JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh " It really is funny how after 1 good performance you surface have a pop and then vanish when it all goes wrong. Where have you been for the last few weeks since the Bradford game. '"

Ive been on here i have not disappeared at all.

Quote: jonh " From the evidence of this season i am not convinved no, is the answer to your question on all 3 counts, maybe occasionally he sends us out with the right game plan but the evidence of us being 9th with a game extra played over most other teams is hardly testament to his coaching this season. '"

So you still think he cannot coach attacking rugby? Yes you have just proved your a moron congratulations.

Quote: jonh " RHJ i will turn it on you see where you stand on this, do you still think that all the players are useless and poor players?'"

I do not think the team on paper is as good as people make out no.

Quote: jonh "Sadly it seems from your cameo posts after 1 good performance its all very black and white to you, others are quick to criticise poor coaching of which there has been plenty but also happy to praise it and Noble off the back of such performances as we saw on Saturday. Its called a balanced view rather than hiding for weeks on end then slating those who do not share your opinion once in a blue moon. '"

You dont have a balanced view though do you? Your view is that Noble is a poor coach and you know better and he won things at Bradford just by luck and that he cannot coach anything other than 5 drives and a kick.

Are you not going to admit that Noble can coach attacking rugby? I take it you think Saturdays game was boring 5 drives and a kick?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7769
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: jonh "Its exactly the same reaction we have after every one off performance on here, see the reaction to the Bradford game.

We must back it up starting at Wakefield but the real test will come against Hull KR and Wire of just where we stand. Hull KR a "new" team to SL in real terms who are bridging the gap on the top 2 and Wire who after a change of coach may start to show the promise they clearly have.'"

To be fair Jonh!

We have to put up with Far too much "Sack the Coach" from the Quick Fix Brigade (And believe it or not depsite your stance on Noble I don't put you in with this lot) that after a few good wins it's no wonder they/we want to give some back!

I have said it Many Many times before, Particularly on the "Turning the Ship Around" post that Rome was built in a day.

It took ML 8 years from coming in to winning the League, We had 4 coaches in that period taking one step at a time.

IL chose to stick with Noble for his 2 x seasons in charge of Wigan. IL must have thought that a certain amount of stability could be gained from this and at that point he may have been right.

Will he stick with him for the next 2 x seasons? Not sure?
What I will say is I don't agree that Sacking him at virtually any point in the last 2 x years like some have wanted would have helped us Short term.

Then there's the question of Who would want to come as if they were'nt successful (Positive Points difference is a must for some icon_rolleyes.gif ) immediately the fans would have been shouting for him to be sacked and the chairman Bows down to their wishes!

We've been there before!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Red Hot Jalapeno "Ive been on here i have not disappeared at all.

So you still think he cannot coach attacking rugby? Yes you have just proved your a moron congratulations.

I do not think the team on paper is as good as people make out no.

You dont have a balanced view though do you? Your view is that Noble is a poor coach and you know better and he won things at Bradford just by luck and that he cannot coach anything other than 5 drives and a kick.

Are you not going to admit that Noble can coach attacking rugby? I take it you think Saturdays game was boring 5 drives and a kick?'"

RJH you have been on here just very quiet on any Noble related issue, and just like last time after the Bradford game you decide to pipe up and have a pop. You seem to take an issue with anyone that does not share your opinion. The difference is between me and you i hope i am wrong for the good of the club you just seem to want to play the big I AM after 1 game.

Did i say he could not coach attacking rugby in that post, what i am saying is he is clearly at times sent us out with the wrong game plan, given the way we have proven we can perform.

You called them poor players and a bunch of no hopers or words to that effect, do you stand by this?

Not once have a said i know better, but it is refreshing to see things that me and others highlighted as wrong with the gameplan these things have changed or at least do seem to when we play well.

Still waiting for you to pull out this post that you continue to quote where i said it was luck that he won trophies at Bradford something you seem to base much of your criticism of me about.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Jukesays "To be fair Jonh!

We have to put up with Far too much "Sack the Coach" from the Quick Fix Brigade (And believe it or not depsite your stance on Noble I don't put you in with this lot) that after a few good wins it's no wonder they/we want to give some back!

I have said it Many Many times before, Particularly on the "Turning the Ship Around" post that Rome was built in a day.

It took ML 8 years from coming in to winning the League, We had 4 coaches in that period taking one step at a time.

IL chose to stick with Noble for his 2 x seasons in charge of Wigan. IL must have thought that a certain amount of stability could be gained from this and at that point he may have been right.

Will he stick with him for the next 2 x seasons? Not sure?
What I will say is I don't agree that Sacking him at virtually any point in the last 2 x years like some have wanted would have helped us Short term.

Then there's the question of Who would want to come as if they were'nt successful (Positive Points difference is a must for some
Brian Noble has in my opinion done some good things that would indicate to me he would be better as a Rugby Director rather than a coach.

He along with Il have put together some excellent systems that have ensured the infrastructure is there for us to make the next step, that is without question, especially given the state of the club on his arrival behind the scenes.

What i do doubt is his ability to take us to the next step and a once in a blue moon game when we are still in 9th with a game played over most other teams will not short term convince me he can be the man to kick us on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5465
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: FearTheVee "Wow, talk about a turnaround in attitudes!

Just goes to show how important performing in the derby is. You're still not in a play-ff place, despite having played 1 more game than all above you (2 more than Quins) but suddenly Noble is doing a good job. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5465
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29557_1715786245.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29557.png

Quote: jonh "Brian Noble has in my opinion done some good things that would indicate to me he would be better as a Rugby Director rather than a coach.

He along with Il have put together some excellent systems that have ensured the infrastructure is there for us to make the next step, that is without question, especially given the state of the club on his arrival behind the scenes.

What i do doubt is his ability to take us to the next step and a once in a blue moon game when we are still in 9th with a game played over most other teams will not short term convince me he can be the man to kick us on.'"

The only thing that I have real issue with regarding this debate is the use of that particular statistic. Whilst I agree in a 'black and white' world that would indeed be a reasonable argument, surely the point here is not where we stand after a poor start to the season, but how we appear to be going now and if this will continue? More to the point, given the obvious fact that most teams are having runs of poor form this season, something that I personally don't think we have seen the end of, surely the only statistic worth considering is where we will finish come the end of the season and whether that will be enough to take us to a final or even win some silverware..

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7007.jpg
[quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="nickmanator":3hoggrzp]billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="robbierotten":3hoggrzp]Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Deano G":3hoggrzp]Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]Wellens[/quote:3hoggrzp]:7007.jpg

Quote: Phuzzy "The only thing that I have real issue with regarding this debate is the use of that particular statistic. Whilst I agree in a 'black and white' world that would indeed be a reasonable argument, surely the point here is not where we stand after a poor start to the season, but how we appear to be going now and if this will continue? More to the point, given the obvious fact that most teams are having runs of poor form this season, something that I personally don't think we have seen the end of, surely the only statistic worth considering is where we will finish come the end of the season and whether that will be enough to take us to a final or even win some silverware..'"

I agree with you, though the point I would make is that where we are likely to be at the end of the season will be in part determined by the shockingly bad start to the season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7769
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock "I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count" [quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote] Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!" I thanked him and went on my Merry way! RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015! "The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth." Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club:icons077e_files/5454-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Deano G "I agree with you, though the point I would make is that where we are likely to be at the end of the season will be in part determined by the shockingly bad start to the season.'"

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7769
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Deano G "I agree with you, though the point I would make is that where we are likely to be at the end of the season will be in part determined by the shockingly bad start to the season.'"

And there's nothing we can do about it Now!

So lets not keep going over old Ground Like some do and look at what we have to do next week!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg

Quote: Phuzzy "The only thing that I have real issue with regarding this debate is the use of that particular statistic. Whilst I agree in a 'black and white' world that would indeed be a reasonable argument, surely the point here is not where we stand after a poor start to the season, but how we appear to be going now and if this will continue? More to the point, given the obvious fact that most teams are having runs of poor form this season, something that I personally don't think we have seen the end of, surely the only statistic worth considering is where we will finish come the end of the season and whether that will be enough to take us to a final or even win some silverware..'"

Putting it into perspective though exactly how have we started to play? We have played well in 2 games, a coach has to get his team to somewhere near there best for at least 70% plus of the season. We have played well on 2 occasions out of 12 and it is a story that is repeating itself season on season sadly. The consistency issue is massive and it seems to be getting worse not better. Consistency was also a massive issue with him for GB.

Was he the right man to bring stability to the club? Yes, but is he the man to take us to the next level? No.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3136No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh "

Was he the right man to bring stability to the club? Yes, but is he the man to take us to the next level? No.'"

LOL IN YOUR OPINION. You told us he could not coach exciting/attacking rugby yet this season we have shown on more than one occasion that he can. Whilst your entitled to your opinion, i think i speak for pretty much everyone when i say we are bored to tears of hearing your opinion of Brian Noble time and time again. Your like a stuck record going over the same thing. Despite you trying to worm your way out of it in the past you have said Noble won things at Bradford by luck. No i cannot be bothered to search through pages of past posts because theres so many of yours having a go at Noble that it would take me forever to find it. If your expert opinion of him not being able to take us to the next level is as accurate of your early season opinion that he could not coach attacking/exciting rugby then i think we would all be wise to take your opinion with a very large dose of salt!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg

Quote: Red Hot Jalapeno "LOL IN YOUR OPINION. You told us he could not coach exciting/attacking rugby yet this season we have shown on more than one occasion that he can. Whilst your entitled to your opinion, i think i speak for pretty much everyone when i say we are bored to tears of hearing your opinion of Brian Noble time and time again. Your like a stuck record going over the same thing. Despite you trying to worm your way out of it in the past you have said Noble won things at Bradford by luck. No i cannot be bothered to search through pages of past posts because theres so many of yours having a go at Noble that it would take me forever to find it. If your expert opinion of him not being able to take us to the next level is as accurate of your early season opinion that he could not coach attacking/exciting rugby then i think we would all be wise to take your opinion with a very large dose of salt!'"

You have already tried to find it and failed.

I do not share your opinion of him only time will tell who is right. What i do find very sad is that you only chose to post after a good win ie twice all year, yet cannot deffend or criticise after a shocking coaching performance.

What i did say just so you can use it for future knowledge is that Brian Noble took on many of the principles and structures put into place by other coaches, at no point did i mention luck nor did i mention i could do any better. Recently i have been critical of our defensive structure, something that often when we play well is different to when we play poorly, our lack of dummy runners has been an issue as has the enthusiasm and motivation of the team.

From the report in the paper Noble feels like he has to speak out to say he wants to say so clearly he appreciates his future is in the balance.

Here is the thing that i must emphasis I DO NOT WANT NOBLE TO FAIL, i want him to be the Wigan coach for the next decade, but to do that he has to earn that right by producing a team that can consistantly perform to its best which clearly we have not done or got anywhere near.

Your immature nature of making the cameo digs when ever they do play well makes me smile, its a good job myself others who disagree with you do not come on and have a pop at you after a poor performance or thats all we would have time to do.

Noble may well prove me wrong i dearly hope he does but forgive me for not doing cartwheels for us producing 3 acceptable performances in 12, (Bradford and both Saints games). Especially given the fact we sit in 9th and all the other big teams round us are finding consistent form in Wire and Bradford and have a game in hand over us.

I also love the arrogance of you speaking for everyone else on the forum!! icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41943_1280660400.jpg
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple? "unless you hit it directly at Paul Wellens, it's several minutes before he'll arrive at the ball." Saddened "I'm done. Brown out. If LMS, Turner or Walker get in any match day squad i will not be attending from now on in." LFC Saint:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41943.jpg

To put another perspective on this debateand I know there is a lot of assumptions in there) surely that well and truly answers the question as to whether he should stay?

I said a few weeks ago Noble must go but if this turnaround is his work and the team keep improving under him then I am happy to be proved wrong. However, I still beleive we would be better off with a new top class coach.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.:

Quote: saintnickle34 "Brett have you noticed that you sit outside the top 8 having played 1 or 2 more games than the rest of the comp and have lost more games than you have won???Its no good just jockying for position if you come 6,7,or 8th becaue you havent got a realistic chance of winning the grand final.If that is moving forward and improving ,,well good for you!!'"

Actually we have.

Have you looked at the playoff format this year?

I presume you haven't or else you would point to 5th-8th not 6,7 or 8.
If I understand this correctly (which I believe I do):

Point 1: It makes very little difference where you come in the top 4.

Point 2: It makes very little difference where you come 5th-8th

A team finishing 5th-8th and making it to the Grand Final will play ONE more game than a team out of the top 4 doing so.

Right so that's ONE more game. 80 mins if you like.

That's why it's so important to finish on form. As long as we make the 8, then all form up to then is irrelevant. (or certainly much much less relevant than it has ever been)

In summary, if you "can" make the top 4 at a canter then do so, but do NOT break your backs trying to achieve it.

In either case save yourself for the playoffs, and ensure that you are hitting your peak then.

That's why I do not buy this "we need to win x% of our games" at this early stage. I suspect so does Noble.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: EastStandFaithful "To put another perspective on this debateand I know there is a lot of assumptions in there) surely that well and truly answers the question as to whether he should stay?

I said a few weeks ago Noble must go but if this turnaround is his work and the team keep improving under him then I am happy to be proved wrong. However, I still beleive we would be better off with a new top class coach.'"

I think there are more than an awful lot of assumptions in there.

To suggest that, because we've beaten Saints, it must be because Shaun Wane has got involved is really like saying I heard a noise one night and that proves the existance of ghosts.

Granted it could mean that, but it could also mean hundreds of other far more likely scenarios.

Noble has proved himself more than capable of rousing this team to good performances. Lack of consistancy has been his downfall. I can only tell you that I'm assured this whole business about Shaun Wane waiting in the wings to take over is complete fantasy. Almost as much as these stories about Noble having lost the dressing room and getting his pink slip.

Many of these stories come from the other website, which I'm sure runs 75% of the time on hot air and hope. They used to run regular assassination jobs on IL too, but as he's now assembled something like a decent squad, and has laid yet another myth - namely that he WILL spend money when the right player comes along - they're finding it a little harder to keep criticising him.

214 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
214 posts in 15 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.263671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
19m
Film game
Boss Hog
23m