JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Having wasted far to many hours of my life reading and posting on here I've tonight informed the comms team leaders via email that I will no longer be participating in the message board.

I will not be logging in to avoid temptation to post so please if anyone wishes to contact me please feel free to call the club and they will give you my email address. As always I look forward to contact and interaction with everyone as we look to keep the ideas rolling and the evolution of our great club going from strength to strength.

I did ignore good advice from many people to stay off here once I got involved on the Board but chose to ignore it, on reflection I think the time is right to call it a day.

The comms team will keep you all updated on all things Leigh Centurions via the official club media streams and I'm sure separate fact from fiction when they feel the need to and they have an open line to me on the board for clarification on all matters at all times.

It's Been emotional guys but my time at weekends can be used far more productively with my fiancée, daughter and family and during the week I'm sure keeping my own business and staff focused along with my commitments at the Centurions I can find something to do icon_biggrin.gif

I look forward to seeing everyone at club functions, in the Legends Bar prior to games and also in the hospitality areas and out on my favourite place the North Stand.

All the best to everyone and enjoy the coming weeks and months when more of our signings, plans and great initiatives will be announced.

All the Best.

Andy Mazey.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4636
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well I for one am sorry Andy and I know I'm not the only one.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3837No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg
Put a glide in yer stride a dip in your hip and follow me to LEYTH SPORTS VILLAGE and take a Rugby League trip with the Mighty CENTURIONS We train on beans man Human beans"..........:icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg

I am also sorry to see your not posting on here again but i can understand the reasons behind your decision and fully support you and the rest of the Leigh Centurions Team in moving the club forward you have all done a magnificent job so far and as a lifelong Leigh supporter i cant thank you enough.
Keep on Truckin has the Great Detroit Singer Eddie Kendricks says..
You and the rest of the Management team are a credit to the Town in your quest to move the Centurions onwards & upwards .. Thank You..
Best of Luck to the Squad for 2014 its looking good !!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2448No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3390_1304612784.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3390.gif

Great news Andy - definitely the right decision IMHO. I was cringing every time I visited these boards in the last few days and there was a danger that a lot of good work could be undone because of what was being said and how it was being said. It's all fine and dandy when things are going well but when the criticism starts (some justified, most of it not) then you are better off out of it. There's a reason why the management of most, if not all clubs, steer well clear of club messageboards - boards not run by the club at least.

I really hope you are able to separate this shenanigans from the real business of running the club and not let it get you down or distract you from the important work being done at the club. The vast majority of fans (and certainly potential fans) do not frequent this board and so you will be still be able to communicate meaningfully with the fanbase through more official channels. Good luck!

RankPostsTeam
International Star286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: salfordlad "Well I for one am sorry Andy and I know I'm not the only one.'"

+1

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I believe it is essential for club officials not to be involved in slanging matches, on here, or anywhere else. This will inevitably happen, when there are people with passionate feelings, one way or the other, especially when those people are busting a gut to improve our club.

That said, I also believe that this particular forum is just as important as any other, for the club to put its message across. I truly hope that will continue.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2205.gif
------------------------------------- NOW PLAYING: SPECIAL D - Come With Me -------------------------------------:2205.gif

Quote: mapleyther " I was cringing every time I visited these boards in the last few days and there was a danger that a lot of good work could be undone because of what was being said and how it was being said. !'"

Yeah me too !

Keep up the good work - most of us appreciate it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: Leigh24.7 "Yeah me too !

Keep up the good work - most of us appreciate it.'"

I agree Ivan , I think we all support Andy in everything he has done for the Club , but in hindsight maybe it is a good thing , he stays as a Spectator of the Forum , I for one will miss his contributions ,hopefully we can all get back to Discussing the Positive things on the Forum now .

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1849No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Dec 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons5b08_files/4501-27sowhat-msnicons.jpg
Super League Team 2017:icons5b08_files/4501-27sowhat-msnicons.jpg

Sorry to hear that Andy....
we have never met...
but you have had my 100% support....

RankPostsTeam
International Star137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well I am also sad to see andy mazey leave the message board

other than the last few weeks were he has obviously lost patience with the usual numpties on here including the Pikes hes come across as a very professional individual who obviously has a drive and passion to make LC the best it can be.

I am disappointed we wont be getting the communication direct from the horses mouth anymore but I fully understand how frustrating it must be when your committing the time, money and effort these guys on the new board are doing it must be to read some of the rubbish written on here.

I think its a level headed professional and clever move to be the bigger person and walk away like you have done from this environment and focus on your roll at the club Andy so well done and good luck.

RankPostsTeam
International Star137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mapleyther "Great news Andy - definitely the right decision IMHO. I was cringing every time I visited these boards in the last few days and there was a danger that a lot of good work could be undone because of what was being said and how it was being said. It's all fine and dandy when things are going well but when the criticism starts (some justified, most of it not) then you are better off out of it. There's a reason why the management of most, if not all clubs, steer well clear of club messageboards - boards not run by the club at least.

I really hope you are able to separate this shenanigans from the real business of running the club and not let it get you down or distract you from the important work being done at the club. The vast majority of fans (and certainly potential fans) do not frequent this board and so you will be still be able to communicate meaningfully with the fanbase through more official channels. Good luck!'"

well said mate icon_thumb.gif

sure Andy will cringe if he ever bothers to read back some of the stuff hes posted but like you say the work hes doing is important and IMO the progress is clear for all to see.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1553No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10619.jpg
-------------------------- IRN-BRU - THE NEW TASTE OF RUGBY LEAGUE !!:10619.jpg

Well I have increasingly come back to check the message board in part because of Andy, who was quick to dispel any rumours and post facts.

Having attended the last LISA meeting and from what I have read here, I have been impressed with Andy's passion and enthusiasm for his role along with his and the BOD's vision for Leigh Centurions. He paints an exciting future for the club if the town in return can unite behind the club.

To have someone talk utter sense on here has in all honesty felt like a breath of fresh air.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7339No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Second home the gym:

Quote: salfordlad "Well I for one am sorry Andy and I know I'm not the only one.'"

Me to Frank.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman16250
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
953.jpg
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!:953.jpg

....and all because there was no BIG signing (define?) and no shirt preview. It appears both those were planned but both were scuppered due to third party problems. Ho hum. Someone was also asking about Derek Beaumont on here too, can't remember who. Well if you get one of the rugby papers (can't remember which one) it states how much Derek was involved in persuading Tom Spencer to sign for us.

RankPostsTeam
International Star342No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DemonUK "....and all because there was no BIG signing (define?) and no shirt preview. It appears both those were planned but both were scuppered due to third party problems. Ho hum. Someone was also asking about Derek Beaumont on here too, can't remember who. Well if you get one of the rugby papers (can't remember which one) it states how much Derek was involved in persuading Tom Spencer to sign for us.'"

I'm sure you could tell us more about it if you wanted too

31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3076171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
7m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
8m