OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2938.jpg
:2938.jpg

Oh dear.

Truely from a neutrals point of view, but I'm amazed it's got this far. And there's only one reason for it - the post last week from Mr C informing the world (and Salford) what was happening.

If I was at Leigh I wouldn't have been happy and it looked to me like it was a 'guess what I've been doing today'.

Nothing should have been posted on here until it was on the dotted line, it's crazy, unprofessional and damages alot of reputations.

So so much happens behind the scenes at a rugby club, but you don't post all and sundry on an internet forum just to feed your own ego.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach60No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2010Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[u][b]Have you been mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance?[/b][/u] Some instances of mis-selling include • You were told you had to take out PPI in order to get the loan or product. • You were pressured into buying PPI. • You were not informed you could buy PPI from an independent Provider 80% cheaper. • You were NOT told about any exclusion’s. • You were not asked whether you already had sufficient Insurance cover. [b]Firstly we will validate your claim.[/b] We will then contact you either by email or telephone to discuss the details of your claim. Your claim will then be submitted to our legal team who will process and handle the claim right through to final settlement. When our legal team are completely happy with the settlement figure offered they will then arrange payment. Our fee of 20% inclusive of VAT will be applied and deducted. www.paymentprotectionrefunds.co.uk:

I don’t understand what the hell it has to do with East anyway!! if a player is playing Amateur which I presume East is an Amateur club breading players for there enjoyment of the game and if the possibility arises to go into the professional ranks then they should be proud of the work carried out and let the decision be 100% with the player!! Why are people from east acting like agents???? If the lad wanted to move to miners would there be such a fuss?? May be Leigh should pay an annual fee to the Amateur clubs for first dabs on players!! As to me this is a joke and seems that an amateur club has used there asset for financial gain instead of thinking about the lads future in the sport. If he’s good enough the money will come to him like all walks of life!!! Good luck to him I just hope in 3years time he is playing professional and not back at East because he’s sick of sitting in the reserves at an SL club!!

PS could someone let me know the rules as to signing players from amateur clubs??

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Good Luck Sam in whatever you do...just sorry it may not be a Leigh !!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't think the young lad Sam will be coming out of this unscathed. This poor lad had dedicated 13 years of his life playing for a Leigh rugby team and seems desperate to play professionally...

All this rubbish being branded about by 'the powers that be' are only hindering his progress !!!!

I hope he is strong enough to get over this and have a long career as a professional player.

All the best to you Sam

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

Quote: WOLRAB "the club for a starter, especially when its stated in a paper that he has signed.'"

NO communication was sent to any newspapers through 'official' channels about 'Hoppy' signing for Leigh.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1773No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8037.jpg
If at first you dont succeed ......... Cheat:8037.jpg

What a very bitter thread this is but not as crass as that statement from Leigh .

As far as I know Sam hasn't signed for anyone yet and anyone that was at the East game on Saturday would have seen all the top Vultures from Leigh and Salford hovering around the talanted youngsters in the East ranks and Sam didn't help the cause by playing an absolute blinder and walking the man of the match award .

Now what really p1sses me off is the nasty dig at Easts coach Mick Fishwick who is an honest lad who granted may need his negotiating skills tuning in a bit but he hasn't deserved this crap but who knows the circumstances of the phone call he is supposed to have made ?

IMO an apology should be made on the Centurions web site to Mr C , Mick and all at Leigh East for that scathing attack statement on a club that they are wanting to have a relationship with .

If you want to see honest players playing class rugby under honest coaches then come down to the East at weekends as these players dont just pop up on the radar at 18 years old they have been there for years ,

Ive a good mind to tell the Centurions to go and f@ck themselves and stick to watching an honest club with honest players playing an honest game that is far removed from that bollox that was dished out at the LSV last season .

Theres only one club that comes out of this looking professional and it isn't Leigh or Salford .

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1773No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8037.jpg

Mr C , once you have had your tea can you enlighten the general public on what Leigh East get back for all the money spent on nurturing and coaching these young lads when they sign pro ?

PS

Cant remember Leigh slagging Mick Fishwick off when he and others was playing many a game as A.N Other to keep them in buisiness in the early 90s .........s

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2042No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2938.jpg
:2938.jpg

Quote: tiswallace "
Theres only one club that comes out of this looking professional and it isn't Leigh or Salford .'"

So posting the process of private negotiations on a public message board strikes you as professional does it? Well we definitely have different opinions.

And why is the coach getting involved in the negotiations anyway? If he's only in the game to get young lads signed and get a pat on the back when they do then he's in it for the wrong reasons.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach449No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10709.jpg
:10709.jpg

Quote: AJ Viking "Oh dear.

Truely from a neutrals point of view, but I'm amazed it's got this far. And there's only one reason for it - the post last week from Mr C informing the world (and Salford) what was happening.

If I was at Leigh I wouldn't have been happy and it looked to me like it was a 'guess what I've been doing today'.

Nothing should have been posted on here until it was on the dotted line, it's crazy, unprofessional and damages alot of reputations.

So so much happens behind the scenes at a rugby club, but you don't post all and sundry on an internet forum just to feed your own ego.'"

Hate to say it, but he has a point.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2794No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Chill TW. icon_cool.gif

IMO Leigh have told the fans whats happened something they have been slagged off for not doing to often. When its Comes to the Proffesional clubs relationship with the towns two amateur teams they are damned if they do and damned iof they don't.
I used to play for East Junior teams by the way not well admitidly icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

Personally I would like to see Millward, Mr C and young Sam in a room alone. I am sure the solution lies there.

Sam you know Leighs opportunity was the best for you, Millward will bring you on no end, something McRae will not do watching you play on a park field in front of 50 folk, 4 whippets and a burnt out car.

Have a chat with KL, your family and then sit down with IM.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1773No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8037.jpg

Quote: AJ Viking "So posting the process of private negotiations on a public message board strikes you as professional does it? Well we definitely have different opinions.

And why is the coach getting involved in the negotiations anyway? If he's only in the game to get young lads signed and get a pat on the back when they do then he's in it for the wrong reasons.'"

Sorry AJ have to disagree with you

Keith Lathom has very strong contacts as a former Salford player and ex Leigh coach so he was in the best position to help the lad and he was just relaying what was going on to us and long may it continue .

I will call Keith for one thing he shouldn't have put on this board what was an internal Leigh East issue and that Mick had apologised ( for what I dont know ) so that he could get slated on here , now I think that was wrong and things can be learned on all sides .

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman10519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1500.jpg
:1500.jpg

I s'pose it is pantomine season.

"He's signed........."

"Oh, no he hasn't"

"Oh, yes he has"

"Oh, no he hasn't"

"Oh, yes he has"

"Oh, no he hasn't"

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1773No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8037.jpg

Quote: maurice "Personally I would like to see Millward, Mr C and young Sam in a room alone. I am sure the solution lies there.

Sam you know Leighs opportunity was the best for you, Millward will bring you on no end, something McRae will not do watching you play on a park field in front of 50 folk, 4 whippets and a burnt out car.

Have a chat with KL, your family and then sit down with IM.'"

Well said Mo thats what I wanted to say

and theres more than 50 and no burnt out cars and no whippets just Aussie and Dougie the black Labs ( butty theives ) standing in the p1ss down rain every fortnight .

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6096
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons5b08_files/4619-1832TaBiE-SkAtErGiRL-msnicons.jpg
MY VIEWS ARE THE VIEWS MY WIFE HAS GIVEN ME:icons5b08_files/4619-1832TaBiE-SkAtErGiRL-msnicons.jpg

Quote: POPMAN "Better than Eastenders, this.
143 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
143 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.853515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Staying or Not
Les Norton
16m
New Players
Deadcowboys1
27m