JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2012Jan 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For me the telling point is how much the performance of players improves after they leave Trinity and work under other coaches. Take Millard and Blanch and to a lesser extent Jeffries this season.We all saw the video of "magic millard" when he played in Australia but he was not allowed to show his undoubted talents in our coaching set-up. Now at Catalans he is showing exactly what we missed.In previous seasons we have released players such as Grix, Atkins,Griffin and others who have gone on to be better players, they can't all be coincidences !

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13706
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: vastman "No he's not alone, however losing games is acceptable, losing by 70 suggests things have gone too far. This team is better than that.'"

Indeed. We all knew this team would lose far more than they would win, that was a given. I suspect most fans can stomach a loss. Losing by 50 odd points to an on fire Warrington, St Helens or Wigan is something as supporters we can reason with, however disappointed we feel. Losing by 20 odd points to a team in 12th position, 30 odd points to a team in 8th, and 50 odd points to a team in 11th is much harder to accept, notwithstanding the absolute dire tactics the current team are employing, which leads to speculation the current set of players are not able to play anything more than 5 drives and a kick, which frankly, I think they would find insulting, particularly the ones who have come through the Wigan and St Helens academies.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: TRB "What I do now believe is that we have removed any remaining obstacles in the way of the RFL having us removed from SL by 1, performing so poorly as to not even compete (how does that benefit the game at all?) and 2, by signing poor, over the hill overseas players and removing the one reason that would have allowed to get away with our poor performances - namely that we were investing in game time in a new generation of home-grown players.

I believe that in the above we have signed our own death warrant!
I don't agree - that seems to be to a rather dramatic sentiment; the RFL will not make a decision to remove us from SL because of the signing of Jarrad Hickey and Semi Tadulala. The Red Hall bods may not command much respect amongst the RL public (myself included) but even they wouldn't want a club owner to bankrupt himself for the sake of making expensive signings within months of the franchise decision.

We're spinning plates until July and the RFL know that.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: bren2k "I don't agree - that seems to be to a rather dramatic sentiment; the RFL will not make a decision to remove us from SL because of the signing of Jarrad Hickey and Semi Tadulala. The Red Hall bods may not command much respect amongst the RL public (myself included) but even they wouldn't want a club owner to bankrupt himself for the sake of making expensive signings within months of the franchise decision.

We're spinning plates until July and the RFL know that.'"

I hope you are right! icon_razz.gifRAY:

J.T
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3662_1306065880.jpg
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote] [quote="vastman"] honest to god your like a big and not very bright child. [/quote] [quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"] You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of Europe's major cities.[/quote] BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3662.jpg

Quote: TRB "

What I do now believe is that we have removed any remaining obstacles in the way of the RFL having us removed from SL by 1, performing so poorly as to not even compete (how does that benefit the game at all?) and 2, by signing poor, over the hill overseas players and removing the one reason that would have allowed to get away with our poor performances - namely that we were investing in game time in a new generation of home-grown players.

I believe that in the above we have signed our own death warrant!
Really? We are lucky there were still any obstacles to be removed in all honesty. Despite hitting administration at the very start of the season, despite picking up players who couldn't get a game anywhere else in Super League we have still managed to put a few points on the board and are still not at the bottom of the pile. I reckon that says more about our ability to 'compete' than anything else. Given the number of young British players in our squad/team I'm sure we can be forgiven a couple of dodgy overseas signings most teams have at least that many.

If the death warrant has indeed already been signed it was signed long before the above happened.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: J.T "Really? We are lucky there were still any obstacles to be removed in all honesty. Despite hitting administration at the very start of the season, despite picking up players who couldn't get a game anywhere else in Super League we have still managed to put a few points on the board and are still not at the bottom of the pile. I reckon that says more about our ability to 'compete' than anything else. Given the number of young British players in our squad/team I'm sure we can be forgiven a couple of dodgy overseas signings most teams have at least that many.

If the death warrant has indeed already been signed it was signed long before the above happened.'"

Oh I don't doubt that the grave was dug by others as it turned out.

233 posts in 17 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
233 posts in 17 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.51220703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent