Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00042.gif
2nd Place Is The 1st Loser:disney/00042.gif

Quote: Mr Hicks "The club need to take a full involvement with every age group and give free entry to the ground on matchdays as it used to be.
quote]

Kids from the local amateur teams do get free entry on matchdays

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1594No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2015Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g7.gif
:Others/g7.gif

Excellent post with lots of information and content,thanks Dean.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Keighley Cougar Prowlers Girls rugby league team have held tournaments at South Craven School for the last two seasons. This has enabled the girls to have teams from as far away as Hull to come and play. All age groups catered for from Under 12's, under 14's and Under 16's. These have been a great event and all clubs who came have said what a great venue. This has been done with the help of Dean and Tom. The reason for not having it at cougar park is because they are limited to only one pitch, but venues are out there if you look around.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1380No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10501.gif
Beauty is only skin deep But UGLY goes right down to the bone:10501.gif

Quote: cougardean "Hello All.

I would like to say that this statement is incorrect. '"

Dean,

Please elaborate, which part of Mr Hicks statement is incorrect?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hi BOB,

The piece that was incorrect was in regard to the club not wanting the Cubs 18s to play at cougar park. We wanted to put in place a deal to suit all. Which has happened. We did want them to play here and they are doing so.
Hopefully that clears up any confusion.

"When Cougarmania was at its hieght there was age groups ranging from U8s right the way through"
There are age goups playing all the way through however not based at one club. As stated above it is split between albion and cubs. However I agree in a perfect world we would have 2 full clubs with all age groups.

Yours in Sport

Dean

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1380No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10501.gif
Beauty is only skin deep But UGLY goes right down to the bone:10501.gif

Thanks Dean,

To avoid any further confusion the current state of the Under 18s is as follows.

At a meeting with Graham Kemp and Jason Demetriou the Cubs were informed of two issues.

The first being that Jason was concerned with the state of the pitch at Cougar Park and that he wanted as few games as possible played there to allow the first team an adequate surface to play expansive rugby. Ideally he would have liked the Cubs to have played elsewhere but a compromise was suggested when the Cubs agreed to allow Cougars to train on their pitch at Utley therefore relieving wear and tear on their own pitch and that the Cubs would not play every home game at Cougar Park. It was agreed that we would aim to play at least 50% of them there.

This then lead onto the second issue. Graham stated that each home game costs the Cougars money to stage and that he wasn't prepared to finance any loss making arrangements. He was adamant that he would not open Cougar Park just to stage a Cubs game. To this end we are trying to re-arrange home fixtures to coincide with Cougars home fixtures and to play "curtain closers". I.e. the opposite of curtain raisers. These games would be played after the Cougars games allowing for a more economical use of facilities and a better experience for the players and spectators. These negotiations are ongoing.

As I write, with the National Youth League season starting on Sunday, there has not yet been any Under 18s fixture confirmed for Cougar Park, though we are confident that there soon will be. Your assertion that a deal has already been agreed is news to me[size (actually it's not true)[/size.

As for your other comment, I cannot speak on any authority regarding Keighley Albion but as far as I'm aware they do not run Under 8s or 9s and as alluded to by Mr Hicks, although the Cubs do have teams at 13s, 15s, 16s, 17s and 18s, they all struggle for numbers. If you read the Keighley News report for the Under 18s magnificent win at Leigh East last Sunday you will read that they travelled with 13 players.

In my opinion, if a problem is to be solved we need to first recognise that there is a problem.
[i
In view of some feedback I have received from Jason and Graham I would like to clarify the following points.

It was Jasons idea to have the Cougars train at Utley, not the Cubs.

Graham is not saying that "he wont open Cougar Park, just to stage a Cubs game" as I stated. He is saying that if games go ahead they must not come with a financial cost to the Cougars. He is not saying that they can't play there, he is saying that the cost of the games must be met by the Cubs. I apologise to him for any misunderstanding that was construed from my comments.

I have been in lengthy discussions with Jason and there is a possibility that we can stage 5 or 6 curtain closures, subject to agreement with the opposition, (another innovative idea). That leaves the Cubs with the task of funding a few home games themselves. The fact that these have not yet been arranged is not the fault of either party.

My last comment regarding the "problem" refers to the last paragraph only and not the under 18s.

[/i
icon_biggrin.gifOH: And to think, I only posted "to avoid any further confusion". This will be my last comment on the matter on here until a solution has been found.

Bob Gillard
Cougar Cubs Club Secretary (17 years served)

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.82470703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
15m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
15m