FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Would you have fev in super league?
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23350_1468449137.jpg
[quote="roger daly":1a7cbd66]Oh dear, I believe you would be classed as s[sic] typical Wigan fan[/quote:1a7cbd66] [quote="wrencat1873":1a7cbd66]It's the mighty Wigan, they can do whatever they want.[/quote:1a7cbd66] [quote="Big lads mate":1a7cbd66]you arrogant pot prick[/quote:1a7cbd66] [quote="Tricky2309":1a7cbd66]Look prick do one[/quote:1a7cbd66] [quote="Willzay":1a7cbd66]you cocky pie eating c*nt.[/quote:1a7cbd66]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23350.jpg

No. Not until you can attract a crowd in excess of 10,000, which neither Cas or Wakey can.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: FIOS "Well if owning your own ground was the only criteria to be in super league I'm sure you and your 17 acres would be right up there
Are you as stupid as your coming across?, no one said it is a criteria or you wouldnt be in would you. What it does is give us the opportunity to raise extra income so we can use the full salary cap so we wont be another cas, Wakey

RankPostsTeam
International Star1031No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Suzy Banyon "No. Not until you can attract a crowd in excess of 10,000, which neither Cas or Wakey can.'"

10k crowd is not a criteria

RankPostsTeam
International Star3441
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53430_1391854791.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53430.gif

Quote: gingdong "Are you as stupid as your coming across?, no one said it is a criteria or you wouldnt be in would you. What it does is give us the opportunity to raise extra income so we can use the full salary cap so we wont be another cas, Wakey'"

I don't know why youre trying to argue with me, my view is that promotion and relegation should exist which would probably give fev an opportunity in super league. Under the franchise system you wouldn't stand a chance because your ground is rubbish and you're not getting the attendances you need. We also own a ground which is probably in the same condition as post office road but we just use that as a training ground. That is the level of things expected in super league.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach604No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12150.jpg
It's just WIGAN, nothing else. Get rid of that stupid nickname.:12150.jpg

No. Not under the current ownership/management, or whoever was responsible for match arrangements, specifically:
1. Dangerous and muddy access to the ground along a cart track, which got much worse in darkness after the game. (for visiting fans only).
2. Insultingly poor toilet facilities (for visiting fans only).
3. Barmy segregation policy, with some seats unaccountably declared out of bounds (for visiting fans only).
4. Overzealous stewards, one of whom blocked the view of our first try, by following silly stewarding instructions (for visiting fans only).

I would like the club management to 'sample' those toilet facilities for themselves next time they play. Utterly disgusting, probably illegal, almost certainly in breach of local authority licence.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2785No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41627_1288549685.jpg
"I read somewhere that Leeds-Bradford is an airport, Wigan-St Helens is a rivalry. I can't wait to play my first game against them.":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41627.jpg

The toilets are far worse than those iv been to in a while which includes the like of Dewsbury,Keighley Dewsbury which was over 14 years ago,the walk to the turnsytles were very appauling knee deep in mud the lighting in the ground wasnt up to much standard.The stands you they bought from Scarbourgh FC were in bits but will they have a roof.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach465No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The fact is that at this moment in time Featherstone Rovers in my opinion is not ready for Super League The club is running the the playing side of things like any Super League club regarding scolarship and I am led to believe better than our neighbours so that's a plus. The club has in my opinion got a Super League coach another plus Crowds are improving and are one of the best in the championship another plus The work from the BOD has improved this year and they are working there socks off another plus. We are arguably the best team outside Super League over the last 2 years a plus

On the negative side our stadium isn't up to standard although things are in place to get it sorted over the next 12 months Our turnover must improve and we must continue to run the club within our means I know the BOD are working with the RFL on what is required

If things are sorted over the next 18 months and clubs that are in S/L are not improving I believe we should be given a chance and see if we can compete with the bottom half of S/L. The extra money from the TV deal more sponsors and Daryl Powell coaching a full time Rovers team I think we wouldn't finish bottom All I hope is that if everything the RFL tell them to do they do and we are given a chance

By the way good luck in the next round we tried our best yesterday but you are a very good team and will probably go all the way

RankPostsTeam
International Star41No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Grand Final Winners 2011 Grand Final Runners-Up 2010, 2012 League Leaders Shield 2010, 2011, 2012 European Club Challenge Winners 2012 If it ain't blue and white I'm not bothered!:

Shame about the toilets and access to the ground, not used these toilets before the ones in the family stand where I always sit are fantastic. The lights were flickering and I am not sure why, typical it happened with superleague fans coming over.

RankPostsTeam
International Star576No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="headhunter":lnxdgxk2]Union people are idiots. They almost universally accept that league is a better, faster game played by better athletes, yet for some reason they continue to disregard and belittle it. That game is tedious as hell from start to finish. If he'd ever played or even bothered to give more than a fleeting chance to league he would realise that the game is far more 'technical' than Union ever could be. Booting the ball into touch, scrummaging and forming rucks and mauls aren't areas that involve any skill, technique or mental capacity whatsoever. These are clumsy, outdated facets of the game that are also extremely uninteresting to watch and thus have to be defended in some way by people who are too prejudiced to see the truth.[/quote:lnxdgxk2]:

Quote: Snowy "I am hoping Batley run London close.

If they do, proof will be in the pudding that the better chapionship clubs are gaining on the lower SL clubs (even though the financial situation in biased).

Fev, Leigh, Halifax, Batley, Sheffield will not look out of place in tier 2 of SL.

Leigh and Fax have stadiums most SL clubs would be proud of.

Fev is a realy small place, but like other areas, develop some real quality in the junior ranks. Irrespective of location, if your good enough, you deserve a shot. Some teams currently in SL offer little.'"

It would have to be in a second tier IMO, as there simply isnt room in any other format. Its something i'd like to see the new administration do now the lump lewis has gone though. Its quite a long post below demonstrating how I think it would work, but if you take the time to read, i think most will find this as a really good idea.

Id have 20 team super league in two tiers of 10 with promotion and relegation between both.

For example....
SL Tier 1................................Tier 2
Wigan................................Halifax
Leeds.................................Sheffield
Saints................................Wakefield
Wire...................................Leigh
Catalan...............................London
Huddersfield........................Widnes
Bradford (under a new..........Salford
board and proper..................Barrow
administration).....................Featherstone
Hull.....................................Batley
Hull KR
Castleford

Top division say has a salary cap of 2.5m, bottom division 1 million.

Under this the championship continues but with one larger divison of the remaining semi professional clubs, and we keep franchising, with applications made every 3 years from championship clubs who feel they can step up. Tier 1 clubs would be guarenteed to stay at each franchising window, with tier 2 clubs and the hopeful championship joiners being franchised for the 10 spots in tier 2. Then, if for example north wales are ready to step back up in a few years they still have an opportunity, and this also gives them a better pathway, as entering tier 2 superleague wouldnt be as demanding as the transition currently between part time and full time super league!

Each team plays each other in their tier home and away, and tier 2 teams host tier 1 teams only giving 28 regular league games. This gives additional income for tier two teams as they have 19 of their 28 fixtures at home, and assists in them competing with tier 1 teams as they only play the best teams at home.

To then make up for lack of home fixtures for tier 1 teams, after a rescheduled wembley at the end of July, tier 1 further breaks up into two groups of 5.

The top 5 play 8 further fixtures (4 home and 4 away), in the play off series - Top two then go to the grand final at old trafford. Bottom 5 play off in a relegation play off series, all playing each other home and away with the bottom two going down. This ensures all tier 1 teams have 13 regular league fixtures as now.

Tier 2 teams only enter the challenge cup at the last 16 stage.

Tier two - Champions go up - The further top 6 have a play off series to determine the second promotion spot and the league ends earlier than tier one, with a promotion grand final at the end of September. The remaining 3 teams dont play for the final few weeks of the tier two season, giving them addition time to restructure for the following season and ensure they are then competitive (There should be no revenue issues for them doing this given tier 2 teams have 19 home fixtures our of their 28 game season, given tier 1 clubs vist them only.)

This would answer all boxes for me. We get great nights like last night, and the other week at places like featherstone, keep these great traditional rugby league areas alive by giving them opportunity to sit at the top table of rugby league, while hopefully avoiding massive one sided games that no one wants to see.

It also allows those in tier 1 to not be held back by lower level super league clubs, and increase the salary cap incrementally as these teams further grow to a level we can at least beat off the threat of union. It also ensures every game should be a cracking highly cometitive game for both tiers which adds to the product..with no boring blow out scores we get in our supposedly super league now, when a top team plays a wakefield, salford or london etc at home - Rather than havng a cracking game one week ie v saints and a dour one the next ie. with wakey, we'd then play really competitve games every week and the SL would be more like the NRL IMO.

Top teams would play tier 2 teams away, however given they would have only 10 glamour ties a year against tier one teams, on most occasions I feel they could raise their game to a level fev did last night and compete and on occasions shock tier 1 teams.

The only critisism I could see with this is that tier 1 teams play more games (36 league games) - However to counter this I would have the league introduce plans like they do in Union, where each player can only play a maximum number of league games - say 25. This further strengthens the game as the tier one clubs, would have to use their salary cap constructively, and give young players chances, and ensure their squad is strong, and not just their starting 17, to have rotation.

This would also add an added tactical element to coaches games, and I feel we'd see many of the tier 2 v tier 1 games, with tier 1 teams fielding 5-6 non regular players (hopefully in a little more moderation than us against widnes icon_surprised.gifops: ) but this would further make these games even more competitive imo.

The more I think of this idea the more convinced I am that its the utlimate model which could overhaul rugby league and solve so many of the problems we have within our game!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63362_1317664225.jpg
[b:35jm31e6][color=#FF0040:35jm31e6]Formerly known as Moonlight Flit[/color:35jm31e6][/b:35jm31e6]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63362.jpg

Fev had bags of enthusiasm and guts last night but very little skill.

The match itself provided very little rugby.

It was reminiscent to me of how it was playing in Yorkshire in the 1960s before the tackle rules were brought in, because of those Yorkshire clubs. They used to 'stick it up their jumpers', run one step, then just fall over in the middle of the field. Players like Ian Van Bellen were outstanding examples of that tactic.

Fev played to their strengths and good for them.

I am afraid they would get hammered if they were to play on the big level pitches that exist at superleague clubs and Wembley stadium on a regular basis.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm sorry that the facilities were sub standard for you.
Conditions for away fans were far from perfect but the club are in the process of developing the ground and that in turn will enable us to provide the facilities you deserve.
Usually with the attendances we get all the facilities are shared so there is no segregation, no away car parking and no away toilets.Some Fev fans didn't want to be seperated but that is the decision the club made which meant that away toilets had to be provided at short notice.
The car parking area was rock hard a week ago but we have had so much rain in the last week that conditions were more akin to a swamp. Sadly we can't control the weather but the conditions on match day is something the club need to be aware of and a back up plan should perhaps be in place.
The floodlights are being upgraded.
Please bear in mind we run U15 U16 U18 U21 and a ladies team but don't get the funding from the RFL that SL clubs get and there is a cost involved to running those teams and with the income we have we have to work with some things take longer to do than we would like.I'd rather see the club develop young players and do the ground alterations stage by stage than pump all available money into the ground and abandon the youth set up. Our boys have beaten SL opposition this year at all levels so that shows we are making progress on the field.
What i will say is that the board do care about supporters and are working their socks off to improve the ground for all fans, home and away and unlike our near SL neighbours who have been making promises for years we will develop our ground, the stands are already there but we can't do it overnight and just need the support of fans from other clubs who are used to all seater modern stadiums.
Only a few years ago we were in administration so the turn around under the current management team has been remarkable.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1851No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41238.gif
THE ONE AND ONLY "LATICS" , Ronnie Blair scorer of the goal that wasn't given Oldham Athletic v Man Utd 28th Dec 1975 "Nothing changes":41238.gif

Quote: phil stone "I'm sorry that the facilities were sub standard for you.
Conditions for away fans were far from perfect but the club are in the process of developing the ground and that in turn will enable us to provide the facilities you deserve.
Usually with the attendances we get all the facilities are shared so there is no segregation, no away car parking and no away toilets.Some Fev fans didn't want to be seperated but that is the decision the club made which meant that away toilets had to be provided at short notice.
The car parking area was rock hard a week ago but we have had so much rain in the last week that conditions were more akin to a swamp. Sadly we can't control the weather but the conditions on match day is something the club need to be aware of and a back up plan should perhaps be in place.
The floodlights are being upgraded.
Please bear in mind we run U15 U16 U18 U21 and a ladies team but don't get the funding from the RFL that SL clubs get and there is a cost involved to running those teams and with the income we have we have to work with some things take longer to do than we would like.I'd rather see the club develop young players and do the ground alterations stage by stage than pump all available money into the ground and abandon the youth set up. Our boys have beaten SL opposition this year at all levels so that shows we are making progress on the field.
What i will say is that the board do care about supporters and are working their socks off to improve the ground for all fans, home and away and unlike our near SL neighbours who have been making promises for years we will develop our ground, the stands are already there but we can't do it overnight and just need the support of fans from other clubs who are used to all seater modern stadiums.
Only a few years ago we were in administration so the turn around under the current management team has been remarkable.'"

Phil I don't understand the need for segregation last night, we were in the pub on station road befoer the game with no problem, was going to visit the bar under the Family stand but was prevented by stewards, as previously mentioned away fans toilets very poor with no womens and 1 disabled in not a very good state.
We sat down, good view and dry but obviously lots of work to do, mind you so have Wakey and Cas and they have been going at it for 3 years.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7497
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8043.jpg
[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]TBF he's a good lad Snowy. A wind up merchant but a good lad. :lol:[/quote] [quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]That sig snowy is Ssooooooooooo old !!![/quote] OOpps - nowt changes !! [b]Widnes 8 Leigh 10 LOL!!! Leigh 23 Widnes 16 LOL!! Leigh 30 Widnes 16 LOL!! Widnes 18 Leigh 38 Oh Dear !! Leigh 54 Widnes 16 FFS!!! Leigh 50 Widnes 18 We gave them 3 tries !!! Widnes 18 Leigh 24 Still no points in the 2nd half!! Good luck Widnes. See you in 2015 !![/b]:8043.jpg

Quote: gerr'emonside "It would have to be in a second tier IMO, as there simply isnt room in any other format. Its something i'd like to see the new administration do now the lump lewis has gone though. Its quite a long post below demonstrating how I think it would work, but if you take the time to read, i think most will find this as a really good idea.

Id have 20 team super league in two tiers of 10 with promotion and relegation between both.

For example....
SL Tier 1................................Tier 2
Wigan................................Halifax
Leeds.................................Sheffield
Saints................................Wakefield
Wire...................................Leigh
Catalan...............................London
Huddersfield........................Widnes
Bradford (under a new..........Salford
board and proper..................Barrow
administration).....................Featherstone
Hull.....................................Batley
Hull KR
Castleford

Top division say has a salary cap of 2.5m, bottom division 1 million.

Under this the championship continues but with one larger divison of the remaining semi professional clubs, and we keep franchising, with applications made every 3 years from championship clubs who feel they can step up. Tier 1 clubs would be guarenteed to stay at each franchising window, with tier 2 clubs and the hopeful championship joiners being franchised for the 10 spots in tier 2. Then, if for example north wales are ready to step back up in a few years they still have an opportunity, and this also gives them a better pathway, as entering tier 2 superleague wouldnt be as demanding as the transition currently between part time and full time super league!

Each team plays each other in their tier home and away, and tier 2 teams host tier 1 teams only giving 28 regular league games. This gives additional income for tier two teams as they have 19 of their 28 fixtures at home, and assists in them competing with tier 1 teams as they only play the best teams at home.

To then make up for lack of home fixtures for tier 1 teams, after a rescheduled wembley at the end of July, tier 1 further breaks up into two groups of 5.

The top 5 play 8 further fixtures (4 home and 4 away), in the play off series - Top two then go to the grand final at old trafford. Bottom 5 play off in a relegation play off series, all playing each other home and away with the bottom two going down. This ensures all tier 1 teams have 13 regular league fixtures as now.

Tier 2 teams only enter the challenge cup at the last 16 stage.

Tier two - Champions go up - The further top 6 have a play off series to determine the second promotion spot and the league ends earlier than tier one, with a promotion grand final at the end of September. The remaining 3 teams dont play for the final few weeks of the tier two season, giving them addition time to restructure for the following season and ensure they are then competitive (There should be no revenue issues for them doing this given tier 2 teams have 19 home fixtures our of their 28 game season, given tier 1 clubs vist them only.)

This would answer all boxes for me. We get great nights like last night, and the other week at places like featherstone, keep these great traditional rugby league areas alive by giving them opportunity to sit at the top table of rugby league, while hopefully avoiding massive one sided games that no one wants to see.

It also allows those in tier 1 to not be held back by lower level super league clubs, and increase the salary cap incrementally as these teams further grow to a level we can at least beat off the threat of union. It also ensures every game should be a cracking highly cometitive game for both tiers which adds to the product..with no boring blow out scores we get in our supposedly super league now, when a top team plays a wakefield, salford or london etc at home - Rather than havng a cracking game one week ie v saints and a dour one the next ie. with wakey, we'd then play really competitve games every week and the SL would be more like the NRL IMO.

Top teams would play tier 2 teams away, however given they would have only 10 glamour ties a year against tier one teams, on most occasions I feel they could raise their game to a level fev did last night and compete and on occasions shock tier 1 teams.

The only critisism I could see with this is that tier 1 teams play more games (36 league games) - However to counter this I would have the league introduce plans like they do in Union, where each player can only play a maximum number of league games - say 25. This further strengthens the game as the tier one clubs, would have to use their salary cap constructively, and give young players chances, and ensure their squad is strong, and not just their starting 17, to have rotation.

This would also add an added tactical element to coaches games, and I feel we'd see many of the tier 2 v tier 1 games, with tier 1 teams fielding 5-6 non regular players (hopefully in a little more moderation than us against widnes
The concept of your proposal is pretty much what I had in mind. The 10 clubs in tier 1 would be THE biggest and most prosperous clubs in SL.

I would only have 1 up and 1 down though. After 18 league matches, I would have the bottom 5 of tier 1 play the top 5 of tier 2 as this will inrease the intensity.

One Champioship side to go up and the same with the top 5 and bottom 5.

As a result, I feel it would relly improve the pedigree of the game and protect good young Brittish players in the longrun.

RankPostsTeam
International Star576No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="headhunter":lnxdgxk2]Union people are idiots. They almost universally accept that league is a better, faster game played by better athletes, yet for some reason they continue to disregard and belittle it. That game is tedious as hell from start to finish. If he'd ever played or even bothered to give more than a fleeting chance to league he would realise that the game is far more 'technical' than Union ever could be. Booting the ball into touch, scrummaging and forming rucks and mauls aren't areas that involve any skill, technique or mental capacity whatsoever. These are clumsy, outdated facets of the game that are also extremely uninteresting to watch and thus have to be defended in some way by people who are too prejudiced to see the truth.[/quote:lnxdgxk2]:

Quote: Snowy "
The concept of your proposal is pretty much what I had in mind. The 10 clubs in tier 1 would be THE biggest and most prosperous clubs in SL.

I would only have 1 up and 1 down though. After 18 league matches, I would have the bottom 5 of tier 1 play the top 5 of tier 2 as this will inrease the intensity.

One Champioship side to go up and the same with the top 5 and bottom 5.

As a result, I feel it would relly improve the pedigree of the game and protect good young Brittish players in the longrun.'"

Thats the beauty of two tiers of 10 imo - You an do it in so many ways. Your way could work better as there would be more chance of upsets etc. playing the bottom teams tier one, but the only thing I'd feel with this is would we be short changing the tier 2 teams somewhat by not giving them opportunity to play against the top 5 teams?

I do like your idea though. Two tiers play home and away - then you could have the mini league of top 5 tier 2 and bottom 5 tier 1 wth the top 5 to qualify for tier one next season - with each team only playing teams from the other tier - thus in effect giving all tier 2 sides a chance, albeit slim, that if they compete and beat enough tier 1 sides they make it into tier 1 the following season - that would make every game like a cup final IMO.

The only problem is what to then do wth the other 5 teams in each tier - top 5 play off for the top 5 tier 1 champions takes up 4 weeks - then this is where id bring in the expanded WCC for top 5 super league and top 5 NRL - 5 games against each NRL side takes another 5 weeks, semis and final another 2 and you've got 11 weeks there - which would fit nicely with your idea of the 10 week mini league for the lower tier 1/ upper tier 2 teams with a final stand alone week or the WCC final.

Bottom 5 tier 2 teams then drop into a northern rail cup competition/ european shield with the rest of the championship and the top french sides for the remaining 10 games of the season.

Fits perfectly IMO - The only problem being is could the top tier 1 teams survive with only 9 games home games per season every two seasons. It would be fine when the WCC was here - as you would have 14 games that year similar to now - This is where TV money would hopefully plug a gap, but this is the only potential flaw with your model IMO.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

As RL fans what do we really want?
1. High intensity games every week in SL1, to produce an Ashes winning team.
2. The pinnacle to be the envy of other sports and be rewarded accordingly from TV
3. Expand player pool, we lose too many at 19/20 who may be late developers or have their progress blocked by the ageing Aussie, and a FT 2nd tier provides a good home.
4. Reduce imports by having more academies in a FT culture
5. Promotes expansion
6. It gets back to the basic principles of sport, try explaining what we have to play for (Leigh) to a non RL person, they laugh.

35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.4091796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
apollosghost
10m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
13m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
37m
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
Recent
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
Recent
Betting 2024
karetaker
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
1m
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
2m
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
2m
Rumours thread
PopTart
2m
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
2m
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
3m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Jack Burton
4m
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
apollosghost
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +13,535 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
       Championship 2024-R29
 FT 
York
27-10
Widnes
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
 FT 
Wigan
38-0
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan38-0Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH
LIVE
York27-10Widnes
SL
LIVE
Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22