FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Fair opinion or epitaph?
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3174
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
986.jpg
"In his autumn before the winter comes man's last mad surge of youth." "What on earth are you talking about?":986.jpg

rlFair opinion or epitaph ??rl

This post from the Australian Roar site , fair criticism ?
blaming poor leadership over poor play ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach191
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40196_1498588300.jpg
[size=85:20ld09ej][color=#0000FF:20ld09ej][b:20ld09ej]Getting drunk today is simply a case of borrowing happiness from tomorrow![/b:20ld09ej][/color:20ld09ej][/size:20ld09ej]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40196.jpg

I think it's a fair post but let's reflect on some of the points.

The axing of Brian Noble - I believe there were some issues with the style of play and some unrest in the camp (Allegedly). I think the idea of bringing in a new younger coach to work with Brian was a good idea but should have been handled better. It resulted in a bit of a mess and leaving an inexperienced coach in charge of a team used to higher profile coaches. Not a good combination in my opinion. If you're going to change the coach make sure it's for the better. Having said that I think there are 2 or 3 matches we should have won in this time, Without the distinct lack of pace in the team (Another point that should have been addressed by Brian Noble). I do think we are playing better structures as a team under IH.

Marwan's Leadership - He has invested a lot of money and facilitated a great deal to give the Red Devils the best possible chance of doing well. Full, Cap, Star names, Pre-Season in South Africa, Psychologists, Coaches etc. He also has an outgoing style that appears to anger some and be liked by others. Not my style but I'm not a successful billionaire! For me a breath of fresh air tinged with appearing to put extra pressure on the players and coaches.

Marc Sneyd - Who could have foreseen the improvement Marc has made this year. It was also part of the deal that brought Rangi to us so who would have chosen Marc over Rangi at the beginning of the season?

For me the main issue has been the under-performance of some of the players. Also the lack of fight for the Salford Shirt. Compare the effort that both Leigh & Castleford showed us in Last weekends Challenge Cup to some of the efforts we have seen from some of the Salford Players this Season. They both played like their lives depended upon it.

Lets hope on Sunday that we too can put in a team effort and fight for each other because we certainly need it!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Someday, somewhere, today’s empires are tomorrow’s ashes.:

Some fair points, some less so. I think he's wrong to say the worst decision was axing Nobby. The jury is still out on Iestyn, but I'm pretty sure Nobby was leading us in the wrong direction.

His comments on Sneyd contradict themselves. Marc has turned out to be a bit of a surprise package. That means he's playing better than anyone expected him to, so why was it a mistake to send him on loan? With hindsight, it was the wrong decision, but at the time...?

Marwan's interference in playing matters has been brought up before, usually by the all-knowing oracles from other clubs. Is there any evidence for it? Is he in the dressing room getting in the way before a match, or is this all based on his use of Twitter?

Apart from that, seems reasonable.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach123
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sneyd going on loan to Cas was the right thing to do at the start of the season.

First off it was obviously part of the deal to bring Chase to Salford but secondly and more importantly he's coming back next year with tons of experience, knowing what it takes to grind out a result and hes learnt how to play in a winning team . Would he have got that this year at Salford? No I doubt it.

Right decision and one that will bear dividends for us in the long run.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2487
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Be honest, if a fan from another club had posted similar to the OP the butcher would have been on here with one of his cut and paste posts containing the usual references to bodily functions and faeces smeared keyboards and tissues. Its what i have been trying to say about how koucash is viewed from the outside by fans from other clubs. Tin hat on and awaiting the usual response.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach393No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ok newgroundb4wakey, I'll bite.

Three things: firstly, the OP is a fan of this club so is at liberty to start the topic without being accused of poking a hornets nest.

Secondly, our owner's surname is spelt Koukash, as in Koukash, that being his name. Maybe if you continue to stumble on to here we should refer to you as 'newgroundaftersalford' until you have learnt that much.

Thirdly, if you do continue to stumble on to here telling us what you and other fans of clubs who's tuppeny inputs we could care less about, you can continue to 'await the usual response'.

Mind the door on your way out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Heres a left field prediction , Salford fans will never see Marc Sneyd in a Salford shirt again , you heard it here first .CHARLIE KNOWS .

RankPostsTeam
International Star1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think it's a well written article and fairly expresses a point of view.
He covers the ground well and I agree with most of what he says,don't think he has any agenda other than telling it how he sees it.
And if I hear one more time about improved structures,and players taking in more information,I'll scream.
The bottom line is....stuff the talk about structures and start winning matches.
These guys are seasoned pros and losing to the Bulls would be disastrous for the coach.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: charlie caroli "Heres a left field prediction , Salford fans will never see Marc Sneyd in a Salford shirt again , you heard it here first .CHARLIE KNOWS .'"

To be honest Sneyd must be really pleased how this loan move has worked out for him. I don't think he could have dreamed about the form he's in and being third place in Superleague with a Challenge Cup semi-final to look forward to before the season started.

I know Marc is contracted for another year to us but at the end of the day I could fully understand if he didn't want to come back. Why would he? The Cas fans love him, he's playing in front of bigger crowds and Cas are a much better team right now. Plus is he guaranteed a starting place?

Basically I think it's up to the player because there's no point making him come back under sufference if he doesn't want to come back.

Our club needs players that are totally committed to Salford's future success and I think this has been part of the problem for us this year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach142No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Whilst Sneyd is our player when (if) he returns to us next year where is he going to play?

The rumour (as ever) is that Dobson is done, assuming Rangi stays as I`m sure he will half back with Theo aswell is sewn up. Full Back is Locke so where in the team will he play?

I can`t think after the season he has had he will want to be playing back up to anyone.

Can we do a deal with Cas for one of their players, if so who would they realistically release?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: redhope "Whilst Sneyd is our player when (if) he returns to us next year where is he going to play?

The rumour (as ever) is that Dobson is done, assuming Rangi stays as I`m sure he will half back with Theo aswell is sewn up. Full Back is Locke so where in the team will he play?

I can`t think after the season he has had he will want to be playing back up to anyone.

Can we do a deal with Cas for one of their players, if so who would they realistically release?'"

Ryan Boyle?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg

Quote: Bonita Red "And if I hear one more time about improved structures,and players taking in more information,I'll scream.
The bottom line is....stuff the talk about structures and start winning matches.
These guys are seasoned pros and losing to the Bulls would be disastrous for the coach.'"

Personally if we lose against the Bulls I think Harris would have to walk. If we can't beat Bradford at home with a team full of loan players can you honestly see where the next win would come from? This game on Sunday is absolutely crucial and I'm hoping and praying all the boys can put in a massive 80 minutes performance.

Bradford will be really fired up for this one and we will have to be ready from minute one.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10390No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11969.jpg
Me and are kid (TheButcher) putting the world two rights. ERIC SHAW PREDICTION LEAGUE & PLAY OFFS WINNER 2013 Don't like it? Well Frack off then. Energy & progress for all. Foe is our friend. mitie mouse, Lancetodd, Marshy1, eccles star, Dantes Inferno, Philyourboots, biggunbrad, DAVE@CAS1990, RED LEAGUE, OzWelsh, Red-Devils-PAW, newgroundb4wakey All blocked - Go ahead punk make my day.:11969.jpg

Quote: theredshed "Ryan Boyle?'"

Think the obvious answer is Clarke, though think it's pretty well known he is off to Warrington. I think what most people keep forgetting about Marc is that this season he has put himself in the shop window, after Green announcing yesterday he is leaving Wigan surely someone with Marcs talent and his accuracy with the boot make him a target as much too other clubs as they do too us. If say a Wigan did come in for him I'd much rather look at a swap for Goulding and/or Dudson and/or Gelling.

My opinion on him coming back is it's imperative, we will have a much more competent back line next season who it is hoped will score many more tries so a kicker of Marcs ability is an absolute must, Warrington have used Ratchford all over the park this season where he has pretty much excelled in all and I don't see why if Dodson does sign that Marc can't be used in the Ratchford type role.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg

Quote: Michigan red "Think the obvious answer is Clarke, though think it's pretty well known he is off to Warrington. I think what most people keep forgetting about Marc is that this season he has put himself in the shop window, after Green announcing yesterday he is leaving Wigan surely someone with Marcs talent and his accuracy with the boot make him a target as much too other clubs as they do too us. If say a Wigan did come in for him I'd much rather look at a swap for Goulding and/or Dudson and/or Gelling.

My opinion on him coming back is it's imperative, we will have a much more competent back line next season who it is hoped will score many more tries so a kicker of Marcs ability is an absolute must, Warrington have used Ratchford all over the park this season where he has pretty much excelled in all and I don't see why if Dodson does sign that Marc can't be used in the Ratchford type role.'"

Who knows if Cas get to Wembley they will have some extra money in the pot and could decide to offer a transfer fee. If they want to keep hold of Sneyd they are going to have to offer something substantial because as you say another club could come sniffing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach340No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15113.gif
:15113.gif

Quote: redhope "The rumour (as ever) is that Dobson is done, assuming Rangi stays as I`m sure he will half back with Theo aswell is sewn up. '"

I'd not bother with Dobson or get shut of Chase and his long face. Or maybe just get shut of Chase and play Dobson with Sneyd. Play a couple of dependable halves who want to wear the shirt.

Unless of course Chase can start playing 80 minutes of decent football rather than 75 minutes of drop off passes and then a couple of bits of magic to get everyone lauding.

33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
33 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.32470703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Or thane
5m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
11m