FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > 1250 sold, 1250 to go!
466 posts in 32 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: imwakefieldtillidie "It's not just about the season ticket price though here. If they can get get more people signed up to season tickets, the potential to sell more shirts, shorts, flags etc also increases. Not to mention the increased sales of refreshments within the ground. If the club can sell another 1,500 season tickets before the season kicks off, it's £150,000 up front and then a further 13 attempts to sell to a guaranteed 4,000 people. The 1,500 is just an estimate, but with Christmas coming up, surely another 1,000 at least should be achieveable.'"

Exactly!

Most of the hard core fans will have bought in at 100 quid anyway. If the required number is met and the price is honoured, how many extras could you reasonably expect to sell after that at full price? Leave people with a few quid in their pockets to buy some merchandise instead, or give those who maybe can't afford it now the chance to buy in at the same price later. It's not as if those who pledge now will lose hundreds in interest on their money in the process. It's still a huge bargain for them anyway.

Glover always said he was going to run this club as a proper business. I'm sure he's done his calculations. It may be a bit of a gamble, but if we/he can afford to take it, then why not? It tests the depth of the water, if nothing else.

How many people were wishing we had a Ken Davy when Huddersfield came up with their offer? Why close the door on potential new fans by increasing prices if we reach the target? You'll only end up with a (small) bunch of disgruntled "I bought my ST for 175 quidders", and the squabbling will start all over again, especially if pay on the gate offers are available for individual games.

Share the joy, share the love. icon_hug.gif

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRB "The wording of that release has been debated at length - it does not however state that the price will be kept after 30th September, under any circumstances - nor should it!

We are all keen to see the club grow and become successful once more, and I really like that we have these types of deals, but why should I get my money out before the end of September if I could have just waited and let you lot do the work of keeping my price down!

By the sound of it, the price after 30-09 may not be the £175 originally proposed, but I'd be a bit narked if they didn't show some benefit to those who coughed up when required - else why bother again next year?

Your comment above just confirms the poor wording of the release as they clearly intended that to be relevant to those buying before 30-09 (or 1-10 as it now transpires).

If they now said '£125 if you buy before Xmas or £150 thereafter' then that would seem reasonable to everyone involved. No Rocket Science required! that's the logic behind my thinking but what is lacking is a longer term for the ones that can't cough up in one lump sum and look for installments, its not like that there is an outlay of cost in sending out goods as the season ticket will not be sent out until full payment received

simple icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: kinleycat "The club needs to generate money, and £100 season tickets isn't going to maximise that revenue stream.
It's a gimmick, and one that can and should only go so far, it also helps the club with some short term funding, when other revenue streams are not available.
If I were running it, I'd say something like " this has been a wonderful effort and to reward the fans we are going to continue with the discounts up until Xmas, but at £150", still a bargain the club gets some more wonga, the fans that take up the deal are still getting excellent value but not as good as those who coughed up early.
Then after Xmas return to last years £175, everyone's a winner and we could easily end up with 4 to 4,500 ST holders which is a massive improvement.
The team improves that generates a bit more, match day sales improve etc and we are starting to move forward.
Year on year this improves, one feeds the other and before we know it we are all sat in a full Newmarket thinking ain't this grand!!
A lot of things can go wrong of course (getting the little things right, something we never could do but desperately needed to), but it's as simple as you want to make it. Give them good value, something good to watch and a good match day experience and they will come.'"

gimmicks are great and you can see easily how they turn heads.

I passed on an idea via a club employee that was very similar to what the giants did a few years ago.
there was a draw at the beginning of the game to win a car (not sure if it was for a season ticket holder) but that was my thought for the gimmick,

imagine a 2500 to one chance of winning maybe that new car the Kia that does 80 mpg, it might not be big wow but with petrol costs rising so much and maybe a possible deal that could just about give you free motoring for the year.
so what would that cost £10,000 say for the full package divided by 2500 adult season ticket holders £4
would you pay £105 for the chance icon_wink.gif I would anyway just to support the club

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13711
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: snowie "gimmicks are great and you can see easily how they turn heads.

I passed on an idea via a club employee that was very similar to what the giants did a few years ago.
there was a draw at the beginning of the game to win a car (not sure if it was for a season ticket holder) but that was my thought for the gimmick,

imagine a 2500 to one chance of winning maybe that new car the Kia that does 80 mpg, it might not be big wow but with petrol costs rising so much and maybe a possible deal that could just about give you free motoring for the year.
so what would that cost £10,000 say for the full package divided by 2500 adult season ticket holders £4
would you pay £105 for the chance Thought very much the same myself. Plenty of dealerships around the area who could perhaps contribute to the offer by providing a car, or at least a discounted figure, as part of a sponsorship deal with the club. Guy Salmon may not be too impressed but I imagine they're stock my be a little too expensive to give away.

Something like that gets people talking beyond the usual pool of people who would buy season tickets.

I've also thought having prizes of Ipads or Ipods as prizes for people who purchase match tickets in advance of game day may be a good way of encouraging take up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5767
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Quote: TRB "Still don't agree that the price should be left at £100 - as this may affect future sales - but happy for it to be not much more! We'll soon know I guess!'"

Why not, I got mine for £100 and I'm very happy with that. If they choose to keep it the same price, it can only benefit the club in the long run because they will hopefully sell plenty more of them than the otherwise would do.

You said,
Quote: TRB "but why should I get my money out before the end of September if I could have just waited and let you lot do the work of keeping my price down! '"

Personally, the more we sell the better off the club will be and as long as no one gets it any cheaper than me I'm not bothered. Like you said we all want the club to grow and be successful again, so if this is what it takes, is to get my season ticket a little earlier for £100 so be it.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: Shifty Cat "Why not, I got mine for £100 and I'm very happy with that. If they choose to keep it the same price, it can only benefit the club in the long run because they will hopefully sell plenty more of them than the otherwise would do.

You said, Personally, the more we sell the better off the club will be and as long as no one gets it any cheaper than me I'm not bothered. Like you said we all want the club to grow and be successful again, so if this is what it takes, is to get my season ticket a little earlier for £100 so be it.'"

The point was that there needs to be an incentive to buy before the date set. I wouldn't,t necessarily increase the price by much, but I do think there should be a difference.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13711
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Looks like Andrew Glover has been reading this forum. There maybe a prize for the 2500th ticket sold.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg
READ THE AUP: //forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43457.jpg

Quote: Khlav Kalash "Looks like Andrew Glover has been reading this forum. There maybe a prize for the 2500th ticket sold.'"

There as bad as the Wakey Express icon_wink.gif ,another friday of back page crap that i had previously read/wrote on here!!
Oh well i gave it a go, ill go back to saving my 65p a week in future!!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Khlav Kalash "Looks like Andrew Glover has been reading this forum. There maybe a prize for the 2500th ticket sold.'"

He will be receiving my invoice in due course.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRB "The point was that there needs to be an incentive to buy before the date set.'"

Is the offer not sufficient incentive? If you sign the family up early and the target is reached, you effectively get your own season ticket for nowt.

What difference does it make if someone who can't afford to pay up at the moment gets the same offer later because of the early take-up? If enough people don't take up the offer early doors, there's no offer, everyone pays full whack, end of story. Sufficient incentive to subscribe early if you can, I'd have thought.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: RebelRebel "Is the offer not sufficient incentive? If you sign the family up early and the target is reached, you effectively get your own season ticket for nowt.

What difference does it make if someone who can't afford to pay up at the moment gets the same offer later because of the early take-up? If enough people don't take up the offer early doors, there's no offer, everyone pays full whack, end of story. Sufficient incentive to subscribe early if you can, I'd have thought.'"

It don't bother me, but I can promise you that the actions taken now will be remembered for next year and, when the club says they need x by y, there will be those who won't because 'it won't matter - it should, even if it's a token gesture.

It's not just about the here and now, but establishing the ground rules, and the trust, for years to come.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg
READ THE AUP: //forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43457.jpg

Quote: TRB "It don't bother me, but I can promise you that the actions taken now will be remembered for next year and, when the club says they need x by y, there will be those who won't because 'it won't matter - it should, even if it's a token gesture.

It's not just about the here and now, but establishing the ground rules, and the trust, for years to come.'"

I agree, a sense of urgency tied in with a financial reward, is what is needed, offer a discount to the next lot £125-£150 by all means, but the reward should be greatest for those who coughed up first.
I understand the sentiment that for some, especially with families its still a lot to cough up, but it has been over two months and if as i suggest another offer goes on for another month or two, they can still benefit on last seasons price.
If the club plan on something similar next year, they and people will better be able to plan and so make more of the deal.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg

Quote: imwakefieldtillidie "It's not just about the season ticket price though here. If they can get get more people signed up to season tickets, the potential to sell more shirts, shorts, flags etc also increases. Not to mention the increased sales of refreshments within the ground. If the club can sell another 1,500 season tickets before the season kicks off, it's £150,000 up front and then a further 13 attempts to sell to a guaranteed 4,000 people. The 1,500 is just an estimate, but with Christmas coming up, surely another 1,000 at least should be achieveable.'"

Absolutely, success breads success.
The more season tickets we have, hopefully the more spectators we have at every game, if they spend match day money, that aids the club, if they feel aligned to the club they will buy shirts and other merchandise, again the till is ringing!!
I truly hope they pull out a master stroke with next seasons shirt etc and its a huge hit with the fans.
Without a money bags owner, this is the best way for us to grow IMO.

RankPostsTeam
International Star501No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54709_1307880116.jpg
Once a Sandal Wild Cat always a Sandal Wild Cat. Some talk of Bradford Northern and some of Hull and Leeds Of Wigan and St Helens and such great teams as these Of all the teams in Rugby league with me you will agree The best team in the whole wide world is Wakefield Trinity! [color=#FF0000:3drl5tww]Bring back the British Coal shirts for 2012[/color:3drl5tww] [color=#FF0000:3drl5tww]Come home Steve Georgallis & Nigel Wright[/color:3drl5tww]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54709.jpg

Quote: kinleycat "Absolutely, success breads success.
The more season tickets we have, hopefully the more spectators we have at every game, if they spend match day money, that aids the club, if they feel aligned to the club they will buy shirts and other merchandise, again the till is ringing!!
I truly hope they pull out a master stroke with next seasons shirt etc and its a huge hit with the fans.
Without a money bags owner, this is the best way for us to grow IMO.'"

Exactly right (as usual) Kinley.
More fans means more money. Our nearest and dearest can only wish they sold as many season tickets as we have, granted usually their "hardcore" is around 2500 but I think we can easily sell another 1500 before the season starts (if we maintain something like £100), which would put us head and shoulders above some local rivals.

This means more money in the dark months, more security, a better franchise application next time & ultimately a better quality of player available to WT. This is exactly the sort of sustainable growth the RFL is crying out for.

We're only a short way down the road, but I see this being more of a HFC model; having ST's cover the cap, not a benevolent leader who foots the bill.

(A side note- not for extensive/derailing debate)
The ST sales at CT must be pi$$ poor if we've had no "counter statement" from Dicky and his bin dipper gang!

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRB "It's not just about the here and now, but establishing the ground rules, and the trust, for years to come.'"

As far as trust goes, the only issue here is that AG honours his pledge if the target is reached. You get a whalloping discount off the price of a season ticket, the club gets money up front, and everyone's happy... at least, you'd think so. But it seems that people want double the reward - a bargain basement price season ticket AND the satisfaction of knowing that some other poor sod who couldn't afford to stump up in time pays extra, if the target is met. It seems a bit selfish to me.

FWIW - I don't think we'll see the same offer next season anyway. This one [iis[/i about the here and now, IMO - a new start, getting as many people (back) on board as possible, etc. From that perspective, it makes sense (to me) to continue the pledge if the target is met and make the club as inclusive as possible. AG seems pretty clued up when it comes to the whole marketing thing. I reckon the club will learn from the experience of this offer and provide other incentives/variations of the offer for next season, to avoid complacency. But that's just a guess.

Ultimately, it's none of my business to suggest how he spends his money best. I'm sure he's worked out a business plan and will act on it the way he sees fit. If that means increasing prices after the deadline, so be it. I think it'd be a shame if he did, but that's just my opinion. I don't see how it would in any way be a breach of trust if he didn't, though. The more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned.

466 posts in 32 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
466 posts in 32 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.37890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
IMG scores
Oddshapeball
16m
Planning for next season
LeytherRob
57m