FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Carter programme notes..
63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player886No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78511_1620069564.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78511.jpeg

Quote: Eastern Wildcat "Of course he's having a dig. It's one of those snide, below the belt ones, which it's not the first time he's lashed out at fans like this.

Like Mopsey, I can't believe people are still taken in by him. He doesn't pull the wool over my eyes.

He's alienating so many fans right now, I've heard several, long term fans saying they're not going until he's gone, which does nothing to help, but at the same time, neither does his poor attitude to supporters.

I've said it time and time again, no person is bigger than the club, its colours or badge. Not even a self confessed messiah that he believes he is.'"

You're loving this aren't you.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4148
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
125_1389554653.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_125.gif

Quote: Dunkirk Spirit "I got around this problem by taking my own bottle caps with me, Anyone thinking Woke is a new thing must have a short memory.'"

They are classed as missiles icon_lol.gif a026.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

Quote: TimmySmith "You're loving this aren't you.'"

Really?

I've supported the club for 43 years.

My great uncle pulled on the red, white and blue, and my late father was on the Wakefield Schools coaching set up that went to Wembley in 1979. Some of the players he's coached went on to play for Wakefield.

I can assure you that I'm not enjoying any of it.

The only thing that matters here, is the state of our club. Some say without him, we wouldn't have a club, we wouldn't without fans either.

For the good of the club, on and off the pitch I feel, and also MC, remember in his statement on resigning, he did quote his health, the sooner he goes and a replacement CEO and investor is found the better.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: TimmySmith "You're loving this aren't you.'"

What a stupid idiotic sentence, I bet your loving this that much your jumping through hoops. You and others like you are the main problem, you accept mediocrity and hang on every word the messiah says. Absolutely pathetic

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player886No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78511_1620069564.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78511.jpeg

I'll tell you what's absolutely pathetic Mopsey, creating a fake account pretending to be MC just like your best buddy EW did only a few short weeks ago.

Bag me all you want, Poptart seems to be getting it in the neck at the minute because of his opinion too but what I don't understand is failure to accept reality. "Spend money, sign players, get MC out of the club"

We have no money therefore we can't "sign" players and MC is on his way out. I don't get what you're expecting here. The neanderthal approach won't solve anything.

As MC said, support the club. Or don't.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: MOPSEY LIVES ON "What a stupid idiotic sentence, I bet your loving this that much your jumping through hoops. You and others like you are the main problem, you accept mediocrity and hang on every word the messiah says. Absolutely pathetic'"

When you say "accept mediocrity". Do you mean, support the club even when it's going through a hard time instead of belittling everyone and criticising everything with no suggested solution?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Complaining about Carter having a dig at 'some' negative fans seems like Robertson complaining about the linesman elbowing him.

If you feel like you can throw the negative comments at Carter, why be so upset when he throws something back?

I'm a supporter/fan and I don't feel like he's having a go at me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

Quote: TimmySmith "I'll tell you what's absolutely pathetic Mopsey, creating a fake account pretending to be MC just like your best buddy EW did only a few short weeks ago.

Bag me all you want, Poptart seems to be getting it in the neck at the minute because of his opinion too but what I don't understand is failure to accept reality. "Spend money, sign players, get MC out of the club"

We have no money therefore we can't "sign" players and MC is on his way out. I don't get what you're expecting here. The neanderthal approach won't solve anything.

As MC said, support the club. Or don't.'"

I do support the club, and will still be doing so , long after Michael Carter goes. I once supported Michael Carter too.

At the same time, I will hold my hand up, and admit a Sunday evening of madness, last November. Which I fully regret, and apologised at the time. I also rightly served a ban. What I will say about this moment of madness, I think it was one comment, was it was done to try and swerve some unnecessary attacks by private message via this board, to myself and my family, by a certain person, who is no stranger to having more than one user name, I still have a hunch this is still happening. I did at the time of my apology point this out to moderators, but the digs did still continue.

Anyway, this post is not about me, this is about Michael Carter and is "rallying cry" of our diminishing fanbase

RWB
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain246No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't think anyone thinks there is a magic money tree, or that MC is not entitled to respond to criticism - although it is valid criticism being made in saying that the money we have has been spent very badly. I also don't think anyone minds the ask for positivity (although there is nothing to be positive about) - its the inverted commas "fans" kind of comments that he usually makes, and the general view that seems to be agree with me or your not a supporter. It comes across as utter contempt for those that support the club and spend money to help the cause. Its a ridiculous tone to take at any time, but even more so now considering the mess we are in. Supporters of other clubs are saying the same where the comments have been shared on social media.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: RWB "I don't think anyone thinks there is a magic money tree, or that MC is not entitled to respond to criticism - although it is valid criticism being made in saying that the money we have has been spent very badly. I also don't think anyone minds the ask for positivity (although there is nothing to be positive about) - its the inverted commas "fans" kind of comments that he usually makes, and the general view that seems to be agree with me or your not a supporter. It comes across as utter contempt for those that support the club and spend money to help the cause. Its a ridiculous tone to take at any time, but even more so now considering the mess we are in. Supporters of other clubs are saying the same where the comments have been shared on social media.'"

But it isn't contempt for fans.

Whether you agree whether he should post his views in public is one thing but it's contempt for those sending hate posts to players and staff and it's contempt for those who make things up across social media (including this one) purely to put the club players or staff in a bad light

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50836_1298143372.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50836.jpg

Quote: PopTart "But it isn't contempt for fans.

Whether you agree whether he should post his views in public is onevthing but it's contempt for those sending hate posts to players and staff and it's contempt for those who make things up across social media (including this one) purely to put the club players or staff in a bad light'"

Personal and Hate post are totally wrong but with what is going on at the club at the moment it is very hard to put positive spin on it meaning a lot of what is going to be said is negative and quite rightly so.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5054
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Quote: PopTart "When you say "accept mediocrity". Do you mean, support the club even when it's going through a hard time instead of belittling everyone and criticising everything with no suggested solution?'"

I think it means not being afraid to say what you see or what you’re feeling about the way the club is run and not being blinded by loyalty to a man whose decisions look to be sending us down to the championship.

Supporting the club and being critical of the way it’s run aren’t mutually exclusive!

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: The Avenger "I think it means not being afraid to say what you see or what you’re feeling about the way the club is run and not being blinded by loyalty to a man whose decisions look to be sending us down to the championship.

Supporting the club and being critical of the way it’s run aren’t mutually exclusive!'"

Absolutely. No one is beyond reproach.
But looking for ways to improve is not the same as complaining about everything either.

FSW
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well, that's 5 pages of negativity about the club from its "supporters" and not a word of a positive suggestion about how the situation might be resolved. Most of the signings were well received by the fans and the squad containing Jowitt, Hall, Murphy and Tanginoa looked quite capable of holding its own this season. Their absences have been well documented and pretty much unavoidable.
The ground developments are essential and not negotiable and our only way forward is to make sure these are completed and in service as soon as possible.
So come on then, you keyboard warriors, tell MC & JM exactly who they missed out on signing and what can be done, in a real life situation, to turn the rugby situation around.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50836_1298143372.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50836.jpg

Quote: FSW "Well, that's 5 pages of negativity about the club from its "supporters" and not a word of a positive suggestion about how the situation might be resolved. Most of the signings were well received by the fans and the squad containing Jowitt, Hall, Murphy and Tanginoa looked quite capable of holding its own this season. Their absences have been well documented and pretty much unavoidable.
The ground developments are essential and not negotiable and our only way forward is to make sure these are completed and in service as soon as possible.
So come on then, you keyboard warriors, tell MC & JM exactly who they missed out on signing and what can be done, in a real life situation, to turn the rugby situation around.'"

Spending close to £500k of our small budget on Gaskell, Lineham, Proctor, Antoni and Taufua is one of our major problems, I find it almost laughable when we are basically wasting a 3rd of our playing budget and yet the board bleat on about us pending less than everyone else.

63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
63 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

13.5419921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Championship Awards
Mr Bliss
7m
Decision on the field
hatty
10m