FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Keighley Cougars > Cougars minted after Warrington match.?
19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Star111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif

Why would anyone from the club state something as stupid as this- it's really made me angry - I don't mind paying a bit extra as we are going to see one of the best teams in the world play our best team- but makes me wonder what the chairman is thinking of making such comments a026.gif

Views and Comments please

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach163No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39582.jpg
:39582.jpg

Not a fan of the man at all. He talks absolute rubbish sometimes.
Friday's headline was just about right for him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus:46524.jpg

I don't get this comment at all.

Surely anyone with any kind of business acumen would realise that the more money you reveal you have the weaker your negotiating position becomes.

In the long term this could make it harder to sign players.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

I have not seen the statement you mention in the title but I think this makes reasonable readinghttp://www.keighleycougars.com/?p

Seems fair enough to me.

RankPostsTeam
International Star111No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Animal.gif

The comment/statement was in the Keighley News last week.

A lot of the the fans were saying on Sunday only person to be minted after the Warrington match will be a certain person not the club! Which doesn't really surprise me at all

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

Quote: Pickled onion "The comment/statement was in the Keighley News last week.'"

Stopped buying it yonks ago, it's a Bradford rag with a Keighley logo that has a couple of Journo's who think it's the Sun. About as reliable as a political manifesto.

Quote: Pickled onion "A lot of the the fans were saying on Sunday only person to be minted after the Warrington match will be a certain person not the club! Which doesn't really surprise me at all'"

I thought we were set up as a "not for profit" organisation so I'm not so sure how any one person could benefit.

I don't think the "fat one" has anything to do with the club anymore, apart from walking around like he still owns the place icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Think it was the Keighley News that had that as heading for that piece don't think he actually made that comment.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Mr Fawcetts true colours are creeping through and will continue to do so that i am 100% sure, can anyone recall any publicity seen like this by any other championship club or even a super league club because i can't and these other clubs for the past years have had many a big game. In my opinion to boast the club is going to be minted is totally stupid and even if that wasn't mr Fawcetts words he still managed to boast the game would make around £60,000 and once shared if anywhere near that figure the club looks to bank around £30,000 which is huge for the club.

I just wonder how much of that will go on the club and not back in a certain directors pockets, i don't know about anyone else but i am sick of hearing him speak about the cost of bringing these players to the club as he has done again on the website trying to explain his pricing for the warrington game. It has been made clear from the start that the with thanks to the community team and sporting chance we have managed to bring these players to the club and if im right in saying both these organisations have nothing to do with the directors of the club. Without these players such as korki, obst, tom and brendan having jobs with these organisations the club would not have been able to bring these players in and as it has been pointed out on the site without jd i am sure players like semi, korki, obst, march and maybe a few others would not have put on a cougar shirt.

I agree jd is the best thing that has happened to the club in years and he is going to be a very successful coach one day in super league i am sure but what worries me is the end of the season, jd has come to the club and got us promoted in his first season then if we manage to finish high up in the playoffs this season plus get far in the nrc can we really see him been at the club next season. yes some might say its premature worrying about this now but the season will soon have come and gone. it is obviously going to cost us more in keeping him next season because of the success he has had with us and im sure other clubs will want him especially as he has proven the links and contacts he carries.

one last moan which is an obvious one before anyone decides to spend £20.00 on a ticket for the stand on the warrington game, on the website our chairman has clearly stated that anyone who chooses to pay £20.00 and go in the stand for this game will also be entitled to use the vip bar and could get a chance to rub shoulders with the stars as this is a players bar. Now correct me if im wrong the vip can surely only get 50-70 people in there and that would be very tight, so you have the main stand that will seat im guessing around 400-600 people and don't forget in with the £20.00 you get the vip bar. ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach239
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g7.gif
:Others/g7.gif

Doesn't anybody give a guy a chance on here. I don't see anyone else trying to promote the club. I think we all suffer from foot in mouth disease at times(including the media). If Gary is not genuine the goodness of time will tell as has transpired with other role holders at the club. If anyone can do a better job, then volunteer your services (thick skin required). Why not get behind the team (the best one in a number of years). If you can find better value then spend it elsewhere accordingly. It seems to me if you put yourself up for such roles there will be always some out there who will shoot you down(often without foundation or anything better to do with their time).

RankPostsTeam
International Star63No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65080_1323278097.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65080.jpg

The club is heading in the right direction although there appears to be/ have been directors that do not grasp how much money can be generated by the club outside of pitch and match day activities, Gary Fawcett is not one of these directors.
Lets note that there are now regular marketing e-mails being issued, JD's pre and post match e-mails. A culture of lethargy and lack of process which existed previously is difficult to reverse. I am confident that the club are taking actions to ensure that off the pitch results mirror the success we are having on it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4064
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2940_1318161088.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2940.gif

I really hope you get a good attendance for this.

Unfortunately, the Challenge Cup, does not seem to be as well supported as it used to be especially in the early rounds.

When we played Bradford last year at The Shay we hoped for a near capacity crowd. We got 5,045 and that's when we are about 7 miles apart and the Bulls ST (which is virtually everyone)holders all got in for nowt! (which isn't the case this year)

RankPostsTeam
International Star104No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB185.gif
:cartoons/WB185.gif

Could not agree with you more avebullswon,I am sick and tired of people knocking Gary Fawcett,he is just 1 guy in a team of people who are trying to build the Cougars back up,many of them unpaid volunteers who give up there time for the love of the club,have a close look round the ground,slowly the years of neglect are being put right it wont happen over night but it is happening.On the pitch we have what looks like the best team since the 90s,and as for the coach don't think I need to say anything on that.But yet are we happy,No it appears not,come on fans be positive.In a few weeks we are playing a world class side at home in one of the greatest and most famous cup competitions in the world,for me sport doesn't get any better.
PS.I got my ticket today, while there I ran into a guy with a paint brush, sprucing the place up, unpaid volunteer I thought,no,how about paid workmen,no, guess what it was the much hated Mr Fawcett,I even had the nerve to ask him about the infamous "MINTED" quote guess what he never said it not even close.You all should no better the Keighley News is a rag printed and written in Bradford and only fit for land fill.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3222No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Diego.gif
[url:w48v2ohn]http://www.keighleycougars.info/c.do?category=110[/url:w48v2ohn]:fonds blancs/Diego.gif

I don't agree with everything he says, but I'm happier with him in charge tham what went before.

Perhaps he should be supported a little bit more.

Nothing wrong at all with those admission charges for the Warrington game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus:46524.jpg

Quote: true brit "Think it was the Keighley News that had that as heading for that piece don't think he actually made that comment.'"

To be fair that's how it came across when I read the story and not just the headline.

Just reaffirmed why I don't buy the Keighley News, it is a terrible paper.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60371_1317292228.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60371.jpg

The Keighley Cougars is a Rugby league team AND a business , It has to make money to survive , Fact.
The prices for the Warrington game may seem high but when you think about it the Keighley Cougars Have to make as much money as possible from this game , If it is putting the club in a better financial position then so be it.
It is a one off price for a very special game and at the end of the day either pay it or don't , no-one is being forced to attend. Personally I think the prices are reasonable for the calibre of the players we will see playing that day.

Most important of all though....... stop bl**dy moaning and get yersens down for the most important game for a long while !!!

COUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGARS icon_biggrin.gif

19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
19 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3427734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM