JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just bin readin the Vikings forum and a comment made on there as got me thinkin.

WIll the fact that the council bailed us out with a 350,000 loan last year go against us in the franchises? i.e will this stop us getting a tick in the finance setcion.....does it show mis-management? Or was the loan cos we were spending so much on getting stadium sorted that the council helped us out?

Also, from what I can tell, we dont own staidum so get no naming rights, food money and a only proportion of ticket sales. How does this mean we make more money than being at willows? or is the staidum just the only way we cud stay in super legaue? Or will be making more money at barton, despite only renting? I see Parrish saying on Reds.co.uk at moment that we will have big budgets at barton....but will this be the case?

Does anyone genuinely know the answers to these questions ?

Ta

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

HAVE PONDERED OVER EVERYTHING above several times,and do rather worry!! would be good to here in a bit more detail if possible/legal from the club on the matter ! also am rather worried over a rumour doing the rounds that the players are not getting paid on time!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner307No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thats a worry wardley red - although I wouldnt believe this. I think Wilky is dead against this sort of thing

Another question I forgot - what happened to the money form the willows. That was owned by club but sold to GW Homes last year. So has that money gone into club or maybe into barton? If its gone towards barton I would hope were more than mere tenants!!

PS - I heard what happened to the Myler money so we dont need to go down there icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

Wilky is bank rolling the club end of!!! and wont do it for ever....how on earth you can run a super league club on 3000 gates with at least 1000 of them getting in for nowt on the ridiculous try before you buy scheme that has left paying season ticket holders fuming all season,is beyond me !

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1005No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4598_1364572191.jpg
www.mancuniansrl.com:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4598.jpg

Quote: RED1 " from what I can tell, we dont own staidum so get no naming rights, food money and a only proportion of ticket sales. '"

Is this true?

Still, should get a boost in crowds at the new stadium, more merchandise sold etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A.Marshall:

Quote: BigRedV "Is this true?

Still, should get a boost in crowds at the new stadium, more merchandise sold etc.'"

I hear all this talk about how a new stadium will boost crowds but surely you have to factor in the lost spectators who maybe just can't get to Irlam, you know the kind the old guy who would maybe walk to the Willows. Also earlier in the thread someone stated that your club offers a try before you buy scheme...very admirable but in reality those people are going because it's free and that scenario will continue as people will go just to have a nosey. The only real way that your club will benefit is to get the on field product right, I was speaking to a mate who is /was a reds regular he hasn't been this season since he was charged £20 to watch the Warrington game.He prior to two seasons ago had always been a season ticket holder, those fans will only return when they feel they get value for money and with respect no amount of shiney new stadia will offer that, only a winning team that is challenging the top teams.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The finances are 100% dependent on Mr Wilkinson,as we know,so what happened to the Myler or Willows monies is irrelevant.
I would guess it went into the gaping hole that exists because of poor crowds and heavy investment in players.
The idea that we have a right to be told is ridiculous.
At some point JW will cease supporting the club,even if that's in 10 years,it's still inevitable.
If we were still at the Willows when that happened the Club would be dead as a dodo.
At least with the new stadium there is a modern franchise to be acquired.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19616_1264697305.jpg
www.exprest.co.uk 2010 Eric Shaw Prediction League Champion:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19616.jpg

Quote: Marshy1 "I hear all this talk about how a new stadium will boost crowds but surely you have to factor in the lost spectators who maybe just can't get to Irlam, you know the kind the old guy who would maybe walk to the Willows.'"

So that's possibly around 5 fans. No big loss at all and definitely NOT a factor.
On another thread the 'theredshed' highlighted the volume of traffic annually passing the stadium on the M60. If just 0.025 of these people show an interest and perhaps even decide to attend, the stadium will be full for each game. (I know things don't actually work that way, the results of any marketing campaign would prove that), but you just never know.
As many have stated, the product on the pitch is the main selling point, the new facilities are just an added extra, although definitely necessary in the modern era.
And as for the finances, I'm pretty certain that both the club and the council have discussed/studied this at length, and are satisfied with the projected returns for each.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5594
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6329_1327085433.jpg
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003... Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans? Then you need... TheButcher I must be STOPPED!! Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns' "A Local Forum. For Local People":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6329.jpg

I would not worry about finances. You could look at it from both angles. If they don't own the ground all the overheads associated with owning one disappear. Think about the potential off-field revenue generated by the Club with regards to conference facilities, Club sponsored entertainment etc. If you look at, as an example, Penrith Panthers Leagues Club. I realise that Salford's ambitions are somewhat smaller in scale but it is a good example of what Salford can aim for in the long term. At Penrith you have a 4* hotel, sports, entertainment, restaurants etc. The Club is at the heart of its community and becomes the focal point, not just for RL supporters, but the community in general.

Salford have an amazing opportunity to do something similar from next year. The Club already earns more money from Corporate sponsorship and off-field activities, it's the reason we play Friday nights after all. The new ground will bring in even more due to its fantastic facilities, dare I say it, designed for this in mind.

If Salford can make itself a massive part of the community in its new ground, encourage the youth and amateur players to be involved with the new facilities and become part of a new hub. Attract in more corporate money and hopefully bring in new support, curious as to what Salford City Reds do, we will have little to fear from financial issues.

Ok. So it's a bit pie in the sky. But the Club has a blank canvass to work with when it moves to Barton and I just hope they intend to hit the floor running and not miss the opportunity that is presenting itself.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wardleyred "HAVE PONDERED OVER EVERYTHING above several times,and do rather worry!! would be good to here in a bit more detail if possible/legal from the club on the matter ! also am rather worried over a rumour doing the rounds that the players are not getting paid on time!!'"

A rumour is hearsay,gossip,common talk,not based on definite knowledge;an unconfirmed report or story.Need I say any more?

It was the same as "He is coming"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach844No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds transparents/Catbert.gif
:fonds transparents/Catbert.gif

Quote: Marshy1 "I hear all this talk about how a new stadium will boost crowds but surely you have to factor in the lost spectators who maybe just can't get to Irlam, you know the kind the old guy who would maybe walk to the Willows. .'"

This annoys me greatly when people say this, the amount of arguments I have had with our fans this season saying the same thing. The fact remains we average around 3,000 home fans a game and have been at the Willows for long enough for this to change, personally I couldn't give a fu*k if a few of the local residents wont come when we move, if they class themselves as a fan they would be there no matter what. Maybe a few local residents of Irlam/Peel green will take an interest and come instead.

A few locals around Weaste not coming to the games and then moaning that the new stadium isn't in "proper Salford" as I have had said to me on more occasions than I care to remember this season is ,i have managed fine coming in from walkden & now Eccles over the past 19 years. Let face it the weaste public and surrounding areas have had long enough to get to the games and looking at our attendances proves the majority just don't give toss about us. SO I couldn't give a toss about them if they decide not to come.

Of course I will be sad to see the back of the willows it has been my second home for many years and ideally I would love to stay but we all know rugby is a business these days and we need a change quick our attendances cant get any worse!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Totally agree

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: wardleyred "Wilky is bank rolling the club end of!!! and wont do it for ever....how on earth you can run a super league club on 3000 gates with at least 1000 of them getting in for nowt on the ridiculous try before you buy scheme that has left paying season ticket holders fuming all season,is beyond me !'"

The idea of the try before you buy scheme was (is) an attempt to get new fans before the move to Barton. If normal fans want to use this to save themselves £20 you can hardly blame them, however if every Salford fan sent the link on to 10 people who have never been before we might get a few new people going to games. Sadly no-one will do this and would rather come on here and moan about low attendances instead.

Quote: wardleyred "A rumour is hearsay,gossip,common talk,not based on definite knowledge;an unconfirmed report or story.Need I say any more?
'"

Interesting how it made the RL press on Monday yet doesn't appear to have been denied by the club?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach961No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Interesting how it made the RL press on Monday yet doesn't appear to have been denied by the club?'"
]

Played down/denied in MEN today.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4678No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18952_1309202725.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18952.jpg

Quote: Original Salford City Red "

Played down/denied in MEN today.'"

Ok cheers haven't seen todays MEN yet.

54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed
54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, king of the shed

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0576171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM