JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It seems on here with Salford you are in the camp where everything the club do Is right,or the other camp that thinks
everything they do Is wrong.There Is no centre ground surely the club do not do everything right or wrong.
But for the chairman to say in an interview he cannot understand why we are not getting more crowd,at Barton
seems silly.Our hardcore at the Willows was about 3,500,the club new they would loose a few with the move,and we
did.Our crowd now Is near 5,000,I think that's not bad for the first season with what Is on offer at the moment,and
with all the negativity around the place.We have got rid of Mr Tarry< Some people say that should have been a long
time ago> But he should not be blamed for everything,and for the chairman to go on about marketing,what did we have
to market nothing,If he thinks anything differently he Is deluding him self,finely can the club justify the position of a
Director of Rugby if they cannot afford the coach any thing near the salary cap,a coach that Is doing a very good
job with the resources at his disposal.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Someday, somewhere, today’s empires are tomorrow’s ashes.:

Quote: red eyes "It seems on here with Salford you are in the camp where everything the club do Is right,or the other camp that thinks
everything they do Is wrong.There Is no centre ground surely the club do not do everything right or wrong.
But for the chairman to say in an interview he cannot understand why we are not getting more crowd,at Barton
seems silly.Our hardcore at the Willows was about 3,500,the club new they would loose a few with the move,and we
did.Our crowd now Is near 5,000,I think that's not bad for the first season with what Is on offer at the moment,and
with all the negativity around the place.We have got rid of Mr Tarry< Some people say that should have been a long
time ago> But he should not be blamed for everything,and for the chairman to go on about marketing,what did we have
to market nothing,If he thinks anything differently he Is deluding him self,finely can the club justify the position of a
Director of Rugby if they cannot afford the coach any thing near the salary cap,a coach that Is doing a very good
job with the resources at his disposal.'"

I don't think it's quite that simple. The people who appear to think everything the club does is wrong tend to think everyone who disagrees with them must, therefore, think the club does everything right. It's this infantile 'yes or no' stance they take that has led to people not really bothering to debate it with them. For me, and I suspect many others, the club does some things well and some things not so well. This is based on what I see happening. On the one hand, they've delivered a decent stadium (unlike Wakefield, Castleford, Bradford) and a reasonable squad, despite having probably the second lowest attendance in the division. On the other hand, there are understandable quibbles about ticketing and the 'match day experience', but much of this seems to be the fault of the SMC. I'm open minded about the negatives. If someone can prove to me that the club are entirely at fault, then I'll hold my hands up and say they're right. Thus far, and despite repeated request from various people on here, they haven't. All we're left with is some variation on "Waahh. Boo hoo. Something's wrong and someone, somewhere should do something about it", which isn't much to go on.

The 5000 crowds are an improvement on last year, but it looks like the club were expecting more. The difficulty they have is that they've (rightly, in my opinion) invested as much as possible in the squad, leaving little for marketing. But, despite playing some of the most attractive rugby we've seen for years, they still can't get Salfordians off their ar[is[/ies and into the stadium, and I doubt any amount of marketing will make much of a dent on that.

Ah well...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Red John "For me, and I suspect many others, the club does some things well and some things not so well. This is based on what I see happening. On the one hand, they've delivered a decent stadium (unlike Wakefield, Castleford, Bradford) and a reasonable squad, despite having probably the second lowest attendance in the division. On the other hand, there are understandable quibbles about ticketing and the 'match day experience', but much of this seems to be the fault of the SMC. I'm open minded about the negatives. If someone can prove to me that the club are entirely at fault, then I'll hold my hands up and say they're right. Thus far, and despite repeated request from various people on here, they haven't. All we're left with is some variation on "Waahh. Boo hoo. Something's wrong and someone, somewhere should do something about it", which isn't much to go on.
'"

Very good balanced post eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star424No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62282_1327231819.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62282.jpg

Just for the record the attendances this year have been questionable with regards to improvement, and if their has been any improvement surely its due to an upsurge in away support. So the 3000 - 3500 die hards still remain it's core support and even more lying dormant awaiting transformation as they've lost trust in this leadership.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: Red John "

The 5000 crowds are an improvement on last year, but it looks like the club were expecting more. The difficulty they have is that they've (rightly, in my opinion) invested as much as possible in the squad, leaving little for marketing. But, despite playing some of the most attractive rugby we've seen for years, they still can't get Salfordians off their ar[is[/ies and into the stadium, and I doubt any amount of marketing will make much of a dent on that.
'"

No one really knows our average crowd mainly due to the mythical figures being announced earlier in the season, and then rounded down after they had made the press.

As for not getting people into the stadium, sadly first impressions matter, and the shambles over ticketing/parking in the first few games will have put people off (not entirely the clubs fault). Also a lack of any promoting of season tickets towards the end of last season (even with 10000 in the ground vs Catalan) meant that we would always be starting from a low base crowd wise. Until the club realise the importance of promoting the sales of season tickets we are unlikely to pull in any major crowds on a week to week basis.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach567No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11600.gif
:11600.gif

i think next season Salford need to announce season ticket sales early and a simple method of people getting them as for last year i thought the leaflet they eventually gave people was over complicated for a season ticket.

hopefully they will come up with a more better method of people possibly paying on the day on the turnstiles other than getting a ticket.

the shuttle buses have improved over the season to where they pick up, parking round the stadium has improved with pay on the day parking next to the small pitches right of the stadium, the airport also the container company opening up for parking for fans.

i think salford where blinded thinking if they build the stadium that will solve all problems i for one did not think this and i believe it will have to be a gradual process. salford and the smc hopefully will learn a great deal from this season and improve on it for next season.

hopefully some sort of investor can come in and inject a little money in to the team and improve the salford business. i will give credit to phil and all his back room staff for what they have had to work with

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Someday, somewhere, today’s empires are tomorrow’s ashes.:

Quote: Dantes Inferno "Just for the record the attendances this year have been questionable with regards to improvement'"

Do you have any evidence for that? Figures or sources, for example?

Quote: Dantes Inferno "and if their has been any improvement surely its due to an upsurge in away support.'"

Quote: Dantes Inferno "So the 3000 - 3500 die hards still remain it's core support'"

Quote: Dantes Inferno "and even more lying dormant'"

Quote: Dantes Inferno "awaiting transformation as they've lost trust in this leadership.'"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4314
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32990_1435324474.jpg
First accept sadness. Realise that without losing 70% of the time, winning wouldn't be such a relief.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32990.jpg

Quote: red eyes "It seems on here with Salford you are in the camp where everything the club do Is right,or the other camp that thinks everything they do Is wrong.There Is no centre ground surely the club do not do everything right or wrong.
'"

It's nothing to do with people being right or wrong it's about those continually pointing angry fingers not being able to grasp that without a serious financial injection of cash the club will continue to fall short of expectations. Salford will continue to develop and lose players (feeder club) and come a cropper like they did on Friday after two good results. Anybody over 12 years old who thinks Salford are capable of being a top 8 club every year without major financial investment should be locked up for their own safety. d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Next year I honestly think we'll struggle to attract more fans than we have this year. Most away teams this year have had 1800/2000 (and more) there so in essence the 3000/3500 home following is more or less the same. Next season when the 'novelty factor' wears off and we're continuing to do what Salford do, loose games we should be winning, then I honestly think hand on heart we'll average less!

I'd happily get leaflets and posters printed off for the club at my own expense and time. No one at the club seems to want to do anything so its about time we helped out (even though it's not our job). I'm not saying posters and leaflets will make a massive difference, they may not, but they might get the locals aware that this is [sizeSALFORDS HOME GROUND IN THE CITY OF SALFORD AND NOT SALES[/sizethe lack of marketing and information about the stadium and who plays there has been embarrassing this year although it has started to improve lately. We need to take action and help the club out out. The reward may not come on the pitch, but will come in Salford heaven when we snuff it, if not we will become second class tenants in our ground no matter what anyone says.

<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.02294921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Hull KR H
MattyB
12m
Todays match v Saints
Fantastic Mr
16m