JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

London Skolars and Harlequins Rugby League are pleased to announce the sixth annual ETF Securities Capital Challenge will take place on Friday 22nd January, 2010 at 1.45pm.

The yearly event sees London’s two professional rugby league clubs go head to head at the esteemed HAC Artillery Ground in the heart of the City of London.

The ETF Securities Capital Challenge is organised by Skolars, Harlequins and London RL to offer rugby league fans and newcomers to the sport a chance to experience an exhilarating and competitive match in a unique setting.

As in previous years, both sides are expected to field strong sides – including new star signings and international players – as the teams prepare for their forthcoming seasons.

The two clubs share a very healthy and reciprocal relationship off the field and are pioneering a dual-registration system to allow them to mutually benefit from the capital’s best talent. However, this will be put to one side when they take the pitch.

Super League side Harlequins are the reigning Capital Challenge trophy holders but Skolars will be hoping to avenge last year’s result under their new coach, James Massara.

Harlequins Rugby League head coach, Brian McDermott said:

“Over the years this fixture has grown in stature to become a hold a very important place in our calendar. People involved in rugby league in London have an inner drive which makes them go above and beyond, and that makes events like this possible.

“The match is a great competitive event and as well as producing a spectacle for fans and City workers, it’s very valuable to both teams in preparing for the forthcoming season.”

Hector McNeil, chairman of London Skolars and ETF Securities said:

“The ETF Securities Capital Challenge has grown considerably in its short history and is developing into a flagship event on the London sporting calendar.

“Harlequins and Skolars are working together closer than ever before off the field, but it’s great to get a chance to pit our two teams against each other on the field.”

The RFL London Business Development Manager, Ady Spencer commented:

“On behalf of London RL and the RFL can I say how excited we are to be continuing our relationship with the HAC and ETF Securities. This August we enjoyed a fantastic corporate touch tournament under a sun-baked sky with participation from many of the City’s major institutions and it is fantastic to be back going back in the winter for the 6th year in a row for another ‘Capital Challenge’.”

Another exciting aspect of the 2010 Challenge is the Political Animals taking on a Media XIII. The Political Animals are made up from individuals and associates of the All-Party Parliamentary Rugby League Group and featured for the first time at Augusts Friday Night Lights.

Details of the Political Animals v Media XIII will be announced at a later date.

For further information please contact Paul Thorman on 020 8888 8488 or paulthorman@skolarsrl.com.

The ETF Securities Capital Challenge
Harlequins Rugby League v London Skolars
Friday 22nd January 2010, 1.45pm kick-off
HAC Artillery Ground, London, EC1Y 2BO
London Skolars and Harlequins Rugby League are pleased to announce the sixth annual ETF Securities Capital Challenge will take place on Friday 22nd January, 2010 at 1.45pm.

The yearly event sees London’s two professional rugby league clubs go head to head at the esteemed HAC Artillery Ground in the heart of the City of London.

The ETF Securities Capital Challenge is organised by Skolars, Harlequins and London RL to offer rugby league fans and newcomers to the sport a chance to experience an exhilarating and competitive match in a unique setting.

As in previous years, both sides are expected to field strong sides – including new star signings and international players – as the teams prepare for their forthcoming seasons.

The two clubs share a very healthy and reciprocal relationship off the field and are pioneering a dual-registration system to allow them to mutually benefit from the capital’s best talent. However, this will be put to one side when they take the pitch.

Super League side Harlequins are the reigning Capital Challenge trophy holders but Skolars will be hoping to avenge last year’s result under their new coach, James Massara.

Harlequins Rugby League head coach, Brian McDermott said:

“Over the years this fixture has grown in stature to become a hold a very important place in our calendar. People involved in rugby league in London have an inner drive which makes them go above and beyond, and that makes events like this possible.

“The match is a great competitive event and as well as producing a spectacle for fans and City workers, it’s very valuable to both teams in preparing for the forthcoming season.”

Hector McNeil, chairman of London Skolars and ETF Securities said:

“The ETF Securities Capital Challenge has grown considerably in its short history and is developing into a flagship event on the London sporting calendar.

“Harlequins and Skolars are working together closer than ever before off the field, but it’s great to get a chance to pit our two teams against each other on the field.”

The RFL London Business Development Manager, Ady Spencer commented:

“On behalf of London RL and the RFL can I say how excited we are to be continuing our relationship with the HAC and ETF Securities. This August we enjoyed a fantastic corporate touch tournament under a sun-baked sky with participation from many of the City’s major institutions and it is fantastic to be back going back in the winter for the 6th year in a row for another ‘Capital Challenge’.”

Another exciting aspect of the 2010 Challenge is the Political Animals taking on a Media XIII. The Political Animals are made up from individuals and associates of the All-Party Parliamentary Rugby League Group and featured for the first time at Augusts Friday Night Lights.

Details of the Political Animals v Media XIII will be announced at a later date.

For further information please contact Paul Thorman on 020 8888 8488 or paulthorman@skolarsrl.com.

The ETF Securities Capital Challenge
Harlequins Rugby League v London Skolars
Friday 22nd January 2010, 1.45pm kick-off
HAC Artillery Ground, London, EC1Y 2BO

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member20315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg
[quote="king warrior":2yifc012]Dave do us a favour and gtfo you wopper[/quote:2yifc012]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2760.jpg

I've lost count of the number of lies in that post.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2369No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30950_1311692142.jpg
Don't regret the rules I broke, when I die... [b:2ocyo9vn]BURY ME IN SMOKE[/b:2ocyo9vn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30950.jpg

Quote: Dave Lister "I've lost count of the number of lies in that post.'"

Would you care to elaborate?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg
[quote="king warrior":2yifc012]Dave do us a favour and gtfo you wopper[/quote:2yifc012]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2760.jpg

Quote: Skolar "London Skolars and Harlequins Rugby League are pleased to announce the sixth annual ETF Securities Capital Challenge will take place on Friday 22nd January, 2010 at 1.45pm.

Harlequins Rugby League head coach, Brian McDermott saidimportant place in our calendar. People involved in rugby league in London have an inner drive which makes them go above and beyond, and that makes events like this possible.

Hector McNeil, chairman of London Skolars and ETF Securities saidflagship event on the London sporting calendar.

The RFL London Business Development Manager, Ady Spencer commentedexciting aspect of the 2010 Challenge is the Political Animals taking on a Media XIII. The Political Animals are made up from individuals and associates of the All-Party Parliamentary Rugby League Group and featured for the first time at Augusts Friday Night Lights.

For further information please contact Paul Thorman on 020 8888 8488 or
Quote: Skolar "London Skolars and Harlequins Rugby League are pleased to announce the sixth annual ETF Securities Capital Challenge will take place on Friday 22nd January, 2010 at 1.45pm.

Harlequins Rugby League head coach, Brian McDermott saidimportant place in our calendar. People involved in rugby league in London have an inner drive which makes them go above and beyond, and that makes events like this possible.

Hector McNeil, chairman of London Skolars and ETF Securities saidflagship event on the London sporting calendar.

The RFL London Business Development Manager, Ady Spencer commentedexciting aspect of the 2010 Challenge is the Political Animals taking on a Media XIII. The Political Animals are made up from individuals and associates of the All-Party Parliamentary Rugby League Group and featured for the first time at Augusts Friday Night Lights.

For further information please contact Paul Thorman on 020 8888 8488 or

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2369No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30950_1311692142.jpg
Don't regret the rules I broke, when I die... [b:2ocyo9vn]BURY ME IN SMOKE[/b:2ocyo9vn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30950.jpg

Thank you. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg

The flagship comment amuses me the most. The FA Cup Final, The Challenge Cup Final, the NFL at Wembley, The EFT Securities Capital Challenge icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2369No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30950_1311692142.jpg

Maybe it's meant as flagship for London RL?

Will you be going?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg

Quote: The Curtism "Maybe it's meant as flagship for London RL?

Will you be going?'"

Yes because Sporting Calendar is code for London RL icon_lol.gif

No chance of me going, terrible idea that I will never support.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman620No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Please support Rob Purdham's testimonial season:

I would think it is a flagship event for the Skolars. Off the field they get to meet dozens of City types and on the field the chance to play a Super League side.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2369No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30950_1311692142.jpg

Quote: Dave Lister "No chance of me going, terrible idea that I will never support.'"

Not even with the prospect of cheeky ales before and after?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg

Quote: Kenda "I would think it is a flagship event for the Skolars. Off the field they get to meet dozens of City types and on the field the chance to play a Super League side.'"

Dozens of city types who won't give a hoot about RL and the Skolars in particular.

Yet another event that has no reciprocal benefits. We get nothing out of this.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2369No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30950_1311692142.jpg

Quote: Dave Lister "Dozens of city types who won't give a hoot about RL and the Skolars in particular.

Yet another event that has no reciprocal benefits. We get nothing out of this.'"

Except a chance to watch a bit of rugby league pre-season. I'm usually gagging for it by then and it's just round the corner from where I work...

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg

Quote: The Curtism "Not even with the prospect of cheeky ales before and after?'"

I can do that in my local and not have to travel miles and pay money to get into a friendly featuring one of the worst Super League sides and a team who only managed 1 victory all season.

I bet the city boys will be queueing up to invest in the Skolars.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2369No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30950_1311692142.jpg

Quote: Dave Lister "I can do that in my local and not have to travel miles and pay money to get into a friendly featuring one of the worst Super League sides and a team who only managed 1 victory all season.
'"

That's a fair comment.

Still... I'll probably go. Take the day off work. Hopefully meet up with a few of my fellow Quins supporters before hand to get suitably refreshed, enjoy the rugby and then continue to get refreshed into the evening and beyond.

Sounds like a bloody good day to me icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg

Quote: The Curtism "That's a fair comment.

Still... I'll probably go. Take the day off work. Hopefully meet up with a few of my fellow Quins supporters before hand to get suitably refreshed, enjoy the rugby and then continue to get refreshed into the evening and beyond.

Sounds like a bloody good day to me
If it was on my doorstep like it sounds like it is for you then maybe I would be SLIGHTLY tempted.

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.02978515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC