JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Captain13 "As discussed between mini rogue and jonh, the Wigan careers of the likes of Joel Tomkins, Darrel Goulding, Harrison Hansen, Feka and for me Lee Mossop hang in the balance in 2010 which is great because we will see some real effort from the word go id've thought..

February's miles away though

I think Mossop and Tomkins are safe but think unless there is a major turn around Goulding is on the outer Hansen and Feka are in the balance.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3614No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bigtruck "What i wish and what i think are slightly different but what i think isGoulding
Richards
Tomkins
LuLu
Fielden
Piggy
Prescott
Lockers
Bailey
Tomkins (J)

Feka, Coley, Phelps, Deacon'"

No carmont?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17903_1300914398.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1a02isux][b:1a02isux]IN A WARRIORS CODE THERE'S NO SURRENDER....THOUGH HIS BODY SAYS STOP, HIS SPIRIT CRY'S NEVER!!!![/b:1a02isux][/color:1a02isux]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17903.jpg

Quote: Captain13 "As discussed between mini rogue and jonh, the Wigan careers of the likes of Joel Tomkins, Darrel Goulding, Harrison Hansen, Feka and for me Lee Mossop hang in the balance in 2010 which is great because we will see some real effort from the word go id've thought..

Whats Mossops done wrong with the time hes been given ?

The lads gonna be a superstar and IMO will be our next Sean long mistake if we let him go.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3268No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3064.gif
saint mully wrote: It was disappointing to see the numbers leaving after the Lee Smith try when I was coming back in from the toilets, I could hardly get back in scully = god wrote: We have the worst fans in the league. FACT. What we need is the passion Wigan fans have.:3064.gif

I wouldn't say so much Mossop mate, he's only had 1 season where as the others I do agree. Especially in Daz, Joel and H. I'm hoping they'll show us the potential we know they've got and be more consistent rather than the odd game.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Captain13 "As discussed between mini rogue and jonh, the Wigan careers of the likes of Joel Tomkins, Darrel Goulding, Harrison Hansen, Feka and for me Lee Mossop hang in the balance in 2010 which is great because we will see some real effort from the word go id've thought.. '"

Feka I agree with but to say the future of the rest "hangs in the balance" is way, way over the top IMO.

Hansen is the oldest at 24 (and very underrated IMO), Tomkins is 22, Goulding 21 and Mossop 20.

If they were all four years older then maybe so but to suggest players of their ages are in some sort of last chance saloon is IMO ridiculous especially given they have all done well for us. They may not do it every week but look how old they are. The senior pros have failed just as badly at times but these players have the potential to get better.

Dave

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7574No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17903_1300914398.jpg
[color=#FF0000:1a02isux][b:1a02isux]IN A WARRIORS CODE THERE'S NO SURRENDER....THOUGH HIS BODY SAYS STOP, HIS SPIRIT CRY'S NEVER!!!![/b:1a02isux][/color:1a02isux]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17903.jpg

Quote: DaveO "Feka I agree with but to say the future of the rest "hangs in the balance" is way, way over the top IMO.

Hansen is the oldest at 24 (and very underrated IMO), Tomkins is 22, Goulding 21 and Mossop 20.

If they were all four years older then maybe so but to suggest players of their ages are in some sort of last chance saloon is IMO ridiculous especially given they have all done well for us. They may not do it every week but look how old they are. The senior pros have failed just as badly at times but these players have the potential to get better.

Dave'"

Totally agree with this post

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2543No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

And Karl Pryce.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15448
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

It all depends on form really but I'll go:

1. Phelps
2. Roberts/Ainscough
3. Gleeson
4. Carmont
5. Richards
6. Sam
7. Deacon
8. Coley
9. Leuluai
10. Prescott
11. Hansen/Mossop
12. Bailey/Mossop
13. O'Loughlin

14. Paleaesina
15. McIllorum
16. Fielden/O'Carroll/Mossop
17. Joel/Mossop

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3064.gif
saint mully wrote: It was disappointing to see the numbers leaving after the Lee Smith try when I was coming back in from the toilets, I could hardly get back in scully = god wrote: We have the worst fans in the league. FACT. What we need is the passion Wigan fans have.:3064.gif

Quote: DaveO "Feka I agree with but to say the future of the rest "hangs in the balance" is way, way over the top IMO.

Dave'"

This is where your getting the wrong end of the stick and getting your knickers in a twist. None of us are saying they are bad players and haven't done well, but none of them are showing us what they are capable of on a consistent basis, Joel had a poor year last year compared to the previous year and yes HH is very underrated but needs to show more in attack as we know he can do. it isn't saying that they can't, just that we need to see more of it, and yes the same applies for a couple of the senior players to but this is talking about the younger players, not the senior ones.

Just because they are Wigan lads doesn't make them gods gift as you would read on here at times. There's been games last season when a couple of the players have made far more crucial errors than some of the scapegoats and they hardly get a mention, but just because they are the younger players it's alright to make the mistake. This is what we're trying to say, they are more established young players now have enough experience to take the flack if deserved. If they need to get out of their comfort zone then so be it, they can't get off lightly just because they're local lads and a couple of them need to prove their worth more just like a couple of the senior players do.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29674
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

I agree it's a big year for guys like Feka and Goulding if they want to stay at Wigan past 2010 but no chance is it make or break for Tomkins, Hansen or especially Mossop.

If we go through them one by one starting with Hansen- he does his job and does it very well. I don't see his game progressing much past what it is at the moment tbh but he's a solid, no nonsence type and he'd get a place in every 'squad' in superleague imo.

J Tomkins- He's been around the squad for a number of years now but is still very young and has things to learn. He made as many errors last year as he came up with good plays but he's got time on his side and with experience will get better. If he has a similar year to last year that'll still be enough to keep him around the squad for 2011.

Mossop- I don't see how next year can be make or break for this lad. He's only had a handful of opportunities and has been very good. He needs games and has bags and bags of improvments in him. Next year really could 'make him' but it for sure won't break him.

We've let too many young players go in the past before giving them a proper go of things and just haven't had the patience with them. We can't afford to do it with any of those 3.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29674
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: Mini Rogue "This is where your getting the wrong end of the stick and getting your knickers in a twist. None of us are saying they are bad players and haven't done well, but none of them are showing us what they are capable of on a consistent basis, Joel had a poor year last year compared to the previous year and yes HH is very underrated but needs to show more in attack as we know he can do. it isn't saying that they can't, just that we need to see more of it, and yes the same applies for a couple of the senior players to but this is talking about the younger players, not the senior ones.

Just because they are Wigan lads doesn't make them gods gift as you would read on here at times. There's been games last season when a couple of the players have made far more crucial errors than some of the scapegoats and they hardly get a mention, but just because they are the younger players it's alright to make the mistake. This is what we're trying to say, they are more established young players now have enough experience to take the flack if deserved. If they need to get out of their comfort zone then so be it, they can't get off lightly just because they're local lads and a couple of them need to prove their worth more just like a couple of the senior players do.'"

I agree with the majority of that but the one i can't really get my head round is Mossop. How in any way, shape or form can next year be make or break for him?

He's had a handful of chances and has been very impressive. He's big, strong and has a good engine. He had a blinder in the away league game at Knowsley road last season which was a great indication of his talent under pressure and he's just going to get better.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3064.gif

Quote: NickyKiss "I agree with the majority of that but the one i can't really get my head round is Mossop. How in any way, shape or form can next year be make or break for him?

He's had a handful of chances and has been very impressive. He's big, strong and has a good engine. He had a blinder in the away league game at Knowsley road last season which was a great indication of his talent under pressure and he's just going to get better.'"

If you go back NK you will see I haven't mentioned Mossop and also said to the captain that you can't really include Mossop in as he's only had 1 year. I think he's going to be a massive player for us and can't wait to see how he develops as a player.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29674
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Quote: Mini Rogue "If you go back NK you will see I haven't mentioned Mossop and also said to the captain that you can't really include Mossop in as he's only had 1 year. I think he's going to be a massive player for us and can't wait to see how he develops as a player.'"

Ahhh fair do's.

Thought it was a strange one. He's looked class hasn't he and has all the tools to become a top player. I had him in my starting line up on the other thread. I really want to see us get him plenty if games.

I like all our young backrowers tbh. I know Tomkins made his errors and Hansen is a little dull if you like but they all have their own qualities and the backrow looks to have a nice balance to it. When we consider theres guys like Farrell waiting to push through aswell they all will have to be on their toes.

We're blessed in that department.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: Mini Rogue "This is where your getting the wrong end of the stick and getting your knickers in a twist. None of us are saying they are bad players and haven't done well, but none of them are showing us what they are capable of on a consistent basis, Joel had a poor year last year compared to the previous year and yes HH is very underrated but needs to show more in attack as we know he can do. it isn't saying that they can't, just that we need to see more of it, and yes the same applies for a couple of the senior players to but this is talking about the younger players, not the senior ones. '"

What has any of that got to do with what I wrote which was basically saying I think the opinion they are in some sort of last chance saloon is wrong?

It seems you are the one who has got the wrong end of the stick about the point I was making and getting your knickers in a twist.

Quote: Mini Rogue "Just because they are Wigan lads doesn't make them gods gift as you would read on here at times. There's been games last season when a couple of the players have made far more crucial errors than some of the scapegoats and they hardly get a mention, but just because they are the younger players it's alright to make the mistake. This is what we're trying to say, they are more established young players now have enough experience to take the flack if deserved. If they need to get out of their comfort zone then so be it, they can't get off lightly just because they're local lads and a couple of them need to prove their worth more just like a couple of the senior players do.'"

Who mentioned anything about them being Wigan lads? What has that got to do with it? I know they have not had perfect seasons but who did?

You say they made crucial errors. Did more experienced players not make crucial errors? I don't think so.

They are young players who simply do not have the experience of someone who has played the game who is say age 28 or older. J Tomkins played 3 games in 2007 and so has been a first team regular for two seasons. The players who get most stick have much more experience.

There is one exception and that is Phelps. He is also a young player and has made crucial mistakes. His contract is up at the end of next season so is he in the same last chance saloon as well? If not why not? Because he isn't from Wigan?

He is no better than any of those players mentioned but is a fans favourite is my guess as to why his name has not been bracketed with the players being discussed as in the last chance saloon.

Dave

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg

Quote: NickyKiss "I agree with the majority of that but the one i can't really get my head round is Mossop. How in any way, shape or form can next year be make or break for him?'"

It's not make or break for any of them IMO. To write players of their age and experience off after next season is just daft.

Dave

84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.423828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
10m
Film game
Boss Hog
24m