FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Totally off topic but........
299 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
International Star5048
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Quote: steadygetyerboots-on "Yeah. Someone should tell him that's your job!'"

Any quotes or examples

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Bigboff "Yes ,children will be cleaning chimneys out,working pregnant women sacked and the minimum wage abolished.

There is one reason and one reason only I'm out,the fear of East European bricklayers walking on site willing to work for half the wage I earn.
Yes ,it's a small minded "Im all right jack attitude " in the bigger picture ,but that's life.
I suppose it doesn't matter anyway,because all building will cease if we leave because of the recession'"

The irony of your situation is that, without the population growth (largely from European migrants), there would be no house building going on.
The massive shortage in housing in due to population growth and of course, the lack of social housing due, to the council house sell off and lack of and meaningful replacement housing being built.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: The Avenger "Maybe you should read the whole thread before being sanctimonious and condescending to anyone who doesn't share your version of the "facts"'"

You may not appreciate his tone, but they're not his version of the facts - they're just facts.

It seems that since the economic argument has been well and truly lost, this referendum will be decided on immigration, which is sad, because it's a much bigger issue than that; and the 2 magical solutions put forward by the Leave campaign are incompatible - yes, Brexit will stop the free movement of people, but to continue to trade with Europe, we'll have to allow it anyway.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5048
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg

The economic argument certainly isn't lost.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ealth.html

An interesting read, but here's some bullet points:

The Commonwealth (remember them) Trading block is the fastest growing of its type in the world yet we are held back from forging trade links with them by being members of the EU.

The EU is the world's only declining trade block.

Reports from the The Office of National Statistics show we now export more to countries outside of Europe than to countries inside Europe

According to World Economics, in 2013 the Commonwealth economy overtook the Eurozone's.

The IMF forecasts that by 2019 the Commonwealth will have overtaken the EU contributing 17.7 per cent to the world’s output compared with the EU’s 15.3 per cent.

The Commonwealth also has far more favourable demographic figures.

Continental Europe is in long term economic decline. Presently, the EU28 countries amount to only 19 percent of world Gross Domestic Product (GDP) -- the most common measurement of economic strength. Meanwhile the Commonwealth is only slightly behind on 16 percent, the difference being that the Commonwealth is the fastest growing.

By 2025 the Commonwealth will have surpassed the EU, more importantly, the Commonwealth has a population of over 2 billion people, 4 times the population of the EU!

The Economic argument is far far from lost!

Then there's the 'five eyes' countries that make up the Anglosphere
The economic argument certainly isn't lost.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ealth.html

An interesting read, but here's some bullet points:

The Commonwealth (remember them) Trading block is the fastest growing of its type in the world yet we are held back from forging trade links with them by being members of the EU.

The EU is the world's only declining trade block.

Reports from the The Office of National Statistics show we now export more to countries outside of Europe than to countries inside Europe

According to World Economics, in 2013 the Commonwealth economy overtook the Eurozone's.

The IMF forecasts that by 2019 the Commonwealth will have overtaken the EU contributing 17.7 per cent to the world’s output compared with the EU’s 15.3 per cent.

The Commonwealth also has far more favourable demographic figures.

Continental Europe is in long term economic decline. Presently, the EU28 countries amount to only 19 percent of world Gross Domestic Product (GDP) -- the most common measurement of economic strength. Meanwhile the Commonwealth is only slightly behind on 16 percent, the difference being that the Commonwealth is the fastest growing.

By 2025 the Commonwealth will have surpassed the EU, more importantly, the Commonwealth has a population of over 2 billion people, 4 times the population of the EU!

The Economic argument is far far from lost!

Then there's the 'five eyes' countries that make up the Anglosphere

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain903
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74356_1721602612.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74356.jpg

Quote: bren2k "You may not appreciate his tone, but they're not his version of the facts - they're just facts.

It seems that since the economic argument has been well and truly lost, this referendum will be decided on immigration, which is sad, because it's a much bigger issue than that; and the 2 magical solutions put forward by the Leave campaign are incompatible - yes, Brexit will stop the free movement of people, but to continue to trade with Europe, we'll have to allow it anyway.'"

Britain has always had immigration, but we used to have control of it and our own destiny. it was not a problem. now we have no control over immigration from the EU countries, the rules means free movement of people across the EU,and this includes the millions from all over the world who are travelling to Europe and eventually getting rights to settle and gain EU citizenship,that is the problem. if we stay in the EU we have no say who comes in. vote Leave and we are in charge of our own destiny. the currency [Euro] is not fit for purpose it just suits mainly the German and French economies,a lot of the southern EU countries are struggling with high unemployment and goverment debt because of how it works. the EU and its currency is a failing and sinking ship. as for the economy of the UK, we are the fifth largest economy in the world, we buy from and sell to nations all over the world, do you seriously think that other countries will stop buying goods from us that we have sold to them for decades,a lot of them well known established brand names.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1196
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".:

Quote: The Avenger "I prefer

'The Brinbreds''"

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Avenger "The economic argument certainly isn't lost.

Ah the old flawed commonwealth argument. Farage claims we could trade with them instead and not need a trade agreement with Europe. It's a complete fallacy, even the official leave campaign (of which he isn't part) doesn't agree with him. Lets take 3 of the bigger countries, ones that also happen to be part of the Anglosphere, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Put them all together and their combined population is lower than that of the UK and their collective GDP is just 15% higher than the UK. There just isn't the room for growth there that will fill the gap of the loss of trade from the EU. As for trading with the likes of growing economies like India the EU and other countries have been arranging trade deals with them for 7 years and counting, just like they have with Canada. We would be starting from scratch and would way down the list of priorities, just like we would for any if the trade agreements needed with other countires.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5048
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg

Like the way you ignored all the facts in my post, also that you ignored India and, well, the rest of the world as places we could trade with if only we weren't prevented from doing so by the EU.

I'll have a look at democracy and governance next!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Avenger "Like the way you ignored all the facts in my post, also that you ignored India and, well, the rest of the world as places we could trade with if only we weren't prevented from doing so by the EU.

I'll have a look at democracy and governance next!'"

Certain irony you accusing someone of ignoring facts! Firstly we already trade with the commonwealth countries through the existing EU trade agreement, so we start again there. In the meantime we are on the outer. You'll see i mentioned india and the time it would take to arrange a trade deal, or did you just ignore that as well. And remember with younger growing economies they often peak early, over expand and fall back quickly, it carries much more economic risk that dealing with established economies. China are a prime example if this, as are places like indonesia. As for all the other countries we are apparently prevented from trading with, the only ones we are are the countries with such lovely attributes of high levels of corruption and human rights abuse. If we are happy to deal with contries who deal in child labour, worker abuse and mass embezzlement and have no itention of changing then yes i suppose we could. Personally i would like to think that as a country we have higher moral standards than that. Still maybe part of the trade agreements would be a freedom of movement between those countries so they could improve their lives over here?

RankPostsTeam
International Star5048
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg

Britain saw a near 34% rise in exports to India, 31.2% to South Africa, 30% to Australia, 18.3% to Canada in the last 2 years alone.
The Commonwealth contains at least seven of the fastest-growing global Countries/economies.

In an ideal world we'd be able to trade with both and as you say we possibly could if we remain in the EU and the EU strikes a trade agreement with the Commonwealth. Unfortunately as with most things EU it won't be an agreement that suits the UK but rather it will suit France & Germany etc. and we'll have to accept the terms whatever they may be.

Beyond that the TTIP agreement will further marginalise our interests.

We have the 5th largest economy in the world and there are enough trade partners out there for us to negotiate our own deals. We don't need to be part of the EU which isn't the utopia the ins are portraying it to be, it's failing and shrinking.

Furthermore, I'm unsure whether Westminster knows how to govern Yorkshire, they certainly don't represent me or my interests, so I'm bloody well sure that being governed more and more by Brussels isn't what I want or need. I certainly don't want to see our sovereignty pick pocketed away by self serving Eurocrats and corrupt politicians who are making decisions based on hew best to feather their own post political career nests.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

The last time I looked at this thread was on my mobile which doesn't have the ad blocker installed. Ironically there was a sponsored advert for the EU referendum from Richard Branson asking us to vote IN. Thanks for that multi-billionaire Richard, you're really on my level and I feel totally connected with you while you send emails from your own private island.

If us minions are going to be told how to vote, please don't take the loving mickey out of us!

Both sides are guilty of not telling the truth but I get the feeling the IN crowd have way more to lose than anyone else and they couldn't give a about the rest of us so long as they get the result that's best for them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1196
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".:

Quote: The Avenger "Like the way you ignored all the facts in my post, also that you ignored India and, well, the rest of the world as places we could trade with if only we weren't prevented from doing so by the EU.

I'll have a look at democracy and governance next!'"

I like the way you ignore that i was able to find, quite easily, something you thought I wouldn't.
One thing is clear though and that's that you're not interested in debate; only winning an argument. You've made your mind up and seem to struggle to cope with anyone who doesn't see it exactly how you do.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10459
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

I think most people have by now made up their mind which way to vote. Since day 1 no amount of scaremongering by the fat cats of big business and banking has made me any less certain that for the longer term good of both the UK and more importantly my offspring then it has to be leave.
I'm sure those who want the country to continue in it's down wood spiral away from being an independent nation (for whatever reason?) won't be swayed either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46371.jpg
:46371.jpg

The EU has its own plan for its future. An ever closer union to create an effective one nation of europe, and a single currency in the euro. All the main players are signed up to the plan.

We are not taken seriously by the EU because we are not signed up to the plan, despite the huge amount of money coming from this country.

In reality this is not an In or Out referendum, more of an Out or continue to hang off the side of the EU.

The options really should be

IN and sign up fully to the plan and actually get some power within the EU

OUT and go it alone.

But not

REMAIN ie. Limp along in the no mans land as we do now.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10459
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

Quote: captaincaveman "The EU has its own plan for its future. An ever closer union to create an effective one nation of europe, and a single currency in the euro. All the main players are signed up to the plan.

We are not taken seriously by the EU because we are not signed up to the plan, despite the huge amount of money coming from this country.

In reality this is not an In or Out referendum, more of an Out or continue to hang off the side of the EU.

The options really should be

IN and sign up fully to the plan and actually get some power within the EU

OUT and go it alone.

But not

REMAIN ie. Limp along in the no mans land as we do now.'"

For a German your English is very good.

299 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
299 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3935546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
Rumours thread
Wildmoggy
1m