Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9645.gif
hello:9645.gif

As a long time London Broncos fan, I have to say I'm totally distraught and heartbroken at how badly downhill the club has gone both on and off the pitch. Yes credit to David Hughes where it's due he has almost singlehandedly (along with some unknown dutch fellow) funded the Broncos and without him the club may not even exist. But we are an example of how critically important it is to make the right coaching appointments.
There were many league fans who said that with Tonys return the Broncos would become more competitive this season, now without wanting to say I told you so, I said right from the very start of his reappointment that it was a mistake and we would continue to languish at the bottom of the table.
It was such an epic schoolboy error to rehire a coach who failed in his first tenure on the back of some half decent performances when he was interim coach, we all know that when new coaches come in the players raise their game, so improved performances were hardly surprising. To make such a critical decision at such a time was in hindsight not the best decision, I feel that our management should have dug deeper financially or otherwise in the search for a coach who was going to change the culture of the club.

What Michael Mcguire has done at Wigan and Rabbitohs has been out of this world, he has a no nonsense, no excuses approach and it reflects in the success of those teams, we need either a successful experienced coach like Brian Smith or an up and coming Michael Mcguire type. Nothing else will do for London, if we make the right coaching appointment I'm 1000% convinced that the results and then the crowds will improve in time but we must be a more formidable outfit on the pitch.

Also the marketing of the club needs to be thought through and improved beyond where it is now, wherever we play next season we must engage with the local community and let the people know that we're there.
Something as simple as going into the local bakery and asking them to display a Broncos scarf in the window would do wonders, it says that the locals are behind the club and that the club has a presence in the area. The club could hire some volunteers and get them to go out to every shop, nook and cranny and ask them to put broncos merchandise on display. Marketing is simple, and I dont see any evidence that the club is making an effort to promote Super League or the sport.

Fans of other clubs say we are not performing as a club and need to be kicked out of the league....I say we are not managed properly and good management is the difference between a club that excels an one that doesn't.
I'm still confident that if the club is managed as it should that be we can become a formidable force within the sport.....look at the Melbourne Storm.

RankPostsTeam
International Star614No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61659_1364415703.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61659.jpg

You need heart, head and rugby league savvy. The whole club has no idea what these things are.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I get a bit tired of hearing about how David Hughes is a saint: he gets 100% say for contributing his money, but also spends Sky viewer's money, away fans' money, sponsors' money, your money and my money on this worsening debacle.

Who knows whether he'd have to contribute much at all if we didn't have this unending slide in crowds, income and results. It'd be a bit hard to attract other investors when you run up a bill this large and have nothing to show for it.

To waste his money is his choice, but it's hard to give him points when he wastes everyone else's money too.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47232_1397587565.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47232.png

If you look at what Tony Rea started with, you could loosely break down the squad into four segments.

(Anyone noted in red has been released by Rea; anyone in green has been signed by him and the rest were awarded their last contract by Powell or Mac)

PLAYERS OF SUPER LEAGUE STANDARD, WITH A GOOD FITNESS TRACK-RECORD OVER THEIR CAREER
Dorn, Dixon, Channing, Melling, Witt, Kaufusi, Bryant, Bailey, Clubb, Wheeldon, Lee, Cook, Fisher, Lovell, Rinaldi., Gower,

PLAYERS OF SUPER LEAGUE STANDARD, BUT LIKELY TO PLAY ONLY 1 in 2 GAMES
Colbon, Rodney, Robertson, Sarginson, Temata, Golden

PLAYERS WHO WOULD NOT BE A REGULAR STARTER IN A TOP 10 SUPER LEAGUE TEAM
Grady, Krasniqi, O'Callaghan, McMeeken, Hurst, Mendieka, Dollapi, R Thomas, Bryan, Caro, Edwards, Bolger, Bolger, Ridley

PLAYERS WHOSE BEST PERFORMANCES WERE MANY YEARS AGO BUT STILL ON LARGE SALARIES

Randall, Howell

In the group of players of Super League standard, it is important to remember that almost all the regularly fit players on the list were signed from Academies/Reserves or from a club who featured regularly in the bottom 3. The ones with a less consistent track record were signed from bigger clubs, but are available less often, and a factor in them becoming available on the market was their injury records.

The other two lists are full of players who are yet to prove they are regular Super League players or have proven they are not.

I don't know what anyone could do with this squad, be it Wayne Bennett or Rob Powell, for there are lots of liabilities and few assets, but Tony is pruning out when he can.

The fact is that Tony is prepared to get his hands dirty and clear out the dead wood when previous managers would auto renew year after year even when players didn't deserve a new deal or had poor fitness records.

David Hughes has seemingly given out the Head Coach job without a rigourous process on more than one occasion so he can be questioned. The real issue is that a 30 year old Youth Coach was given the salary cap to spend and he was taken for a ride. icon_motor.gif

Tony will need 18 months to reverse this damage, it is frustrating, but he is clearing out the dead wood when given the chance. We will improve in each of the next two years, I am sure that will happen.

I know there are a lot of nay sayers who take each defeat as another nail in the coffin, but I am sure they are wrong.

There is no chance of a 12 team Super League if the clubs are given a vote - none at all. The likes of Salford, Wakefield, Castleford and London will not vote for it, nor will anyone else in real jeapordy of missing out and the clubs will not want less revenue. The RFL will bottle out from just making changes without consulatation too.

The facts are that there are no credible replacements for London in Super League - we will not be replaced to add in yet another small part of Yorkshire, Lancashire or a second French team and the RFL have buggered up Wales.

So we need to be proportionate, ed off but proportionate. icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5082
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1671282854.png
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-HziERgfk:p2kbb0c5]Gus Mackay we salute you!![/url:p2kbb0c5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1428.png

Quote: markrammond "Blah Blah '"
Face the facts, he isn't getting the best out of the players he has.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

Living down here and watching you guys many a time on a lonely Saturday with nothing else to do, i have defended the London franchise to the hilt with many an RL friend from up north even a couple down here, and seeing the fruits of all the hard work done by coaches and amateur teams and the rise of the talent pool in the south i'll still defend the London franchise BUT not this one.
Broncos time for me is up, it has stagnated at the bottom of the SL pool and there are plenty of turds floating in it.

Time to show the door to Broncos, look for someone with more ambition than a club happy to be just renting stadia, employing youth coaches out of their depth and sticking by them, re-employing a failed coach and sticking by people whose job it is to improve the crowds and revenue but makes it worse.

Broncos it was good while it lasted but now you've over stayed your welcome and the only person you're entertaining at this party is yourself, no one else is amused anymore

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1671282854.png
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-HziERgfk:p2kbb0c5]Gus Mackay we salute you!![/url:p2kbb0c5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1428.png

Quote: Horatio Yed "Living down here and watching you guys many a time on a lonely Saturday with nothing else to do, i have defended the London franchise to the hilt with many an RL friend from up north even a couple down here, and seeing the fruits of all the hard work done by coaches and amateur teams and the rise of the talent pool in the south i'll still defend the London franchise BUT not this one.
Broncos time for me is up, it has stagnated at the bottom of the SL pool and there are plenty of turds floating in it.

Time to show the door to Broncos, look for someone with more ambition than a club happy to be just renting stadia, employing youth coaches out of their depth and sticking by them, re-employing a failed coach and sticking by people whose job it is to improve the crowds and revenue but makes it worse.

Broncos it was good while it lasted but now you've over stayed your welcome and the only person you're entertaining at this party is yourself, no one else is amused anymore'"

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said the club lacks ambition. It is not impossible to be succesful in London, we have a very large potential audience and player base. In that respect we actually have more potential than any of our rivals. However, the obvious thing is that we need work hard off the pitch and also to have a competitive team on the field in order to (i) attract an audience and (ii) retain the players we develop. Rather than showing focus and ambition the management has, over the last few years, stuck its head up its icon_moon.gif and prioritised snake oil solutions like ground changes to solve our problems.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20628
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44480_1390845286.jpg
It's been fun.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44480.jpg

People who makes millions yet can't employ decent people what know what they doing, it's almost management dished out by a clown on the apprentice.
Can't identify a brown site either in London or its very edges for a stadium? Have they even looked?

I can't believe a man of Hughes intellect is such a blind idiot.
Initially we he took over the cluba ll he had to do from the off was
a) spend big on a top class coach
b) spend big on marketing.

Everything else would have fell into place and he'd have probably saved millions.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47232_1397587565.png

The difference between success and failure is ultimately down to the identification, acqusition and retention of players.

The team that was continuously the weakest for the longest amount of time was the Hudderfield Giants who at one point had lost something like 97 of 107 games in and around the time of the merger with Sheffield. They were bottom year after year.

Over the years they went out to acquire the few quality players from their local neighbours of Wakefield and Castelford plus the weaker sides like Salford and over time have been able to absorb players also from the likes of Bradford.

They are now second and clever recruitment and excellent conditioning have been the key.

Other sides that have been bad with their recruitment include Catalans who finished bottom just two or three years ago, only to turn it round entirely with a single good recruitment spree in one year.

Whilst if you look at those who have fallen from glory, again it is the same story - St Helens had a golden generation of players but failed to put in place a recruitment strategy to replace them, whilst Bradford went from World Champions to nothingness in just a few years from signing average players from the lesser clubs.

I'm not saying a new coach would have zero effect.

But I am saying look at the facts - we have been a bottom three team for five years and have been in shocking form starting in June 2009 till now and that has been under three different coaches.

We have been a bottom three side for years and now we are one without one of our best players who walked out mid week and with a massive injury list.

We just have to face facts, that it will take time to build up again, as we have now bottomed out.

Cheers
Rammo

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1671282854.png

Quote: markrammond "We just have to face facts, that it will take time to build up again, as we have now bottomed out.'"

While I agree our squad is certainly not the best and needs rebuilding, it is capable of better than current results.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach839No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9645.gif
hello:9645.gif

Agree, and lets not also forget we are spending the full cap.

RankPostsTeam
International Star92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2013Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Huddersfield came bottom two years running, saved one year from relegation by the merger of Gateshead Thunder and Hull and the other time by the merger of Sheffield Eagles and Huddersfield. Look at Huddersfield now - good coaches and team of players who want to win

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47232_1397587565.png

There is always hope.

Super League 3: Huddersfield Played 23, won 2 - Bottom
Super League 4: Hudderfield Played 30, won 5 - Bottom
Super League 5: Huddersfield-Sheffield Played 28, Won 4 - Bottom
Super League 6: Huddersfield Played 20, won 6 - Bottom
Huddersfield finally relegated for Super League 7
Then bounced back to finish 3rd from bottom with 11 wins in Super League 8

Things just take time.

And as for the cap, how much worth of salary do you think was on the field for us yesterday? Under £1m?

I am sure there was one point when Warrington brought on a front row of three current or former England internationals off the bench at the same time yesterday, icon_biggrin.gifOH:

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1671282854.png

Quote: markrammond "There is always hope.

Super League 3

Time alone doesn't solve anything. First of all you need to have the desire to change and have a plan on how to do it.

We won't be able to improve our squad when we are unlikely to be able to offer anything other than short terms contracts. I suspect our squad next season (assuming we are even around) will be similar quality or worse to this year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1109No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jbuzza "While I agree our squad is certainly not the best and needs rebuilding, it is capable of better than current results.'"

Absolutely. It is a better squad than Cas, Salford and Widnes have and ought to be battling with Wakefield, Bradford, Hull KR.

The results are well below par and the performances are worse than the ones that saw Powell booted out.

51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.7919921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Batley Bulldogs H
Kettykat
4m
TV Games - Not Hull
The games af
6m
Salford - Away
The games af
28m
Woeful performance against London
ploinerrhino
Recent
Planning for next season
reffy
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
apollosghost
Recent
Tonights game v Giants
Uncle Rico
Recent
Round 16 London Home
Once were Lo
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
28s
TV Games - Not Hull
The games af
35s
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
40s
TV games not Wire
Smiffy27
45s
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
1m
Leeds
the-bearded-
1m
ploinerrhino
1m
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
apollosghost
1m
This site is crap
Philbetter
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Rate My Takeaway
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
ploinerrhino
TODAY
Accountability
Murphy
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
Philbetter
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
Uncle Rico
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Kettykat
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Once were Lo
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M +13,381 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Sydney
42-12
St.George
 FT
Hover 
Canberra
12-16
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
       League One 2024-R14
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Thu 11th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
10:50
Dolphins
v
Souths
 Fri 12th Jul
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Warrington
v
Leeds
Warrington
v
St.Helens
 Sat 13th Jul
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 7th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Sydney42-12St.George
NRL
LIVE
Canberra12-16Newcastle
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
CH 14 Toulouse12-12Bradford
WSL2024 7 LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024 7 FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20
Salford 15 295 288 7 20

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10