JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
Officially RLFAN's most Doe-eyed Happy Clapper. Big Steve wrote: The Internet has provided some wonderful creativity, opportunities and knowledge sharing but it has also given a worldwide forum for people you would leave a full pint behind in the pub to avoid having to listen to them. aboveusonlypie... If you don't bother to go to the game when you live in the locality then you are not really a fan and therefore your views are invalid. It's simple.:icons39ad_files/4821-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Dwayne Dibley "They were still good enough to beat your lot
You still failed to answer the question....

RankPostsTeam
International Star1871No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51474_1275316988.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51474.gif

Quote: Dwayne Dibley "They were still good enough to beat your lot
True but with the team that we had out and the field position and ball that Leeds had I think that we could and should have lost by far more. Yes Wigan lost but in losing by such a small margin and with all things considered it was certainly no disaster for Wigan and there are a lot of positives to take out of it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star291
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Father Ted "There were lots of Leeds errors and the reason they didn't get out of second gear is because they are stuck there.
As for a full Leeds team, we know Hardaker and Ben J Bishop were out but who else was missing?'"

Those two players missing has totally unbalanced our backline. One of them has been replaced by a player who has never played a first grade game before he came to this country.

And those opportunities we bombed still took some creating. You should probably be thankful we made so many errors or it could have been embarrassing.

RankPostsTeam
International Star484No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tony1983 "
And those opportunities we bombed still took some creating. You should probably be thankful we made so many errors or it could have been embarrassing.'"

thats like saying you are lucky wigan didnt win, then you would have lost.

RankPostsTeam
International Star291
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: the wrestler "thats like saying you are lucky wigan didnt win, then you would have lost.'"

No, it isn't. Leeds on another day could have put on a big score. Wigan didn't look like threatening much at any point.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member32327
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3076_1671446335.jpg
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled. For 27 - 0 you get a trophy For 75 - 0 you get sod all. Wigan had eight in a row Saints have five in a row:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3076.jpg

Quote: tony1983 "No, it isn't. Leeds on another day could have put on a big score. Wigan didn't look like threatening much at any point.'"

Like they did against Huddersfield and Cas?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15218No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tony1983 "No, it isn't. Leeds on another day could have put on a big score. Wigan didn't look like threatening much at any point.'"

I very much doubt that.

The better team won on the night, but just saying that it might have been better for you had the occasional dropped pass struck is like us saying it might have been better for us had Farrell been given a penalty when the ball was stripped and most of your team was still walking back, exhausted.

Instead of trying to invent reasons why Wigan are less good than the scoreline suggested, you should expend some brain power trying to work out why you only just managed to beat so young, inexperienced and injury-stricken a team. Like it or not, that's what you did.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15443
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Frank Zappa":1sacjrvf]Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.[/quote:1sacjrvf] [quote="The_Enforcer":1sacjrvf]Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.[/quote:1sacjrvf]:

:s Wigan on another day could have won, all it takes is Liam Farrell keeping hold of the ball after his break and we score. You were the better team for sure but our lads showed a lot of composure to keep the score lines close and almost nick it. If we never looked threatening you wouldn't have shipped 14 points + almost another try, not forgetting our last attack of the game where we went about 80 metres.

Come the end of the season, when hopefully both sides will be full strength and in form, there won't be much to choose between us

RankPostsTeam
International Star291
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cruncher "I very much doubt that.

The better team won on the night, but just saying that it might have been better for you had the occasional dropped pass struck is like us saying it might have been better for us had Farrell been given a penalty when the ball was stripped and most of your team was still walking back, exhausted.

Instead of trying to invent reasons why Wigan are less good than the scoreline suggested, you should expend some brain power trying to work out why you only just managed to beat so young, inexperienced and injury-stricken a team. Like it or not, that's what you did.'"

You mean in the same way you are trying to convince yourself that the narrow scoreline means Leeds are somehow inferior pound for pound?

If you don't mean that, then I am not sure why I need to 'work out' anything. I am more than happy with the win. Looking at the game as a whole, we offered far more threat and sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't. If we had played e, then maybe I would be concerned.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15218No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tony1983 "You mean in the same way you are trying to convince yourself that the narrow scoreline means Leeds are somehow inferior pound for pound?

If you don't mean that, then I am not sure why I need to 'work out' anything. I am more than happy with the win. Looking at the game as a whole, we offered far more threat and sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't. If we had played poop, then maybe I would be concerned.'"

Then it's lucky for Leeds that you aren't coaching them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star291
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cruncher "Then it's lucky for Leeds that you aren't coaching them.'"

I'm not a coach. What a ridiculous thing to say icon_lol.gif

The current Leeds coaches are doing more than enough. Sorry if that upsets you.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15218No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tony1983 "I'm not a coach. What a ridiculous thing to say
Yet further proof.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach413No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT13.gif
75-0 Gets you Nothing. 27-0 Gets you a trophy. 18-10 Gets you eternal bragging rights!:simpsons/PDT13.gif

Quote: martinbuckley "We've dropped points to Huddersfield & Leeds, because man for man they are better than us at the moment. I expect to finish below Leeds this season - maybe Huddersfield too as long as they dont do their regular 2nd half of the season nose-dive. I certainly expect us to finish below Warrington and possibly even St Helens.'"

Quote: martinbuckley "Nonsense. Wigan lost against a fired up Leeds team who can beat any one on their day and we had 5/6 first team players out. I have a feeling Wigan will be minor premiers this year, even though we have lost a couple of games I think we will be the most consistent team. I'm just not sure how we will fair in the knockout games with our lack of experience.'"

Nonsense eh?

43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.21142578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squads - Leopards v Hull Fc
Septimius Se
4m
Film game
Wanderer
5m