JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Could not find the other thread fortunate to save some peoples blushes.
Now is the tim eto look at the season and Anderson as coach.

Losing three games or winning five on the bounce means absolutely nothing. Reviewing it when it is all over is the time.

Firstly.

| Have said a lot about us needing a new half. The main reason for this is that i have been led to believe from a reliable source is that Danny Brough's ankle is shot and that all season he has been playing with a pain killing injection before and after EVERY game.

That is one of the reasons he has at times not taken on all the kicking duties.

If True that is a real concern firstly that we could not rest him and secondly that we had no one else who could come into the team to replace him. We are effectively a one man team at the minute. We need somneone else to partner him or to provide quality backing up if he needs a rest.

Brough needs to learn now to play a different game ala Briers in his last two years. He needs to Marshall the troops and run the plays. To do that he needs a good running half to work with him.
The club will decide who but i rate Brierley and Hampshire.

The Club should also tell him to retire from playing from Scotland at the end of this year. We pay his wages and he needs to be playing for us. He needs a rest and understand to lengthen his career.

The forwards.

Too often in big games our forwards get bullied and lose out to other teams.
Against the top sides Wigan and Leeds our forwards often come off second best. We lack aggression and regularly see our players turned on their backs whilst opponeets often are on their front and get quicker play the balls. We rarely see our props fighting to get up for a Quick PTB.

I do not know if that is a quality of player, lack of aggression or coaching but it is a regular feature of the big games. What this does is put our players on the back foot and they constatntly have to scramble and work hard to keep in the game. This leads to fatigue and means that our players cannot concentrate and keep up an 80 minute performance.
Hopefully Rapira will help with this but we need more of a culture change in the pack to bring out a nastier streak.

We have a good selection of forwards with different skills the knack is to make sure they work together on the pitch.

For me the biggest area for development is Lawrence. I think he is a great player. Brilliant tackler. Good effort and decent go forward BUT if he is to develop he needs to change his game. ( this may be a coaching issue). If he is to play at second row he needs to develop some of the centre skills he used to have,. He needs to play wider and fill that role that Ferres used to to create the extra man get the offload and get his centre / winger away. IMHO he is wasted as a tackler battering ram in the middle.

If we need the two SR's playing left and right that allows us to play either a third prop ( taai) or a playmaker at LF ( Gale? ). But we have to have two SR who can play wider with qualities above and beyond running and tackling.

We will miss hughes IMHO.

Hooker at least we have one for next year !!!. Other than that Leeming is a project as well probably another year needed for him. Robbo is shot. Wood injured. We really have struggled in this area.

The Backs

Wardle has to move to SR. Cant pass wont pass ( last week against Leeds and yesterday when he could have got Murph away in the third minute). Strong defensively but needs to move to the pack. Could be a great move for him.

Who then plays at Centre ?

Connor has potential but seems lazy on defence / Laterally very slow. He needs to up his game or the coaches need to work on him. Ballet classes would be a good start ( Seriously).

Full Back

Grix is solid but does not have the ability to take us forward in the longer term. Simpson is a project at least 18 months of development needed. Hampshire would be a great signing full back and half back abilities.

Wings Jerry and Murph are a good first choice but who comes in after them.

The other thing is that the backs and even the halves have a lack of pace. Broughton had the pace but IMHO appeared criminally underused. We need an injection of pace into the team somewhere. The obvious place would be in the halves / FB

Halves,
We have one great one Brough who is playing lame. Then we have Robbo Wood Ellis. None are much better than the other. They should be back up players, or reserve hooker. Would like to see Ellis at LF (possibly starting with a prop type at loose Taai) then Ellis coming on as a playmaker.
This though would not work unless our props starting winning the go forward in big games.

The tactics

Not convinced we have this right. Five kicks and a bit of Brough magic needs something to give some variety. Keep Brough quiet or play him behind a beaten pack and we are knackered.

No doubt everyone will come on here and talk about our great tries against Wakey or wide to west play vs Wire in the 8s.

Those games mean nothing. Big games are what counts. In the big games we get beat. I dont buy the theory it is psychological it is Skill and personnel ( maybe coaching).

The Captain
Anyone but Brough. Needs to concentrate on playing. Hinchcliffe

The coach.

I still think the jury is out and i dont have enough inside knowledge. I am not sure he is getting the best out of players or whether he has to work with what he has. Does he have the support to bring in players. Arte SC negotiations and contract talks right or is he stuck with what he has. But i do feel that the players lack very basic skills. Particularly passing and winning the wrestle. These are coaching things that can be addressed as can the matter of hooker.

I also think we have had a lot of players go backwards since coming to the Giants pr previously
Cudjoe, Huby Patrick. I dont know why but it is a concern.
If you compare how Gale has improved under Powell compared to Ellis under Anderson there is a good parallel. How many on here laughed at Cas getting a Bulls reject in Gale when we took Ellis. Yet who would you prefer now ?

I feel that he has to make some changes for next season otherwise i feel he has gone as far as he can.

The squad.
We do need some changes and there should be some wriggle room.
Patrick wont come back IMHO and should go to Wakey or Bulls ( whoever wins the MPG).
Robbo could go into coaching. These two should create some SC space for a new player.
I cannot see us winning anything or getting any better if our pivots and key players ( 1, 6, 7, 9 and 13) are based on combinations of Grix, Robbo wood and Ellis.

The club.
i am still not convinced we get things right off the field but that is another issue. We have no choiuce in my opinion but to move to evening KOs and give up on Sundays. Pretending to be a sunday team and then having everything changed to other nights is more damaging than making a decision and starting afresh with a new strategy.

The sad fact is that despite the cheerleaders on here. The above issues need to be addressed or we will stay competitive but not move forward.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Huddersfield Giants - "We know our place":

A lot of wisdom in this post.

My view is twofold

1. The spine of the team isn't good enough. Grix is a mid table player, Robbo should retire before he seriously damages himself, and Brough is crocked and getting old. Ellis is better than you give him credit for, but he's not a replacement for Brough, he's a partner for Brough. It's a pity it took half a season and an ankle injury for Brough to let him have the ball. Hinchcliffe is a massive signing for us.

If what you say about Brough's ankle is true, then the club should stop him playing for Scotland.

2. Powder puff forwards who aren't interested when things get tough, and lack the guile to control the PTB/tackle as you mention. Been a problem for a while. My view is that Kopczak is the worst. He may have all the stats, but noone in the game is frightened to play him. I have big hopes for Rapira on this score.

I actually think this team has gone as far as it can, and will only decline from here. The big challenge for Anderson is if he can build another one on the budget he's got.

"The club.
i am still not convinced we get things right off the field but that is another issue. We have no choiuce in my opinion but to move to evening KOs and give up on Sundays. Pretending to be a sunday team and then having everything changed to other nights is more damaging than making a decision and starting afresh with a new strategy."

I'm totally convinced that the off-field side of the club is the root of the problems. There's no ambition whatsoever and a fair amount of incompetence. Where's the training ground - they've been full time pro for near on twenty years yet still train on a municipal pitch? Who is responsible for growing crowds and why haven't they? What the feck is going on with HR such that they get sued by an ex-employee and lose? And on and on it goes. There's some weak leadership backstage. I wonder why Davy lets his money be wasted in this way?

Russell Crowe said something earlier this year about the governance of the game and how you have to question why the crowds in the UK aren't growing and how people are keeping their jobs after repeated failure. If I won the lottery and bought the club off Ken Davy, I'd have Thewlis in on day one wanting a detailed explanation of how he plans to get crowds to 10,000 as a starting point bearing in mind how crowds in his first year in charge were 7,000 average and now they're 6,000 average. WTF does he do all day?

BTW, for me evening kickoffs would be a disaster. I can only really get to Sunday games. I didn't bother with a season ticket this year because it wasn't worth it. To be honest, I'd probably pack it in and just watch the big games on TV now and then. The little family group of nine that I sit with would probably drop to two. But if the business case was there for the move, then it's there. I bet Thewlis et al haven't ever heard the phrase "business case"

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Steve i agree about the Sundays. It has stopped me going because since working away Sundays is the only day i can attend/ But so many sundays get changed
( or it is percieved they do)particularly later in the season that we are now a thursday friday saturday game.

At the minute we do not have a strategy at the club.

Are we a sunday game marketing to families or and evening game catering for adults.

We need to be on eor the other. Trying to please two competing groups is worse than appealing to one.

From my point of view i would have to give up if it is not sundays BUT not enough games are sundays .

Within this i also include away games as f fans like to watch home and away.

We are now in the minority in being a sunday team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain89No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I suggest the experts on here apply for the Coaches job as they know it all.
It is easy to pick on individual players who are told to play to the teams tactics. The whole structure of the Club should be looked at including who is responsible for recruitment? It appears Anderson has little input ,the CO
Runs the show.
I fear that we have hit our peak and without Ken, the future is bleak.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "Are we a sunday game marketing to families or and evening game catering for adults.

We need to be on eor the other. Trying to please two competing groups is worse than appealing to one.'"

Is giving the kids the excuse to stay up late on a Friday or a Saturday really such a bad strategy? Can't say I've noticed that numbers of kids at the Friday teams' grounds suffer substantially in comparison to those playing on sundays.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif

Quote: Clearwing "Is giving the kids the excuse to stay up late on a Friday or a Saturday really such a bad strategy? Can't say I've noticed that numbers of kids at the Friday teams' grounds suffer substantially in comparison to those playing on sundays.'"

NO it is a big thing for us.

Over the last few seasons our friday support compared to Sunday means that we lose about 1 third of season ticket holders dont come to evening KOs.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Durham Giant "NO it is a big thing for us.

Over the last few seasons our friday support compared to Sunday means that we lose about 1 third of season ticket holders dont come to evening KOs.'"

We took the little one along to the Friday Leeds match last week, and she was so tired she didn't really recover until Sunday. It ruined her weekend really. It's a late night, and after a school week as well. It's not really on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9058
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23603_1336678755.jpg
"Look, I'd never use injuries as an excuse..." Daryl Powell:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23603.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "NO it is a big thing for us.

Over the last few seasons our friday support compared to Sunday means that we lose about 1 third of season ticket holders dont come to evening KOs.'"

Fair enough, I guess each clubs' fans have their own preferences.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

DG, i don't always agree with you, but you have hit the nail on the head with a lot of that.
as Steve, alludes to, the spine of the team isn't good enough, apart from Brough, who isn't getting any younger or better, all the others are good players, Ellis in particular has been impressive, but Grix,Robbo,Wood are average for a top 4 side and probably wouldn't get much game time at other clubs?
our forwards are hit and miss and probably too soft, who is the real nasty bstard amongst them in the Mason,Griffin,O'Donnell role? we never seem to hit the forwards at pace giving them a chance of some good go forward, yes they work hard and are decent, but there's no nasty element to our pack, no one who can spark us when our heads are down.
I have to admit that i haven't been impressed by Huby yet, he doesn't look the same player as he did at cas, maybe he's been asked to play a different role, he looks like the LF that the OP mentioned, he seems to be used as a ball player more than a devastating runner/offloader he was at cas.

as for the coach, i disagree, i think PA has done a very good job and he has taken us to another level, Smith,Sharp,Brown and Anderson have all taken us onto the next step, but can we go the to highest step?
im not sure, but its not because of the coach ( allthough i have questioned his bringing back of Ferres and Bailey for the crunch games) despite what people think, we are still a relatively small club compared to Wigan,Leeds,Warrington,Saints,Hull in terms of finance, supporter base, sponsorship, we really shouldn't be competing with these clubs but more the Widnes, Salford and Wakefield. i believe that is because of the good coaching set up we have, despite the lack of finances, and even facilities that we have compared to the big clubs, we are punching above our weight, i feel that the only way to get to the highest level is to be able to compete financially, we cant do that on our crowds.

which is why i now think we should be looking at maximising any revenue streams we can, and that usually means friday nights, targeting corporates, 16-25 yr olds, who are probably the ones with more disposable income and free time,and making a giants game a night out.
it wont please everyone i know but to be honest, we aren't as a family friendly sport as we claim, since very few games are now played on sundays, and even the ones that have had had very poor support.
crowds have decreased lately despite us doing very well on the pitch, we have to look at why and how we address that and also make more money.
at the moment it's either bums on seats or high ticket prices, i know which i would rather have.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: meast "
as for the coach, i disagree, i think PA has done a very good job and he has taken us to another level, Smith,Sharp,Brown and Anderson have all taken us onto the next step, but can we go the to highest step?'"

PA has done a good job. He's had the job three years and here's the points table for all three seasons combined.

Huddersfield Giants 117
Wigan Warriors 113
Leeds Rhinos 110
St Helens 107
Warrington Wolves 106
Castleford Tigers 88
Catalans Dragons 85
Hull FC 74
Widnes Vikings 68
Hull KR 67
Salford Red Devils 52
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats 48
Bradford Bulls 38
London Broncos 14

Consistently the best team in the league over the past three years during the regular season. That's not to be sniffed at.

But the playoffs are the next step and here's the playoff record over the same three seasons

Played Won
Wigan Warriors 7 6
St Helens 5 4
Warrington Wolves 6 4
Catalans Dragons 4 2
Leeds Rhinos 4 1
Huddersfield Giants 6 1
Hull FC 2 1
Widnes Vikings 1 0
Hull KR 1 0
Castleford Tigers 2 0

In the same time we've played five Cup games and only won two - and one of those was against Batley.

The big teams win big games. This Giants team doesn't. Why?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

agree Steve, but maybe the players aren't strong enough mentally to win those games
how many of our current squad have had experience of playing in and winning finals, big games? compared to the other top teams?

hopefully next year our recruitment will pay off?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif

The problem is not psychological. We are not Chokers the team and squad are not good enough to win the big games. We cannot step up when it is needed.

Other teams can up their game we cannot..

Look at what happens in the big games we lose.

The pattern is out forwards lose out, we dont get quick PTBs other teams do.

We are then on the back foot and we have to work extra hard to scramble and have last minute defence. ( their is no lack of effort.) Our players work too hard if anything because we do not intimidate, hurt and dominate their forwards.

We then try to slow it down with hands in and give penalties.

Our forwards have to win the ruck.

Just go back and look at the last two games and count how many times we land on our front and backs and how many times the opponents do.

It is simple. We have big forwards who dont do the job in the big games.

And no one give me any about stats.

Our forwards get dominated in big games.

Just go back and look at the last two games on TV

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2023Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Land of the GIANTS:

l agree with just about all the first two posters said, and simonsays, we are all top coaches, yes we are simon, top armchair coaches, thats why we are on here,, you say, we are done for if Ken leaves, well maybe, just maybe, the next guy might just be better, so far we owe everything to Ken Davy, and his money, without which we would surely be in the championship, or worse, but what if, despite all his success in the finance world, he was out of his depth running a RL club,. Posters have refered to what is happenning off field, l personelly have had quite a few experiances with the club that at best were amaturish, at worst were total disregard for me as a supporter.
Posters have asked questions of Thewlis, well he,s a director, as well as GM, l,ve spoken of this before, looks like a job for life, turkey,s don,t vote for christmas, again l have spoken of what l think is a comfort zone down there, if l am right, then Ken is responsible.
l have already booked my flight for the GF (silly me) my 14th this year, only missed 2 home games, total nearly 10K spend watching them, payed for my ST next year, but that is it, no final (GF or CC)next year and no more me.
A long hard look in the mirror for everyone associated with the Giants, and l mean everyone.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Good job we didn't finish bottom- the Samaritans would need to draft in extra staff for the Huddersfield area!!!!
Perhaps the OP would like to change the thread title to season problems rather than review- cause we only seem to have negatives discussed.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif

Quote: jools "Good job we didn't finish bottom- the Samaritans would need to draft in extra staff for the Huddersfield area!!!!
Perhaps the OP would like to change the thread title to season problems rather than review- cause we only seem to have negatives discussed.'"

Please feel free to give us all the positives. !!
Oh yes Jerry and Brough in the dream team.
Good wins against Wire ( lets ignore the fact this was the worst Wire team in the last five years)

A couple of good wins against Catalans and Saints.

We finished third and were in touching distance of the LLS.

Only 80 minutes from OT.
#
My view is that these positives are all smoke and mirrors and just hide the fact that we are not really improving. A 7% reduction in attendances does not look good. Oh you will have an answer for that it is nothing to do with us winning or the rugby we play it is all to do with SKy.

We are where we are because some teams badly underperformed.

If Wire and Saints and Catalans get their act together we will be seventh next season.

All look to have taken steps to improve ( as have we) But there are still some significant issues in our team / structure/ club that need to be addressed.

I am more interested in whether anything will be done to stop that and maybe take us forward.

If you have any suggestions please present them.

Alternatively if i have missed any great positives please feel free to let us know.

45 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
45 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.63818359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
Marcus's Bic
4m
Rumours thread
altofts wild
5m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
rollin thund
9m
Squad 2024
faxcar
10m
Barrow A
Bull Mania
13m
Squad for HKR
Theeaststand
14m
Panthers v Knights
Hudd-Shay
20m
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
LeythIg
22m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
23m
Film game
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours thread
altofts wild
54s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
rollin thund
59s
Former players
Wanderer
1m
Rumours and signings v9
Itchy Arsena
1m
Huddsh
NickyKiss
1m
Dewsbury away
Prince Buste
1m
Squad for HKR
Theeaststand
1m
2025 Recruitment
dddooommm
2m
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
Rixy
2m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
Rixy
TODAY
Panthers v Knights
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Barrow A
Bull Mania
TODAY
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
TODAY
5 countries tender bids to host the 2030 RLWC
Huddersfield
TODAY
Jack Welsby out for 8 weeks with injury
Huddersfield
TODAY
Dewsbury away
Prince Buste
TODAY
Josh Jones
The Avenger
TODAY
Todays chairmans address
faxcar
TODAY
Mid Season fans forum
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Theeaststand
TODAY
Josh Jones
CarlB
TODAY
Lannon
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information 3/8/24
Sir Gregory
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse Saturday 10/8/24
Jemmo
TODAY
Sheffield v Dons Sunday 4/8/24 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity songs
JINJER
TODAY
Jeylon Hodgson
AdamH
TODAY
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Jarrod Sammut
Bull Mania
TODAY
ONeil out long term
NickyKiss
TODAY
Burgess signs extension till 26
wire2004
TODAY
Lewis Baxter
Jemmo
TODAY
Huddsh
NickyKiss
TODAY
Trueman
Chris71
TODAY
Oh when the Saints
WIZEB
TODAY
New Players
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
leeds owl
TODAY
Luke Gale announces his retirement
Bullseye
TODAY
Aston Shefield
Bullseye
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 3,223 ↑2680,09014,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
09:00
NZ Warriors
v
Parramatta
11:00
Dolphins
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R20
20:00
Warrington
v
Hull KR
 TOMORROW
06:00
Gold Coast
v
Brisbane
08:30
Melbourne
v
St.George
10:35
Cronulla
v
Souths
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
LeedsW
15:00
Hull FC
v
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R20
Swinton
v
Toulouse
17:30
Salford
v
Leeds
 Sun 4th Aug
05:00
Penrith
v
Newcastle
07:05
Canterbury
v
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
12:00
BarrowW
v
St.HelensW
Wire W
v
York V
WiganW
v
Hudds W
LondonB
v
Catalans
       League One 2024-R18
Keighley
v
Newcastle
Oldham
v
Midlands
Rochdale
v
Cornwall
Workington
v
Crusaders
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 2nd Aug
SL
Warrington-Hull KR
Sat 3rd Aug
SL
Hull FC-St.Helens
SL
17:30
Salford-Leeds
Sun 4th Aug
SL
LondonB-Catalans
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Thu 1st Aug
SL 20 Castleford10-20Leigh
SL 20 Wigan26-14Huddersfield
NRL 22 Wests30-48NQL Cowboys
Sun 28th Jul
NRL 21 St.George10-46Penrith
NRL 21 Dolphins14-21Gold Coast
NRL 21 Canberra32-12Souths
CH 19 Batley16-22Halifax
CH 19 Doncaster37-30Barrow
CH 19 Sheffield78-24Whitehaven
CH 19 Wakefield46-18Featherstone
CH 19 Widnes25-6Bradford
CH 19 York34-4Swinton
L1 17 Newcastle34-44Cornwall
L1 17 Hunslet24-32Workington
L1 17 Keighley36-12Midlands
L1 17 Rochdale10-14Oldham
Sat 27th Jul
SL 19 Salford30-22Castleford
SL 19 Catalans24-16Hull FC
NRL 21 Brisbane16-41Canterbury
NRL 21 NQL Cowboys30-22Cronulla
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 9 264 126 138 14
Warrington 10 266 135 131 14
St.Helens 10 229 110 119 14
Catalans 9 210 122 88 14
Salford 10 198 186 12 14
Hull KR 9 214 129 85 12

Leeds 10 204 172 32 12
Huddersfield 10 234 181 53 10
Leigh 9 188 172 16 5
Castleford 10 180 292 -112 5
Hull FC 10 104 352 -248 2
LondonB 10 82 394 -312 0
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 17 584 206 378 32
Sheffield 17 488 283 205 24
Toulouse 16 468 220 248 23
Widnes 17 410 307 103 21
Bradford 17 397 297 100 21
Doncaster 17 318 410 -92 17

York 18 428 345 83 16
Featherstone 17 440 359 81 16
Batley 17 284 366 -82 16
Swinton 17 342 422 -80 12