JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Listened (eventually) to the commentary and at times thought the game had been cancelled and we were listening to a repeat of one from the dark days.

Can't honestly say I expected a win away on the opening day against a team who I think will be right up the top of the league but I didn't expect a precession of tries.

Can't honestly believe that O'Brien was picked at FB ahead of Evalds, it sounded obvious on the commentary that he plainly will only be a last option FB, the trouble we have is I suspect that he and Tomkins have been told they will be important cogs and that Lee is the Captain, there simply isn't the on field and bench places for Evalds, Liu, Dobson, Tomkins, O'Brien and Lee.

As for what happened I can't cope with another season of performances of this nature. Feel more deflated than I have at any point in recent times, Thursday now for me becomes the most pivitol game for many a year, get battered and the club has no marketing options and runs the risk of starting the season with that many loses the top 8 is out of reach.

Bal
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12512
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2825_1368992607.jpg
If you are interested in Building Information Modelling (BIM). PM me.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2825.jpg

Hull fan here

FWIW, I was actually disappointed in Salford for you last night. I thought it was going to be a cracking and competitive game and I think as fans you certainly deserve a competitive team.

Problem is your heads just went down. For a while it looks very even between the sides and at times Salford played some excellent Rugby, I was thinking that you could move the ball faster than FC.

The squad need belief!

Great vocal support from your supporters last night

RankPostsTeam
International Star233
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Michigan red "Listened (eventually) to the commentary and at times thought the game had been cancelled and we were listening to a repeat of one from the dark days.

Can't honestly say I expected a win away on the opening day against a team who I think will be right up the top of the league but I didn't expect a precession of tries.

Can't honestly believe that O'Brien was picked at FB ahead of Evalds, it sounded obvious on the commentary that he plainly will only be a last option FB, the trouble we have is I suspect that he and Tomkins have been told they will be important cogs and that Lee is the Captain, there simply isn't the on field and bench places for Evalds, Liu, Dobson, Tomkins, O'Brien and Lee.

As for what happened I can't cope with another season of performances of this nature. Feel more deflated than I have at any point in recent times, Thursday now for me becomes the most pivitol game for many a year, get battered and the club has no marketing options and runs the risk of starting the season with that many loses the top 8 is out of reach.'"

MR I really struggle to understand,how you can be so despondent having listened to a radio commentary.
Keep the faith and believe me there were some positives.
Don't underestimate this Hull team,they look as though they will be a decent team this year.
Salford didn't throw the towel in,and I am sure that things will improve as they develop as a team.The second row M-M wake awesome,but generally our pack was bullied.
Our style of play in the back line was impressive on occasions and I'm sure scoring tries will not be a problem this year.Lui looks a good bet at stand off but I'm afraid O'Brien made a number of mistakes,and on last nights showing,was not the answer.
As I'm sure others who were Ther would agree,we look physically light upfront.
Being positive we didn't concede a try in the last 30 minutes, Onwards and Upwards.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

I hope you're right LK.

I base it on the fact that it just seemed like the defence was abysmel at times, when you have someone like Tim Sheens involved for a full pre season I expected if nothing else structured and committed defence.

Think everyone (even the coaches) know that we are possibly light in the props, Griffin for me is a 2nd/loose and not a prop. Think a possible problem for us is that we have to many players in the same mould, they might be more suited to the props role when the summer arrives and there is less call for a prop who just trundles the ball in in wet boggy conditions.

Bal
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member12512
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2825_1368992607.jpg
If you are interested in Building Information Modelling (BIM). PM me.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2825.jpg

Quote: lou kate "MR I really struggle to understand,how you can be so despondent having listened to a radio commentary.
Keep the faith and believe me there were some positives.
Don't underestimate this Hull team,they look as though they will be a decent team this year.
Salford didn't throw the towel in,and I am sure that things will improve as they develop as a team.The second row M-M wake awesome,but generally our pack was bullied.
Our style of play in the back line was impressive on occasions and I'm sure scoring tries will not be a problem this year.Lui looks a good bet at stand off but I'm afraid O'Brien made a number of mistakes,and on last nights showing,was not the answer.
As I'm sure others who were Ther would agree,we look physically light upfront.
Being positive we didn't concede a try in the last 30 minutes, Onwards and Upwards.'"

I'm sorry, but they a absolutely threw the towel in. Looked competitive against us until 24-6, then your heads went down until about the last 20 minutes when Hull basically called it a day knowing you couldn't win.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach503No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Dont forget Hull put 60 past K.R last week.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Thought you moved the ball well in general but didn't cope in the middle with Hull's props and second rowers. Hull dominated possession mid game and were relentless. Tough to play against.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3735
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

murdoch-masila was outstanding.

RankPostsTeam
International Star180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FLY STRAIGHT WITH PERFECTION.:

Quote: Marcus's Bicycle "murdoch-masila was outstanding.'"

No he wasn't!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

Not unduly fussed at this stage. I'm more worried about it setting a bad mental start for the team, Club, and fans. We wont be the only team to go to Hull and come away with nothing. I'd hazard a guess that there will be teams that get bigger drubbings than us there this season.

Our start is a tough one, and our first home game becomes a little more important now. At least the guys wont be feeling any complacency going into the Saints game.

We all know how tough our start is this season, and for me, if we can keep competitive through this tough patch it will keep us mentally stronger as the season gains momentum.

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Think questions have to be asked about team selection. Why was O;bian selected? Why was a back named on the bench? Why was Phil Joseph playing when he hasn't played any of pre season?

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hull have the biggest pack in the league and will trouble the top 4, yet the team selection played into their hand. The interchanges by Hull distroyed us and we couldn't match it. Smarter selection needed for Thursday

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach49No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I went last night and for me when the ball was dropped straight away from the kick off and then Hull went over after 4 mins.. You got that impending doom that it was it was going to be an uphill struggle all night

Hull have a massive pack who bullied our forwards but you can't make excuses for a lack of defensive structure and poor tackling technique ..the amount of extra yards they gained from us not getting the legs or not being aggressive enough in the tackle was a joke. It makes you wonder what work was done on defence close season?....Saying that I think a lot of teams will struggle at the KC this season so in a few weeks the result won't look as bad.
On the plus side we moved the ball around quickly and we never gave up..BMM looked good ..could do with a couple more of him....Lui showed flashes of what he can bring ..definitely need more bite in the forwards ..maybe try Haggerty if he is fit on Thursday?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg

If O'Brien is picked ahead of Evalds again this Thursday the regime will lose my respect. He is a good quality halve but not one of the modern breed can slot in at FB, if we wanted one of those we should have gone for Ratchford to come home.

Joseph also was odd not having played any pre season games where as Lannon and the Walnes did, I'd personally play Jones in the pack, bring in MCB/Johnson and load the bench with forwards, we get an injury in the backs Jones drops back and we have cover all over the park.

RankPostsTeam
International Star742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For me Adam Walne and Haggerty come in for O'Brian and Joseph. Haggerty is the biggest forward we have so needs to play. Keep the rest the same.

101 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
101 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
12m
Round 16 London Home
KaeruJim
19m