FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > The news is out!!!
183 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach888No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38217_1328808646.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38217.jpg

Sad day for the whole RL family, Hopefully thou this is the start of a new world.

Onwards and upwards you have the backing of all decent Rugby League fans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22777
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.pngnrlbid.com [quote="bUsTiNyAbALLs":9q9d2t35]Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.[/quote:9q9d2t35] [quote="vastman":9q9d2t35]My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.[/quote:9q9d2t35]:

Quote: HouriganTiger "I'm sorry but i have to take the moral high ground here, how can a business that has contributed to it's own downfall, rack up it's own debts be allowed to just walk away form their responsabilities and commitments. how many S&M businesses will suffer as a direct result of your admin?

there is a part of me and i promise you this would be the same if it was Cas, that believes you should not be allowed to purposely walk away from their debts, crippling others in the process and be allowed a free lease of life under the guise of a new name/brand!!

you should suffer as much as your unpaid creditors and if it means a few years of hardship then sobeit. afterall the bill that is owed to the tax man who will pay that? you and me (well not me as i dont pay tax out here) but you get my drift.'"

In pre-packs where the buyer is the same in all but name to those who put the company in to administration i would agree with you. However when a company is sold to new owners after administration, it is simply a more pragmatic approach.

The options are the company gets liquidated and creditors get a pittance, the business is closed everyone involved loses their jobs or the company goes into administration, the creditors get a pittance but the business stays open and people keep their jobs and hopefully the business grows. I know which I would prefer,

Just because a business goes into administration doesnt mean there isnt a call for the product or the underlying fundementals dont have the potential to grow a successful business.

In this example, good luck to Wakefield. IMO it is a frustration that an area that so obviously has the potential to be a RL asset has for so long been an also ran, with internal division and infighting restricting the realistion of that potential, hopefully a clean slate will see this Wakefield move forward from strength to strength.

I also think people are being a little presupmtious that this will be the nadir for Wakefield in a similar way it has been for Widnes, there is nothing set in stone here, and it is probably 50-50 at the moment whether this is the beginning of a new dawn or the beginning of the end. Lets hope for the former.

One note of caution, When Leeds Utd went in to administration, the largest creditor ended up being a mysterious off-shore company which insisted the former owners regained control, and paid rent to a mysterious trust who owned the stadium, lets hope there is no similarities here.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "I don't think playing contracts are voided through the act of entering Administration - given that the whole point of Administration is to try and save the business as a going concern. The Administrator can of course terminate any employee, but then the employee is entitled to his statutory entitlement backed by the state, and for the balance he ranks as a creditor. Unless a player's contract has a provision allowing the player to void the contract if an act of insolvency is committed (unlikely?) then I'd say the players remain under contract, and most would probably want to remain so so that their employment rights were preserved?

Players would presumably transfer to the successor club under the TUPE rules, with contrcats and employment rights carried over?

I'm not fully familiar with the situation with playing staff under an Administration, so if anyone can improve on that I'd be keen to learn too.'"

I think employment law would rule, as you state, so unless they have some sort of termination clause in their contracts, which I doubt (why would you?), then TUPE would be used to bring the new employees over to the new company.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Feb 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

New Poster and Cas fan here.

Genuinely gutted to see this happen and hope everything works out for you guys.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1743No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Disney cat "I see where you are coming from and I agree with you
Its totally disgusting that high profile clubs should be allowed to walk away and reform days letter with 2 fingers to the creditors, whether that be medium or small companies, wages still have to be paid by these companies.

Hopefully by the time june/july comes writing will be written on wall for Crusaders and Wakefield. Fair is fair after all, Maybe coming down a League and getting your house in order is what is needed.

I do completley sympathise with the fans who pay good money to watch the BOD mismanage funds and badly manage their business.

Good luck in the future, whatever that might hold.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12205_1307822450.png
[img:32iwt8q2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/fullyitfc/cas-4-1.jpg[/img:32iwt8q2]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12205.png

Best of luck and let us hope that this marks the start of the new Wakefield Trinity.

On a side note, if a club goes into admin, don't they have to agree to pay a certain amount in the pound to creditors and you can't come out of admin until 75 percent of creditors have agreed.

If HMRC are your major creditor, does this mean they can keep Wakey in admin until they recover as much of their money as possible?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach64No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "Here we go... taking the moral high ground eh!

So can you point us in the direction of where you posted similar comments on the Crusaders board after their RFL sanctioned pre-pack? Have you written to your MP to complain about the current issue with Company and administrator law? What would your suggestions be for an alternative system? I have already suggested compulsory credit insurance for all companies who wish to limit their liabilities... but don't agree with it!

You are not taking any bloody moral high ground, you are just a bitter troll!

The clue is in the title... Limited Company!

Grow-up! It is always a shame when any company goes down owing even small amounts of money and it is always the smaller businesses that suffer, but business is business! And yes, it has happened to me and yes, it is rubbish, but I and the companies I knew know the risks and also we did have credit insurance that did pay-out for some of our loss!'"

sadly you will find no such comments form me on any Crusader board as i have only recently taken an interest (regular poster) in the site as it is my only means of keeping tabs on the world of RL whilst i am living in Dubai.

secondly, non i have not wrote to any local MP as what is the point in the scheme of things.

thirdly, you have clearly never been caught up, taken for, or affected by a company entering administration before. the affects can be far reaching. i can give you a numbe rof exmaples form the construction industry where small sub-contractors have lost their homes, wordly possessions and will to live on the back of being taken for a few quid by some rather large construction firms. the feelings are world ending and leave many unable to sleep at night, but your right thats just business!! rediculous!! i bet you went to private school and fed with a silver spoon with an attitude like that?! maybe you are the one who needs to grow up?

i do agree re credit insurance and to be fair most companies i know do have it although with the ever increasing number sof companies bailing out the cost of premiums are soaring and they are reaching unaffordable levels for many, hence why they are not mandatory!!

and as for being a troll, i think not! bitter, maybe?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: HouriganTiger "sadly you will find no such comments form me on any Crusader board as i have only recently taken an interest (regular poster) in the site as it is my only means of keeping tabs on the world of RL whilst i am living in Dubai.

secondly, non i have not wrote to any local MP as what is the point in the scheme of things.

thirdly, you have clearly never been caught up, taken for, or affected by a company entering administration before. the affects can be far reaching. i can give you a numbe rof exmaples form the construction industry where small sub-contractors have lost their homes, wordly possessions and will to live on the back of being taken for a few quid by some rather large construction firms. the feelings are world ending and leave many unable to sleep at night, but your right thats just business!! rediculous!! i bet you went to private school and fed with a silver spoon with an attitude like that?! maybe you are the one who needs to grow up?

i do agree re credit insurance and to be fair most companies i know do have it although with the ever increasing number sof companies bailing out the cost of premiums are soaring and they are reaching unaffordable levels for many, hence why they are not mandatory!!

and as for being a troll, i think not! bitter, maybe?'"

You are wrong on all counts, I have indeed been caught up and affected by companies entering administration (I did say this mate!) on BOTH sides of the fence. I have lost my job by a company entering administration and worked for companies who are owed money by companies going down. I know first hand how volatile the construction industry can be, but it is all about Risk and Reward, and as someone who often has the final decision on whether we do or do not enter a sub-contract then you always have this at the back of your mind. I said no to a sub-contract a few weeks ago for this reason... it was just not worth the risk IMO... but other people have different opinions and one of our competitors did as he signed! I am wrong or is he wrong? You tell me? He was prepared to take the risk (we could not get sufficient credit insurance) , I wasn't... that is business!

As for credit insurance making is compulsory is a waste of time and would just feed the insurance industry... when you are a new/smaller business you make the call, but you choose to be in business and make that call and benefit from the rewards... which have risks!

No, I didn't go to public school... although it is an Academy now!

Finally, having done some business in the UAE I do find it odd that anyone who chooses to live and work in Dubai would be pontificating about UK company law and moral trading... don't you!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17238.jpg
:17238.jpg

Quote: wildcat13 "Does this mean the end of the franchise bid or will we be treated the same as crusaders(i think this is doubtful).'"

If we're talking about franchises in purely business terms I think both clubs should be excluded from the next bidding round and it would be outrageous if just the Crusaders were 're-elected'. However if we remain sighted on RL as a sport it seems right that finances should not in themselves be knock-out factors but then again neither should be stadia conditions yet you can bet there'll be no leniency for Wakey/Cas in that respect.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman14145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45_1302643626.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo " also we did have credit insurance that did pay-out for some of our loss!'"

There is no way in a milion years though that you would ever get any credit insurance whatsoever on pretty well any RL club. Maybe on Leeds if you were lucky, and perhaps on the stadium owning companies at Wire and Hudds, but usually forget it. Even most banks will not lend to most RL clubs. They are seen as terrible credit risks, and the succession of RL clubs becoming insolvent over the years justifies that stance.

And I say that having had precisely this discussion (albeit informally!) with Euler Hermes, Atradius and several of the big banks.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach833No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sad news for RL but hopefully clears the way for a future for you.

Hopefully you are treated the same as Crusaders when it comes to points and franchise applications. Hopefully now the people of Wakefield can get behind the club

RankPostsTeam
International Star411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noirs/Sid.gif
FAIL TO PREPARE,PREPARE TO FAIL:fonds noirs/Sid.gif

Thanks ted for all the bad memories and broken promises now is the time for you to keep one of your promises and get out of the club and leave us honest supporters with a little hope for a bright future.Heres hoping we now have something to look forward to icon_cheers.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

Quote: Adeybull "There is no way in a milion years though that you would ever get any credit insurance whatsoever on pretty well any RL club. Maybe on Leeds if you were lucky, and perhaps on the stadium owning companies at Wire and Hudds, but usually forget it. Even most banks will not lend to most RL clubs. They are seen as terrible credit risks, and the succession of RL clubs becoming insolvent over the years justifies that stance.

And I say that having had precisely this discussion (albeit informally!) with Euler Hermes, Atradius and several of the big banks.'"

This is true... I think you would get lower amounts on some of the bigger clubs but you are right about Wakefield. But like I said, that is the risk and reward of business and is one of the obstacles to growing a business.... but you take the risk to get the reward!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8_1434361123.jpg
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8.jpg

Good luck folks. Hope you can emerge from this with an owner and a future.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Sad that it came to this but lets just hope now there is a smooth transition to new ownership and that we have a bright future. Everything will cross, is crossed!

183 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
183 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

7.279296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Trojan Horse
5m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Dave K.
15m