Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9140_1461788770.jpg
Fornicate my fortune:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9140.jpg

As opposed to not choking last week against Leeds, I believe they did choke last night. Loose carries, poor defensive line speed, poor discipline, lack of aggression, lack of offensive structure. They were beaten when the first whistle was blown. IMO that does involve psychological/mental factors. It may well also turn out the team isn't good enough to mix it at semi finals time but last night they didn't even give themselves a chance.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: Baron Greenback "As opposed to not choking last week against Leeds, I believe they did choke last night. Loose carries, poor defensive line speed, poor discipline, lack of aggression, lack of offensive structure. They were beaten when the first whistle was blown. IMO that does involve psychological/mental factors. It may well also turn out the team isn't good enough to mix it at semi finals time but last night they didn't even give themselves a chance.'"

Maybe you are right maybe not. I just thought we looked tired last night and could not get up for a big game.

I think we left too much on the field last week after we lost against Leeds.

If it was psychological we would not have matched Leeds for 74 minutes last week.

We matched Wigan yesterday for about 6 minutes.

Leeds are better than Wigan IMHO

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1623
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Durham Giant "Could not find the other thread fortunate to save some peoples blushes.
Now is the tim eto look at the season and Anderson as coach.

Losing three games or winning five on the bounce means absolutely nothing. Reviewing it when it is all over is the time.

Firstly.

| Have said a lot about us needing a new half. The main reason for this is that i have been led to believe from a reliable source is that Danny Brough's ankle is shot and that all season he has been playing with a pain killing injection before and after EVERY game.

That is one of the reasons he has at times not taken on all the kicking duties.

If True that is a real concern firstly that we could not rest him and secondly that we had no one else who could come into the team to replace him. We are effectively a one man team at the minute. We need somneone else to partner him or to provide quality backing up if he needs a rest.

Brough needs to learn now to play a different game ala Briers in his last two years. He needs to Marshall the troops and run the plays. To do that he needs a good running half to work with him.
The club will decide who but i rate Brierley and Hampshire.

The Club should also tell him to retire from playing from Scotland at the end of this year. We pay his wages and he needs to be playing for us. He needs a rest and understand to lengthen his career.

The forwards.

Too often in big games our forwards get bullied and lose out to other teams.
Against the top sides Wigan and Leeds our forwards often come off second best. We lack aggression and regularly see our players turned on their backs whilst opponeets often are on their front and get quicker play the balls. We rarely see our props fighting to get up for a Quick PTB.

I do not know if that is a quality of player, lack of aggression or coaching but it is a regular feature of the big games. What this does is put our players on the back foot and they constatntly have to scramble and work hard to keep in the game. This leads to fatigue and means that our players cannot concentrate and keep up an 80 minute performance.
Hopefully Rapira will help with this but we need more of a culture change in the pack to bring out a nastier streak.

We have a good selection of forwards with different skills the knack is to make sure they work together on the pitch.

For me the biggest area for development is Lawrence. I think he is a great player. Brilliant tackler. Good effort and decent go forward BUT if he is to develop he needs to change his game. ( this may be a coaching issue). If he is to play at second row he needs to develop some of the centre skills he used to have,. He needs to play wider and fill that role that Ferres used to to create the extra man get the offload and get his centre / winger away. IMHO he is wasted as a tackler battering ram in the middle.

If we need the two SR's playing left and right that allows us to play either a third prop ( taai) or a playmaker at LF ( Gale? ). But we have to have two SR who can play wider with qualities above and beyond running and tackling.

We will miss hughes IMHO.

Hooker at least we have one for next year !!!. Other than that Leeming is a project as well probably another year needed for him. Robbo is shot. Wood injured. We really have struggled in this area.

The Backs

Wardle has to move to SR. Cant pass wont pass ( last week against Leeds and yesterday when he could have got Murph away in the third minute). Strong defensively but needs to move to the pack. Could be a great move for him.

Who then plays at Centre ?

Connor has potential but seems lazy on defence / Laterally very slow. He needs to up his game or the coaches need to work on him. Ballet classes would be a good start ( Seriously).

Full Back

Grix is solid but does not have the ability to take us forward in the longer term. Simpson is a project at least 18 months of development needed. Hampshire would be a great signing full back and half back abilities.

Wings Jerry and Murph are a good first choice but who comes in after them.

The other thing is that the backs and even the halves have a lack of pace. Broughton had the pace but IMHO appeared criminally underused. We need an injection of pace into the team somewhere. The obvious place would be in the halves / FB

Halves,
We have one great one Brough who is playing lame. Then we have Robbo Wood Ellis. None are much better than the other. They should be back up players, or reserve hooker. Would like to see Ellis at LF (possibly starting with a prop type at loose Taai) then Ellis coming on as a playmaker.
This though would not work unless our props starting winning the go forward in big games.

The tactics

Not convinced we have this right. Five kicks and a bit of Brough magic needs something to give some variety. Keep Brough quiet or play him behind a beaten pack and we are knackered.

No doubt everyone will come on here and talk about our great tries against Wakey or wide to west play vs Wire in the 8s.

Those games mean nothing. Big games are what counts. In the big games we get beat. I dont buy the theory it is psychological it is Skill and personnel ( maybe coaching).

The Captain
Anyone but Brough. Needs to concentrate on playing. Hinchcliffe

The coach.

I still think the jury is out and i dont have enough inside knowledge. I am not sure he is getting the best out of players or whether he has to work with what he has. Does he have the support to bring in players. Arte SC negotiations and contract talks right or is he stuck with what he has. But i do feel that the players lack very basic skills. Particularly passing and winning the wrestle. These are coaching things that can be addressed as can the matter of hooker.

I also think we have had a lot of players go backwards since coming to the Giants pr previously
Cudjoe, Huby Patrick. I dont know why but it is a concern.
If you compare how Gale has improved under Powell compared to Ellis under Anderson there is a good parallel. How many on here laughed at Cas getting a Bulls reject in Gale when we took Ellis. Yet who would you prefer now ?

I feel that he has to make some changes for next season otherwise i feel he has gone as far as he can.

The squad.
We do need some changes and there should be some wriggle room.
Patrick wont come back IMHO and should go to Wakey or Bulls ( whoever wins the MPG).
Robbo could go into coaching. These two should create some SC space for a new player.
I cannot see us winning anything or getting any better if our pivots and key players ( 1, 6, 7, 9 and 13) are based on combinations of Grix, Robbo wood and Ellis.

The club.
i am still not convinced we get things right off the field but that is another issue. We have no choiuce in my opinion but to move to evening KOs and give up on Sundays. Pretending to be a sunday team and then having everything changed to other nights is more damaging than making a decision and starting afresh with a new strategy.

The sad fact is that despite the cheerleaders on here. The above issues need to be addressed or we will stay competitive but not move forward.'"

What an absolute load of sense. Unfortunately it will fall mostly on deaf ears, Huddersfield and It's supporters are so starved of success that they will grasp at any kind of inclusion in the top end of any comp as something to be celebrated, the fact that we get hammered and humiliated is written off as " we are punching above our weight" or" We have done well to get so far".

Seasons over and already we are getting the same familiar things coming out . Hinchcliffe and Panapa, They are going to be the one's who take us to the next level, we just need to sit back and wait for them to do their stuff, We are OK with Ellis and Robbo,Wood and Good old Grixy, We can't afford a new halfback and anyway there aren't any.

Mr Anderson! who Knows, I v'e made no secret that he doesn't impress me, I know he has signed an extension to his contract so he is coach whatever I think, but D Powel looks a lot more impressive with what he has achieved at Cas with a lot less quality to start off with.

If we are to make any real impression on the G Final next season , besides Hinchcliffe and Panapa, A halfback and a fullback are essential, We have Simpson coming through but he needs a couple of years yet. Anyone who thinks Ellis is the future for us , I say, do you think he would get in any of the top teams, He has done as well as anyone else there this season, Probably better, But like DG I feel his future will be at L Forward. Did anyone notice the speed Williams can think and move,
If we are going to challenge the best we have to get the right quality players in the key positions. Where Hinchcliffe and Panapa might do their stuff for us, is teaching our Forwards, It's not in the rules that they have to get a mauling.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

* Rapira !!!!!

I agree with a lot of what's been said, especially the 'spine' of the team and the forwards.

Grix, as ok as he is for us he wouldn't get a look in at any other of the top 8 teams, in my opinion, look at Bowen last night how he seemed to be involved in every attack and caused us problems all night, i've been a fan of Scott in the past, i've also been critical too but we need to be looking to replace him now, or at least keep him as a squad player. As a top 3 team. which we have been now for the last 3 years, we need better.

Ellis, has proved me wrong as the season has gone on and he has actually been a decent signing for us but again, would he get in the side of any other of the top teams ? probably no and while he has took some of the pressure off Brough and indeed done some good things himself , i personally don't think he is likely to improve, If we are to move forward we need to improve in all areas.

Robbo - Bloody love this little fella to bits and if the other 16 players every week showed as much heart and enthusiasm as he does we would be cruising - unfortunately he's past his peak and although his scoots occasionally get us going his passing is woeful at times and often causes us to lose possession, his tackling technique seems to see him getting knocked out every week these days and if i'm being honest i can only see him getting worse as the weeks go by, i would love him to stay on at this club, he's a smashing bloke but not SL quality anymore icon_sad.gif

Wood - Looked decent before he got injured but like Ellis, highly unlikely he's going to suddenly turn in to a world class player, he's good backup but easily replaceable, with who i dont know !.

The Forwards - time and time again i sit/stand at games and watch opposition props slam into our guys at speed, knocking them over, barging through, getting a quick play the ball - doing what forwards should do, then i watch ours - hop, skip and jump into a tackle from 5 yards away and 2 mph...i cannot remember the last time i saw Eorl, Koppy, Huby, etc hit a ball at speed and cause damage, they almost walk up to the line then sit down...whether this is coaching or player choice i don't know but EVERY other set of forwards do this against us and it's so frustrating cos we're never gonna get ruck speed for our backs to work with, they are so inneffective at times we may as well play centres and wingers there - actually we probably do most of the time as they do more than the forwards...we desperately need some mongrel in our team, our forwards play like fairies at times, sorry if that sounds harsh but it frustrates me no end, there was a time we had a feared pack with the likes of O'Donnell, Mason, Griffin etc..they weren't the best players we've ever had but boy they made the opposition take note unlike the ones we have now !! hopefully Rapira can add some steel but i'd still want more either from the ones we do have or in any better replacements should they be available.
To be fair to Ukuma he does actually make an effort now and again !

Positives - Well we finished in the top 3 for the 3rd year running, how many other teams would love to be able to say that ? yes i know to some people it's still not good enough, me - i'm very happy with that it proves we are a consistently good team, unfortunately that counts for nothing on nights like last night though.

We are finally seeing more quality homegrown players breaking through, Leeming, Connor, Simpson, Johnson, Mason can all become regulars and important players in the future for us, we need to be patient though and not try and rush them and let them develop naturally.
I cannot wait to see Kruise Leeming next year after learning from Ryan Hinchliffe, a year older, more experienced, he will be a class act !.

The fact that as a fanbase we are now hugely disappointed in what would have been seen as success 5/6 years ago shows we are moving in the right direction.
We have a chairman who loves our club and continues to support it so we can all moan about it, and i'm pretty certain he will never put our club through the crap that other clubs go through, in that sense we are very lucky.

Let's not forget each fan has different opinions, objectives, hopes etc, me personally i see the rugby as a social thing, i go with my mates to have a laugh, a few drinks, a chat to other fans, a sing and dance if the occasion takes me - i love my rugby days and couldn't ever be without them, i'm not just there to see us win trophies, but my god i would love that to happen, to see Claret & Gold ribbons on the Challenge cup would be a dream come true for me but it isn't the be all and end all of being a Fartowner, i've watched for 27 years without a major trophy and will happily watch for another 27 without one as long as i 'enjoy the rugby'. Some fans are different they crave it, they insist upon it and they get cross/angry/mad every year when it doesn't come and i'll tell you what - when it does come, and it will !!!!! we will all celebrate it the same and be bloody glad our patience stood up !!.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

wont win anything with an average full back.

hardaker and bowen in the grand final (barring leeds loss), we are no where near having a full back like those two.

like ellis, no for a new half back.

rapira im not sure will make much of a difference , the forwards are ok.

its full back and hooker where we need to sort things to improve as a side, hinchcliffe may be the answer to one of those positions.

then again we may get our hopes up and lose again anyway.

best chance to win something maybe if we get lucky passage through to the challenge cup final and play hull kr.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1623
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "* Rapira !!!!!

I agree with a lot of what's been said, especially the 'spine' of the team and the forwards.

Grix, as ok as he is for us he wouldn't get a look in at any other of the top 8 teams, in my opinion, look at Bowen last night how he seemed to be involved in every attack and caused us problems all night, i've been a fan of Scott in the past, i've also been critical too but we need to be looking to replace him now, or at least keep him as a squad player. As a top 3 team. which we have been now for the last 3 years, we need better.

Ellis, has proved me wrong as the season has gone on and he has actually been a decent signing for us but again, would he get in the side of any other of the top teams ? probably no and while he has took some of the pressure off Brough and indeed done some good things himself , i personally don't think he is likely to improve, If we are to move forward we need to improve in all areas.

Robbo - Bloody love this little fella to bits and if the other 16 players every week showed as much heart and enthusiasm as he does we would be cruising - unfortunately he's past his peak and although his scoots occasionally get us going his passing is woeful at times and often causes us to lose possession, his tackling technique seems to see him getting knocked out every week these days and if i'm being honest i can only see him getting worse as the weeks go by, i would love him to stay on at this club, he's a smashing bloke but not SL quality anymore
Sorry Daz I meant Rapira, Can't argue with any of your post by the way.

RankPostsTeam
International Star518
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67930_1405527002.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67930.jpg

Quote: GIANT DAZ "* Rapira !!!!!

Robbo - Bloody love this little fella to bits and if the other 16 players every week showed as much heart and enthusiasm as he does we would be cruising - unfortunately he's past his peak and although his scoots occasionally get us going his passing is woeful at times and often causes us to lose possession, his tackling technique seems to see him getting knocked out every week these days and if i'm being honest i can only see him getting worse as the weeks go by, i would love him to stay on at this club, he's a smashing bloke but not SL quality anymore
eusa_clap.gif I was avoiding the forum today to let some of the initial emotions subside before posting. And there was no need as this pretty much sums up everything for me.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain602
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thought we had a cracking season.

Things I could change!

1. Having friendlies
2. The ability to play in big games.

Really don't know what else we can do. Anderson has given the youth a good go. We got the best defence again. Made good signings for next season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star518
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67930_1405527002.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67930.jpg

Quote: AntonyGiant "Thought we had a cracking season.

Things I could change!

1. Having friendlies

Really don't know what else we can do. Anderson has given the youth a good go. We got the best defence again. Made good signings for next season.'"

I think Wigan pipped us for best defence in the end.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

plenty of positives, of course there is.

all in all it's been a good season again with the same old ending, the important thing now is that we find that way to go to the next level, although its not going to be easy!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain602
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Unbeliever "I think Wigan pipped us for best defence in the end.'"

Still can boast one of the best. Seems Wigan like taking things from us.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: AntonyGiant "[sizeThought we had a cracking season[/size.

Things I could change!

1. Having friendlies

Really don't know what else we can do. Anderson has given the youth a good go. We got the best defence again. Made good signings for next season.'"

icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

As long as you are happy to settle for mediocrity that is fine.

RankPostsTeam
International Star478
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
57882_1342598371.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_57882.jpg

Certainly wouldn't put us down as having a cracking season, consistent yes. Top four again and out with a whimper at the business end. If you look at the performances throughout the season they've shown nothing to say we could win anything, certainly not attack wise, on the whole defence has been as good as I've seen it. The last 3-4 8s games attack wise performances, gave us optimism l think. I don't think it's a far away as some think, just a bit more nouce on the pitch (hinchcliffe) and bite up front ( hopefully Rapira) although another player or two wouldn't go amiss to dilute the big game defeatist attitude. I certainly think Anderson is still the right coach too and has probably learned a couple of valuable lessons this year. Still think the the cups the best chance though unless the new recruits make an impact on the squad as a whole.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach308No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

not a fan of anderson the 2 props we had who could do damage on left before the season started the outer shipped out we also kicked out the only hooker we had .the only man with pace never used. grix robbo crabtree new contracts why all passed there sell by dates. smith looks no better than the young guns.ellis hit and miss our recruitment over the passed 3 years has been very poor .

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

don't agree with that
Lunt wanted out, he didn't want to play for us, he wasn't kicked out, and i don't care who they are, if they don't want to play for us then i don't want them at our club.
did you see the game at Hull? if you did then you would have seen how much we missed both robbo and Eorl in that game?
Ellis has been good IMO, not hit and miss.
which 2 props who could do damage left?

i respect your opinion but i don't agree icon_smile.gif

45 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
45 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.5625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
Yippee try y
4m
Jarrod Sammut
Bull Mania
7m
Huddsh
NickyKiss
26m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
34m
Todays chairmans address
faxcar
46m
Panthers v Knights
faxcar
50m
Rumours thread
alegend
53m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
54m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
56m
Film game
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
TV games not Wire
rubber ducki
59s
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
1m
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
Cokey
1m
Betting 2024
karetaker
1m
Oh when the Saints
WIZEB
1m
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
KaeruJim
1m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Home
Mr Snoodle
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Seth
2m
This weeks disciplinary
Boss Hog
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
Rixy
TODAY
Panthers v Knights
faxcar
TODAY
Barrow A
Bull Mania
TODAY
RFL disciplinary double standards
faxcar
TODAY
5 countries tender bids to host the 2030 RLWC
Huddersfield
TODAY
Jack Welsby out for 8 weeks with injury
Huddersfield
TODAY
Dewsbury away
Prince Buste
TODAY
Josh Jones
The Avenger
TODAY
Todays chairmans address
faxcar
TODAY
Mid Season fans forum
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Squad for HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Josh Jones
CarlB
TODAY
Lannon
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information 3/8/24
Sir Gregory
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse Saturday 10/8/24
Jemmo
TODAY
Sheffield v Dons Sunday 4/8/24 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity songs
JINJER
TODAY
Jeylon Hodgson
AdamH
TODAY
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
Cokey
TODAY
Jarrod Sammut
Bull Mania
TODAY
ONeil out long term
NickyKiss
TODAY
Burgess signs extension till 26
wire2004
TODAY
Lewis Baxter
Jemmo
TODAY
Huddsh
NickyKiss
TODAY
Trueman
Chris71
TODAY
Oh when the Saints
WIZEB
TODAY
New Players
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Round 20 Salford away 3/8/24
KaeruJim
TODAY
Luke Gale announces his retirement
Bullseye
TODAY
Aston Shefield
Bullseye
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M +13,005 80,09014,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R22
09:00
NZ Warriors
v
Parramatta
11:00
Dolphins
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R20
20:00
Warrington
v
Hull KR
 TOMORROW
06:00
Gold Coast
v
Brisbane
08:30
Melbourne
v
St.George
10:35
Cronulla
v
Souths
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
LeedsW
15:00
Hull FC
v
St.Helens
       Championship 2024-R20
Swinton
v
Toulouse
17:30
Salford
v
Leeds
 Sun 4th Aug
05:00
Penrith
v
Newcastle
07:05
Canterbury
v
Canberra
     Womens Super League 2024-R10
12:00
BarrowW
v
St.HelensW
Wire W
v
York V
WiganW
v
Hudds W
LondonB
v
Catalans
       League One 2024-R18
Keighley
v
Newcastle
Oldham
v
Midlands
Rochdale
v
Cornwall
Workington
v
Crusaders
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 2nd Aug
SL
Warrington-Hull KR
Sat 3rd Aug
SL
Hull FC-St.Helens
SL
17:30
Salford-Leeds
Sun 4th Aug
SL
LondonB-Catalans
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Thu 1st Aug
SL 20 Castleford10-20Leigh
SL 20 Wigan26-14Huddersfield
NRL 22 Wests30-48NQL Cowboys
Sun 28th Jul
NRL 21 St.George10-46Penrith
NRL 21 Dolphins14-21Gold Coast
NRL 21 Canberra32-12Souths
CH 19 Batley16-22Halifax
CH 19 Doncaster37-30Barrow
CH 19 Sheffield78-24Whitehaven
CH 19 Wakefield46-18Featherstone
CH 19 Widnes25-6Bradford
CH 19 York34-4Swinton
L1 17 Newcastle34-44Cornwall
L1 17 Hunslet24-32Workington
L1 17 Keighley36-12Midlands
L1 17 Rochdale10-14Oldham
Sat 27th Jul
SL 19 Salford30-22Castleford
SL 19 Catalans24-16Hull FC
NRL 21 Brisbane16-41Canterbury
NRL 21 NQL Cowboys30-22Cronulla
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 19 498 245 253 28
Hull KR 19 481 255 226 28
Catalans 19 366 274 92 24
Salford 19 355 366 -11 24
St.Helens 19 455 256 199 22

Leeds 19 355 342 13 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 19 268 566 -298 6
LondonB 19 198 725 -527 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 17 584 206 378 32
Sheffield 17 488 283 205 24
Toulouse 16 468 220 248 23
Widnes 17 410 307 103 21
Bradford 17 397 297 100 21
Doncaster 17 318 410 -92 17

York 18 428 345 83 16
Featherstone 17 440 359 81 16
Batley 17 284 366 -82 16
Swinton 17 342 422 -80 12