JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

Bit of a mixed response, as expected really

like i have said you cant knock the club for trying, not the best game to get the atmosphere going with what was dished up on the field

the band i think do need to follow what the fans are chanting though which could come in time

think it will be quite good on a friday night on sky with everyone getting involved!

lets face it the atmosphere before this band was rubbish so cant be much worse, give it a chance... the usual singers seem to have their noses put out just because it wasnt their idea and been overshadowed by the band.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

Quote: MrPhilb "Can't believe what I have been reading on social media

Only 3792 Giants fans compared to 3945 from Hull

Wow'"

icon_lol.gif dont believe all you see on social media

2500 is a more true figure of the hull fc, which was very good.

sure someone on here will have the exact figure in the away end.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

My issue with bands, and because at my football team we have had years of it, Is the band playing stuff completely different to what the fans are singing therefore drowning out the singing. They could be ok by just keepin the Rhythym/beat to a song going but it's the idea of them just playing random tunes at random times that annoys me. It could work if the band and fans work together but if it's a case of the band just playing for their own pleasure then it will only cause friction to those in that area. Maybe if they are to be a fixture they could move round the stands though rather than in the same place.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

DG, as I said I have no problem if they just help get the crowd going or if they join in with a song but they just played random tunes when the game was up and the crowd disheartened.. Playing the tune to Leeds' southstanders song is not going to get giants fans singing along when we are 19-0 down!
If they have to stay then a bit of research into what the fans sing and when would be a good start.. The only one they got about right was the seven nation army one..just belting out random tunes won't help

I don't call it moaning I call it people offering their thoughts and opinions which is what the OP asked for

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman11032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
939.gif
[color=#800000:2lx59zd0]FARTOWN FOREVER[/color:2lx59zd0] [color=#800000:2lx59zd0]FARTOWN LEGENDS - Danny, Eorl, Reilly, Stan and Wally[/color:2lx59zd0]:939.gif

When I first heard them I did think oh dear, but because they are not too close and not playing too often, it wasn't bad at all. Maybe they will be more effective if the players on the pitch try to entertain.

RankPostsTeam
International Star376No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree with what a lot of people are saying. The band need to be more cohesive with the singers, however that will only work if they are accepted. Also I think it is completely unfair to call-out/victimise the singers at the back of the stand. Everyone up there tries there absolute hardest to sing songs which are accessible to everyone and it isn't their fault that no one joins in! The only way these fan ideas will move forward is if the fanbase unites, too many of us argue (not discuss) ideas and it won't get us anywhere. It would be nice if for once we could get everyone pulling in the same direction towards one goal, which should be making this club successful and attractive to Huddersfield people.

TBC
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach994No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Keep the band. Learn from mistakes. 10 games in we'll all be in tune. Result.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg

Quote: TBC "Keep the band. Learn from mistakes. 10 games in we'll all be in tune. Result.'"

icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach359No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13072.gif
DON'T DIE WITH THE MUSIC IN YOU:13072.gif

Singers and band United will never be defeated!!!

Personally thought the band was okay but disjointed approach in that no one was expecting it so did not join in enough. Bit like the Chelsea tune played before kick off these ideas could help but club need to get fans involved rather than going their own way causing resentment, mistrust, or just confusion.

Too early to tell - but if just a few fans did team up with the band and supported the walk on tune then who knows - it might just catch on - and could make a real improvement to the game day atmosphere?

Will the band travel away I wonder - always a better atmosphere created by the die hard fans at away grounds even when small in numbers. Good chance for them to bond with those who do sing and coordinate what is played when etc...???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg

Quote: devoniangiant "Singers and band United will never be defeated!!!

Personally thought the band was okay but disjointed approach in that no one was expecting it so did not join in enough. Bit like the Chelsea tune played before kick off these ideas could help but club need to get fans involved rather than going their own way causing resentment, mistrust, or just confusion.

Too early to tell - but if just a few fans did team up with the band and supported the walk on tune then who knows - it might just catch on - and could make a real improvement to the game day atmosphere?

Will the band travel away I wonder - always a better atmosphere created by the die hard fans at away grounds even when small in numbers. Good chance for them to bond with those who do sing and coordinate what is played when etc...???'"

yeh that would be good if they could come to away games too, certainly be able to get upto speed with the chants/songs then

RankPostsTeam
International Star4
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73598_1424285924.jpg
Guinness World Record winning athlete International Bottom 3rd Cornet Superstar Modest to a fault Sponsor me here www.justgiving.com/GNRTimbo or text TIMH95 £amount to 70070:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73598.jpg

Afternoon All,

I have been reading the comments about the Giants Band with some interest and thought now might be the right time to make my first post.

As one of the players in the band that played at the Hull FC game I wanted to add my 10 pence worth.

First of all I'd like to say thank you to those who have made nice/constructive comments both on here and at the game - We understand that the first game was always going to be difficult and that our arrival would provoke a mixed reaction. The atmosphere was tough, not least because of the performance on the pitch - as a couple of people have commented it might have been better (not least for the band) had the team actually scored a point icon_wink.gif

As has also been mentioned - it might be better if the band worked a little closer with the singers. We considered this but thought, for the first game at least, we quite frankly didn't want to p**s anyone off (apparently we failed on that one) or tread on anyone's toes so opted to keep our distance. Obviously we would love to work together with the noise makers in the Giants support and hope we can in the future.

There were a couple of comments criticising the music we played. Well all I can say to that is stick with us - Seven Nation Army and Great Escape were requests but we also need your input as to what to play. We can change what we play to fit in with the support... we also plan to be at away games starting with Leeds next week so feel free to come and say hi (beer donations are always gratefully received icon_wink.gif ).

Overall our hope is just to add a bit more noise now and again, provide a laugh here and there, not upset too many folk or have people wanting to move stands and generally not have people think we are a warm cup of sick.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1078
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bando "Afternoon All,

I have been reading the comments about the Giants Band with some interest and thought now might be the right time to make my first post.

As one of the players in the band that played at the Hull FC game I wanted to add my 10 pence worth.

First of all I'd like to say thank you to those who have made nice/constructive comments both on here and at the game - We understand that the first game was always going to be difficult and that our arrival would provoke a mixed reaction. The atmosphere was tough, not least because of the performance on the pitch - as a couple of people have commented it might have been better (not least for the band) had the team actually scored a point
Really am glad that you have made contact on this forum, certainly a varied group of fans but with you being here opinions and ideas can be voiced properly.

Personally me and my lad partner and the few others with us thought you guys really helped in what was a dire day! Seven nation army was great!

Keep up the good work

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg

Quote: Bando "Afternoon All,

First of all I'd like to say thank you to those who have made nice/constructive comments both on here and at the game - We understand that the first game was always going to be difficult and that our arrival would provoke a mixed reaction. The atmosphere was tough, not least because of the performance on the pitch - as a couple of people have commented it might have been better (not least for the band) had the team actually scored a point
Good to hear from you!

also good to hear that it want a one off and you will be returning, shall look forward to pumping up the atmosphere at leeds icon_biggrin.gifRUMMER:

like you have said i think we need to work together and just get in tune with each other, always going to be difficult at first but could be a great move and also will attract new young fans who will love this type of thing.

people dont like change but i think we have to because we are just stagnant on this front especially at home games

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The board has already requested a meeting between the singers and the band to work together, this will be a good thing if it's done right and will hopefully find a right balance to appease all.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I liked the band, and think given time and effort it will work, I liked The great escape and is an obvious choice when for instance the opposition have several sets on our line but fail to score or think they have scored and have it disallowed, like wise The Dam busters would be good after several sets on the opposition line and we do score. And Maybe Another one bites the dust when we put a big Legal hit on an opposition player however need to be careful with that one that's it not done when a player is badly injured.

83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
1m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
4m