FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Salford Red Devils > Wowcher Offer sham... and Incompetant Stadium staff AGAIN!
17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach611No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB107.gif
quote :He who ignores the lessons of the past will be forced to re live them. quote: Smithy68 wrote: don’t worry we will be a major force next season MARK MY WORDS KEEP THE FAITH:cartoons/WB107.gif

Hi,

I am just borrowing my brothers account while waiting for mine to be acitivated.

I have been watching Salford from around 6 years old ('96 - 2007) - I had to stop due to work commitments and having 2 jobs i could never guarantee when I could go so couldn't justify buying a season ticket and have been going when and where I can.

This year I was so excited to be able to get a season ticket and go to the majority of the games! - My partner isn't a rugby fan, but has fancied coming to the games - but wasn't too keen on paying £20+ for a game he wasn't sure if he was going to enjoy etc. My season ticket is for the west stand.

So when I saw this offer on wowcher I snapped it up - bought one late last night. I was slightly concerned about whether the tickets would be limited to a certain part of the ground. When they had the promotion on through groupon last year they were in the west stand and I'd bought four for myself and friends from work - and being late at night I was unable to check with the club. The Wowcher didn't stipulate that the ticket was for any particular part of the stadium - or that it would even be limited to seating/standing etc - so I trusted my instict with the hope that both Salford and Wowcher wouldn't be daft enough not to advise this and that you could choose a seat if requested.

I buy the voucher and today call the club from 9am - 11am - no answer?? So i think that maybe no one will be there till 12 due to late kick off? So I decide to have a drive down.

Get there today - first off, the receptionist didn't even know what to with the voucher?!?!... I should have walked out at that point to save my blood pressure to be fair.

She then tells me that she had been there since 9 - I must have been dialling the wrong number - i show her my call history on my phone... noo I wasn't actually. She just wasn't answering.

She then finds out what to do with this voucher for this 'massive promotion' and I tell her that i, along with my 2 brothers (season ticket holders) sit in the west stand, and obviously with buying the 1 ticket - I would expect that I can choose a seat in the west stand - no no no ... Salford City Stadium use common sense? How dare I make presumptions...

Apparantly the tickets are for south and east stand only - not a problem! - If it was advised before hand. I just wouldn't have bought one if I knew, Who did they expect to buy these tickets? From my point of view the majority of the people buying them are going to be existing fans hoping to bring a friend along??

So after a point blank refusal to move the ticket to the west stand - I offer to pay the difference between the full price tickets. The receptionist may has well just blurted out 'computer says no'... because that the was only response I got. 'The system won't let me - I can't physically do it'

Now - I may be slightly spoilt in how I think a stadium should be run. I work in the executive team at Manchester United. Last season - we had 3 fans travel from Sweden with hospitality tickets. They turn up and it turns out they bought fakes from ebay. Manchester united still got them a seat in the ground - their attitude was that those 3 fans are going to go back to where they came from knowing that they had had the best time possible - in the scheme of things what they had given away was nothing in what they will earn if the fans decide to come again and buy drinks etc. And promotion by word of mouth can be invaluble...

Secondly - I also work for a massive private medical insurance company. Last season one of my colleagues was GIVEN 30 FREE hospitality tickets for a Salford game to take people from work... We all know these tickets are not gold dust, and they have set fine examples of that by throwing them at people for free.

In my eyes - I am a member of the club given that I am a season ticket holder - I pay £10 for a promotional off and even offer to pay additional for the difference for the ticket I wanted - and it is an impossible request. - Simply put, the computer just said no...

The manager I dealt with didn't even turn her body to look at me - 'Can't be done - just can't do it...'

As much as we would all like to think so - there is no chance that the west stand would be full tonight - when the offer finished I think there only a total of 42 tickets purchased!!

I am so angry with the stadium management team I am in the mind that I am now going to hand in my season ticket. I know in the scheme of things its a small issue - but the fact that there was no common sense or even an attempt to solve my problem just killed it for me. They even suggested that i get a south stand ticket and just 'ask the steward nicely' to let my partner in the west stand? O so now I should ask security to compromise their job role??

So many tickets are given away each game - both hospitality and general admission - the loyal season ticket fans always lose out big time and don't thought of any better by the looks of things...

Something needs to be done - Salford have now lost a prospective season ticket holder along with potentially losing an existing one... I try so hard to get friends and family to come to a game, I won't be doing anymore for the fear of being totally embarrased!!

I am so dissapointed -

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Do you know if the receptionist you mention, was an employee of the club or the stadium? It's irrelevant to you as the customer I know but it could explain why it's a big problem that needs sorting ASAP.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach611No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB107.gif
quote :He who ignores the lessons of the past will be forced to re live them. quote: Smithy68 wrote: don’t worry we will be a major force next season MARK MY WORDS KEEP THE FAITH:cartoons/WB107.gif

Stadium - I did call someone from the club shop who was trying their best to sit on the fence about the whole thing but on the whole was in agreement with me.

I have also posted this in the other thread about the wowcher offer

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Thought so. The club have a new owner and Chief Exec and fans are still having similar problems with ticketing. Fans with stadium issues need to bombard John Whiitaker at Peel with these complaints because somebody he employs to oversee their stake in SCS isn't doing their job and obviously filing complaints in the waste paper basket.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach411No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22737_1288352634.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22737.jpg

The offer is for "standard entry" of the ground, should be £20 but half price. It's £22 to get into the west stand. It was patently obvious to me that the tickets would be for the South or East stand. I have bought 3, went to the stadium at 2.30 this aft, went to reception, she printed the tickets, job done. Incidentally, I'm bringing 2 new fans tonight. Swings and roundabouts eh?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach611No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB107.gif

Well the offer last year on group was 2 for £20 - i bought 4 tickets and all were in the west stand.

the whole point is that no solution to my problem was offered. I offered to pay the additional to upgrade and no way that was not possible.

If this was an offer to see a top football team, or even a top super league team - people would be happy to fight for the tickets. Whilst begging for mroe long-trm fans in order to sustain the club, they can't be making such small requests so impossible all because a computer system won't allow a transaction.

I have now received a call from the club to say I can upgrade for a fiver... If they would have at least show some initiative, found out that information and offered me that I - just like you, would probably be going to the game tonight. Funniest thing is that I actually offered to do that in the first place. I couldn't have 1 person sat in the south stand - and then 3 of us in the west stand?!?!

It was the whole tough luck attitude that did not rub well with me! Like I said - we all know that free tickets for all games are given out left right and centre - yet my minute issue of moving one seat was impossible.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach611No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB107.gif

sorry that should have said ** groupon

RankPostsTeam
International Star36No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: northmanchesterdevil "The offer is for "standard entry" of the ground, should be £20 but half price. It's £22 to get into the west stand. It was patently obvious to me that the tickets would be for the South or East stand. I have bought 3, went to the stadium at 2.30 this aft, went to reception, she printed the tickets, job done. Incidentally, I'm bringing 2 new fans tonight. Swings and roundabouts eh?'"

Standard entry is £20? That's odd! For the first game, against Wigan, I was quoted £20 for the South Stand and £23 for the West Stand and I chose the West Stand. Since then, I have always gone in the South Stand and have always been charged £22. I don't think there is a way into the ground for £20, except for discounts.

As for the ticketing problem of redflagrising, I think you need to be very wary of this type of 'offer'. The West Stand will probably have a lot of season ticket holders who won't be happy if their seat is given away to a friend of the person in the next seat. This has caused problems with away fans trying to sit wherever they want in the East Stand before now. However, your point about the receptionist who couldn't be bothered to a) answer the phone and b) establish eye contact with you is serious. The first is what they are paid for and damn well should do! The second is mere politeness, costs nothing and should be expected from someone representing an organisation, whether that be the club (in which case, absolutely unforgiveable) or the stadium management company (in which case the club have a problem which needs addressing). As you point out, a professional organisation would take a hit on the price of a ticket or two in the hope of building future goodwill. Ours is not a professional organisation yet (the microphone farce tonight made me cringe!) but I hope it will be soon.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner622
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6673.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------- Winner, Salford Reds RL Prediction League 2005 -------------------------------------------------------- Founder Member: Chorley Reds Chapter --------------------------------------------------------:6673.jpg

Quote: tonyXIII "Standard entry is £20? That's odd! For the first game, against Wigan, I was quoted £20 for the South Stand and £23 for the West Stand and I chose the West Stand. Since then, I have always gone in the South Stand and have always been charged £22. I don't think there is a way into the ground for £20, except for discounts.'"

South stand is £20 online, incl booking fee. That's for printing off your ticket at home. I've done this a few times this season, including this evenings match

RankPostsTeam
International Star57No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The problem is when you have an issue with anything regarding seating, car parking tickets ect, when you contact the stadium the first person you speak to is the receptionist then you are put through to some one else, you explain your problem you put the phone down and hear naff all. The best way forward for SCR and the good Dr is employ our own staff to deal with our problems (the fans) and let them know how we feel and not the stadium staff filing the complaints in the bin. I have complained about the way I was treated when I had a disabled friend with me; guess what still waiting for a reply. Yes I no we don’t own the stadium but the Dr Still needs to find out why fans are not coming to games. And I’m with you on this one Red Flag Rising.

RankPostsTeam
International Star49No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I also used this offer, as a lapsed fan it was my first visit since we left the willows. whilst you may have had some issues with the receptionist that were unfortunate, I can't help but feel its partly your own fault.
I knew I wanted to stand, so also needed to check where the tickets were for, and guess what? that information was clearly available on the wowcher page under additional information before you had to commit to purchasing. it stated clearly that the vouchers could be used only for the east and south stand
ok, things could be better, but lets not use this as another nail to hammer the club with when its not really their fault that you wanted something they weren't offering and didn't check before buying.

RankPostsTeam
International Star57No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We are not having a go at the club (SCR) we are complaining about the way the stadium/G4S staff treat supporters from young and old, they look at you as if we don’t have a right to ask questions if we have a problem, BECAUSE they are always right and there is no compromise that is all we are saying.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2260No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
928_1530728280.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_928.jpg

As an away fan my thoughts on a first matchday at the new stadium

Got to the stadium 3.40 To watch the U20s

Went to pick up tickets from the office , no one there so had to wait till someone showed up , no help or directions offered to where to enter the stadium or the layout of the stadium .

Got a pint ( flat as a fart and half an inch short) in the 'fans' bar and set off to walk round to the east stand where tickets were for (as an aside to the bar issue how if a pint is 3.30 can they justify charging 1.80 for a half ?????? )

Found, no turn styles open , collared a random steward who itold me I couldn't get in and was unaware that their was a curtain raiser game on , by now it was 5 mins to kick off time.

Got back round to the west stand t find a single entrance open and a long queue of folks trying to get in ...pretty shambolic organization all round

On the plus side talked to a few sound Reds Fans and on the stadium front I have to say that both the young lass on the main car park gate and her hoppo on the north car park were extremely welcoming and helpful

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12187.jpg
#RED DEVILS:12187.jpg

Quote: Vestan Pance "I also used this offer, as a lapsed fan it was my first visit since we left the willows. whilst you may have had some issues with the receptionist that were unfortunate, I can't help but feel its partly your own fault.
I knew I wanted to stand, so also needed to check where the tickets were for, and guess what? that information was clearly available on the wowcher page under additional information before you had to commit to purchasing. it stated clearly that the vouchers could be used only for the east and south stand
ok, things could be better, but lets not use this as another nail to hammer the club with when its not really their fault that you wanted something they weren't offering and didn't check before buying.'"

But if you read RFR's post you'll see that she even asked for a ticket transfer to the west stand to which they said it can't be done? As I can't understand as the west stand had around 4000+ empty seats? She was later phoned by a member of staff at our club and told she could transfer to the west stand i dont know how they got the stadium management to change their minds as it was virtually impossible beforehand. But by then she was put off going and her and her Boyfriend didn't bother Attending after all. If this happens regularly with other fans you can see why nobody wants to go to the stadium to watch games, complete incompetence if you ask me.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1760No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15722.jpg
:15722.jpg

My wife got a two for one offer on the ladies day promotion.
It said on these that they were for East Stand.
Got in East Stand and walked round to West Stand.
I know this will change in future as they will eventually stop people waliking round and sitting wherever they want if we ever get bigger crowds icon_surprised.gifops:
It is the stadium management team and G4S who cause the problems and not SCRLFC.
As soon as the good Doctor gets ownership of the stadium then I hope this will change.

BTW
If G4S do try to stop you just ignore them, they are a waste of time jobsworths who are stealing a wage any way

17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.68701171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
Recent
Watson toast
Willzay
Recent
have the rules changed
Spookisback
Recent
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Alffi_7
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
Recent
Saints h
Zig
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
This site is crap
tad rhino
1m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
2m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 17
Fathead96
2m
Saints h
Zig
2m
FC v hull kr
Jake the Peg
3m
Arthur In
KaeruJim
4m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Leeds Home
Wire n Steel
4m
have the rules changed
Spookisback
5m
Watson toast
Willzay
5m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
karetaker
TODAY
Watson toast
Willzay
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Bradford
BigTime
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
RfE
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Les Norton
TODAY
Saints h
Zig
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
batleyrhino
TODAY
Arthur In
KaeruJim
TODAY
Wakefield H
Peter Goddar
TODAY
Squad for Leeds
Or thane
TODAY
Academy Internationa
Winslade's O
TODAY
Jamie Humphreys NRL Debut
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
York v Dons Sunday 14th July 2024 3pm
Double Movem
TODAY
Warrington v Wigan Super League game to take place in Las Ve
Saddened!
TODAY
Las Vegas Official
TF and the w
TODAY
have the rules changed
Spookisback
TODAY
FC v hull kr
Jake the Peg
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 2,760 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
11:00
Cronulla
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
17:30
WiganW
v
St.HelensW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
20:00
LondonB
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
St.Helens
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
08:30
Gold Coast
v
Parramatta
10:35
Brisbane
v
St.George
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Hull KR
Leigh
v
Huddersfield
       Championship 2024-R15
Whitehaven
v
Toulouse
Catalans
v
Salford
 Sun 14th Jul
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 12th Jul
SL
LondonB-Castleford
WSL2024
WiganW-St.HelensW
SL
Wigan-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
L1 14 Crusaders18-32Midlands
L1 14 Keighley20-20Rochdale
WSL2024 7 Wire W10-32Hudds W
WSL2024 7 York V44-0BarrowW
Sat 6th Jul
NRL 18 Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL 18 Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL 18 NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL 16 Hull KR14-16Catalans
SL 16 Leeds17-16LondonB
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Hull KR 16 397 217 180 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 16 218 496 -278 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 13 344 186 158 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Swinton 14 284 344 -60 10