Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Don't agree with your sarcasm Jackdog!
We have a fully fit squad with only Manfredi missing.
Players like Sam T and Farrell have had a full pre season that they've not had for years. Hopefully the move of Clubb to 8 will be the change needed to bring about the improvement we need from out props.
We have as good a squad as any in SL and better than most.
I'm looking forward to the new season. A top four finish and a trophy in 2018.
Will be at Salford!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20244No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Time to get behind the team and the coach. I’ve been as critical as anyone of the style but I feel that is going to change this year.

They deserve a chance to prove the doubters wrong.

This squad is capable of challenging on all fronts.

Time to back this club and it’s players.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Another Fantastic jackdog Post - Whoopppeee!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Good to see some positivity from FT and Jonh, bring it on!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1905
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
75893_1553638551.jpg
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_75893.jpg

Quote: Father Ted "Don't agree with your sarcasm Jackdog!
We have a fully fit squad with only Manfredi missing.
Players like Sam T and Farrell have had a full pre season that they've not had for years. Hopefully the move of Clubb to 8 will be the change needed to bring about the improvement we need from out props.
We have as good a squad as any in SL and better than most.
I'm looking forward to the new season. A top four finish and a trophy in 2018.
Will be at Salford!'"

I agree, looking forward to 2018

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Bigredwarrior "Good to see some positivity from FT and Jonh, bring it on!!'"

I've done my best not to respond over the last 2/3 months to a lot of the negativity especially a lot of the Unnecessary & IMO Agenda driven/Twisting the clubs words etc. stuff.

I've seen a little bit more positivity this last week or so and even some of the criticism has in some instances at least had a more rational critique about it which has been good.

I can't wait for Sunday & The season to start!
Excited about Props
Clubb - Lets hope we can get 25/30 games out of him because he's terrific to watch (with enough rotation rest as needed not flogged due to injuries as has happened last 2 years)
Flower - Great to have him back - Possibly the biggest loss for me last year after his injury
FPN - Didn't set the world alight - But I think him & Sutton carried the front row through 4 months of injury hell last year - Lets hope fewer injuries lead to more "Impact" from Frank
Sutton - Don't get some of the criticism of him about last year - I and a few others had him in Top 3 players last year all things considered - Played a big amount of games, lets hope more bodies, more impact.
Tataui - Need a return to late 2016 form - More completion so hopefully we get a response.

Tommy L - Really looking forward to seeing how he goes at 9 over a full season - How he and Powell/Ganson work will be a big key to what we achieve

Back Row
Faz - Full pre-season under his belt will do him good after a few injuries last 2 years - Still one of our 3 Main players for me
Bateman - Need I say more - You know wwat you get with this fellow & yet he still surprises us
Joel T - Adds some Size which I think we need - Needs to be consistently fit though, career defining season for me.
Lockers - Lets enjoy him while we can - What a player he's been and still is

Add to the above we should have the following pushing :-
Escare - Glad to see some perspective recently - Performed well last year, lets give him time to get back up to speed and form will dictate if He plays, Sam moves to halves, Powell is used at 9 more
Marshall - Great Squad player to have in reserve - How many clubs would have someone as good as 4th choice Winger
Manfredi - Lets all wish him the Best & I just want to see him play again icon_sad.gif
Shorrocks/Higginson - Same as above really - Let's hope they gets back up to speed soon
Ganson - Lets hope he progresses like a lot think he can, he's not caught my eye personally but quite prepared to let him develop.

Bretherton/Navarette - Lets hope injuries & other issues are behind them and they put real pressure on out Props - Both Need Big Years
ISA - Not a Superstar - But 100% every time he plays, He'll do for me in and around the squad.
Hamlin - Let's wait and see - Excited to see what this lad has, My hope is we see him at 13 more than prop but we'll see.
Wells - Needs to push on now - Should be pushing for 15+ games this year - preferably for me from Bench

Liam Forsyth - needs to push on this year although I thought he did ok in patches last year when needed

Sorry to have gone on far too long

One Final thing though

I mentioned If Gildart had been a new signing the fans would be happier etc.

Wigan have took some stick in off season but we have to remember the "Youth" players brought through by the club and fully value their worth.
If We had to go out and Buy a Gildart, Burgess, Sutton, Shorrocks. Tom Davies, Wells, Marshall etc. it would cost us either in big transfers or inflated wages. yet I suspect the "Fans" would be happy as it would appear that the club was splashing the cash.
Well IMO they are splashing the cash, but they're doing it at the front end, investing in youth, investing in the future.

When these lads develop they renegotiate their contracts and when we then Improve their Pay due to advanced progression such as Williams/Gildart/Burgess/Sutton etc. in recent years we almost forget the clubs investment previously in them and I think some take these players for granted.
I've seen how Wire are being given credit for going out and signing new players and the fans are lapping it up, fair play to them, but I'm not sure going out every 2/3 years and paying big money/wages for players is the way to go as a Plan for the future? If these signings don't work out or get injured etc where is the infrastructure behind this plan?
Wigan are investing in these youngsters, they're rewarding these youngsters with Good 1st team money when necessary and for me these should be seen as signings, not taken for granted.

Anyway, onwards & upwards

WE ARE WIGAN - Come on! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach903
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16304_1526976105.jpg
[size=100:2md8k3b3][b:2md8k3b3]'Do you remember when we had that meeting in Orlando? We talked about how we were knocked out the previous year by Leeds. And at the end, I asked you one question. "Do you want to be a semi-final team? Or do you want to do something special?" You all said you wanted to win. But talking is easy – it needed you to believe. It needed you to work hard – harder than you had – and make sacrifices. You did all that. you worked for each other. You stuck together when it was tough. And because of your efforts, you sit here tonight as champions. I'm proud of you. Be proud of yourselves. You've done something special.' [color=red:2md8k3b3] Shaun Wane's post-Grand Final speech. 5th October 2013.[/color:2md8k3b3][/b:2md8k3b3][/size:2md8k3b3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16304.jpg

Quote: Jukesays "I've done my best not to respond over the last 2/3 months to a lot of the negativity especially a lot of the Unnecessary & IMO Agenda driven/Twisting the clubs words etc. stuff.

I've seen a little bit more positivity this last week or so and even some of the criticism has in some instances at least had a more rational critique about it which has been good.

I can't wait for Sunday & The season to start!
Excited about Props
Clubb - Lets hope we can get 25/30 games out of him because he's terrific to watch (with enough rotation rest as needed not flogged due to injuries as has happened last 2 years)
Flower - Great to have him back - Possibly the biggest loss for me last year after his injury
FPN - Didn't set the world alight - But I think him & Sutton carried the front row through 4 months of injury hell last year - Lets hope fewer injuries lead to more "Impact" from Frank
Sutton - Don't get some of the criticism of him about last year - I and a few others had him in Top 3 players last year all things considered - Played a big amount of games, lets hope more bodies, more impact.
Tataui - Need a return to late 2016 form - More completion so hopefully we get a response.

Tommy L - Really looking forward to seeing how he goes at 9 over a full season - How he and Powell/Ganson work will be a big key to what we achieve

Back Row
Faz - Full pre-season under his belt will do him good after a few injuries last 2 years - Still one of our 3 Main players for me
Bateman - Need I say more - You know wwat you get with this fellow & yet he still surprises us
Joel T - Adds some Size which I think we need - Needs to be consistently fit though, career defining season for me.
Lockers - Lets enjoy him while we can - What a player he's been and still is

Add to the above we should have the following pushing :-
Escare - Glad to see some perspective recently - Performed well last year, lets give him time to get back up to speed and form will dictate if He plays, Sam moves to halves, Powell is used at 9 more
Marshall - Great Squad player to have in reserve - How many clubs would have someone as good as 4th choice Winger
Manfredi - Lets all wish him the Best & I just want to see him play again Excellent post that's managed to get me a bit more excited for the season to start icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1979No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68548_1368547004.jpg
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68548.jpg

Quote: Jukesays "
Wigan have took some stick in off season but we have to remember the "Youth" players brought through by the club and fully value their worth.
If We had to go out and Buy a Gildart, Burgess, Sutton, Shorrocks. Tom Davies, Wells, Marshall etc. it would cost us either in big transfers or inflated wages. yet I suspect the "Fans" would be happy as it would appear that the club was splashing the cash.
Well IMO they are splashing the cash, but they're doing it at the front end, investing in youth, investing in the future.
'"

Good post and very well argued here. As you say Wigan's investment in youth is at least a sustainable plan rather than the Warrington way of just buying Aussie's who are quite literally here today and gone tomorrow (How much did the signings of Gidley and Sandow benefit that club?).

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7750
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Aboveusonlypie "Good post and very well argued here. As you say Wigan's investment in youth is at least a sustainable plan rather than the Warrington way of just buying Aussie's who are quite literally here today and gone tomorrow (How much did the signings of Gidley and Sandow benefit that club?).'"

Don't get me wrong. I know some see me as a happy clapper because I do try and be positive but I do think wigan have made some errors and certain things could be better.
However
When you look at 10 years and bear in mind it took 2 years to get us out of the previous mess (so I use 8 years) I don't think we've done too bad.
5 grand finals (3 wins), 3 cc (2wins) and a world club challenge win is pretty decent.
A youth structure every club in the Country would die for and pretty good long term outlook as a club financially and stability wise.

If that makes me a happy clapper then so be it but some of the stuff over the last 6months I've read on here has been ridiculous (the clubs symbolic, amateurish, personal attacks on coaches and administrators etc.).
It seems like wiganners like a good moan, I just don't think there's that many of them that do, they just seem to be the loudest and most constant with there opinions (maybe because it's far easier to criticise than be constructive) I just wish more. Of the happy chapters would out up a fight icon_wink.gif we won't attract new fans etc by constantly rubbishing everything.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5844
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper. Big Steve wrote: The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them. aboveusonlypie... If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.:icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Good post Juke...

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain571No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Excellent post Jukesays, must have plenty spare time on your hands to include so many big words but your points are valid. Some people are almost as happy if we lose somthey can have a good old fashioned skrike about it. Time to back the boys and do it the Wigan way.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2852
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Let's smash 'em all !

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2080078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leeds
Benny Profan
3m
Reserves
BigTime
10m