JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I’m not into the coach must go thing but Chester must be looked at due to the poor win ratio over the last 30 matches or so
Now is that injuries or something else who knows but one glaring thing for me is that Hampshire and Miller both play better as off the cuff maverick players and two of those at half back just doesn’t work broughy didn’t really work this time around but a proper organiser with one of those two would be much better as for which I’m not sure as they both have something to offer but not together
If we have our own genuine no.7 then in this season with no relegation let’s see him given a go we aren’t going to win anything but at least we will have an idea of what we actually need for next year

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: PopTart "I like the way we play when we have a full team out. It's not working right now but I like what he does. I can't see another coach making it that much better with the team we have.'"

So you like the way we play when we’ve a full team out and you like what he does, ive heard it all now. Sport is about results and in case you hadn’t noticed we have won something like 5 games from 26 with a win percentage of around 20 per cent. Correct me if I’m wrong but the team we have and the squad we have by your reckoning is the best we’ve had in super league. So would you like to just keep plodding on getting beat every week with the occasional win and a we’ve turned the corner rolled out again.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The problem is Wakefield fans settle for second best and probably turn up to a game looking for improvement on the last game, better efforts from individual players but not expecting a win.
Hard core supporters have excepted that without more support money will npt be made available for better quality signings.
Its become the norm for supporters to debate the cost of quality players without any real knowledge.
Budgets are obviously impprtant but fans have no idea of whats available or who receives what.
We are a club that seems to take many risks providing they dont cost much instead of the occasional risk and more cost.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: lampyboy "The problem is Wakefield fans settle for second best and probably turn up to a game looking for improvement on the last game, better efforts from individual players but not expecting a win.
Hard core supporters have excepted that without more support money will npt be made available for better quality signings.
Its become the norm for supporters to debate the cost of quality players without any real knowledge.
Budgets are obviously impprtant but fans have no idea of whats available or who receives what.
We are a club that seems to take many risks providing they dont cost much instead of the occasional risk and more cost.'"
cas have built a good team over the years despite being relegated twice in the last 15 year. They are light years ahead of us with probably a similar amount of cash and they had to sell some players to keep the club afloat but spent it wisely

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yes the big lads seemed to lack any real intensity going forward but we never had any real momentum with the exception of the odd few sets. The problem was Catalans were turning us round by kicking early and with Jowitt, Croft and Senior who are some what inexperienced it’s difficult to gain any yardage for when the forwards come in. With TJ, BJB, Lyne and Tupou we often break the odd tackle and find a quick PTB which is when the forwards can do some real damage.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: MOPSEY LIVES ON "cas have built a good team over the years despite being relegated twice in the last 15 year. They are light years ahead of us with probably a similar amount of cash and they had to sell some players to keep the club afloat but spent it wisely'"

Whilst that is true currently they did get relegated twice from super league something we have miracously avoided. The appointment of Powell in 2013 seems to have been the catalyst for their improvement.

Man for man over last 7 years don’t think they have been any better individually as us, the difference I suspect is the quality of coaching and also their ability to get the best out of relatively ordinary players. Like us they have had an awful lot of couldn’t do it or slightly over the hill players.

Yet despite this in the last 3 years they have finished 5 th 3 rd and top of the table.

Looking at their squad they have a young home grown product in Truman (hampshire) , a let go from a big club in Richardson (miller) 34 year old Michael Shenton,(Atkins) Darrel Olpherts not wanted at Salford (lynne) 3 plodding forwards in Milner , Massey and Roberts, Pick ups from relegated clubs matautia, o Brian , (gigot, Kay )

Yes they do seem to have better quality young lads from the local area, and be more capable of protecting them from the big clubs picking them up at a young age.

I could go on but to me it’s not the players but the culture of the club be that coaching, the clubs position in local society, pride in playing for the club, we really looked to have kicked on 3 years ago and I thought the last 2 years after retaining most of the top 5 team would be our chance of success - ok injuries have been a big problem but then again it was for cas

Financially we probably don’t have much in the way of options at the moment, but I do think Chester either needs to go or the club needs to bring an experienced individual or team to support him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3726
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18764_1329753271.gif
Waiting for the 2021 RLWC:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18764.gif

Quote: dpbnov " What I am struggling to understand is why the attacking players we have brought in seem to lose the ability to play. The strong running Tanginoa who busted tackles at will when he first joined us has disappeared. [iThe ball handling loose Westerman no longer seems to have a pass in him.[/i The young dynamic attacking Alex Walker who was a regular at London no longer gets picked and when he does he is a shadow of his former self. I could go on.'"

This seems the pattern with Westerman who, since leaving Cas as one of the most promising young forwards in the game, to go to Hull, has always disappointed. Wire gave him a chance - and unwisely spent £150k doing so - and he looked 'promising again' ( if it's OK to look 'promising' at the age of 26) for a few games thereafter underformed mightily for the rest of his time with us.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17934
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Asgardian13 "This seems the pattern with Westerman who, since leaving Cas as one of the most promising young forwards in the game, to go to Hull, has always disappointed. Wire gave him a chance - and unwisely spent £150k doing so - and he looked 'promising again' ( if it's OK to look 'promising' at the age of 26) for a few games thereafter underformed mightily for the rest of his time with us.'"

The difference between good and very good or, great players is the ability to get things right every time and under pressure.
Every player in SL etc can pass, tackle and catch a ball but, the better the player, the more often they can get it right.

The comparisons with Cas are pretty good, in so far as each player seems to progress individually while they are at the club.
At Trinity, there are too many going the wrong way, which, no matter how you wrap it up, is down to coaching.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg

Quote: Kirmudgeonly "Whilst that is true currently they did get relegated twice from super league something we have miracously avoided. The appointment of Powell in 2013 seems to have been the catalyst for their improvement.

Man for man over last 7 years don’t think they have been any better individually as us, the difference I suspect is the quality of coaching and also their ability to get the best out of relatively ordinary players. Like us they have had an awful lot of couldn’t do it or slightly over the hill players.

Yet despite this in the last 3 years they have finished 5 th 3 rd and top of the table.

Looking at their squad they have a young home grown product in Truman (hampshire) , a let go from a big club in Richardson (miller) 34 year old Michael Shenton,(Atkins) Darrel Olpherts not wanted at Salford (lynne) 3 plodding forwards in Milner , Massey and Roberts, Pick ups from relegated clubs matautia, o Brian , (gigot, Kay )

Yes they do seem to have better quality young lads from the local area, and be more capable of protecting them from the big clubs picking them up at a young age.

I could go on but to me it’s not the players but the culture of the club be that coaching, the clubs position in local society, pride in playing for the club, we really looked to have kicked on 3 years ago and I thought the last 2 years after retaining most of the top 5 team would be our chance of success - ok injuries have been a big problem but then again it was for cas

Financially we probably don’t have much in the way of options at the moment, but I do think Chester either needs to go or the club needs to bring an experienced individual or team to support him.'"

And a couple of finals and beaten us for about the last 15

RankPostsTeam
International Star2642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Who comes in to replace Chester and would money be made available.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain241No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cokey "I have never been a fan of Kendall, but I thought he had a good game today.'"

Well he missed 3 tackles below knee by 3rd man in in the first 15 mins gave us one set restart and overturned a blatant penalty to us which they scored from so yes a refereeing masterclass

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20472
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "The difference between good and very good or, great players is the ability to get things right every time and under pressure.
Every player in SL etc can pass, tackle and catch a ball but, the better the player, the more often they can get it right.

The comparisons with Cas are pretty good, in so far as each player seems to progress individually while they are at the club.
At Trinity, there are too many going the wrong way, which, no matter how you wrap it up, is down to coaching.'"

There are loads of Cas players who don't progress.

People have said the same about every Wakefield coach when we lose and especially when we lose to Cas.
It's no more true after a loss than Chester being a super coach after we win.

Kear used to get loads of stick on here but now it's Chester's turn so the same people want Kear to come back and fix everything.

At the end of the day we were playing with a debutant who had two trainng sessions, a kid who's only played one first team game before and not played at all since at least March, a fullback on the wing, a half back who although athletic with many skills no other club wanted to play at halfback...... Against a guy who played State of Origin a year ago and has played for Australia, a well sought after scrum half, a dual code international who is renowned as being one of the very best at what he does and an international Hooker with a couple of grand final and challenge cup wins to his name
And we were in the game.

To pick a team up who is busted and been beaten by a massive margin a week earlier is also a coaches job. It was always going to be tough but we improved which is what I ask of the coach.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain241No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If the club does decide to stick with him and that does seem the case certainly for this year he needs a mcdermott or kear to help him out for sure

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain851No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The thing with Chester now for me is, I just don't get where he is coming from as re. selections and where HE sees the best way forward? There seems to be too many contradictions in what he is saying then what he actually does! Take yesterday, he has Jowitt, Hampshire & Walker available, so after saying Jowitt was going to get a run in the halves, he plays him on the wing, goes with Miller & Hampshire, who actually did pretty well I thought, as they did at the back end of 2018 together, but he saw fit to bring in Brough, yet now goes back to them 2?! He simply doesn't know what his best combinations are, because he has too many options, and has to justify them being in the squad by trying to juggle eyeryone about. Westerman has to play because he signed him, but then Arona, ohh i'll play him at prop then to get him in somewhere?! In 2017 & 2018 the team picked itself with few injuries, so therefore he didn't have to make any real decisions, in the last 18 months he's had to make more decisions and sadly he has gotten more wrong than right, including signings, remember Baldwinson, Reynolds etc? Maybe now he either needs help, or we need to move in a different direction, and actually have some direction from the head coach.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg

Quote: Alchemist1 "If the club does decide to stick with him and that does seem the case certainly for this year he needs a mcdermott or kear to help him out for sure'"

Do you think that Chester who I think as now been an head coach about 6 years would have someone to come in and basically sort him out, to me that sends a message out to every club that he’s not an head coach cause he can’t make the right decisions. Any suggestion of that would probably see him walk away imo

616 posts in 42 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
616 posts in 42 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.0849609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford - Away
hull2524
17m
Leigh h
Trainman
30m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
31m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
31m
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
33m
Rumours thread
FIL
37m
Stadium and other issues
FIL
49m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
Recent
Horne Out
AdamH
Recent
Salford Hold On To Beat Unlucky Hull FC
RLFANS News
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV games not Wire
karetaker
22s
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
26s
Horne Out
AdamH
29s
Stadium and other issues
FIL
33s
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
34s
Salford - Away
hull2524
34s
Tonights game v Giants
Wire Weaver
34s
This site is crap
Philbetter
57s
Woeful performance against London
ploinerrhino
1m
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Salford Hold On To Beat Unlucky Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Rate My Takeaway
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Woeful performance against London
ploinerrhino
TODAY
Accountability
Murphy
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
Philbetter
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
The Biffs Ba
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,503 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Sydney
42-12
St.George
 FT
Hover 
Canberra
12-16
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
Wire W
10-32
Hudds W
 FT 
York V
44-0
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
 FT 
Newcastle
0-44
Workington
 FT 
Crusaders
18-32
Midlands
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Salford
22-20
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
 FT 
Dewsbury
16-20
Doncaster
 FT 
Featherstone
66-0
Whitehaven
 FT 
Swinton
24-12
Widnes
 FT 
Wakefield
34-12
Batley
 FT 
York
54-12
Barrow
       League One 2024-R14
 FT 
Keighley
20-20
Rochdale
 Thu 11th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
10:50
Dolphins
v
Souths
 Fri 12th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Leeds
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 7th Jul
SL
15:00
Salford22-20Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
15:00
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 7th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Sydney42-12St.George
NRL
LIVE
Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL
LIVE
Salford22-20Hull FC
CH
LIVE
Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH
LIVE
Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH
LIVE
Swinton24-12Widnes
CH
LIVE
Wakefield34-12Batley
CH
LIVE
York54-12Barrow
L1
LIVE
Newcastle0-44Workington
L1
LIVE
Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1
LIVE
Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024
LIVE
Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024
LIVE
York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
CH 14 Toulouse12-12Bradford
WSL2024 7 LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10