JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
953.jpg
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!:953.jpg

Problem is glow that no matter how good the marketing is without a good half back or whatever people will not come and watch a losing team. How do you change human nature. How do you change peoples ideals that the US/Australian methods are better than the deep seated British way of rewarding on field achievements. All licensing has done is protect the weak.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg
get leigh outta wigan:7175.jpg

Quote: DemonUK "Problem is glow that no matter how good the marketing is without a good half back or whatever people will not come and watch a losing team. How do you change human nature. How do you change peoples ideals that the US/Australian methods are better than the deep seated British way of rewarding on field achievements. All licensing has done is protect the weak.'"

Ultimately I’d like to think we can have both as IMO how good we are off the field will have a greater effect on how we perform on it than the other way round.

I should point out I’m by no means a fan of the franchising, US/Aussie ways etc but I’m sick to death of hearing people moaning about it, we are were we are lets just get on with it.

People thinking simply by bringing P&R back, removing the franchise’s etc will be the answer to all our problems, are the same ones who said “Build a new stadium and the people will come!” IMO I think they need to give their head a shake.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman16250
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
953.jpg
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!:953.jpg

We are where we are because the turkeys will never now vote for Christmas. Hopefully they will see that some of the turkeys are now starving to death.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

Its now hitting home what the end of P and R means, its was the start of a slow death for some of the heartland clubs. Unless changes are made and fast we will lose some of the founder members.

Look at Oldham theyve just parted company with Tony Benson and he did get them to all those GF and through no fault of his Oldhams money problems meant he had to sell players and then the chance of going up was taken from him.
Theyve moved to a ground where I dont think that will be accepted into the Championship even if they did win promotion, what chance had he got really? His replacement will have a very difficult test being stuck in Championship one.... or is their P and R between the Championship and Chamionship One next season?
If so how many go up and how many go down?
Rochdale are also in this position too.
We at Leigh are lucky to be playing in a new staduim with great facilities and even those at Redhall can see the potentual we have and hopefully we will get considered for a SL licences next time around,( See below though )if we dont then I really do worry for what effect that would have on future crowds in the years that follow etc.

This is not me being negative just saying what it is really like, I just hope that those at the top look at our great game from top to bottom instead of just looking after SL.
IMHO we should go for a SL 1 10 teams and a SL two 10 teams we could be one of the SL2 and do really well and I think the club would benefit from this rather then going up into a 14 team SL and being one of the bottom clubs year on year, if we are trying to get new fans espeically kids, they like to see a competitive team, not one that gets battered every week.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg

Quote: DemonUK "We are where we are because the turkeys will never now vote for Christmas. Hopefully they will see that some of the turkeys are now starving to death.'"

I don't think we are currently good enough to put our party dress on and go to the big posh house for Christmas anyway.

But in the mean time whilst their party is dieing down we should be having fun at our own party next door and making so much noise that it upsets the posh neighbours, they'll soon come round banging on the door. (Well that’s how it works in our street! icon_lol.gif )

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman16250
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
953.jpg

I see your point but not enough of the clubs down here want to make a noise.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

Quote: DemonUK "I see your point but not enough of the clubs down here want to make a noise.'"

and the one that does it alone cops it icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg

Quote: DemonUK "I see your point but not enough of the clubs down here want to make a noise.'"

Unfortunately you’re right, the only noise they make is moaning about the posh neighbour’s.

Quote: DemonUK "and the one that does it alone cops it
Why who has? And what did they cop?

RankPostsTeam
International Star35No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Im a fev fan and ive watched fev for over 20 years with 16 of my mates.we have bought season tickets year in year out but as 5 of my mates are from wakey we have decided not to renew our season tickets at fev next year with the RFL being the way they are and were sick to death of watching friendlies week in week out.So we have looked into getting season tickets at wakey next season and if we buy them before the end of october we will be able to watch wakey for the same price we pay to watch fev.We hav'nt made any decisions yet but one we have made is we wont be renewing our season tickets at fev next season.The RFL have drove fans away from the teams they love and we have come to the conclusion if we cant beat em we might as well join em.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg

Quote: Thundergaz "Im a fev fan and ive watched fev for over 20 years with 16 of my mates.we have bought season tickets year in year out but as 5 of my mates are from wakey we have decided not to renew our season tickets at fev next year with the RFL being the way they are and were sick to death of watching friendlies week in week out.So we have looked into getting season tickets at wakey next season and if we buy them before the end of october we will be able to watch wakey for the same price we pay to watch fev.We hav'nt made any decisions yet but one we have made is we wont be renewing our season tickets at fev next season.The RFL have drove fans away from the teams they love and we have come to the conclusion if we cant beat em we might as well join em.'"

Won't Wakey will be playing in SL under the same criteria as Fev will be in the Championship?

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "

But if viewing figures are up and attendances are up then surely the game has never been healthier

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

Indeed, JC....WE have nothing to worry about.
The game has never been in a healthier state because we are copying the way the NRL run their game.
Non relegation/promotion and franchising is the future. We can get BARLA clubs & championship/1 clubs to produce the 'young talent' that any SL academy clubs have missed out on, we have all the clubs in SL that we need right now, unless we decide to invite an 'expansion' club to the elite, that is.
We are quite happy to bail out most clubs in SL, if they meet the criteria that is, if they somehow manage to 'be heavily in debt' despite the STRICT salary cap we have in place, then so be it.
Rugby League in the UK has never been so popular.......do YOU believe the hype ????

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: j.c "But if viewing figures are up and attendances are up then surely the game has never been healthier'"

I don't agree with that just like I'm sure the governing body would either. Its a difficult time for the sport, and the last thing you wanna do is let 80% of the posters on this thread to write a press release for marketing the game - because lets face it who needs snipers outside the game when we can safely do that ourselves.
The trend of this thread is blaming RFL for virtually everything - primarily franchising the main culprit that has apparently decimated the bumper gates we was getting in 2006 and 2007. Fans that no longer go is all because of franchising and RFL hating us, and this despite RFL ensuring we never got relegated recently (which would have been disastrous IMO), and the fact we was assisted with our finances to ensure we could continue. Both great opportunities for the RFL's Dr Evil to achieve their evil plan of eliminating Leigh once and for all.
All I did on this thread was highlight that the return of P&R would not end clubs being run badly, and you would not see any major increase in the weekly rounds gates. The benefits of P&R now are virtually nil, until more money from outside the game comes in so we can maybe have 2 full time SL1 and SL2.
Problem is hysteria kicks in on this kind of subject and logical arguments go out the window, and you get posts just above mine for example.
Lets be crystal here, I am not for one moment saying the game is in a healthy position, and I am not saying RFL are always right or don't make stupid mistakes but I am a realist and offer an alternative point of view. That's all I offer, a point of view. And for the record I am just as desperate for P&R to be back as anyone, and I hope we will get there. Its just a pity Sky never saw the potential of the Championship to help make it happen.
Nobody on this thread is correct, they are just opinions.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg

Quote: Budgiezilla " We can get BARLA clubs & championship/1 clubs to produce the 'young talent' that any SL academy clubs have missed out on, '"

That's nowt new, top clubs in all sports have always done that.

Quote: Budgiezilla "
Rugby League in the UK has never been so popular....... '"

That could be true icon_eek.gif people all over the country watch the sky games, loads of footballers twitter about the games, as plenty of football clubs including the England football camps watch Friday night matches prior to their own week end games.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
64 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.6201171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
The Speculat
8m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
9m