JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "'Can all potentially' doesn't mean, ready to go in Super League unfortunately.
If Brough doesn't play our organisation is going to be reduced significantly. Miller and Hampshire are good players but this skill is not their best.
If we lost Brough for a significant time I think we'd need to bring a loan signing in if we wanted to maintain our top 5 wish.'"

Quite right, Broughy's legs might not be as quick as they used to be, but his brain still is.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Eastern Wildcat "For me, the one with the need to prove himself,is Danny Brough.'"

I'm not sure what Broughy has to prove to anyone in RL, let alone you; he's been one of the best HB's of his generation, and has played at the top level of the domestic game for almost 20 years. He isn't as quick as he once was - but who is?

For me, CC and the club have a job of work now, to transition him out of the role he currently plays, into one that better suits the fact that whilst the mind and spirit are willing, the flesh is weak(er); and that means deciding who will pick up the role of playmaker, and gradually easing them in, so that Broughy can be eased out. I'm not sure either Rocky or Miller have that skillset - they're both runners for me - but that's another issue.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

Quote: bren2k "I'm not sure what Broughy has to prove to anyone in RL, let alone you; he's been one of the best HB's of his generation, and has played at the top level of the domestic game for almost 20 years. He isn't as quick as he once was - but who is?

For me, CC and the club have a job of work now, to transition him out of the role he currently plays, into one that better suits the fact that whilst the mind and spirit are willing, the flesh is weak(er); and that means deciding who will pick up the role of playmaker, and gradually easing them in, so that Broughy can be eased out. I'm not sure either Rocky or Miller have that skillset - they're both runners for me - but that's another issue.'"

I'd be getting Broughy at 2nd receiver more than he was last year. Get someone to take it to the line, find Broughy and let him pick out a marauding forward hitting the edges.

Hes obviously lost a yard of pace, but watching the SL Super Tries thing that was on, we were on it quite a bit and Brough did some great tracking runs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3642
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

I agree that he has been one of the best halves halves around in the past 10 years or so.

However, I did state in my earlier point Bren, that it could well have been his injury last year, or the injuries to others, but at times he didn't look anything like what hes capable of.

It may well be, that if he and others around him stay fit, them we might just see that class.

I also said that prior to him coming back, that in the latter half of 2018, Rocky and Hampshire looked to be working well together.

It also didn't help, with the thoughts on Broughie of sin binning in the two opening rounds of the season

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: Fishermanscap "No, we don't. Josh Wood, Miller and Hampshire can all potentially run a game, however we chose to let Danny do it because for nearly 20 years he's been better at it than almost anybody. If he's 'past it' then the others get their chance in due course, that's how team building works.'"
danny Brough as been an half decent player over the years, no one can take that away from him and maybe if his temperament had been better a top club would of taken him and he would of had an even better career.
My take on him now is that his legs have gone, the right side was more or less blunt in attack the stats show this, lynn 6T, DB 2T tang 1T and bishop 8 with rocky setting up some of these. It’s not bagging him it’s just age that he can’t do what he could, he receives the ball the opposition know he’s not going to run with it so they just hold and it’s easy to defend. Brough still as a good brain and if you play him we must get him into the areas he can do damage in the 20 where he can be crafty with his kicks. His last season at shudds they seem to keep Brough and Gaskell out of it till the 30 then moved it through the hands at pace not off a prop round the back where he’s getting slower ball. As for organising the game Is so robotic it’s run to that blade of grass to get to that I think the hooker as more organising these days.

Moving on to rocky if your playing Brough and miller at half then rocky has to play at 1 he has too much pace to leave out and was our most potent attacker along with toupo before he got injured. If the team can create him the space hel run them in, inside balls little chips to break it up it might not always work but it creates space out wide then. If he plays half then I’d let the other half organise and let Ryan play wider and use his pace quite simply he can cause damage.
We’ve got some quality backs and I think if they’re used properly and not like battering rams we might get more product, interesting how TJ and BT come back.
I think if the forwards stick their hands up have a big dig and not come off after 20 mins we could go ok add to this a change of style of play to suit us and who knows.

41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.27294921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 17 Warrington Away
christopher
30m
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
35m