Mar 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

enquiries@rfl.uk.com

My email

To the Governing Body

As a rugby league supporter I find your actions (or rather lack of them) with regard to Wakefield Trinity Wildcats a complete and utter disgrace. You, the governing body, of 'the rugby league family' pass off a person (Andrew Glover) as fit and proper to run a rugby league club but then fail to do the paperwork thus making him unable to take control of the club when they need him most. It is now evident that the vultures are circling and picking the bones out of the carcass that is Wakefield Trinity Wildcats. Had the appropriate paperwork been completed then this struggling club would have been able to hold on to their prized assets and at least have a chance of competing with other teams in the league especially if a new owner has funds available for team strengthening. After the undoubted favouritism shown towards expansionist clubs such as Catalans London (Harlequins or whatever they call themselves nowadays) and the shambolic Crusaders you have in my opinion brought our once great game in to disrepute. Wakefield are a founder member club and it appears you are doing your best to destroy them. You along with SKY TV have ruined what our game was once all about, pride integrity and results, these things no longer matter.

Thank you for ruining my appetite of a once great sport.

I do not expect a reply as I suspect the truth hurts and I really don't think you care.
enquiries@rfl.uk.com

My email

To the Governing Body

As a rugby league supporter I find your actions (or rather lack of them) with regard to Wakefield Trinity Wildcats a complete and utter disgrace. You, the governing body, of 'the rugby league family' pass off a person (Andrew Glover) as fit and proper to run a rugby league club but then fail to do the paperwork thus making him unable to take control of the club when they need him most. It is now evident that the vultures are circling and picking the bones out of the carcass that is Wakefield Trinity Wildcats. Had the appropriate paperwork been completed then this struggling club would have been able to hold on to their prized assets and at least have a chance of competing with other teams in the league especially if a new owner has funds available for team strengthening. After the undoubted favouritism shown towards expansionist clubs such as Catalans London (Harlequins or whatever they call themselves nowadays) and the shambolic Crusaders you have in my opinion brought our once great game in to disrepute. Wakefield are a founder member club and it appears you are doing your best to destroy them. You along with SKY TV have ruined what our game was once all about, pride integrity and results, these things no longer matter.

I do not expect a reply as I suspect the truth hurts and I really don't think you care.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3830No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50836_1298143372.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50836.jpg

Quote: Uptoncat "enquiries@rfl.uk.com

My email

To the Governing Body

I do not expect a reply as I suspect the truth hurts and I really don't think you care.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Squadbuilder.........building a squad together:

Quote: Uptoncat "enquiries@rfl.uk.com

My email

To the Governing Body

I do not expect a reply as I suspect the truth hurts and I really don't think you care.'"

Excellent

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Sent mine in.

Don't expect it to make a blind bit of difference or for them to respond, too busy trying to be unavailable to meet to sign off Mr Glover as fit and proper

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3929No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish_PDT/PDT_Fish_01.png
:Fish_PDT/PDT_Fish_01.png

Added mine too.

Doubt it'll even be read by them, tbh, but it made me feel slightly better to vent.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to register my absolute disgust at your treatment of the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats. As it was announced on Friday by both Andrew Glover of West Yorkshire Windows, and the administrators themselves, O'Hara, that a deal had been concluded subject to a "fit and proper persons" test being signed off. Now since this test had been passed by Andrew Glover prior to his sale agreement with the administrators I, and mnay other rugby league fans, would be very interested to hear the cause of the delay in getting this deal signed off.

Comparing these events to the administration of Celtic Crusaders, it is impossible to conclude that there is anything at work other than favouritism. Not only have you outright denied WTWRLFC any help at all, you seem to have actively obstructed the sale process by ensuring it takes as long as possible. And your delays have allowed the administrators to sell off prize players - at the latest count three players have been sold and the Head of the Community department has also had to leave to take up a post elsewhere.

Now, considering that the Crusaders' debt was much larger than WTWRLFC's, and since we have repaid some of our debt by selling off players and have not had to take a loan from yourselves, I can only conclude that our points deduction will be much smaller than the Crusaders' and that the administration will count against us much less in the franchise application. I presume that this logic is not lost on you, as it is basic common sense. However, comsidering your actions and the way that they have aided in the dismemberment of the club, I can only conclude that your plan all along has been to deal as much damage to the club as possible, by simple result of your inaction.

I attended Millennium Magic this weekend, and found it to be an overall extremely enjoyable occasion. The worst part, however, was watching the match between Catalans Dragons and Harlequins. This was a game that really captured the imagination and interest of the crowd gathered within the stadium, as most (myself included) discovered that it was more interesting to wander aimlessly around cardiff than to watch this game. Still, at least the numerous fans from Harlequins and Catalans enjoyed their time and created a carnival atmosphere. I presume that is what they were doing sat around at home, as they were certainly nowhere to be seen in the stadium. Whilst I do not disagree with expansion as an idea, I would like to wish you the luck that you will so obviously need in bringing your plans to fruition - when 50% of the fixtures of each round are played out in a sterile atmosphere, with only home fans present, you shall be able ot sit back and admire the progress you have brought about.

It is truly ridiculous to see the noble game of rugby league robbed of all integrity. It was once a great sport for honest folk, but it seems it will sadly die as slow and painful a death as the Wakefield Wildcats are now enduring.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6731_1299024498.jpg
[quote="King Street Cat":1wa9s43t]Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.[/quote:1wa9s43t]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6731.jpg

That's absolutely embarrassing. The fact that your club is in the mire is nothing to do with any expansion clubs or the RFL and everything to do with the inept management of your club over the past few years. The fact that you have felt the need to blame expansion clubs is quite honestly a disgrace. Look in the mirror guys. I realise your current situation is not the fault of the fans, but sending error-strewn paranoid anti-expansion BS to the RFL isn't going to win you any sympathy from anyone.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: headhunter "That's absolutely embarrassing. The fact that your club is in the mire is nothing to do with any expansion clubs or the RFL and everything to do with the inept management of your club over the past few years. The fact that you have felt the need to blame expansion clubs is quite honestly a disgrace. Look in the mirror guys. I realise your current situation is not the fault of the fans, but sending error-strewn paranoid anti-expansion BS to the RFL isn't going to win you any sympathy from anyone.'"

No-one's 'blaming' the expansion clubs, rather, they're pointing out the blatant differences in the way expansion clubs are treated; the attack on the RFL is based on the fact that they could have dealt with Mr Glovers fit and proper person application as a priority issue, so he could conclude the deal with O'Hara's, thus avoiding the 'fire sale' that has ensued.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5762
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Quote: headhunter "That's absolutely embarrassing. The fact that your club is in the mire is nothing to do with any expansion clubs or the RFL and everything to do with the inept management of your club over the past few years. The fact that you have felt the need to blame expansion clubs is quite honestly a disgrace. Look in the mirror guys. I realise your current situation is not the fault of the fans, but sending error-strewn paranoid anti-expansion BS to the RFL isn't going to win you any sympathy from anyone.'"

Did you read what people of wrote, nobody blames expansionist clubs for Wakey's problems, that's firmly at the toes of Ted and you would know that if you read through the threads, there might be the odd one or two who say stupid things, but hey every clubs got those. But if you can't see how the RFL have done everything in their power to make sure you come out of the administration process, then there's no point. The RFL sent a team of guys down to help you through your problems, what have they done for Trinity, nothing. All they had to do is sign off on the 'fit and proper' forms for the new owner, but that's been delayed. Do you honestly think if Trinity still owned their stadium the RFL would have loaned us the money that they did you? At the end of the day the owners and directors of Trinity have ruined this club with mismanagement and poor business sense, end of.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6731_1299024498.jpg
[quote="King Street Cat":1wa9s43t]Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.[/quote:1wa9s43t]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6731.jpg

Quote: Shifty Cat "Did you read what people of wrote, nobody blames expansionist clubs for Wakey's problems, that's firmly at the toes of Ted and you would know that if you read through the threads, there might be the odd one or two who say stupid things, but hey every clubs got those. But if you can't see how the RFL have done everything in their power to make sure you come out of the administration process, then there's no point. The RFL sent a team of guys down to help you through your problems, what have they done for Trinity, nothing. All they had to do is sign off on the 'fit and proper' forms for the new owner, but that's been delayed. Do you honestly think if Trinity still owned their stadium the RFL would have loaned us the money that they did you? At the end of the day the owners and directors of Trinity have ruined this club with mismanagement and poor business sense, end of.'"
I appreciate you are upset, but why bring any other clubs into this? I'm not aware of the RFL lending money to anyone but each case of administration is different, and when people start making up lies about other clubs having 'far bigger' debts it doesn't achieve anything. I know it's an easy target to blame expansion clubs since they are the new guys and you might feel that they are invading and pushing you out, but really it's a pretty childish attitude to take. Despite what people might think, nobody wants to see any clubs go to the wall. The fact is that your club is obviously in serious financial trouble and in its current form is untenable. Crusaders were not in serious trouble, they entered administration for a brief period to manage debts from a previous regime, they were not looking for a new owner and were able to carry on trading through that time. This clearly isn't the case for Wakey. Crusaders suffered the punishment and lost a star player as a result, it's not as if they got off lightly in any way. And for the person who brought Harlequins and Catalans into it, that was just pathetic and uncalled for. I'm not a Crusaders fan FWIW. Just a well-wisher of the game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: headhunter "I'm not aware of the RFL lending money to anyone<snip>'"

Then you're not aware of all the facts that pertain to what's being discussed and as such, shoud probably keep your gob shut; apart from maybe apologising for your previous post.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg
[img:35roalt8]http://www.wedding-wonderful.co.uk/img/back-low.jpg[/img:35roalt8]:7368.jpg

Quote: "It is now evident that the vultures are circling and picking the bones out of the carcass that is Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.'"

Isn't this what you were guilty of when you signed Grix, Blanch and Wilkes from Widnes in 2007?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris B "Isn't this what you were guilty of when you signed Grix, Blanch and Wilkes from Widnes in 2007?'"
yes we was,

amazing how crap it feels when it happens to you icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach702No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40851_1279714534.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40851.jpg

Quote: Chris B "Isn't this what you were guilty of when you signed Grix, Blanch and Wilkes from Widnes in 2007?'"

Wasnt this at the end of the season though and not after the first game?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: headhunter "I appreciate you are upset, but why bring any other clubs into this? I'm not aware of the RFL lending money to anyone but each case of administration is different, and when people start making up lies about other clubs having 'far bigger' debts it doesn't achieve anything. I know it's an easy target to blame expansion clubs since they are the new guys and you might feel that they are invading and pushing you out, but really it's a pretty childish attitude to take. Despite what people might think, nobody wants to see any clubs go to the wall. The fact is that your club is obviously in serious financial trouble and in its current form is untenable. Crusaders were not in serious trouble, they entered administration for a brief period to manage debts from a previous regime, they were not looking for a new owner and were able to carry on trading through that time. This clearly isn't the case for Wakey. Crusaders suffered the punishment and lost a star player as a result, it's not as if they got off lightly in any way. And for the person who brought Harlequins and Catalans into it, that was just pathetic and uncalled for. I'm not a Crusaders fan FWIW. Just a well-wisher of the game.'"

Sorry but your talking crap. If Crusaders were not in serious trouble how did they manage to rack up debts of over 2m including 700k to the RFL for assistance they gave them (which has subsequently being converted into what appears to be an interest free loan which effectively guarantees their SL future). I am sure that their creditors could have received a far better deal had O'haras sold Witt, Sammut and Withers to name a few.

The club has effectively had 3 different identities in 3 years and is now only just outside the RL heartlands.

We all accept Ted Richardson has brought us to our knees, but the RFL with their blatant double standards appear determined to strike the final blow.

So say what you like, but I and many others are entitled to be annoyed about the favouritism to a club that has been around for less than 10 years, whilst one over 130 years old is left to rot

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg

I think the circumstances were different to a certain degree in that you were already in the championship (or whatever it was called at the time) and undoubtedly these players would have left anyway. THe way things are going we are going to be left with a Championship squad trying to compete week in week out in SL and the main reason now appears to be that the RFL can't get their act together and provide written confirmation that the new owner is fit and proper, which is something they had already confirmed verbally.

52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.853515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Wollo-Wollo-
3m
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
LeythIg
7m
Whitehaven
Wollo-Wollo-
8m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m
Film game
Wanderer
13m
Hudds
RfE
25m
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
31m
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
57m
Max
PopTart
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Saints h
Zig
13s
Max
PopTart
14s
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
14s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Armavinit
17s
Hull KR H
MattyB
18s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
krisleeds
19s
2024 Disciplinary
Jack Burton
23s
Salford H
Dave K.
25s
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
41s
Recruitment rumours and links
Howfenwire
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +23,331 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20