and before I go any further let me say I don't disagree with you but we could go back to Agar or Webster but apparently the buck stops at Chester, mistakes have been made, but the answer is not in recriminations, but what happens in the future, were all Wakey fans, aren't we, we all know what's needed no more so than the management and after the efforts they've put in these last few years they won't want that to be in vain, you've seen things far worse than what they are at the moment, why not give them a chance to put things right.

RankPostsTeam
International Star355
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I know it's only speculation at the moment, but assuming the make up of Super League 1 & 2 is decided next year and is implemented in 2024,has anyone any idea what the mechanics of it might be?
How would the funding cake be split between the 2 leagues?
What would the share of televised matches be?
Is it a Super League and Championship under another name?

RankPostsTeam
International Star355
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Something I forgot - would there be promotion and relegation?

RankPostsTeam
International Star5185
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yes he saved the club and put light bulbs in the toilet apparently but he has also been in control during a period of steady decline to a point where we are favourites even amongst the Wakefield supporters for relegation. It can be argued that like the coach we kept some of the players too long and replaced others with players that look more financially based rather than squad improvement.
I have been told not to look backwards I regret that looking forwards does not appear any better.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

you seem to take a great deal of satisfaction with the situation we are in scarlet and having a go at MC who has turned the finances of the club actually saved it, the decisions on the players brought in and let go are at question but can be remedied
whether we can get these players to actually play together is the problem, its them you should be having a go at

RankPostsTeam
International Star5185
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

No not at all but we have to face facts that we have been in a steady decline on the field. We no longer have the luxury of remedying the situation other than with what we have now accrued. The question is can we do it and I think we are now in such a state both on and off the pitch that it is not possible

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "No not at all but we have to face facts that we have been in a steady decline on the field. We no longer have the luxury of remedying the situation other than with what we have now accrued. The question is can we do it and I think we are now in such a state both on and off the pitch that it is not possible'"

It's always possible. That's how sport goes.
Teams often turn things around. We may or may not.....but it isn't impossible.

After looking at the stats, some players are working their off. We need to decide quickly whether the others can up their game or just need dropping for someone possibly less capable but who is up for the fight.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "Yes he saved the club and put light bulbs in the toilet apparently but he has also been in control during a period of steady decline to a point where we are favourites even amongst the Wakefield supporters for relegation. It can be argued that like the coach we kept some of the players too long and replaced others with players that look more financially based rather than squad improvement.
I have been told not to look backwards I regret that looking forwards does not appear any better.'"

You and Lampyboy must be in a minority because you and him are the only 2 on here that shows no recognition for his achievements at this club and criticise him at every opportunity and in some cases manufacture mischief to suit, the steady decline at this club started in the seventies if you were about then and continued on through the decades including Teds and the disaster caused by his successor, culminating in the club getting on an even keel under Carters tenure.
Admittedly things aren't looking too bright at the moment but we are only halfway through the season, course we can argue he made a mistake keeping Chester too long but to what purpose does that achieve other than to cause mischief on here using that as an excuse to criticise him, It's what happens in the coming months that matter, if you can't come to terms with that I'll personally give you your money back for yer season ticket as you appear to have a problem looking forward.
Edited poptart

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2940
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If we're talking about going in back in time,, we need to look at pre-Chester and consider how much damage was done when Brian Smith departed the club under a cloud. Wasn't his departure partly due to player power indicating that they weren't happy with his style of training? If we'd persevered with BS we would not have had to suffer the CC years. Retrospective I know, but possibly a valid point. His pedigree spoke for itself.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2645No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

That's simply not true Chissitt, please don't adopt the failing of another poster.
I have been the first to say that MC did a fantastic job in the first 2 to 3 years and that without his stewardship God knows what would have happened, however his many contributions on this board did him no favours,
Regarding the last few years the club have sunk year after year.
I agree I do often and in my view correctly criticised his lack of flexibility and forward thinking regarding marketing.
I also think its a crying shame that he may be the man to see the club tumble when he was the one to initially save it.
Something must give otherwise his club will be teetering on extinction, because championship rugby isn't an option at the moment,

RankPostsTeam
International Star5185
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: chissitt "You and Lampyboy must be in a minority because you and him are the only 2 on here that shows no recognition for his achievements at this club and criticise him at every opportunity and in some cases manufacture mischief to suit, the steady decline at this club started in the seventies if you were about then and continued on through the decades including Teds and the disaster caused by his successor, culminating in the club getting on an even keel under Carters tenure,
Admittedly things aren't looking too bright at the moment but we are only halfway through the season, course we can argue he made a mistake keeping Chester too long but to what purpose does that achieve other than to cause mischief on here using that as an excuse to criticise him, It's what happens in the coming months that matter, if you can't come to terms with that I'll personally give you your money back for yer season ticket as you appear to have a problem looking forward.'"

It was you foggy old boy who said not to look . I am not causing mischief in fact despite what you believe I do not take every opportunity to blame MC, I am just giving a more realistic perspective. I wouldn’t want to take the food from the mouths of your fish because I have come to terms with the outcome and I don’t think the board can save us now like they had to before the Bradford game when we signed a slew of players.
It is actually a shame the club appears to be disintegrating when a redeveloped ground is about to be started. It is usually the ground that is falling apart.
It is a free world and the last time I checked difference of opinions are allowed even on this forum, I hope your optimism is justified, I have however not seen anything to say the team will back you.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Redscat "If we're talking about going in back in time,, we need to look at pre-Chester and consider how much damage was done when Brian Smith departed the club under a cloud. Wasn't his departure partly due to player power indicating that they weren't happy with his style of training? If we'd persevered with BS we would not have had to suffer the CC years. Retrospective I know, but possibly a valid point. His pedigree spoke for itself.'"

We had some great years under Chester. Why would you just ignore that?
Smith win 6 out of 20 games if Wiki is right.
He left because he wanted more of a stake in the club and the board didn't as far as I know. His demands exceeded what we could deliver.
Though I can't imagine Scruten was disappointed to see him go when his advice to leave his wife to improve his game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2940
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "We had some great years under Chester. Why would you just ignore that?
Smith win 6 out of 20 games if Wiki is right.
He left because he wanted more of a stake in the club and the board didn't as far as I know. His demands exceeded what we could deliver.
Though I can't imagine Scruten was disappointed to see him go when his advice to leave his wife to improve his game.'"

Yes we did have a couple of good years under Chris Chester, but during that time he was being mentored by JK. Once Kear left CC he looked clueless.

The six wins out of 20 reflects to a degree that the players didn't want to play for him. I don't think they liked his military style training regime.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: Redscat "Yes we did have a couple of good years under Chris Chester, but during that time he was being mentored by JK. Once Kear left CC he looked clueless.

The six wins out of 20 reflects to a degree that the players didn't want to play for him. I don't think they liked his military style training regime.'"

I disagree. Although I get what you are saying.
The team was a bottom of table team. Simple as that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell " It sounds like the bulbs need changing if things aren’t too bright. I am not causing mischief in fact despite what you believe I do not take every opportunity to blame MC, I am just giving a more realistic perspective. I wouldn’t want to take the food from the mouths of your fish because I have come to terms with the outcome and I don’t think the board can save us now like they had to before the Bradford game when we signed a slew of players.
It is actually a shame the club appears to be disintegrating when a redeveloped ground is about to be started. It is usually the ground that is falling apart.'"

Last word from me as I don't want to get sucked into your world of sarcasm, Wasn't it you what complained about sitting under a hole in the roof in which you got wet when it rained and did nothing about it other than complaining on here, yet is moaning because of a lack of a lightbulb in the toilet and your not complaining, If not then you must be making mischief, not sure I share your views that the club is disintegrating because were struggling on the pitch, but I'm sure you'll have your own spin on it, the offer still stands about your season ticket though, and fear not for my marine and tropical fish, I'll make sure there all right icon_biggrin.gif

178 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
178 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.04052734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
Dave K.
4m
Play-offs
Deeeekos
4m